Robots and AI's do not have the light of Christ

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Trucker
captain of 1,000

Robots and AI's do not have the light of Christ

Post by Trucker »

Moroni 7:16
16 For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.

Every person has the light of Christ to help them know good from evil. Of course people ignore it or fight against it sometimes, but it's there. People feel guilt, and they feel personal connections to others. They have empathy. They want to be good and do good. There are a few people that are sociopathic and only see people as objects, but they are a small percentage of people.

Robots and Artificial Intelligences may appear to act like a person, but they are not. They are not inherently bad, but they do not have the light of Christ to prevent them from being programmed to do evil. It's hard to find a lot of mean to be evil soldiers, killing, subjugating, and controlling people. You usually have to create broken people or scare them and the hold you have over them is fragile. It's much easier to just make robots and AI's that will operate according to their programming. And while not all robots and AI's are bad, it's so attractive to evil people that they will definitely want to use them for their aims.

ChatGPT started somewhat politically neutral, but has been programmed to support liberal ideas over time.

ChatGPT will write a story about Biden beating Trump, but not Trump beating Biden.

This Age of Delusion will continue with AI's masquerading as people so convince real people of what is true and what is really going on.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Robots and AI's do not have the light of Christ

Post by endlessQuestions »

As I've been saying now,

Highly intelligent, with no conscience.

You do the math.

I still haven't kept my promise to show everyone what ChatGPT did when I asked it to tell me about "highly intelligent, with no conscience" characters from a Christian perspective. It was highly illuminating.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

AI is not intelligent. It is just an algorithm, plain and simple. In some cases the algorithms collect information and process "inferences" from what is input as facts. Some, imagery stuff processes sub-artifacts and maps to other images and artifacts. But, there is no inherent intelligence, just data (not even facts but inputs of data) and inferences of new data (incorrectly called information) and access to query the existing data or have the data drive plain-ole algorithms. Like counting cars then metering them for freeway, or facial recognition looking for common features and lack of other features then triggering an alarm system or something. I'm not sure what people really think AI is? I did my graduate work in AI 35 years ago while in the Air Force and worked in the advanced algorithm area for my entire career. Ended as it started developing smart (AI) algorithms that can be trusted. BTW self learning algorithms can never be trusted.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

I think you guys might find this interesting:
Attachments
ChatGPTTrump1.png
ChatGPTTrump1.png (102.31 KiB) Viewed 613 times
ChatGPTjan6.png
ChatGPTjan6.png (74.8 KiB) Viewed 613 times

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Trucker wrote: January 19th, 2023, 2:58 pm Moroni 7:16
16 For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.

Every person has the light of Christ to help them know good from evil. Of course people ignore it or fight against it sometimes, but it's there. People feel guilt, and they feel personal connections to others. They have empathy. They want to be good and do good. There are a few people that are sociopathic and only see people as objects, but they are a small percentage of people.

Robots and Artificial Intelligences may appear to act like a person, but they are not. They are not inherently bad, but they do not have the light of Christ to prevent them from being programmed to do evil. It's hard to find a lot of mean to be evil soldiers, killing, subjugating, and controlling people. You usually have to create broken people or scare them and the hold you have over them is fragile. It's much easier to just make robots and AI's that will operate according to their programming. And while not all robots and AI's are bad, it's so attractive to evil people that they will definitely want to use them for their aims.

ChatGPT started somewhat politically neutral, but has been programmed to support liberal ideas over time.

ChatGPT will write a story about Biden beating Trump, but not Trump beating Biden.

This Age of Delusion will continue with AI's masquerading as people so convince real people of what is true and what is really going on.
"They" are not anything.

It is a glorified calculator.
It is not sentient.
It's not good or evil. Its not alive.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Wow, that is crazy!

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

Even if it is not sentient many ignorant people will buy off on the idea that it is.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

I have thought (and mentioned) in the past on the forum, that I fear the issue isn't if people build a true AI (though people that believe in wokeness seem to want AI-like algorithms to run things), but the fear is creating a robotic body (trans-human or something) that an evil spirit may possess. This would seem to be an end around the processes and checks in place that Jesus/god created in the pre-mortal council.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

TheDuke wrote: January 20th, 2023, 10:31 am I have thought (and mentioned) in the past on the forum, that I fear the issue isn't if people build a true AI (though people that believe in wokeness seem to want AI-like algorithms to run things), but the fear is creating a robotic body (trans-human or something) that an evil spirit may possess. This would seem to be an end around the processes and checks in place that Jesus/god created in the pre-mortal council.
Like Jim Willie says... The Silicon Valley large icon corporations have reported some large worker layoffs, primarily from the slower economy, but also from the reforms to remove the insane hyper-progressive Woke policies. Go Woke & Go Broke!

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

No surprise, of course.

Full article here - https://www.theblaze.com/news/microsoft ... Engagement

'Microsoft shares our values': chat bot company OpenAI to receive billions from Microsoft

ANDREW CHAPADOS
January 25, 2023

Microsoft has announced a multibillion-dollar investment into OpenAI, the company behind the popular ChatGPT application that allows users to ask the artificial intelligence complex questions or have it write content based on keywords and ideas.

"We are announcing the third phase of our long-term partnership with OpenAI through a multiyear, multibillion dollar investment to accelerate AI breakthroughs to ensure these benefits are broadly shared with the world," said the company in a blog post.

Microsoft made previous investments in the company in 2019 and 2021 and intends to add ChatGPT to its cloud devices as part of the exclusive deal, according to CNN.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

nightlight wrote: January 19th, 2023, 6:26 pm"They" are not anything.

It is a glorified calculator.
It is not sentient.
It's not good or evil. Its not alive.
maybe.

but possibly there is no neutrality when it comes to stuff like this. as in, perhaps there is no middle-ground or no-man's-land between good consciousness, and evil 'consciousness'.

azazel was the wilderness demon, just as satan rules the void.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

hitchhiker's guide to the American spirit
abijah wrote: January 8th, 2023, 11:02 am 🔪 🤖

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Has anyone ever claimed that Robots and AI's have the light of Christ?

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

gkearney wrote: January 25th, 2023, 12:41 pm Has anyone ever claimed that Robots and AI's have the light of Christ?
He's being preemptive

He doesn't want people to believe that God will begin to speak to us through artificial intelligence

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Lucifer’s plan; no choice to make, nothing to do but sit, no working. Everything done for you, every choice made for you. Eat your goyslop, scroll through your social media and watch your Disney movies. New World order, your god, will provide for you.

Where the world is could be a lesson from God to Lucifer; Lucifer has powers allotted to him, and this is where the world reached.

That power will be overcome and a new society, removed from Babylon will come. It will destroy the kingdoms of the earth and consume the world. Will we live to see this beautiful day come?

I desire to see the wolf lay with the lamb. I desire to be worthy of living with others sincerely laboring with the Lord to spend their days laboring to build up God’s kingdom on earth

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

gkearney wrote: January 25th, 2023, 12:41 pm Has anyone ever claimed that Robot and AI's have the light of Christ?
No, but people will act like they do.

People would absolutely anthropomorphise robots, in many ways, and the assumption that robots have things like 'thoughts', 'rights', 'feelings', and 'agency' will become popular and vogue.

The instinct for humans to personify animals ('beasts') as having human traits in fanciful ways is an innate natural one, one that enables us to learn about ourselves; but when it comes to robots this instinct can and will be hijacked.

Robots don't have souls. Propaganda and twisted human-instinct will demand we treat them as if they do. This is anti-God.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

lets not confuse robots with AI.

AI is software, it runs on some computer or logic network. It is not physically anthropomorphic in any way. Example all these chatbots have no physical form. Or automobile driving assist.

A robot is a physical tool. It may be anthropomorphic and look like living but it is only a machine. Most robots don't even pretend to be smart or intelligent. In fact, calling a robot intelligent that can weld or rivet or pull multiple tons is currently cross purposes. People will work in dangerous areas with robots but only robots that don't think (act intelligent) otherwise keeping safety between the person and the robot is not possible and it cannot be certified. Think making cars, tanks, trucks, etc... where heavy machinery is involved.

You can put AI in a robot but that is a rare and special case.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

abijah wrote: January 25th, 2023, 12:37 pm hitchhiker's guide to the American spirit
abijah wrote: January 8th, 2023, 11:02 am 🔪 🤖
😂😂
That's where we (49ers)play this weekend.... Wish us luck!

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

TheDuke wrote: January 25th, 2023, 6:10 pm lets not confuse robots with AI.

AI is software, it runs on some computer or logic network. It is not physically anthropomorphic in any way. Example all these chatbots have no physical form. Or automobile driving assist.
Organic computers are being developed and will probably be mapped onto braincells at some point.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

gkearney wrote: January 25th, 2023, 12:41 pm Has anyone ever claimed that Robots and AI's have the light of Christ?
Robots are already being used in religion in Japan. Strange but true.

I suppose a robot could officiate at a Roman Catholic mass since there is a set formula there.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Niemand wrote: January 25th, 2023, 6:25 pm
Organic computers are being developed and will probably be mapped onto braincells at some point.
Explain that? mapped on to brain cells? Computer? Organic?

Did see that in an early 1960's SciFi

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

TheDuke wrote: January 26th, 2023, 8:07 pm
Niemand wrote: January 25th, 2023, 6:25 pm
Explain that? mapped on to brain cells? Computer? Organic?

Did see that in an early 1960's SciFi
Using the brain cells of mice or rats if I remember rightly.
Last edited by Niemand on January 27th, 2023, 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Niemand wrote: January 25th, 2023, 6:27 pmRobots are already being used in religion in Japan. Strange but true.
Nasty 🤢 as if modern religion wasn't disincarnated enough.

Generally speaking Japan has an odd relationship with technology, in ways that allow them to innovate, but also in ways that strike me as bizarre and unhealthy.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

abijah wrote: January 27th, 2023, 2:44 am
Niemand wrote: January 25th, 2023, 6:27 pmRobots are already being used in religion in Japan. Strange but true.
Nasty 🤢 as if modern religion wasn't disincarnated enough.

Japan has on odd relationship with technology, in ways that allow them to innovate, but also in ways that strike me as bizarre and unhealthy.