Birth control as the beginning of compromise

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Re: Birth control as the beginning of compromise

Post by Christianlee »

TheDuke wrote: โ†‘January 24th, 2023, 11:01 am Wow, I surely find there are many non-sexed or nutered folks here. I mean to feel BC is evil, is , well just stupid. I mean, any person who is married and has equal number of children to the number of times they've had sex either has no sex-drive or an ugly wife or both. I have 4 of my own, I would guess I'd be pretty in-line with folks here. Remarried with 4 more, carrying for 8 (adults but you know). I've been married 45 years. I guess you cannot count that past 15 or so, really as there comes a point a woman cannot get pregnant. So, 30 years, 4 kids................................ do the math on BC one way or another. To abstain if married is BC, to count days is BC, to dump seed on ground is BC. So any married without about 1 child a year for all marriage up to say 50 years old either uses some form of BC or has internal emotional problems. IMO.

This is an example thread where people take silly constraints and find evil for normal common sense. Even look at Abraham. Lived to what 120, like 80 years of marriage, and what 6 or more wives when he was done. He had how many children? maybe 10? Even prolific Jacob had maybe 15 counting girls with 4 wives and entire life time... obviously using some form of BC.
You are calling previous LDS leaders stupid. Natural family planning is not artificial birth control. It is self control.

Ado
captain of 100

Post by Ado »

Personal experience:
When I got married ten years ago, I went on the pill. Not long after, I started having severe panic attacks and major depression. I could not function. I remember one time I got so upset/scared that I screamed and threw my phone across the room and into the wall. My poor husband asked what my problem was and I could only cry because I honestly did not know. I felt miserable and angry all the time for no reason that I could explain. After a few years of misery, being put on sertraline and made to feel like a zombie, I was done, beginning to feel suicidal. My mom mentioned the problem to my uncle because he is a child psychologist, and he called me. He said, "So you got married, went on birth control, and then began having terrible mood swings. It's obviously the birth control." I had no idea. I felt so stupid. My doctor never told me the risks outside of maybe gaining a few pounds, and I felt dumb for not researching it more. I just trusted it because I knew everyone went on it once they got married.
Needless to say I stopped taking the birth control. I have been tracking my cycle for several years now and that has worked just fine for us. It is actually remarkably effective. We have two kids and if another one surprises us, we'd be grateful. I've also been able to get off the anti-depressant. Now I know that feelings are normal. It's normal to have bad days. It's normal to feel overwhelmed sometimes with motherhood/homeschooling/life in general. The fact that society wants to medicate you at the first sign of feeling anything is a topic for another day.

My two sisters-in-law have been on the pill since they were teens to regulate their periods. One of them is almost 30 and has been trying for years to get pregnant unsuccessfully. The other one has struggled with major mental health issues. I've shared studies with them and mentioned my experience with the pill and how it wreaked havoc on my psyche, and they both nearly ripped my head off at the suggestion that their precious birth control could have had anything to do with their woes. Whatever. I tried.
My own sister was on the pill and having mental health issues. Luckily she heeded my suggestion and stopped the pill and has felt so much better since. She was even able to get off her anti-depressant. I wonder how many women are on antidepressants to combat the side effects of birth control? Honestly, I believe it is an evil thing that ruins women's psyche and fertility. It's an unnatural substance that forces your body to stop doing a very natural thing. There's something insidious about that to me.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Ado wrote: โ†‘January 24th, 2023, 12:24 pm Personal experience:
When I got married ten years ago, I went on the pill. Not long after, I started having severe panic attacks and major depression. I could not function. I remember one time I got so upset/scared that I screamed and threw my phone across the room and into the wall. My poor husband asked what my problem was and I could only cry because I honestly did not know. I felt miserable and angry all the time for no reason that I could explain. After a few years of misery, being put on sertraline and made to feel like a zombie, I was done, beginning to feel suicidal. My mom mentioned the problem to my uncle because he is a child psychologist, and he called me. He said, "So you got married, went on birth control, and then began having terrible mood swings. It's obviously the birth control." I had no idea. I felt so stupid. My doctor never told me the risks outside of maybe gaining a few pounds, and I felt dumb for not researching it more. I just trusted it because I knew everyone went on it once they got married.
Needless to say I stopped taking the birth control. I have been tracking my cycle for several years now and that has worked just fine for us. It is actually remarkably effective. We have two kids and if another one surprises us, we'd be grateful. I've also been able to get off the anti-depressant. Now I know that feelings are normal. It's normal to have bad days. It's normal to feel overwhelmed sometimes with motherhood/homeschooling/life in general. The fact that society wants to medicate you at the first sign of feeling anything is a topic for another day.

My two sisters-in-law have been on the pill since they were teens to regulate their periods. One of them is almost 30 and has been trying for years to get pregnant unsuccessfully. The other one has struggled with major mental health issues. I've shared studies with them and mentioned my experience with the pill and how it wreaked havoc on my psyche, and they both nearly ripped my head off at the suggestion that their precious birth control could have had anything to do with their woes. Whatever. I tried.
My own sister was on the pill and having mental health issues. Luckily she heeded my suggestion and stopped the pill and has felt so much better since. She was even able to get off her anti-depressant. I wonder how many women are on antidepressants to combat the side effects of birth control? Honestly, I believe it is an evil thing that ruins women's psyche and fertility. It's an unnatural substance that forces your body to stop doing a very natural thing. There's something insidious about that to me.
Thank you for sharing your story. ๐Ÿ‘
In general, it hits home with my own experiences in life and with 'medications'.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Cruiserdude wrote: โ†‘January 24th, 2023, 12:58 pm
Ado wrote: โ†‘January 24th, 2023, 12:24 pm Personal experience:

Thank you for sharing your story. ๐Ÿ‘
In general, it hits home with my own experiences in life and with 'medications'.
Like statins and Type 2 diabetes? There is money to be made in keeping you sick.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

I donโ€™t think BY et alโ€™s intention was to bring Babylon into their midst. I think the idea was to be able to export what Zion was producing, and ensuring an independent stand. My opinion based off their statements.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Christianlee wrote: โ†‘January 24th, 2023, 7:30 am Perhaps the Church realized a working couple, both with large incomes, can bring in more tithing than a stay-at-home mom trying to handle eight children. The McMansions of the Wasatch Front seem to validate it.
And the more likely the children will follow satan since they will have very little parental intervention. Satan thinks long term. This plan of his has taken 7000 years to get this far.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Dusty Wanderer wrote: โ†‘January 24th, 2023, 10:39 am
tmac wrote: โ†‘January 24th, 2023, 7:44 am Perhaps. Either way, at this point it is pretty tough to distinguish the Church from Babylon. But you make a good point, we have now reached a point where most Mormons would probably rather have a McMansion than children. And the corresponding extra tithing income does seem to be more important to the Church than more children.
Exactly.

In church on Sunday, a nice, relatively young sister (new to the ward) gave a talk and by way of introduction mentioned she divorced a little over a year ago. She tried to not get into any details, which is good in that setting. Well, she said he was a "good man", that that they just wanted different things, that his wishes for her were "too traditional". After the divorce she went on to finish her MBA and remarked how blessed she is financially now, able to "experience the world" (no joke) and has a great job that she hopes to have for "the rest of her life". (She's teaching business at a prominent university in Utah County.)
Good riddance.

Sir H

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

HVDC wrote: โ†‘January 24th, 2023, 1:40 pm
tmac wrote: โ†‘January 24th, 2023, 7:44 am Perhaps. Either way, at this point it is pretty tough to distinguish the Church from Babylon. But you make a good point, we have now reached a point where most Mormons would probably rather have a McMansion than children. And the corresponding extra tithing income does seem to be more important to the Church than more children.
Exactly.

In church on Sunday, a nice, relatively young sister (new to the ward) gave a talk and by way of introduction mentioned she divorced a little over a year ago. She tried to not get into any details, which is good in that setting. Well, she said he was a "good man", that that they just wanted different things, that his wishes for her were "too traditional". After the divorce she went on to finish her MBA and remarked how blessed she is financially now, able to "experience the world" (no joke) and has a great job that she hopes to have for "the rest of her life". (She's teaching business at a prominent university in Utah County.)
Good riddance.

Sir H
That woman had no understanding of marriage. She married under false pretenses.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Christianlee wrote: โ†‘January 24th, 2023, 1:43 pm
HVDC wrote: โ†‘January 24th, 2023, 1:40 pm
Exactly.

Good riddance.

Sir H
That woman had no understanding of marriage. She married under false pretenses.
Looks to me like she is living her life under false pretenses.

She has lots of company.

Sir H

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Fred wrote: โ†‘January 24th, 2023, 1:11 pm
Christianlee wrote: โ†‘January 24th, 2023, 7:30 am Perhaps the Church realized a working couple, both with large incomes, can bring in more tithing than a stay-at-home mom trying to handle eight children. The McMansions of the Wasatch Front seem to validate it.
And the more likely the children will follow satan since they will have very little parental intervention. Satan thinks long term. This plan of his has taken 7000 years to get this far.
He nothing else to do.

Sir H
Last edited by HVDC on January 24th, 2023, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Why do Mormon women stop having children at 36?
Because thirty-seven is just too many.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Robin Hood wrote: โ†‘January 24th, 2023, 2:05 pm Why do Mormon women stop having children at 36?
Because thirty-seven is just too many.
:lol: :lol: :lol: