Torah is still Valid

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 11322
Location: The Universe - wherever that is.

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by Thinker »

ransomme wrote: January 21st, 2023, 1:55 pm
Thinker wrote: January 19th, 2023, 9:56 am In Judaism,
“ 1.The Talmud is the most vital manuscript of conventional Judaism.
2.The Talmud is the basic tool for learning the ethics behind the customs of Judaism.”


The Talmud is considered the lens by which the Torah is interpreted.

Quotes from the Jewish Talmud: (Note that ‘goy’ is anyone not Jewish)

“If a ‘goy’ (Gentile) hits a Jew he must be killed.” (Sanhedrin 58b)
* “If a Jew finds an object lost by a ‘goy’ it does not have to be returned.” (Baba Mezia 24a)
* “If a Jew murders a ‘goy’ there will be no death penalty.” (Sanhedrin 57a)
* What a Jew steals from a ‘goy’ he may keep.” (Sanhedrin 57a)
* “Jews may use subterfuges to circumvent a ‘goy.’” (Baba Kamma 113a)
* “All children of the ‘goyim’ (Gentiles) are animals.” (Yebamoth 98a)

“The ‘goyim’ are not humans. They are beasts.” (Baba Mezia 114b)
* “If you eat with a ‘goy’ it is the same as eating with a dog.” (Tosapoth, Jebamoth 94b)
* “Even the best of the ‘goyim’ should all be killed.” (Soferim 15)


Now you can check off your daily scripture reading. ;)
reads like the Koran
How? Would you shed light on that with quotes? I’m curious if that’s true.

User avatar
SJR3t2
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1144
Contact:

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by SJR3t2 »

Thinker wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 12:23 pm
SJR3t2 wrote: January 20th, 2023, 12:28 pm
Thinker wrote: January 19th, 2023, 9:56 am In Judaism,
“ 1.The Talmud is the most vital manuscript of conventional Judaism.
2.The Talmud is the basic tool for learning the ethics behind the customs of Judaism.”


The Talmud is considered the lens by which the Torah is interpreted.

Quotes from the Jewish Talmud: (Note that ‘goy’ is anyone not Jewish)

“If a ‘goy’ (Gentile) hits a Jew he must be killed.” (Sanhedrin 58b)
* “If a Jew finds an object lost by a ‘goy’ it does not have to be returned.” (Baba Mezia 24a)
* “If a Jew murders a ‘goy’ there will be no death penalty.” (Sanhedrin 57a)
* What a Jew steals from a ‘goy’ he may keep.” (Sanhedrin 57a)
* “Jews may use subterfuges to circumvent a ‘goy.’” (Baba Kamma 113a)
* “All children of the ‘goyim’ (Gentiles) are animals.” (Yebamoth 98a)

“The ‘goyim’ are not humans. They are beasts.” (Baba Mezia 114b)
* “If you eat with a ‘goy’ it is the same as eating with a dog.” (Tosapoth, Jebamoth 94b)
* “Even the best of the ‘goyim’ should all be killed.” (Soferim 15)


Now you can check off your daily scripture reading. ;)
Talmud is oral law aka false traditions of men, which Yeshua spoke against in the NT, and stated they make Torah null and void. Torah is the written law from YHWH.

Alma (LDS 37:20) (RLDS 17:51) Therefore I command you, my son Helaman, that ye be diligent in fulfilling all my words, and that ye be DILIGENT in KEEPING the COMMANDMETNS of GOD [ELOHIM] AS THEY ARE WRITTEN.
Mormonism/Christianity and Islam are based off a religion that proves to be corrupt with evil. Not saying it’s all evil - plenty of good can be found - but it shouldn’t be taken as if it could be trusted & worshipped without thought or screening.

And the Torah - including wanting to kill the vast majority of people - seems to fit with some depopulation trends, like abortion, homosexuality propaganda/laws, wars, Georgia guidestones depopulation goal, and:

Image

PSY OPS is only effective when subjects are oblivious of their own participation. Most Ponzi schemes people have their guard up at least much more so than with religion. That’s why religion has been used & is being used to control masses.
We for sure disagree. But FYI at the second coming Yeshua will be stoning the wicked.

The Second Coming of Yeshua proves stoning is still in the law / Torah. Insights regarding the three kingdoms of glory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj_X5Q_ ... n&index=30

User avatar
Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 11608
Location: England

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by Robin Hood »

Thinker wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 12:32 pm
Robin Hood wrote: January 21st, 2023, 3:50 am
Thinker wrote: January 19th, 2023, 9:56 am In Judaism,
“ 1.The Talmud is the most vital manuscript of conventional Judaism.
2.The Talmud is the basic tool for learning the ethics behind the customs of Judaism.”


The Talmud is considered the lens by which the Torah is interpreted.

Quotes from the Jewish Talmud: (Note that ‘goy’ is anyone not Jewish)

“If a ‘goy’ (Gentile) hits a Jew he must be killed.” (Sanhedrin 58b)
* “If a Jew finds an object lost by a ‘goy’ it does not have to be returned.” (Baba Mezia 24a)
* “If a Jew murders a ‘goy’ there will be no death penalty.” (Sanhedrin 57a)
* What a Jew steals from a ‘goy’ he may keep.” (Sanhedrin 57a)
* “Jews may use subterfuges to circumvent a ‘goy.’” (Baba Kamma 113a)
* “All children of the ‘goyim’ (Gentiles) are animals.” (Yebamoth 98a)

“The ‘goyim’ are not humans. They are beasts.” (Baba Mezia 114b)
* “If you eat with a ‘goy’ it is the same as eating with a dog.” (Tosapoth, Jebamoth 94b)
* “Even the best of the ‘goyim’ should all be killed.” (Soferim 15)


Now you can check off your daily scripture reading. ;)
Pretty shocking... but no worse than the attitude of Gentiles towards the Jews.
Pogroms, Holocaust etc
How many movies, documentaries, school text books/lessons/videos and other media sheds light on the Holocaust?

How many movies, documentaries, school text books/lessons/videos and other media sheds light on the goals of genocidal hatred for most humanity found in clear print in the Talmud?
I take your point.
However, the Talmud Gentile hatred has never really manifested itself on a significant scale.
Gentiles are not being systematically murdered by Jews.

User avatar
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9320

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by Niemand »

Robin Hood wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 3:23 pm However, the Talmud Gentile hatred has never really manifested itself on a significant scale.
Gentiles are not being systematically murdered by Jews.
I'm just imagining where this is going to lead to. Discussion of global Z.O.G.?

User avatar
Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2086

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by Shawn Henry »

Bronco73idi wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 11:41 am You don’t think D&C 87 should be in D&C?

I would love perfection in all things but we are dealing with the likes of David, a law giver….
The 1876 additions are a mixed bag. Some are true revelations, and some are not. What they all have in common is JS in 1844 rejected all of them for inclusion in the 1844 edition.

User avatar
ransomme
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1847

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by ransomme »

Thinker wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 12:34 pm
ransomme wrote: January 21st, 2023, 1:55 pm
Thinker wrote: January 19th, 2023, 9:56 am In Judaism,
“ 1.The Talmud is the most vital manuscript of conventional Judaism.
2.The Talmud is the basic tool for learning the ethics behind the customs of Judaism.”


The Talmud is considered the lens by which the Torah is interpreted.

Quotes from the Jewish Talmud: (Note that ‘goy’ is anyone not Jewish)

“If a ‘goy’ (Gentile) hits a Jew he must be killed.” (Sanhedrin 58b)
* “If a Jew finds an object lost by a ‘goy’ it does not have to be returned.” (Baba Mezia 24a)
* “If a Jew murders a ‘goy’ there will be no death penalty.” (Sanhedrin 57a)
* What a Jew steals from a ‘goy’ he may keep.” (Sanhedrin 57a)
* “Jews may use subterfuges to circumvent a ‘goy.’” (Baba Kamma 113a)
* “All children of the ‘goyim’ (Gentiles) are animals.” (Yebamoth 98a)

“The ‘goyim’ are not humans. They are beasts.” (Baba Mezia 114b)
* “If you eat with a ‘goy’ it is the same as eating with a dog.” (Tosapoth, Jebamoth 94b)
* “Even the best of the ‘goyim’ should all be killed.” (Soferim 15)


Now you can check off your daily scripture reading. ;)
reads like the Koran
How? Would you shed light on that with quotes? I’m curious if that’s true.
I'll have to look them up. My friend has one, and he reads passages to me.

Meanwhile, just imagine swapping goyim for infidel.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2094

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by Bronco73idi »

Shawn Henry wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 5:29 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 11:41 am You don’t think D&C 87 should be in D&C?

I would love perfection in all things but we are dealing with the likes of David, a law giver….
The 1876 additions are a mixed bag. Some are true revelations, and some are not. What they all have in common is JS in 1844 rejected all of them for inclusion in the 1844 edition.
So why did he reject 87, seems like a weak leader. 87 isn’t even complete so one could say it’s a false prophecy.

Personally I think Jospeh was more scare of men then he was of the one who created Job’s dinosaurs.

User avatar
harakim
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2628
Location: Salt Lake Megalopolis

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by harakim »

SJR3t2 wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 8:55 am
harakim wrote: January 21st, 2023, 12:57 am
SJR3t2 wrote: January 20th, 2023, 12:38 pm
harakim wrote: January 20th, 2023, 1:42 am

I still think the Torah may be in place for Jews (all Israelites), although I am reconsidering after a discussion in another thread. However, it never applied to non-Israelites. I do think you can learn from following the Torah's laws, but I also think you can learn from most difficult or unusual lifestyles. This lifestyle was specifically designed as a contrast to Babylon so it will likely provide more avenues of growth for people than one taken at random (since most people live a Babylon-influenced lifestyle). If you feel like you should try it, then do, and also be sure you don't forget the weightier matters of the law. (There is no temple so I don't know if you could fulfill the sacrifices portion anyway which I have heard makes up the majority.)

I guess what I'm saying is for gentiles, the law is not required. You will get benefits because of the contrast, just like any other activity and you will get benefits from trying to do the right thing, just like anything you try, but I don't think it will offer any unique or spiritual benefits.
2 Nephi (LDS 29:7-9) (RLDS 12:55-63)
A 7 Know ye not that there are more NATIONS than one?
-B Know ye not that I, the Lord [YHWH] your God [ELOHIM], have CREATED ALL MEN,
--C and that I REMEMBER those who are upon the ISLES OF THE SEA;
---DA and that I RULE in the heavens above and in the earth beneath;
---DB and I BRING FORTH my WORD unto the children of men,
----E yea, even upon all the NATIONS of the earth?
-----F 8 Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall RECEIVE MORE of my WORD?
------G Know ye not that the TESTIMONY of TWO NATIONS is a WITNESS unto you that I am GOD [ELOHIM],
------G that I REMEMBER one NATION like unto ANOTHER?
-----F Wherefore, I SPEAK THE SAME WORDS UNTO ONE NATION LIKE UNTO ANOTHER.
----EA And when the two NATIONS shall run TOGETHER
----EB the testimony of the two NATIONS shall run TOGETHER also.
---DA 9 And I do this that I may PROVE unto many that I AM THE SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY, AND FOREVER;
---DB and that I SPEAK FORTH my WORDS according to mine own pleasure.
--C And because that I have spoken one word YE NEED NOT SUPPOSE THAT I CANNOT SPEAK ANOTHER;
-B for MY [YHWH ELOHIM] WORK is not yet finished;
A neither shall it be until the end of MAN, neither from that time henceforth and forever.

Leviticus 24:22 You will have one manner of law as well for the stranger as for the native for I AM Yahweh your Elohim.

Numbers 15:16 One law and one manner shall be for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you.
It is true that all nations are allowed to offer sacrifices are there are requirements on them while they are in the land of Israel. Yet we can see there were differences. For example, Levites had certain responsibilities that others did not.
Lehites were NOT in the land of Israel.
Somehow I've actually never thought about that. I haven't read the Book of Mormon through in many years. Maybe I ought to.

User avatar
Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2086

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by Shawn Henry »

Bronco73idi wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 8:23 pm
Shawn Henry wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 5:29 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 11:41 am You don’t think D&C 87 should be in D&C?

I would love perfection in all things but we are dealing with the likes of David, a law giver….
The 1876 additions are a mixed bag. Some are true revelations, and some are not. What they all have in common is JS in 1844 rejected all of them for inclusion in the 1844 edition.
So why did he reject 87, seems like a weak leader. 87 isn’t even complete so one could say it’s a false prophecy.

Personally I think Jospeh was more scare of men then he was of the one who created Job’s dinosaurs.
We don't know why, we can't know what his motives were. We simply know that he did reject it for canonization.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2094

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by Bronco73idi »

Shawn Henry wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 11:05 am
Bronco73idi wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 8:23 pm
Shawn Henry wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 5:29 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 11:41 am You don’t think D&C 87 should be in D&C?

I would love perfection in all things but we are dealing with the likes of David, a law giver….
The 1876 additions are a mixed bag. Some are true revelations, and some are not. What they all have in common is JS in 1844 rejected all of them for inclusion in the 1844 edition.
So why did he reject 87, seems like a weak leader. 87 isn’t even complete so one could say it’s a false prophecy.

Personally I think Jospeh was more scare of men then he was of the one who created Job’s dinosaurs.
We don't know why, we can't know what his motives were. We simply know that he did reject it for canonization.
You don’t think the lord could have saved him from being martyred?

Was Jospeh being martyred a form of a blood atonement? Ie any sin he possibly committed was forgiven through the shedding of his blood due to his conviction to the lord.

Why would Jospeh be reincarnated but not John the Baptist. Jospeh was nothing compared to him if we believe Luke 7:28.

User avatar
Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2086

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by Shawn Henry »

Bronco73idi wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 11:52 am
Shawn Henry wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 11:05 am
Bronco73idi wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 8:23 pm
Shawn Henry wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 5:29 pm
The 1876 additions are a mixed bag. Some are true revelations, and some are not. What they all have in common is JS in 1844 rejected all of them for inclusion in the 1844 edition.
So why did he reject 87, seems like a weak leader. 87 isn’t even complete so one could say it’s a false prophecy.

Personally I think Jospeh was more scare of men then he was of the one who created Job’s dinosaurs.
We don't know why, we can't know what his motives were. We simply know that he did reject it for canonization.
You don’t think the lord could have saved him from being martyred?

Was Jospeh being martyred a form of a blood atonement? Ie any sin he possibly committed was forgiven through the shedding of his blood due to his conviction to the lord.

Why would Jospeh be reincarnated but not John the Baptist. Jospeh was nothing compared to him if we believe Luke 7:28.
His sacrifice was the plan from the beginning. His sins were only because of his intercessory offering to the Lord. When Israel rejects God, the ramifications for that can come directly upon the people or a prophet can intercede on behalf of his people and take the brunt of the punishment. Joseph being an intercessor as was Moses was the reason for his sins and teaching of the Nauvoo false doctrines. He had the sins of his people put upon him, which necessitated his death so the people could live.

There is no reason John the Baptist couldn't be reincarnated. We just know so little about that from scripture.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2094

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by Bronco73idi »

Shawn Henry wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 1:05 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 11:52 am
Shawn Henry wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 11:05 am
Bronco73idi wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 8:23 pm

So why did he reject 87, seems like a weak leader. 87 isn’t even complete so one could say it’s a false prophecy.

Personally I think Jospeh was more scare of men then he was of the one who created Job’s dinosaurs.
We don't know why, we can't know what his motives were. We simply know that he did reject it for canonization.
You don’t think the lord could have saved him from being martyred?

Was Jospeh being martyred a form of a blood atonement? Ie any sin he possibly committed was forgiven through the shedding of his blood due to his conviction to the lord.

Why would Jospeh be reincarnated but not John the Baptist. Jospeh was nothing compared to him if we believe Luke 7:28.
His sacrifice was the plan from the beginning. His sins were only because of his intercessory offering to the Lord. When Israel rejects God, the ramifications for that can come directly upon the people or a prophet can intercede on behalf of his people and take the brunt of the punishment. Joseph being an intercessor as was Moses was the reason for his sins and teaching of the Nauvoo false doctrines. He had the sins of his people put upon him, which necessitated his death so the people could live.

There is no reason John the Baptist couldn't be reincarnated. We just know so little about that from scripture.
Blood atonement, nice.

User avatar
Luke
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9801
Location: England

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by Luke »

Shawn Henry wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 1:05 pm Joseph being an intercessor as was Moses was the reason for his sins and teaching of the Nauvoo false doctrines.
🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Wake up, brother…

The Nauvoo doctrines are clearly true.

User avatar
Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 11608
Location: England

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by Robin Hood »

Bronco73idi wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 11:52 am Jospeh was nothing compared to him (John the Baptist) if we believe Luke 7:28.
Not so.
That's not what the scripture means.

User avatar
SJR3t2
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1144
Contact:

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by SJR3t2 »

NationDeseret wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 1:04 pm
SJR3t2 wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 12:33 pm
NationDeseret wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 12:04 pm
SJR3t2 wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 11:57 am

You will not be laughing at judgement day. Torah and Jacob 2 teaches against polygamy.

Started talking about the 13th moon that happens about every 3 years along with the Lunar Cycle change and YHWH’s LuniSolar Calendar. The 10th day of the 1st moon can’t be on a weekly sabbath. Jews changed the genealogies to try to prove Yeshua is not the promised Messiah. Transition day, 30th of the moon, is a non-work and worship day. Scriptures say work 6 days, and then rest, but don’t say how many days that rest is, because it varies because of new moon days. Talked about inclusive time and the 3 days and 3 nights prophecy. Talked about the spring feasts and how they related to Yeshua’s first coming. The 8th day is a Hebrew tradition that points to the weekly Sabbath. The 10th day of the 1st moon points to Yeshua being slain before the foundation of the world. Give some deeper meanings of Jonah and the sea beast. Talk about “your name is like honey” from a song. Baptism is symbolic of immersing ourselves in YHWH’s revelations. Talked about Acts 10 a little and how people are talked of as animals in the scriptures. Leaven represents teachings. We are to remove the bread starter not all leaven for feast of unleavened bread. Partake of your mysteries sparingly. LDS / Brighamite church has changed LDS D&C 89 some that changes it’s meaning. Imagery I see in movies. Satan is the fallen star that will grant your desires if he believes he can use you for his evil purposes. We are to pray for the promises YHWH gives us in the scriptures. Looked into scriptures on the first born son. I believe Joseph is Yeshua’s physical father. Thou shalt not commit adultery to protect the family. If how you justify polygamy doesn’t also work for murder, it’s bad logic. David is a man after YHWH’s heart because he repented. The event of king David and Bathsheba points us to Yeshua and His death to save us. Ruth is an example that people knew polygamy was wrong. Songs of Solomon is porn. Talked about agency. YHWH is always giving us chances to go to Him. Bible translators at times put in their own theology. Talk about the complementary chiasmus I see in Jacob (LDS 2:23-35) (RLDS 2:31-47). YHWH’s seed are those who believe YHWH’s prophets. Satan’s church is his seed. Torah teaches against polygamy, the problem is a Hebrew idiom that gets translated incorrectly only regarding polygamy. YHWH’s commandments do not change, including regarding polygamy. 1 Nephi 3:7, commands are accomplished by doing them not having them removed or changed. We are justified and sanctified by the law / Torah. The occult / elites / Satanists have their wives give them women as the LDS / Brighamites have their first wife give them other women. Polygamy is adultery period.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuIVBxw ... n&index=43
Ya must not believe in the word of wisdom either because I ain’t know nuffin’ about whatcha smokin’ nigga.
D&C 89:2 not by commandment nor constraint
D&C 89:5 use wine for the sacrament
D&C 89:17 mild barley drink aka beer is good for men

D&C (LDS 89:2,5,17) (RLDS 86) (1835 80) (1844 81)
2 To be sent greeting; not by commandment or constraint, but by revelation and the word of wisdom, showing forth the order and will of God in the temporal salvation of all saints in the last days—
5 That inasmuch as any man drinketh wine or strong drink among you, behold it is not good, neither meet in the sight of your Father, only in assembling yourselves together to offer up your sacraments before him.
17 Nevertheless, wheat for man, and corn for the ox, and oats for the horse, and rye for the fowls and for swine, and for all beasts of the field, and barley for all useful animals, and for mild drinks, as also other grain.

1828 Webster’s Dictionary, CONSTRAINT:

CONSTRAINT, noun Irresistible force, or its effect; any force, or power, physical or moral, which compels to act or to forbear action, or which urges so strongly as to produce its effect upon the body or mind; compulsion; restraint; confinement.
Not by constraint but by my choice, I came.
Feed the flock of God, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint but willingly. 1 Peter 5:2.

1828 Webster’s Dictionary, MILD:

2. Not acrid, pungent, corrosive or drastic; operating gently; not acrimonious; demulcent; mollifying; lenitive; assuasive; as a mild LIQUOR; a mild cataplasm; a mild cathartic or emetic.

https://seekingyhwh.org/resources/word-of-wisdom/
I knew you ain’t believe in it nigga.
I believe the text not how the LDS / Brighamite church changed it.

User avatar
SJR3t2
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1144
Contact:

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by SJR3t2 »

Bronco73idi wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 11:52 am
Shawn Henry wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 11:05 am
Bronco73idi wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 8:23 pm
Shawn Henry wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 5:29 pm
The 1876 additions are a mixed bag. Some are true revelations, and some are not. What they all have in common is JS in 1844 rejected all of them for inclusion in the 1844 edition.
So why did he reject 87, seems like a weak leader. 87 isn’t even complete so one could say it’s a false prophecy.

Personally I think Jospeh was more scare of men then he was of the one who created Job’s dinosaurs.
We don't know why, we can't know what his motives were. We simply know that he did reject it for canonization.
You don’t think the lord could have saved him from being martyred?

Was Jospeh being martyred a form of a blood atonement? Ie any sin he possibly committed was forgiven through the shedding of his blood due to his conviction to the lord.

Why would Jospeh be reincarnated but not John the Baptist. Jospeh was nothing compared to him if we believe Luke 7:28.
Letter regarding reincarnation
[url]https://seekingyhwh.org/2016/06/01/lett ... carnation/[/ul]

User avatar
SJR3t2
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1144
Contact:

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by SJR3t2 »

Shawn Henry wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 1:05 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 11:52 am
Shawn Henry wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 11:05 am
Bronco73idi wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 8:23 pm

So why did he reject 87, seems like a weak leader. 87 isn’t even complete so one could say it’s a false prophecy.

Personally I think Jospeh was more scare of men then he was of the one who created Job’s dinosaurs.
We don't know why, we can't know what his motives were. We simply know that he did reject it for canonization.
You don’t think the lord could have saved him from being martyred?

Was Jospeh being martyred a form of a blood atonement? Ie any sin he possibly committed was forgiven through the shedding of his blood due to his conviction to the lord.

Why would Jospeh be reincarnated but not John the Baptist. Jospeh was nothing compared to him if we believe Luke 7:28.
His sacrifice was the plan from the beginning. His sins were only because of his intercessory offering to the Lord. When Israel rejects God, the ramifications for that can come directly upon the people or a prophet can intercede on behalf of his people and take the brunt of the punishment. Joseph being an intercessor as was Moses was the reason for his sins and teaching of the Nauvoo false doctrines. He had the sins of his people put upon him, which necessitated his death so the people could live.

There is no reason John the Baptist couldn't be reincarnated. We just know so little about that from scripture.
Letter regarding reincarnation
https://seekingyhwh.org/2016/06/01/lett ... carnation/

User avatar
Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2086

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by Shawn Henry »

Bronco73idi wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 1:45 pm Blood atonement, nice.
It's not blood atonement. Many prophets have been required to give their lives as their final testimony.

Read Leviticus 16, it's not about the Savior because two individuals are sacrificed.

User avatar
Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2086

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by Shawn Henry »

Luke wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 1:51 pm The Nauvoo doctrines are clearly true.
It's a far cry to say it's clear when they are all spoken against in scripture. You might want to refresh your understanding of the word clear.

User avatar
SJR3t2
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1144
Contact:

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by SJR3t2 »

NationDeseret wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 11:01 pm
SJR3t2 wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 9:58 pm
NationDeseret wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 1:04 pm
SJR3t2 wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 12:33 pm

D&C 89:2 not by commandment nor constraint
D&C 89:5 use wine for the sacrament
D&C 89:17 mild barley drink aka beer is good for men

D&C (LDS 89:2,5,17) (RLDS 86) (1835 80) (1844 81)
2 To be sent greeting; not by commandment or constraint, but by revelation and the word of wisdom, showing forth the order and will of God in the temporal salvation of all saints in the last days—
5 That inasmuch as any man drinketh wine or strong drink among you, behold it is not good, neither meet in the sight of your Father, only in assembling yourselves together to offer up your sacraments before him.
17 Nevertheless, wheat for man, and corn for the ox, and oats for the horse, and rye for the fowls and for swine, and for all beasts of the field, and barley for all useful animals, and for mild drinks, as also other grain.

1828 Webster’s Dictionary, CONSTRAINT:

CONSTRAINT, noun Irresistible force, or its effect; any force, or power, physical or moral, which compels to act or to forbear action, or which urges so strongly as to produce its effect upon the body or mind; compulsion; restraint; confinement.
Not by constraint but by my choice, I came.
Feed the flock of God, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint but willingly. 1 Peter 5:2.

1828 Webster’s Dictionary, MILD:

2. Not acrid, pungent, corrosive or drastic; operating gently; not acrimonious; demulcent; mollifying; lenitive; assuasive; as a mild LIQUOR; a mild cataplasm; a mild cathartic or emetic.

https://seekingyhwh.org/resources/word-of-wisdom/
I knew you ain’t believe in it nigga.
I believe the text not how the LDS / Brighamite church changed it.
Plz take yo pills schizo! 🤣
Your a perfect example of Dez, you only have mocking of the person when you disagree.

I was quite restless all night. Felt chilly. Took a little Brandy sling and a cup of coffee, and slept some before daylight and until 9 am… (Wilford Woodruff Journal, 9 Jun 1897).

User avatar
SJR3t2
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1144
Contact:

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by SJR3t2 »

Shawn Henry wrote: January 24th, 2023, 6:22 am
Bronco73idi wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 1:45 pm Blood atonement, nice.
It's not blood atonement. Many prophets have been required to give their lives as their final testimony.

Read Leviticus 16, it's not about the Savior because two individuals are sacrificed.
Personally I see both the two goats are representing two different aspects of Yeshua's atonement.

User avatar
Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2086

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by Shawn Henry »

SJR3t2 wrote: January 24th, 2023, 8:16 am
Shawn Henry wrote: January 24th, 2023, 6:22 am
Bronco73idi wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 1:45 pm Blood atonement, nice.
It's not blood atonement. Many prophets have been required to give their lives as their final testimony.

Read Leviticus 16, it's not about the Savior because two individuals are sacrificed.
Personally I see both the two goats are representing two different aspects of Yeshua's atonement.
How exactly? Lots were drawn between the two goats, meaning either one could have been sacrificed. One goat and one bull were sacrificed and the remaining goat, the scapegoat, was driven into the wilderness.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2094

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by Bronco73idi »

SJR3t2 wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 10:10 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 11:52 am
Shawn Henry wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 11:05 am
Bronco73idi wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 8:23 pm

So why did he reject 87, seems like a weak leader. 87 isn’t even complete so one could say it’s a false prophecy.

Personally I think Jospeh was more scare of men then he was of the one who created Job’s dinosaurs.
We don't know why, we can't know what his motives were. We simply know that he did reject it for canonization.
You don’t think the lord could have saved him from being martyred?

Was Jospeh being martyred a form of a blood atonement? Ie any sin he possibly committed was forgiven through the shedding of his blood due to his conviction to the lord.

Why would Jospeh be reincarnated but not John the Baptist. Jospeh was nothing compared to him if we believe Luke 7:28.
Letter regarding reincarnation
[url]https://seekingyhwh.org/2016/06/01/lett ... carnation/[/ul]
This is labeled reincarnation but it talks about resurrection. It’s 💯 right about resurrection and we can see that when one dies and is resurrected in 3 days it’s because he gave his life in a blood atonement. That is our lord and savior, a perfect example.

Are you saying Jospeh Smith will come back as a resurrected personage and command an army to destroy Missouri?

User avatar
SJR3t2
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1144
Contact:

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by SJR3t2 »

Shawn Henry wrote: January 24th, 2023, 9:25 am
SJR3t2 wrote: January 24th, 2023, 8:16 am
Shawn Henry wrote: January 24th, 2023, 6:22 am
Bronco73idi wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 1:45 pm Blood atonement, nice.
It's not blood atonement. Many prophets have been required to give their lives as their final testimony.

Read Leviticus 16, it's not about the Savior because two individuals are sacrificed.
Personally I see both the two goats are representing two different aspects of Yeshua's atonement.
How exactly? Lots were drawn between the two goats, meaning either one could have been sacrificed. One goat and one bull were sacrificed and the remaining goat, the scapegoat, was driven into the wilderness.
The goat was to go off a cliff representing going to hell ... The text even states that goat is for an atonement ...

User avatar
SJR3t2
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1144
Contact:

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by SJR3t2 »

Bronco73idi wrote: January 24th, 2023, 9:34 am
SJR3t2 wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 10:10 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 11:52 am
Shawn Henry wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 11:05 am
We don't know why, we can't know what his motives were. We simply know that he did reject it for canonization.
You don’t think the lord could have saved him from being martyred?

Was Jospeh being martyred a form of a blood atonement? Ie any sin he possibly committed was forgiven through the shedding of his blood due to his conviction to the lord.

Why would Jospeh be reincarnated but not John the Baptist. Jospeh was nothing compared to him if we believe Luke 7:28.
Letter regarding reincarnation
[url]https://seekingyhwh.org/2016/06/01/lett ... carnation/[/ul]
This is labeled reincarnation but it talks about resurrection. It’s 💯 right about resurrection and we can see that when one dies and is resurrected in 3 days it’s because he gave his life in a blood atonement. That is our lord and savior, a perfect example.

Are you saying Jospeh Smith will come back as a resurrected personage and command an army to destroy Missouri?
Many teach JS was born aka reincarnated again, and your words look exactly like that.

Yeshua resurrected in 3 days and 3 nights, the majority of humanity are not resurrected in such a time frame, but all, the good and the evil, will be resurrected either to life or to damnation.

Post Reply