The Sherri Dew talk Prophets can see around corners

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Re: The Sherri Dew talk Prophets can see around corners

Post by MikeMaillet »

anonymous91 wrote: January 21st, 2023, 6:47 pm
Light Seeker wrote: January 21st, 2023, 5:36 pm The church always does pilot programs before they roll out changes. Here is a letter we as parents of a missionary serving in the Toronto Mission received November 29, 2017.

Dear Canada Toronto Mission Parents and Missionaries,

We are excited to be one of the initial missions in Canada to roll out smartphones to our missionaries. There are two primary objectives with this initiative… First, we want to enable our young missionaries to become wise stewards for how they use and apply technology for the rest of their lives, and second, this tool will allow us to share the good news of the gospel and more broadly and effectively than ever before.

Our missionaries have been preparing by studying Safeguards for Using Technology and have also received online instruction on how they are to use the devices. We are focused on helping the missionaries remember their purpose of inviting and helping all come unto Christ and we have high expectations for how they will use and take care of this important resource.

As these devices will be owned by the missionaries, the family of missionaries, in non-exempt countries, is responsible to purchase a device for use in-field. The mission will cover the expense of the service charges and data plan. We recognize you are already making great sacrifices to support your missionary and we pray that this will not be an extra burden to your family. If financial assistance is needed, we ask you to work with your bishop or branch president.

The instructions we have received from the Church to purchase a device are as follows: Please strictly follow these guidelines.

Approved Smartphones

The Samsung Galaxy J, A, S, and Note series are the only smartphones approved for young missionaries. The smartphones must meet the following requirements:

· Runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system or higher (this can be verified in the product description or in the About Device section of the smartphone’s settings)

· Is unlocked to work with any GSM carrier (you cannot purchase a phone from AT&T, Verizon, TMobile unless it is specified as unlocked)

· Has at least 16GB internal storage

· If the missionary already owns an unlocked Samsung phone as described above, it can be used instead of a new purchase.

· The missionaries are not authorized to use any smartphone that does not meet the requirements listed above. Do not purchase a tablet.

Highly Recommended Accessories/Services

· *Protective case

· *Screen protector

· *MicroSD memory card (32GB or higher)

· Warranty Service (for loss, theft, or breakage)

*can be purchased in-field if desired

There are two options to consider for ordering your missionaries’ smartphone… You can order from www.insight.com/missionarysmartphone (choose Canada link to avoid customs and duty) at a negotiated price (2 phone options available with all the recommended accessories/services available. For cost, warranty, and convenience, we recommend that you purchase through insight.com. You can also purchase from other local or online stores. New phone prices generally begin at approximately $220 CAD dollars.

You may want to communicate and counsel with your missionary on their preparation day regarding your budget and how you want to proceed. For missionaries returning home in the next few transfer (January through March), you can decide if this is something you would like to do. If not, the mission will provide loaner phones for a few weeks. For financial assistance, work with your bishop or branch president.

Additional Details

The mission will take care of the cost of the service and data plan. Each area will have one active SIM card that will serve as the primary phone number. Missionaries will share the data plan by enabling the hotspot option on the active phone.

The Church has created proselyting resources that will enable the missionaries to become more effective and efficient in their efforts, including applications for: area book and planner, GPS services, proselyting tools, video and multi-media content, language, communication as well as the publicly available Church resources (Gospel Library, LDS Tools and other applications). The programs have been well tested and have been in use in iPad missions for a number of years. Facebook and other social media tools will be made available to them, but strictly for missionary oriented activities.

The missionary is 100% responsible for the care and protection of their mobile device. If they lose or break their phone, the mission will not have any responsibility to replace it for them.

If the missionary abuses or misuses their phone, the mission president has the discretion to suspend use of the phone until they are able to demonstrate the ability to use it wisely and effectively.

The missionary will own the device, except loaners, and will take it home with them as they return from their mission.

Timeline and Next Steps

We would like to do a mission wide launch of the new smartphones January 4, 2018. To help us achieve this goal, we would ask that you purchase and send your missionary’s smartphone directly to the mission office no later than Wednesday, December 31st, 2017. Phones should be shipped to Missionary Name: 1624 Wanless Drive, Brampton, ON L7A 0A7. Please specify signature delivery and no delivery for Saturday or Sunday. We will store the phone until the missionary receives it and we will notify you when it has arrived.

We are excited to use these wonderful technologies to further the Lord’s work. We know your missionary will develop patterns and habits with these important tools that will bless them for the rest of their lives. If you have any questions, please let me know and we will respond to you as quickly as possible. Thanks for your wonderful support, sacrifice, and willingness to let us care for, love, and serve your amazing sons and daughters.

President Shields

Jeffrey L. Shields

President, Canada Toronto Mission

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

[email protected]
So let me get this straight.

The missionary and his family are 100% responsible for purchasing this phone and paying for all expenses related to the phone. In other words, the missionary legally owns that phone and ought to be able to use it as the missionary feels appropriate.

Instead, the church has you send in your phone so that they can install their "babysitting" regulations onto the phone. Who knows the capabilities of all of the changes the church is making to the phone? Potentially data mining, tracking, keyloggers, and so forth.

Additionally, the church can inspect the phone for potential misuse anytime, and will regularly inspect all missionaries' phones to look for any potential tampering or misuse. Then at the Mission President's sole discretion, he can choose to take your phone and put you in a "time out" until he thinks you're an obedient sheeple that has returned to the flock.

I'm surprised no one has tried to legally challenge this. Of course, knowing the Church they probably have you sign some iron-clad legal documents to cover them from this possibility, among others.

Talk about an abuse of power though. SMH
My blood pressure was climbing as I was reading the letter, especially considering the massive wealth of the church. This is the type of behaviour I expect from abusive companies and their cheap SOB leaders. If the church was concerned about the burden placed on missionary families they would have cracked open the multibillion dollar slush fund and taken care of the matter. Instead, they want families to cover the cost of their experiment and in typical lawyer BS the church absolves themselves of all responsibility should a missionary abuse the phone in a way that might embarass the church.

I can't stand modern phones and I am not a fan of lawyers. I would have told the Mission President where to shove his phone.

Mike

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

MikeMaillet wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 5:53 am My blood pressure was climbing as I was reading the letter, especially considering the massive wealth of the church. This is the type of behaviour I expect from abusive companies and their cheap SOB leaders. If the church was concerned about the burden placed on missionary families they would have cracked open the multibillion dollar slush fund and taken care of the matter. Instead, they want families to cover the cost of their experiment and in typical lawyer BS the church absolves themselves of all responsibility should a missionary abuse the phone in a way that might embarass the church.

I can't stand modern phones and I am not a fan of lawyers. I would have told the Mission President where to shove his phone.

Mike
Look at how twisted the church philosophy on money is. They use the principles sacrifice, that blessings always come as we sacrifice to bless God’s children, yet they request an improper donation of the poor. Unfortunately, the members have been so conditioned over a lifetime that these men “can never lead them astray”, that they’ll do anything. And they attached these financial obligations to salvation and exaltation. It’s just messy all around until you decide to step back and define the gospel for yourself. But you’re most certainly gonna take some flack from the religion hierarchy.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

MikeMaillet wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 5:53 am
I can't stand modern phones
They have done more harm than good. Isn't it crazy to reflect on the reality that God's work will destroy what we understand society to be? I could be wrong, but I don't think smart phones will be present among the people who are alive after the destruction the Second Coming brings, who are around to play a role in living in and assisting the Lord in building his kingdom on earth for Christ's Millennial Reign.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

One thing about Sheri is that she’s always beating the “follow the prophet” mantra. And she does it in the most condescending way. She literally calls you “stupid” if you don’t follow them. Not joking. It’s in the last paragraph of this “around the corner” talk. Members so want to hold to this idea that someone in this world is unshakable, that the Lord would never, never allow them to lead them astray. What false gods we have made.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Light Seeker wrote: January 21st, 2023, 5:36 pm The church always does pilot programs before they roll out changes. Here is a letter we as parents of a missionary serving in the Toronto Mission received November 29, 2017.

Dear Canada Toronto Mission Parents and Missionaries,

We are excited to be one of the initial missions in Canada to roll out smartphones to our missionaries. There are two primary objectives with this initiative… First, we want to enable our young missionaries to become wise stewards for how they use and apply technology for the rest of their lives, and second, this tool will allow us to share the good news of the gospel and more broadly and effectively than ever before.

Our missionaries have been preparing by studying Safeguards for Using Technology and have also received online instruction on how they are to use the devices. We are focused on helping the missionaries remember their purpose of inviting and helping all come unto Christ and we have high expectations for how they will use and take care of this important resource.

As these devices will be owned by the missionaries, the family of missionaries, in non-exempt countries, is responsible to purchase a device for use in-field. The mission will cover the expense of the service charges and data plan. We recognize you are already making great sacrifices to support your missionary and we pray that this will not be an extra burden to your family. If financial assistance is needed, we ask you to work with your bishop or branch president.

The instructions we have received from the Church to purchase a device are as follows: Please strictly follow these guidelines.

Approved Smartphones

The Samsung Galaxy J, A, S, and Note series are the only smartphones approved for young missionaries. The smartphones must meet the following requirements:

· Runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system or higher (this can be verified in the product description or in the About Device section of the smartphone’s settings)

· Is unlocked to work with any GSM carrier (you cannot purchase a phone from AT&T, Verizon, TMobile unless it is specified as unlocked)

· Has at least 16GB internal storage

· If the missionary already owns an unlocked Samsung phone as described above, it can be used instead of a new purchase.

· The missionaries are not authorized to use any smartphone that does not meet the requirements listed above. Do not purchase a tablet.

Highly Recommended Accessories/Services

· *Protective case

· *Screen protector

· *MicroSD memory card (32GB or higher)

· Warranty Service (for loss, theft, or breakage)

*can be purchased in-field if desired

There are two options to consider for ordering your missionaries’ smartphone… You can order from www.insight.com/missionarysmartphone (choose Canada link to avoid customs and duty) at a negotiated price (2 phone options available with all the recommended accessories/services available. For cost, warranty, and convenience, we recommend that you purchase through insight.com. You can also purchase from other local or online stores. New phone prices generally begin at approximately $220 CAD dollars.

You may want to communicate and counsel with your missionary on their preparation day regarding your budget and how you want to proceed. For missionaries returning home in the next few transfer (January through March), you can decide if this is something you would like to do. If not, the mission will provide loaner phones for a few weeks. For financial assistance, work with your bishop or branch president.

Additional Details

The mission will take care of the cost of the service and data plan. Each area will have one active SIM card that will serve as the primary phone number. Missionaries will share the data plan by enabling the hotspot option on the active phone.

The Church has created proselyting resources that will enable the missionaries to become more effective and efficient in their efforts, including applications for: area book and planner, GPS services, proselyting tools, video and multi-media content, language, communication as well as the publicly available Church resources (Gospel Library, LDS Tools and other applications). The programs have been well tested and have been in use in iPad missions for a number of years. Facebook and other social media tools will be made available to them, but strictly for missionary oriented activities.

The missionary is 100% responsible for the care and protection of their mobile device. If they lose or break their phone, the mission will not have any responsibility to replace it for them.

If the missionary abuses or misuses their phone, the mission president has the discretion to suspend use of the phone until they are able to demonstrate the ability to use it wisely and effectively.

The missionary will own the device, except loaners, and will take it home with them as they return from their mission.

Timeline and Next Steps

We would like to do a mission wide launch of the new smartphones January 4, 2018. To help us achieve this goal, we would ask that you purchase and send your missionary’s smartphone directly to the mission office no later than Wednesday, December 31st, 2017. Phones should be shipped to Missionary Name: 1624 Wanless Drive, Brampton, ON L7A 0A7. Please specify signature delivery and no delivery for Saturday or Sunday. We will store the phone until the missionary receives it and we will notify you when it has arrived.

We are excited to use these wonderful technologies to further the Lord’s work. We know your missionary will develop patterns and habits with these important tools that will bless them for the rest of their lives. If you have any questions, please let me know and we will respond to you as quickly as possible. Thanks for your wonderful support, sacrifice, and willingness to let us care for, love, and serve your amazing sons and daughters.

President Shields

Jeffrey L. Shields

President, Canada Toronto Mission

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

[email protected]
The missionaries in our area in Salt Lake, UT were told a few years previous to this that they were going to be the very first to pilot the program and to my knowledge, they were. Seems it was a slow roll-out.

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

BuriedTartaria wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 6:44 am
MikeMaillet wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 5:53 am
I can't stand modern phones
They have done more harm than good. Isn't it crazy to reflect on the reality that God's work will destroy what we understand society to be? I could be wrong, but I don't think smart phones will be present among the people who are alive after the destruction the Second Coming brings, who are around to play a role in living in and assisting the Lord in building his kingdom on earth for Christ's Millennial Reign.
To be completely honest, the more technology advances, it seems the closer we get to being "in the world", and the further we get to being "out of the world". People are able to connect easier with whomever they want to, yet people seem to be lonelier and more disconnected than ever.

I recall in my youth, it was not uncommon to have neighbors stop by (or vice versa) and have a nice long chat. Nowadays, it seems that many of my neighbors barely tolerate the polite hello, and how are you? While they go scurrying into their residence. SMH

These technological advances make our lives easier in many ways. Like most things, I think it comes down to using technology in an appropriate way. Also, to make sure that we are doing our best to maintain a proper balance when using it.

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

Lizzy60 wrote: January 21st, 2023, 5:02 pm
Ferrisbueller wrote: January 21st, 2023, 4:33 pm I knew bioterrorism was going to happen at the end of 2018 in private meetings with the FBI joining our producer meetings at the Bellagio in Vegas. They hinted to things to watch out for and when Covid hit we knew exactly what they were talking about. If a nobody like me knew that in 2018 the first presidency for sure knew with all the LDS in powerful places in big corps to political leaders. They for sure knew. I believe that beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Heck, we have a 70 in the upper ranks of the virus/vaccine division at Pfizer. Of course they knew.

https://grandmapalspocket.blogspot.com/ ... -good.html
There is not a whit of truth in that article. It is infuriating to read.

” There are lessons that we needed to learn. There are things that we’ll benefit from and progress from, and at the same, time, knowing that it would come, I believe that the Lord has provided a way out of it as well and that we will see that happen beginning at the end of the year."

Yes the leadership has many lessons they need to learn.
The "way out" provided by the Lord is non compliance and learning what really makes us ill.
It's happening little by little.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

anonymous91 wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 8:04 pm People are able to connect easier with whomever they want to, yet people seem to be lonelier and more disconnected than ever.

I recall in my youth, it was not uncommon to have neighbors stop by (or vice versa) and have a nice long chat. Nowadays, it seems that many of my neighbors barely tolerate the polite hello, and how are you? While they go scurrying into their residence. SMH
This is something I reflect on daily (I think about societal decline all the time, I think it's real and I think we may be facing a kind of collapse in the next 5-20ish years). I found out people have been noticing what you describe for a while; a decrease in meaningful connections. A book was written about this in the 90s (and certainly the problem has become much worse since then). The book was called "Bowling alone" and it calls the phenomenon on we notice as a decline in 'societal capital'.

I'm not on any social media (outside of a few message boards). I don't fault anyone for being on instagram or facebook. For many people it is a necessity. Like you said, some technology seems to have a way of pulling us in deeper to the Babylonian system and how social media became essential for people to have is an example of that.

I used to be on Facebook and I realized that I had a problem making meaningful, lasting connections with people. When I worked at certain places, I'd form pretty decent friendships, but these connections rarely existed beyond my time working alongside people. I can't get connections to stick and I realized that facebook didn't help me. It didn't strengthen any of my connections with people (but on the other hand, it's helped someone I know grow closer to their siblings).

I've just seen what you're describing; we visit with our neighbors less and by extension, we don't call up or stop by and stay in touch with an old acquaintance from work, or school, etc.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

The Red Pill wrote: January 21st, 2023, 4:51 pm
Rumpelstiltskin wrote: January 21st, 2023, 4:20 pm
Ferrisbueller wrote: January 21st, 2023, 4:05 pm I am not saying they don’t receive revelation.
Ok. If you won't, I will. They do not get revelation. After the COVID jab "godsend" farce, there is no way any of the First Presidency or the Twelve can claim to be "prophets, seers, and revelators." At least not with credibility. That monumental of a screw up claiming that God wanted the killer jab for all proves that not one of them has inspiration let alone revelation. The doubling down on it at every turn provides additional proof of this.
To my knowledge, there has not been even ONE single defection from the red-chair club on the "urged" Clot-shot. That's hundreds of people...not a peep.

The Catholics in contrast have had many high level defections from the marxist pope. Vigano, Meeks and many others have very visibly gone public AGAINST the deadly-jab.

This will not end well for the corporate church. The world is quickly figuring out...they have been lied to and the clot-shot is killing and injuring people on a massive scale. 2023 is the year a critical mass will wake up and the dam of lies will collapse.

The Church CAN'T fall back on "we were just following the government"...oh no...for they called it a miracle, an answer to prayer, a Godsend...they urged it on the entire membership.

When the masses figure out that millions are being killed and injured...and if they took the shot...their own body is a ticking time bomb...the public reaction will be rage.

The Church is in double jeopardy...BECAUSE...they told you they can see around corners, they will not lead you astray, you can trust Q15 emphatically.

The fallout will be severe and swift. Expect a mass exodus the likes the church has never seen.
I think they thought they were really safe to say that it was a godsend because they really thought it was going to work. They obviously have a strong belief in “immunizations” and they thought this would eradicate Covid just like smallpox, polio, measles and chicken pox have been eradicated or greatly reduced. They thought they had little risk in saying it came from God. Maybe next time they will think twice before using the Lord’s name in vain. But then again maybe not. They could have just stayed out of it. Not taken a side either way. But I suppose they were probably asked to support it by government or whoever is in charge these days. To get more people to get jabbed. Yeah, they didn’t have much foresight. Or even logical scientific thinking. Any true scientist or person in the medical field should have known that the trials were not long enough to determine if they were safe or not. But I guess they deferred to the “medical experts”, the CDC and whoever and probably figured it was a low risk for them to support it. And hey, since we are men of God and we speak for Jesus, and our people are hanging on every word we say, let’s just go ahead and say that it was sanctioned by God and it was a miracle that we got it so fast.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Oh yeah, and I wonder if Pres. and Sister Nelson have had bad effects from the jab. Of course they could have bad effects just from aging. So who knows? But Sister Nelson mentioned that they were physically/spiritually attacked in the time leading up to Oct. 2022 Gen. Conference.

https://youtu.be/JukrEblEu2Y

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Wolfwoman wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 10:17 am Oh yeah, and I wonder if Pres. and Sister Nelson have had bad effects from the jab. Of course they could have bad effects just from aging. So who knows? But Sister Nelson mentioned that they were physically/spiritually attacked in the time leading up to Oct. 2022 Gen. Conference.

They got the saline shots like the rest of the elites who don't want to die.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 10:19 am
Wolfwoman wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 10:17 am Oh yeah, and I wonder if Pres. and Sister Nelson have had bad effects from the jab. Of course they could have bad effects just from aging. So who knows? But Sister Nelson mentioned that they were physically/spiritually attacked in the time leading up to Oct. 2022 Gen. Conference.

It’s possible. Who really knows? None of us.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

I have learned that I can’t believe anything that Miss Wendy says.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Interesting what she said. Part of me is inclined to be right on board with her, but there's such a disconnect over all the vaccine stuff. And then there are all the decidedly sleepy-minded people at church who can see no evil.

We saw a sacrament meeting over Zoom yesterday from an affluent area that we used to live in. I'll tell ya... We Mormons are honed actors, delivering our parts with perfect understanding of what is expected. We should all get Emmies for our roles in church meetings. It's this consistency that allows ChatGTP to perfectly synthesize our proceedings. We'd like to imagine that all this is a reflection of the Savior's personality, but I know he is way more dynamic and immediate than us. We do "humility" with a stilted faux uncertainty. We are the whited sepulcher society of lettered patricians.

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

Wolfwoman wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 10:37 am

Of course they know- -
they can't see around corners but they
Know a profit when they see one
They had super duper insider trading super powers
Which is why they invested big time $$$$ ( tithing funds) in "vax"stocks, long before they proclaimed safe and effective !
I'd bet they got in on ground floor- with development of the bio weapon "virus" Decades ago

thaabit
captain of 100

Post by thaabit »

Wolfwoman wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 10:14 am Any true scientist or person in the medical field should have known that the trials were not long enough to determine if they were safe or not.
I think you mean any person with a brain or shred of discernment.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

TwochurchesOnly wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 11:05 am
Wolfwoman wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 10:37 am

Of course they know- -
they can't see around corners but they
Know a profit when they see one
They had super duper insider trading super powers
Which is why they invested big time $$$$ ( tithing funds) in "vax"stocks, long before they proclaimed safe and effective !
I'd bet they got in on ground floor- with development of the bio weapon "virus" Decades ago
But how do you know if they got a saline shot or not? You don’t, unless you are the nurse who administered the shots.

It possible they got the saline for the camera only as that seemed to become the sop after nurse Tiffany Dover fainted and maybe died from her shot on camera. But it seems they really believed in it, so I bet they took the real thing too. They were probably afraid that Covid was going to kill them all since they are over 80 years old. And they thought the shot would help.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

Ferrisbueller wrote: January 21st, 2023, 4:05 pm I am not saying they don’t receive revelation.
Ok. If you won't, I will. They do not get revelation. After the COVID jab "godsend" farce, there is no way any of the First Presidency or the Twelve can claim to be "prophets, seers, and revelators." At least not with credibility. That monumental of a screw up claiming that God wanted the killer jab for all proves that not one of them has inspiration let alone revelation. The doubling down on it at every turn provides additional proof of this.
I believe with all of my heart that the vax was a test of sorts. How many prayed and fasted, reaching out to the Lord for guidance? How many listened to the guidance from the Holy Ghost? How many took an easy approach and simply listened to the church?

I am not judging anyone as I do not know what actions they have taken and what they may have been prompted to do... I am only stating that once my husband and I prayed, we knew with complete certainty that we were not to get the vax. There was no doubts, no gray area.

As to the opening topic of seeing around corners... Is it wrong that my mind went to the "Corner Shot"?
https://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/ ... ot-review/

gradles21
captain of 1,000

Post by gradles21 »

The Red Pill wrote: January 21st, 2023, 4:51 pm
To my knowledge, there has not been even ONE single defection from the red-chair club on the "urged" Clot-shot. That's hundreds of people...not a peep.

The Catholics in contrast have had many high level defections from the marxist pope. Vigano, Meeks and many others have very visibly gone public AGAINST the deadly-jab.

This will not end well for the corporate church. The world is quickly figuring out...they have been lied to and the clot-shot is killing and injuring people on a massive scale. 2023 is the year a critical mass will wake up and the dam of lies will collapse.

The Church CAN'T fall back on "we were just following the government"...oh no...for they called it a miracle, an answer to prayer, a Godsend...they urged it on the entire membership.

When the masses figure out that millions are being killed and injured...and if they took the shot...their own body is a ticking time bomb...the public reaction will be rage.

The Church is in double jeopardy...BECAUSE...they told you they can see around corners, they will not lead you astray, you can trust Q15 emphatically.

The fallout will be severe and swift. Expect a mass exodus the likes the church has never seen.
I don't expect to see a mass exodus, but I do expect to see a huge decrease in enthusiasm from us members.