Prime Minister of New Zealand Suddenly Resigns

Discuss political news items / current events.
Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Prime Minister of New Zealand Suddenly Resigns

Post by Lizzy60 »

Ed Dowd on the possible reason for her resignation. One minute.

https://gettr.com/post/p25m2886d13

Severus
captain of 100

Post by Severus »

EmmaLee wrote: January 18th, 2023, 6:10 pm Interesting news.

Just for fun, here's what RMNelson said about her after their most recent meeting in 2019 -

“The world will discover a real leader here,” Nelson said in a news release. “It’s an unlikely scenario; a young mother leading a great nation, a peacemaker, a policymaker, consensus giver. We’re very impressed with her. She’ll have a great future.”

He gave the 38-year-old premier — seen as a rising star on the world stage — a leather-bound copy of the Book of Mormon, the faith’s foundational scripture, with her name embossed on the cover.

“We felt like family really with her,” Nelson said.

So I wonder - with this news, 3 1/2 years after he said these things about her (him?), is she (he, whatever) still a "real leader"? Will she still have a "great future"? And is she still a "rising star on the world stage"? Stay tuned...
[/quo

Once upon a time someone's morals were part of their reputation. Looks like no more. I remember Pres Nelson saying what you quoted up there, and I felt keen disappointment and found it unbelievable how he praised her. She left the church, became politically active against moral causes (gay marraige, etc ), lived with a guy and got pregnant out of wedlock, and then takes on a highly demanding, masculine career like PM ( no wonder she is burned out) as a single mom of a young child!

OK, so everyone can say I am just an old fashioned fuddy duddy and not up with the times like Pres Nelson is, but I can't imagine a worse candidate for a " a real leader...a peacemaker, a policymaker, consensus giver" with whom I would feel "like family really with her". Ok. so now she says she wants marraige, but when has she ever promoted family values personally or publicly?

At his first news conference after becoming President of the Church, Pres. Nelson and Elder Eyring rebuffed a female news columnist who demanded to know if he planned on giving greater roles to women in the church, with them retorting something like "the hand that rocked the cradle ruled the world, and a woman's greatest influence was in the home. I was relieved to hear this, but he has no way been consistent with this stance since then.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Lizzy60 wrote: January 19th, 2023, 12:51 pm Ed Dowd on the possible reason for her resignation. One minute.

https://gettr.com/post/p25m2886d13
It's called passing the buck. I don't doubt she will be kicked upstairs to the UN or some globalist outfit. I'm sure she can be turned into a spokesperson for "wimmin", and sent to Third World Countries to patronise females there.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Severus wrote: January 19th, 2023, 12:56 pm “The world will discover a real leader here,” Nelson said in a news release. “It’s an unlikely scenario; a young mother leading a great nation, a peacemaker, a policymaker, consensus giver. We’re very impressed with her. She’ll have a great future.”
Let's hope that the world doesn't discover her as a real leader. She made enough of a mess of New Zealand.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Niemand wrote: January 19th, 2023, 1:56 pm
Severus wrote: January 19th, 2023, 12:56 pm “The world will discover a real leader here,” Nelson said in a news release. “It’s an unlikely scenario; a young mother leading a great nation, a peacemaker, a policymaker, consensus giver. We’re very impressed with her. She’ll have a great future.”
Let's hope that the world doesn't discover her as a real leader. She made enough of a mess of New Zealand.
She carried their water.

Not hers.

They have thousands of people like her waiting for their chance.

They pick political leaders like they do actors.

Output of nepotism and obscurity.

Both controlled by circumstances.

Sir H

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

HVDC wrote: January 19th, 2023, 4:53 pm
Niemand wrote: January 19th, 2023, 1:56 pm
She carried their water.

Not hers.

They have thousands of people like her waiting for their chance.

They pick political leaders like they do actors.

Output of nepotism and obscurity.

Both controlled by circumstances.

Sir H
It's like the story of Hercules and the Hydra. You cut off one head and another two take its place.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

“Selling your soul is not without consequences.”

https://twitter.com/thevivafrei/status/ ... 6NQuDR7CpQ

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

One of the worst leaders of the 21st century... so far...

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

This is the person RMNelson praised and gushed over in 2019 (see the quotes I posted earlier in this thread). He couldn't say enough wonderful things about her. But, same with the Marxist, anti-Christ Pope, and the leaders of the racist, pro-abortion, Marxist NAACP, and a host of other enemies of God, so, no surprise.

https://thefederalist.com/2023/01/19/no ... 2023-01-20

Now That Her Covid Excuses For Tyrannizing New Zealanders Are Gone, PM Jacinda Ardern Resigns In Disgrace
BY: SHAWN FLEETWOOD
JANUARY 19, 2023

Rather than face voters at the ballot box later this year, New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern — who made an international name for herself as an insufferable tyrant after her disastrous Covid response — announced on Thursday plans to resign by next month.

“Today I’m announcing that I will not be seeking reelection and that my term as prime minister will conclude no later than the seventh of February,” Ardern said. “I know what this job takes, and I know that I no longer have enough in the tank to do it justice. It’s that simple.”

Ardern, who is a member of the left-wing Labour Party, was first elected to the position back in 2017 at the age of 37, making her one of the youngest leaders among developed nations. A “caucus vote for a new party leader and prime minister” is currently slated to take place on Sunday, according to Rebel News.

The announcement comes ahead of New Zealand’s upcoming October elections, for which recent polling has shown the Labour Party trailing its right-wing counterpart by several points. If the election results accurately reflect the polling, it would mean New Zealand’s more conservative parties could form a coalition government.

While long overdue, Ardern’s resignation is a major win for freedom-loving New Zealanders. Since the outbreak of Covid, Ardern, like most Western leaders, has used the virus as justification to crack down on basic civil liberties and medically segregate society.

At the pandemic’s outset in the spring of 2020, Ardern’s government issued a nationwide stay-at-home order for citizens that severely restricted “non-essential travel” and business operations. Within a matter of days, the lockdowns escalated as more Covid cases were reported, leading Ardern to move the country to “Alert Level 4,” the harshest of all lockdown policies where “all New Zealanders were instructed to stay at home and to have physical contact only with those in their ‘bubble.'”

The first week of the shutdowns was later found to be illegal by the country’s High Court.

But Ardern’s overreaching mandates didn’t stop there. Upon the rollout of the Covid shots, the now-outgoing prime minister attempted to blackmail citizens into getting the jabs by threatening to withhold their freedoms if they didn’t comply. In October 2021, the federal government announced that the country would move towards reopening once 90 percent of the population was fully vaccinated, with Ardern telling New Zealanders they wouldn’t be able to live normal lives unless they got the experimental shots.

“If you want summer, if you want to go to bars and restaurants get vaccinated, if you want to get a haircut — get vaccinated,” she said. “If you are not vaccinated there will be everyday things you will miss out on.”

Ardern admitted in an interview with the New Zealand Herald the same week that the purpose of the policy was to create a two-tiered society, where the jabbed are granted certain privileges and the unvaccinated are not.

“So, you’ve basically said, you probably don’t see it like this, but two different classes of people — if you’re vaccinated or unvaccinated. You have all these rights if you are vaccinated,” the outlet asked Ardern, who replied, “That is what it is, yep.”

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

EmmaLee wrote: January 20th, 2023, 10:19 am This is the person RMNelson praised and gushed over in 2019 (see the quotes I posted earlier in this thread). He couldn't say enough wonderful things about her. But, same with the Marxist, anti-Christ Pope, and the leaders of the racist, pro-abortion, Marxist NAACP, and a host of other enemies of God, so, no surprise.

https://thefederalist.com/2023/01/19/no ... 2023-01-20

Now That Her Covid Excuses For Tyrannizing New Zealanders Are Gone, PM Jacinda Ardern Resigns In Disgrace
BY: SHAWN FLEETWOOD
JANUARY 19, 2023

Rather than face voters at the ballot box later this year, New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern — who made an international name for herself as an insufferable tyrant after her disastrous Covid response — announced on Thursday plans to resign by next month.

“Today I’m announcing that I will not be seeking reelection and that my term as prime minister will conclude no later than the seventh of February,” Ardern said. “I know what this job takes, and I know that I no longer have enough in the tank to do it justice. It’s that simple.”

Ardern, who is a member of the left-wing Labour Party, was first elected to the position back in 2017 at the age of 37, making her one of the youngest leaders among developed nations. A “caucus vote for a new party leader and prime minister” is currently slated to take place on Sunday, according to Rebel News.

The announcement comes ahead of New Zealand’s upcoming October elections, for which recent polling has shown the Labour Party trailing its right-wing counterpart by several points. If the election results accurately reflect the polling, it would mean New Zealand’s more conservative parties could form a coalition government.

While long overdue, Ardern’s resignation is a major win for freedom-loving New Zealanders. Since the outbreak of Covid, Ardern, like most Western leaders, has used the virus as justification to crack down on basic civil liberties and medically segregate society.

At the pandemic’s outset in the spring of 2020, Ardern’s government issued a nationwide stay-at-home order for citizens that severely restricted “non-essential travel” and business operations. Within a matter of days, the lockdowns escalated as more Covid cases were reported, leading Ardern to move the country to “Alert Level 4,” the harshest of all lockdown policies where “all New Zealanders were instructed to stay at home and to have physical contact only with those in their ‘bubble.'”

The first week of the shutdowns was later found to be illegal by the country’s High Court.

But Ardern’s overreaching mandates didn’t stop there. Upon the rollout of the Covid shots, the now-outgoing prime minister attempted to blackmail citizens into getting the jabs by threatening to withhold their freedoms if they didn’t comply. In October 2021, the federal government announced that the country would move towards reopening once 90 percent of the population was fully vaccinated, with Ardern telling New Zealanders they wouldn’t be able to live normal lives unless they got the experimental shots.

“If you want summer, if you want to go to bars and restaurants get vaccinated, if you want to get a haircut — get vaccinated,” she said. “If you are not vaccinated there will be everyday things you will miss out on.”

Ardern admitted in an interview with the New Zealand Herald the same week that the purpose of the policy was to create a two-tiered society, where the jabbed are granted certain privileges and the unvaccinated are not.

“So, you’ve basically said, you probably don’t see it like this, but two different classes of people — if you’re vaccinated or unvaccinated. You have all these rights if you are vaccinated,” the outlet asked Ardern, who replied, “That is what it is, yep.”
I would like to point out that article does have some inaccuracies including Americanised terminology. NZ doesn't have a federal government (unlike Australia, Canada and the USA.) They also don't tend to have caucuses in the US style and it is implied the PM is directly elected when in fact s/he is the leader of the party with the majority of support from the house. (NZ has a unicameral parliament unlike most countries.)

Also her main strategy in 2020 was closing the country off so for a long period New Zealanders could wander around within their own country without the same kind of restrictions as in Europe or Australia. So NZ never had the same kind of lockdowns. Then of course the injections came along... and problems.

FOMO seems to be the main tactic to force people into these, digicurrency, digital ID etc.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Screenshot? My computer blocks twitter.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

tribrac wrote: January 19th, 2023, 8:19 am For the record, I don't think she was man.
Neither do I.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Christianlee wrote: January 18th, 2023, 8:22 pm The WEF takes its toll.

48881823-52CC-450B-80BB-2B5B34382522.jpeg
It certainly does. Here's Tony Blair.

Attachments
20230121_050002.jpg
20230121_050002.jpg (139.4 KiB) Viewed 590 times

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Sunain wrote: January 19th, 2023, 8:17 pm One of the worst leaders of the 21st century... so far...
My vote for that goes to Trudeau.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Silver Pie wrote: January 20th, 2023, 10:20 pm
Sunain wrote: January 19th, 2023, 8:17 pm One of the worst leaders of the 21st century... so far...
My vote for that goes to Trudeau.
Liz Truss is pretty bad and collapsed the pound. Tony Blair also counts (see above) even he started in the 1990s.

Also awful politicians in Argentina, South Africa, Brazil (Lula) and the Ukraine (Leonid Kuchma)

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Niemand wrote: January 20th, 2023, 10:23 pm
Liz Truss is pretty bad and collapsed the pound. Tony Blair also counts (see above) even he started in the 1990s.

Also awful politicians in Argentina, South Africa, Brazil (Lula) and the Ukraine (Leonid Kuchma)
Sounds like there's a whole slew of leaders who could tie for the worst leader of a country during the last few years.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I wonder if Tony Blair would win by virtue of having been around the longest. 🤔

Trudeau is horrid! Whoever is running the USA is horrid. The ones in charge of Australia, ditto. And all the others. Ugh. Sometimes I think it's beyond past time for the earth's mantle to shift and wipe us out. (If that's how it will happen.)

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Silver Pie wrote: January 20th, 2023, 10:25 pm
Niemand wrote: January 20th, 2023, 10:23 pm

Sounds like there's a whole slew of leaders who could tie for the worst leader of a country during the last few years.
Argentina was going through practically one president a week about twenty years ago. Kuchma was nasty too, it was an open secret that he had people murdered. Zelensky has been showboating over his war and banned independent broadcasting in his country.

As for Lula, managing to achieve Latin America's biggest political scandal ever is quite some achievement given the history of the region.

p.s. Tony Blair left political office in 2007. He's been running think tanks and Institutes ever since.
Trudeau is horrid! Whoever is running the USA is horrid. The ones in charge of Australia, ditto. And all the others. Ugh. Sometimes I think it's beyond past time for the earth's mantle to shift and wipe us out. (If that's how it will happen.)
I'm so weary of these people. They're going to get worse and I don't know how the human race will handle it. The likes of Blair keep bringing back ideas that have been rejected again and again. I don't know why they still pretend to be democratic.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Niemand wrote: January 20th, 2023, 10:30 pm I'm so weary of these people. They're going to get worse and I don't know how the human race will handle it. The likes of Blair keep bringing back ideas that have been rejected again and again. I don't know why they still pretend to be democratic.
Guaranteed to get worse, for sure!

I wonder when they'll fall into their own pit. I wonder when their infighting will cause them to fall. Before or after millions (billions?) more people are made miserable or dead?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Silver Pie wrote: January 20th, 2023, 10:38 pm
Niemand wrote: January 20th, 2023, 10:30 pm I'm so weary of these people. They're going to get worse and I don't know how the human race will handle it. The likes of Blair keep bringing back ideas that have been rejected again and again. I don't know why they still pretend to be democratic.
Guaranteed to get worse, for sure!

I wonder when they'll fall into their own pit. I wonder when their infighting will cause them to fall. Before or after millions (billions?) more people are made miserable or dead?
Billions.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Listen as this reporter describes Ardern's teeth as resembling a beer bottle opener.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

tenor (4).gif
tenor (4).gif (891.29 KiB) Viewed 402 times

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Fred wrote: January 21st, 2023, 2:35 pm Listen as this reporter describes Ardern's teeth as resembling a beer bottle opener.
She does indeed have ugly teeth... but it's probably unfair to criticise her for that. It should be her policies and personality we go for, not something she can't help.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Niemand wrote: January 22nd, 2023, 3:32 am
Fred wrote: January 21st, 2023, 2:35 pm Listen as this reporter describes Ardern's teeth as resembling a beer bottle opener.
She does indeed have ugly teeth... but it's probably unfair to criticise her for that. It should be her policies and personality we go for, not something she can't help.
She's got horse teeth because that's a man mouth. She's one of the elites. It's perfectly fair to criticize their disgusting satanic habits that make them look the way they do. It's not as if your criticizing your sister, this is one of the (probably not human) elite class controlling the world who should be rotting at Gitmo.
And forensic check shows male markers. Show me I'm wrong on that. 🤷‍♀️
She couldn't shed the man mouth, Michael O got stuck with the linebacker body. Both of them kept their man-junk...

Yeah it's okay to say it out loud.