Catholic Diocese Takes a Hammer to Radical Transgender Agenda, Leftist Tears and Tantrums Follow

Discuss political news items / current events.
Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Catholic Diocese Takes a Hammer to Radical Transgender Agenda, Leftist Tears and Tantrums Follow

Post by Christianlee »

https://redstate.com/terichristoph/2023 ... ow-n690035

“ In a move that sent leftist spittle flying everywhere, the Des Moines Catholic Diocese recently laid out a series of “gender identity” policies that take a hammer to woke nonsense like preferred pronouns, puberty blockers, and cross-dressing. The “binding” rules apply across the diocese, which has 80 parishes, 17 schools, and over 100,000 members, and is overseen by Bishop William Joensen.

“The new policies are the result of the many questions put to Bishop Joensen about how Catholics should respond to the radical transgender agenda being pushed on families on a daily basis. It took “two years of study, prayer, listening, and consulting” to develop a policy “that provides a comprehensive explanation of how to interpret and apply Catholic principles to daily life within our faith communities and schools.””

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Re: Catholic Diocese Takes a Hammer to Radical Transgender Agenda, Leftist Tears and Tantrums Follow

Post by Dave62 »

Christianlee wrote: January 18th, 2023, 3:55 am https://redstate.com/terichristoph/2023 ... ow-n690035

“ In a move that sent leftist spittle flying everywhere, the Des Moines Catholic Diocese recently laid out a series of “gender identity” policies that take a hammer to woke nonsense like preferred pronouns, puberty blockers, and cross-dressing. The “binding” rules apply across the diocese, which has 80 parishes, 17 schools, and over 100,000 members, and is overseen by Bishop William Joensen.

“The new policies are the result of the many questions put to Bishop Joensen about how Catholics should respond to the radical transgender agenda being pushed on families on a daily basis. It took “two years of study, prayer, listening, and consulting” to develop a policy “that provides a comprehensive explanation of how to interpret and apply Catholic principles to daily life within our faith communities and schools.””
Fan-bloody-tastic! God bless the Catholics.

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Re: Catholic Diocese Takes a Hammer to Radical Transgender Agenda, Leftist Tears and Tantrums Follow

Post by Dave62 »

It might be nice if our church could stand up to the Rainbow Cult like this.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Dave62 wrote: January 18th, 2023, 4:46 am
Christianlee wrote: January 18th, 2023, 3:55 am https://redstate.com/terichristoph/2023 ... ow-n690035

Fan-bloody-tastic! God bless the Catholics.
At least this Catholic Bishop and his diocese are standing up. Other Catholic Bishops are not so brave. The reality is the truth needs to be presented in love. Those who choose to reject the truth should not be coddled. Churches must confront scandal among both the clergy and the flock. Doing anything else is a disservice to those who flaunt their disobedience to God. This is especially true of the transgender movement which spits in the face of the God who made them.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Dave62 wrote: January 18th, 2023, 4:49 am It might be nice if our church could stand up to the Rainbow Cult like this.
Nah . . .
It's just "ideal" vs. "non-ideal".
The "non-ideal" lifestyle of rainbows vs. the "ideal" lifestyle.

Heaven forbid we ever call something sin!

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Where are our based and fearless stake presidents and bishops?

Church broke? Not a single hair can be out of place.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

So, someone here is claiming LDS leaders are marrying gays and lesbians? That is what the hammer is, not performing the marriages. So, if we're different, you're saying LDS are performing gay marriages today............. not respecting them, or allowing gay marrieds to attend but performing the marriages in church buildings BTW. I applaud the Catholics here, but that is all they are pushing against. Like the lady that didn't want to make a gay wedding cake. She wasn't anti-gay, she just would not be involved in the process of the marriage event.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

TheDuke wrote: January 18th, 2023, 8:31 pm So, someone here is claiming LDS leaders are marrying gays and lesbians? That is what the hammer is, not performing the marriages. So, if we're different, you're saying LDS are performing gay marriages today............. not respecting them, or allowing gay marrieds to attend but performing the marriages in church buildings BTW. I applaud the Catholics here, but that is all they are pushing against. Like the lady that didn't want to make a gay wedding cake. She wasn't anti-gay, she just would not be involved in the process of the marriage event.
This was about transgender policy, not gay marriage.

“Among the guidance put forth: “Respect for creation includes respect for one’s biological sex”; “The human person is a body-soul union, and the body — as created male or female — is an essential aspect of the human person.”; and, “The mystery of human sexuality as a key component of personal identity is received as a gift created by God that we are not authorized to seek to change.” In addition, the first rule states that “no person may designate a ‘preferred pronoun’ in speech or in writing when related to ministry activities of any kind,” including diocesan schools”

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

perhaps but the big thing the catholic bishop said (that I read) was they wouldn't do the performances. I didn't recall it being only transgender vs. gays. but the headline I read said gays. Even if it is transgender, my same question applies. they refused marriage (perhaps also baptism rights but I don't think it was, I'm now confused by which article I read the other day).

but, it seems wrong to deny them baptism as I don't recall any requirements by Jesus other than come unto me, ye that are heavy laden............... surely they are even if they don't yet know it.

That is not to accept their sins or actions, nor condone them, nor pander to them, nor let them teach our children or speak about it, etc........

OOOPS maybe I just posted this on the wrong thread (and the last post) or at least the comments about denying baptism..... sorry