The Jezebel Spirit in a Local Business

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

The Jezebel Spirit in a Local Business

Post by Chip »

I encountered a flagrant example of the Jezebel spirit in business recently. I'll make the setup as brief as possible:

Our office manager figured she'd hire a local electronic waste handler to come pick up a pallet of old servers and computers.

They charged us $1.60 per pound, which came to under $500.

While they were there for the pickup, she handed them a few extra boxes of failed plastic chips (IC's) that needed disposal. That added 24 pounds to the load. She requested that they be "destroyed", as opposed to just disposed of.

The electronic waste company emailed her, confirming that she wanted the chips "destroyed". She said yes, go ahead. No mention of cost was made.

There were about 12,000 chips. Their sizes averaged the dimensions of your thumb nail. All together, they would fit within two shoe boxes. The average weight of these chips was 0.9g each.

Later, our office manager got a call from the waste company manager saying that she had a very large invoice going to us and would work to see if she could get it lowered for us.

They were planning on charging us $240,000, or $20 per chip! That's $10,000 per pound, or 6,250 times their usual rate.

Our office manager said she had no idea it would cost that much, and the lady from the waste company said they could get the invoice down to $40,000 to help us out.

When our office manager pushed back, the lady from the waste company only offered if we'd like to confirm the number of chips.

Obviously, this is an attempt to scam us out of a lot of money. We used to have a granulator machine in the building that would have ground all these chips to dust in about two minutes. Whatever they did couldn't be worth more than double their normal rate of $1.60 pound.

So, that's the setup.

Now, we get into the correspondence with their COO, whose name starts with "N" and sounds like "Dick". I'll just call him Dick.

Dick totally embodies the Jezebel spirit, which will be very familiar to many of us here on LDSFF, as we have sundry characters who play the same games as Dick, flippantly, choosing what part of the truth to acknowledge, while strategically feigning ignorance of the more weighty matters.

Here goes....

Our CEO requests a Zoom meeting with Dick.

Up to this point, Dick's correspondence has been full of "Have a great day!" kinds of pleasantries.

Dick responds to the Zoom request:
I am currently traveling and phone would be best. Is there a reason Zoom is necessary?
Our CEO:
Yes, situation warrants face-to-face communication, on Zoom or in person. Please propose a time / date for a Zoom meeting. Thank you.
Dick:
Situation? It’s an invoice. I’m sure a phone conversation will more than suffice.
Our CEO:
Given the absence of a quote, and lack of approval of for such a large invoice, we will need to meet face to face to start to review the details. Thank you.

--another email--

Dick, the owner of our company considers this matter to be very serious. Given your desire not to meet on Zoom, you could connect us to the owner of [the waste company] to meet with us. We need to go to the top, on both ends, and retrace all of the details. Thank you
Dick:
Send me the zoom invite.

Repeating the same sentiment regarding the estimate or invoice over and over again doesn’t make it any more of fact.

I do not wish to have my voice and/or face recorded during this zoom meeting. Also, please make sure you read our security disclaimer at the bottom of my email signature.

Thank you.

[disclaimer at the bottom of Dick's email]
Caution: This email message, including all content and attachments, is both proprietary and CONFIDENTIAL. The information contained in this email message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you have received this document in error. Any further review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply email and delete it. Thank you.

Can you spot the many Troll behaviors Dick exhibited as he tried to scam his customer out of a lot of money? It started with the waste company's manager pretending that it should be satisfactory to let us 'confirm the number of chips' they were given.

Sheesh! This kind of stuff can take time off a person's life. These kinds of people are so draining to encounter.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Re: The Jezebel Spirit in a Local Business

Post by MikeMaillet »

This is why I believe there is no hope for mankind. No matter what we do there will always be a new crop of Dicks with which to contend.

Mike Maillet
Ingleside, Ontario

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Interesting observations. What do you believe The Book of Mormon teaches us about how to deal with such people? I’m sincerely interested, as this is a topic near and dear to my heart.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Don’t be a Dick! :)

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

endlessismyname wrote: September 6th, 2022, 8:50 pm Interesting observations. What do you believe The Book of Mormon teaches us about how to deal with such people? I’m sincerely interested, as this is a topic near and dear to my heart.
Moroni and the Kingmen could give us a few ideas. ;)

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

My opinion of these outfits is, that they are nothing but scam artists.

Electronic waste, or "shredding", my opinion is that most of them collect this stuff then go behind Walmart and just dump it into the Walmart trash bins out back.

That was my experience in Los Angeles. Yes, people went back there and found personal medical documents, which had been dumped but the doctor's office had been charged a small fortune for "shredding".

I suppose major scam artists go into that type of business.

Mormons are naive. They don't realize that you can trust most of humanity no further than you can throw them.
dc

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

endlessismyname wrote: September 6th, 2022, 8:50 pm Interesting observations. What do you believe The Book of Mormon teaches us about how to deal with such people? I’m sincerely interested, as this is a topic near and dear to my heart.

Nothing comes to mind, but I like how Jezebel was handled in The Bible.

30 And when Jehu was come to Jezreel, Jezebel heard of it; and she painted her face, and tired her head, and looked out at a window.

31 And as Jehu entered in at the gate, she said, Had Zimri peace, who slew his master?

32 And he lifted up his face to the window, and said, Who is on my side? who? And there looked out to him two or three eunuchs.

33 And he said, Throw her down. So they threw her down: and some of her blood was sprinkled on the wall, and on the horses: and he trode her under foot.

34 And when he was come in, he did eat and drink, and said, Go, see now this cursed woman, and bury her: for she is a king's daughter.

I think we might be getting more eunuchs.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Maybe I'm missing something here, but how does this relate to Jezebel? I tend to associate that name with sexual licentiousness.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Niemand wrote: September 7th, 2022, 12:05 am Maybe I'm missing something here, but how does this relate to Jezebel? I tend to associate that name with sexual licentiousness.

I think it's partly that, but more. This explains it well:

https://firelifeministries.org/grow-you ... bel-spirit
When Jezebel Spirit takes over a person, it can do the following things:

1. Orchestrate or control everything around him or her.

2. Use deception or manipulation to get what he or she wants.

3. Wants to be the center of attention at all times.

4. Questions a Christian’s beliefs, faith, and causes doubts and anxiety in that person.

5. Distracts believers from worshipping God.

6. Uses sexual seduction to sway Christians from the paths of righteousness.

7. Seduces Christians to live a hedonistic lifestyle.

8. Wreaks havoc among marriages, friendships, groups, companies, relationships in general, and institutions, especially religious ones.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

first of all good management practices working with vendors means you get a quote in writing before you do anything......without the quote in writing it doesn't exist.....i guess i'm very jaded and sus of everyone and everything...lol...but when you run your own operation you do your due diligence on everything.....even garbage disposal.....i learned long ago to trust after verification.....the office manager has prolly learned a valuable lesson....there is accountability on both sides here....i can't imagine this service is really a 40k service and the dick person knows it .....and it goes without saying this vendor will be required to give quotes in writing for every little thing or if possible never used again.....the jezebel connection seems a little much ...just seems like deceptive business tactics that any competent professional should be savvy enough to avoid.....

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

What is the "Jezebel spirit"?

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Robin Hood wrote: September 7th, 2022, 6:32 am What is the "Jezebel spirit"?

It is the haughty spirit that is aggressively poisoning society these days. It can be seen in leaders like Trudeau, Macron, Gavin Newsom, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, and Biden (even though he is senile). It pushes what is horribly wrong, but acts as if its agenda is perfectly reasonable, and that it would be beyond the pale for anyone to disagree with it. It registers no complaints as it boarishly pushes its agendas forward. If it does acknowledge opposition, it shames and villifies the people opposing it. It acts like people should be greatful for what it's up to. We all see it everyday nowadays.

This spirit will abruptly shut up at some point because God is going to shut it up.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

farmerchick wrote: September 7th, 2022, 2:53 am first of all good management practices working with vendors means you get a quote in writing before you do anything......without the quote in writing it doesn't exist.....i guess i'm very jaded and sus of everyone and everything...lol...but when you run your own operation you do your due diligence on everything.....even garbage disposal.....i learned long ago to trust after verification.....the office manager has prolly learned a valuable lesson....there is accountability on both sides here....i can't imagine this service is really a 40k service and the dick person knows it .....and it goes without saying this vendor will be required to give quotes in writing for every little thing or if possible never used again.....the jezebel connection seems a little much ...just seems like deceptive business tactics that any competent professional should be savvy enough to avoid.....

I did a little checking into this operation and they took a nose dive during covid. They used to have 25 employees and now they are down to 6, probably all wilful scammers, at this point.

They have ruined their relationship with us. Most any vendor will contact you if what you are asking them to do is going to be unusually expensive. They will ask if you really want it done. These guys tried to set us up and pretend that an officer of our company had given approval to this, thinking we would buckle. I think they are going down the tubes and desperate, despite their bravado.

I think Dick's behavior totally exhibits the Jezebel spirit, which is haughty, manipulative, controlling, threatening, shaming, and unreasonable.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

We had the Zoom meeting with them today.

I'm pretty sure these are BLM-type people. I attached two pictures off the net which look approximately like the two of them. I think these people feel very empowered these days, like they have every right to scam others with impunity.

They were completely shameless. They smugly and calmly acted as if everything they charged us was totally legitimate ($240k for destroying two shoe boxes of plastic chips), and that they really didn't have any choice, because they were bound by their very strict "certified" process.

Whenever I pointed out the absurdity of what Dick and "Shayla" were attempting to do to us, Dick just grinned, looked down, and shook his head in comic disbelief. Very frustrating to deal with these kinds of people. I told them both exactly what I thought of their attempt to extort us, and what it said about their business and themselves, but they had no response, other than to calmly say that I was being unreasonable, "making personal attacks" and "gaslighting" them. They saw themselves as the adults in the room.

In the end, I told him we were not going to pay them anything for destroying those chips, beyond their normal weight rate of $1.60 per pound. They kept saying that they had to count them all over TWO days, so that they could properly apply their per-unit charge of $20, which is probably what they charge for destroying hard drives, or something. His last offer was to charge us just $5 per chip, instead of $20. When I brought up the insanity of this supposedly costing $10,000 per pound, they calmy reiterated that weight had nothing to do with it, because this is about the number of units, only, because of the process they are bound to follow. Right, count the chips in order to set up an extortion plot.

As it stands, we are not going to pay them anything, until they come to a reasonable price, which I'm sure they will not do.

Him.jpg
Him.jpg (12.76 KiB) Viewed 477 times
Her.jpg
Her.jpg (5.54 KiB) Viewed 477 times

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

Chip wrote: September 8th, 2022, 11:39 am We had the Zoom meeting with them today.

I'm pretty sure these are BLM-type people. I attached two pictures off the net which look approximately like the two of them. I think these people feel very empowered these days, like they have every right to scam others with impunity.

They were completely shameless. They smugly and calmly acted as if everything they charged us was totally legitimate ($240k for destroying two shoe boxes of plastic chips), and that they really didn't have any choice, because they were bound by their very strict "certified" process.

Whenever I pointed out the absurdity of what Dick and "Shayla" were attempting to do to us, Dick just grinned, looked down, and shook his head in comic disbelief. Very frustrating to deal with these kinds of people. I told them both exactly what I thought of their attempt to extort us, and what it said about their business and themselves, but they had no response, other than to calmly say that I was being unreasonable, "making personal attacks" and "gaslighting" them. They saw themselves as the adults in the room.

In the end, I told him we were not going to pay them anything for destroying those chips, beyond their normal weight rate of $1.60 per pound. They kept saying that they had to count them all over TWO days, so that they could properly apply their per-unit charge of $20, which is probably what they charge for destroying hard drives, or something. His last offer was to charge us just $5 per chip, instead of $20. When I brought up the insanity of this supposedly costing $10,000 per pound, they calmy reiterated that weight had nothing to do with it, because this is about the number of units, only, because of the process they are bound to follow. Right, count the chips in order to set up an extortion plot.

As it stands, we are not going to pay them anything, until they come to a reasonable price, which I'm sure they will not do.

Him.jpgHer.jpg
Ok...so if you don't pay them anything.....they will have a claim against you. If you pay them the 1.60 per pound and move on...perhaps they will too. perhaps you would want to consult an attorney...but the last thing you want is a lien on the business by this vendor for non payment. I suggest you be pro active about getting legal advice to protect yourself/company from unwanted problems this will surely cause...these people are in a protected class and equity and diversity is now entangled in the coiurt systems at least here in Washington state. I would put a directive out to all personnel that vendors must submit in writing quotes for all services...without quotes no vendors will be working for the company....also I would put a stop work directive out for this company...that means they no longer provide services in any capacity for you. This seems like it should be taken care of by adults in the room but obviously there have been lapses in judgement on both sides and the white side will surely lose more. I wouldn't want this to fester much longer without counsel trying to negotiate a settlement. You could get a good attorney for 40k and if it were me I would rather pay the attorney than them. Wow good luck...

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

We will see if they come back. I kind of doubt they will. They know what they tried to do was preposterous. If they were more intelligent, they would have tried to take a much smaller bite. I will not fear people like them. I will tell them what I think of them straight to their face. This is what should have been happening in society, all along. The criminals would not feel so empowered as they do now.

Their bet is that you will be more interested in maintaining airs of being a pleasant person than addressing their criminality.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Dall-E was prompted with:

"Oil painting of e-waste handlers scheming to rip off a customer"

It made this:

Screenshot_20230116_211309_Brave.jpg
Screenshot_20230116_211309_Brave.jpg (373.38 KiB) Viewed 198 times