MBTI -- what type are you?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
XEmilyX
captain of 1,000

Re: MBTI -- what type are you?

Post by XEmilyX »

Joseph Smith and Jesus are INFJ.
I thought Joseph would be enfp but after some research I found he's actually infj.
I was going to post a picture buuuut I can't figure out how.

october31jhm
captain of 10

Post by october31jhm »

Ok I am a --INFP-T--- Thoughts on my personality??? Anyone.. interested in stimulating Conversation.. Ok introverted 85-- intuitive 81---feeling 88---prospected was close at 51--turbulent 69---don't know what the T is??

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

XEmilyX wrote: July 21st, 2018, 9:08 pm Joseph Smith and Jesus are INFJ.
I thought Joseph would be enfp but after some research I found he's actually infj.
How do you know?

BTW Image

Code: Select all

BTW [img]https://ldsfreedomforum.com/download/file.php?avatar=10802_1531440164.jpg[/img]
Most stuff you just surround it with [tags].

Pictures are sometimes difficult; use chrome to “find this picture” and look for urls that end with .jpg .png or .gif.

Post url to the pic you want to post for some help. :)

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Us rarest of all personality types run in a pretty awesome (very tiny) crowd ;)

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Just so you all know, cool people don't play any silly letter games.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

I tested 40 years ago and then more recently. Both times, I came out INTJ, which I think describes me pretty well.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Chip timed his post very poorly, lol.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Shawn Henry wrote: January 13th, 2023, 10:47 pm Chip timed his post very poorly, lol.
INTJ's are not deterred by their own uncoolness. We don't care.

NeveR
captain of 1,000

Post by NeveR »

INFP-T "turbulent mediator"

Sounds awful... :roll:

JandD6572
captain of 100

Post by JandD6572 »

INJF-A

JandD6572
captain of 100

Post by JandD6572 »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: January 13th, 2023, 10:04 pm
Us rarest of all personality types run in a pretty awesome (very tiny) crowd ;)
Yes, we sure do.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Shawn Henry wrote: January 13th, 2023, 10:36 pm Just so you all know, cool people don't play any silly letter games.

Is one of my favorite books; my technical education led me to believe I'm predominantly a Analyst, but this book helped me recognize myself as a Synthesist/Idealist. https://www.johnljerz.com/superduper/tl ... id170.html Indeed one of the best books on the subject.
With that being said,

only 1 letter pattern of the 16,

is even remotely intelligible.

Entropy rules. 8-)

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

ESFJ. Not at all suprised...

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

I took the test about 25 years ago and I was an INTP. I have not changed.

Mike

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

I have had some thoughts on personality typing, and I think that people operate within "bands" - some people have a very small band"width" - for instance they are introverts and are always within a small variable of how introverted they are. Others may have a small bandwidth, but their band is very near the middle i.e. they are ambiverts but are never really very introverted nor extroverted. And I believe over time people can develop the ability to "move their needle" and possible over a very wide range they can be VERY introverted, VERY extraverted, or ambiverted as the situation demands. YES, they will still have a base type, but they also have a high degree of flexibility in regard to function.

I knew one guy who was always quite loud and appeared extraverted, but he was in truth an introvert but had been raised that men should not be shy or quiet and had thus developed an extraverted ego in order to please his parents. In some cases, I believe if we wear a mask long enough, we somewhat become the mask.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Original_Intent wrote: January 14th, 2023, 10:52 am
... always quite loud and appeared extraverted, but he was in truth an introvert................. in order to please his parents. In some cases, I believe if we wear a mask long enough, we somewhat become the mask.
I wonder how many people here who have met me over the years would know I'm a serious introvert? :? :oops:

Absolutely a bunch of my outward mask (not real personality), was trained into me because I was expected to behave a certain way, and it became habit.

I would wager that's the case for every one of us, and our true personalities are shielded in a lot of ways by training and masking - making people think they know each other, when they might not really.

People "think" they know me all the time... ;)

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: January 14th, 2023, 4:00 pm
... always quite loud and appeared extraverted, but he was in truth an introvert................. in order to please his parents. In some cases, I believe if we wear a mask long enough, we somewhat become the mask.
I wonder how many people here who have met me over the years would know I'm a serious introvert? :? :oops:

Absolutely a bunch of my outward mask (not real personality), was trained into me because I was expected to behave a certain way, and it became habit.

I would wager that's the case for every one of us, and our true personalities are shielded in a lot of ways by training and masking - making people think they know each other, when they might not really.

Interesting thing is I have a meeting on Monday with a woman that says she’s secretly an introvert, but others describe her as a firecracker, prolly due to her red hair. :lol:

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

BeNotDeceived wrote: January 14th, 2023, 4:10 pm
FoxMammaWisdom wrote: January 14th, 2023, 4:00 pm

Interesting thing is I have a meeting on Monday with a woman that says she’s secretly an introvert, but others describe her as a firecracker, prolly due to her red hair. :lol:
Prolly red-headed stepchild training like I got. We're actually nice. And smart. And kind of badass. And have way more fun than blondes.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Original_Intent wrote: January 14th, 2023, 10:52 am I have had some thoughts on personality typing, and I think that people operate within "bands" - some people have a very small band"width" - for instance they are introverts and are always within a small variable of how introverted they are. Others may have a small bandwidth, but their band is very near the middle i.e. they are ambiverts but are never really very introverted nor extroverted. And I believe over time people can develop the ability to "move their needle" and possible over a very wide range they can be VERY introverted, VERY extraverted, or ambiverted as the situation demands. YES, they will still have a base type, but they also have a high degree of flexibility in regard to function.

I knew one guy who was always quite loud and appeared extraverted, but he was in truth an introvert but had been raised that men should not be shy or quiet and had thus developed an extraverted ego in order to please his parents. In some cases, I believe if we wear a mask long enough, we somewhat become the mask.
Makes sense. Jung, who I believe first came up with the essence of the personality theory, suggested that ideally, we learn to balance ourselves. I think the color code personality theory suggested similarly.

As a young child, I didn’t speak for a long time. Then when I did I was labeled shy. I was definitely introverted. But I soon realized if I was going to psychologically survive/thrive, I’d have to force myself to be extroverted & meet people so I did - & maybe outdid it somewhat, as the guy in your story did.

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

I have had some thoughts on personality typing, and I think that people operate within "bands" - some people have a very small band"width" - for instance they are introverts and are always within a small variable of how introverted they are. Others may have a small bandwidth, but their band is very near the middle i.e. they are ambiverts but are never really very introverted nor extroverted. And I believe over time people can develop the ability to "move their needle" and possible over a very wide range they can be VERY introverted, VERY extraverted, or ambiverted as the situation demands. YES, they will still have a base type, but they also have a high degree of flexibility in regard to function.

And with that being said….I am an Infj, introverted Asperger’s female who learned to mask unknowingly out of necessity. Watch and learn. It’s how I survived…sanity within the masses. It takes a while to really know who you are because it doesn’t come naturally. There is a fine tuning with the spirit that has to happen…and the Gates foundation is trying to kill that line of communication post haste. I think we scare the devil…lol.

LateOutOfBed
captain of 100

Post by LateOutOfBed »

ENTJ Here.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

LDS Physician wrote: July 15th, 2018, 3:56 pm ESFJ here. I hope you accept and love me.
... I guess :-/

:D

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Thinker wrote: January 14th, 2023, 11:15 pm
Original_Intent wrote: January 14th, 2023, 10:52 am I have had some thoughts on personality typing, and I think that people operate within "bands" - some people have a very small band"width" - for instance they are introverts and are always within a small variable of how introverted they are. Others may have a small bandwidth, but their band is very near the middle i.e. they are ambiverts but are never really very introverted nor extroverted. And I believe over time people can develop the ability to "move their needle" and possible over a very wide range they can be VERY introverted, VERY extraverted, or ambiverted as the situation demands. YES, they will still have a base type, but they also have a high degree of flexibility in regard to function.

Makes sense. Jung, who I believe first came up with the essence of the personality theory, suggested that ideally, we learn to balance ourselves. I think the color code personality theory suggested similarly.

As a young child, I didn’t speak for a long time. Then when I did I was labeled shy. I was definitely introverted. But I soon realized if I was going to psychologically survive/thrive, I’d have to force myself to be extroverted & meet people so I did - & maybe outdid it somewhat, as the guy in your story did.
Nah, I found you engaging but also I see the reserved side. I don't think you overdid it at all -

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

... and so am I ... INFJ

Funny how it works

It's a border between E and I. Extrovert and Introvert. INFJ is the Introvert ... Barely. I love my family...love em so much.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Original_Intent wrote: February 8th, 2023, 7:07 pm
Thinker wrote: January 14th, 2023, 11:15 pmMakes sense. Jung, who I believe first came up with the essence of the personality theory, suggested that ideally, we learn to balance ourselves. I think the color code personality theory suggested similarly.

Nah, I found you engaging but also I see the reserved side. I don't think you overdid it at all -
Good to know, thanks.