Guess what info is required before you can cancel a church sealing (aka divorce).

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Re: Guess what info is required before you can cancel a church sealing (aka divorce).

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 12th, 2023, 3:59 pm
Robin Hood wrote: January 12th, 2023, 3:52 pm Stake high councils these days are increasingly made up of quite young men, even some YSA.
Can you serve on the high council and be single? We had a guy get divorced and he was released because he wasn't married. TBM as they come.

His wife is a gem though, we met a few years after this divorce and I know why she left him. There was no questioning church leaders with this dude.
Yes, my ex was a single man in the bishopric.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Guess what info is required before you can cancel a church sealing (aka divorce).

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

I guess my stake was just more righteous than all of y’alls stakes. :)

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: January 13th, 2023, 8:10 am
Robin Hood wrote: January 12th, 2023, 3:52 pm Stake high councils these days are increasingly made up of quite young men, even some YSA.
Can you serve on the high council and be single? We had a guy get divorced and he was released because he wasn't married. TBM as they come.

His wife is a gem though, we met a few years after this divorce and I know why she left him. There was no questioning church leaders with this dude.
Not that horribly abusive dude you've told us a couple stories about?! No way, that guy was in a bishopric??? .... Lemme guess, 'inspiration'. 🙄🙄

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

gradles21 wrote: January 12th, 2023, 4:12 pm I have a friend who has had 3 temple divorces, he described the process to me once and it sounded awful. I think the reason they make the process so difficult is to discourage people from going through with the temple divorce, that's the only reason that makes sense to me.
I had 2 "temple divorces". And no they don't make it easy. Even if you did nothing wrong, it's a hellish process, and you are "tainted" with a temple divorce.. They favor the man with the"priesthood" of course. Even the righteous women are just leftovers unless they find another"worthy man" whose coattails they can ride to heaven, and they made their position on that VEEEEERRRRYYYYY clear to me.🙄 They made me terrified both times i would never go to heaven, and the second time they tried to divide me from my child and tell me i wasn't his mother anymore because the sealing of the child goes to the priesthood, and I was cut off from him since my ex wanted a sealing cancellation.

The whole thing was a bunch of paperwork, a bunch of interviews, letters between everyone, approval from first presidency... about 9 months long process each time. And TOOOONNNSSS of guilt-tripping, even if you did nothing wrong.

Edited to add the guilt part.
Last edited by FoxMammaWisdom on January 13th, 2023, 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Cruiserdude wrote: January 13th, 2023, 8:18 am

Not that horribly abusive dude you've told us a couple stories about?! No way, that guy was in a bishopric??? .... Lemme guess, 'inspiration'. 🙄🙄
No this one can be an @#$ and tried to take my son from me and convince him that I'm evil and that I wasn't his mother and make him forget me and keep him away from me... But he wasn't the abusive one I've talked about.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: January 13th, 2023, 8:30 am

No this one can be an @#$ and tried to take my son from me and convince him that I'm evil and that I wasn't his mother and make him forget me and keep him away from me... But he wasn't the abusive one I've talked about.
Oh sheesh.... Sorry to hear that stuff ☹️

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Cruiserdude wrote: January 13th, 2023, 8:39 am
FoxMammaWisdom wrote: January 13th, 2023, 8:30 am

Oh sheesh.... Sorry to hear that stuff ☹️
Thank you🙏💚 It's ok, my ex wasted all that time and effort for nothing. My kid loves my guts and so does his wife and they're not getting rid of me just cuz the church and his dad tried.😅

JandD6572
captain of 100

Post by JandD6572 »

WildOliveBranch2 wrote: January 12th, 2023, 4:46 pm
Niemand wrote: January 12th, 2023, 5:29 am Screening for adultery.
I feel like you’re absolutely correct. This is frightening to me because there are so many other “sins” that are very serious (like falsely accusing others or stirring up gossip) that could literally ruin those people’s lives & their reputation in & out of the Church, like very often happens in a divorce situation. When I went through my divorce back in 2004 (though I’m still “sealed” to my ex), our Ward completely split right down the middle in opinions & I was falsely accused & judged by my peers. I didn’t even commit adultery at all & was accused of so many heinous things by my ex & his boys club (& “sisters” in the Ward who just loved to jump on the gossip train for a superficial ride)... meanwhile I was the one who kept the house & the kids & had to carry on in that Ward. I had to function under those accusations & still carried on, taking my kids to early morning seminary, etc. all the proper good-Church-member sacrifices & yet so much of my companion Ward members kept an accusing eye on me (whilst my ex moved far out of our Ward boundaries).. so I guess I’m writing here like a bit of a sorry-for-myself story, but I hope, in my own simpleton way, I’m trying to expose the hurt that such a “scanning for adultery” hurts when there are so many crueler kinds of pains committed against fellow Church members such as false accusations & the burden of having to continue on & function under those mercy-free environments. Seriously, this IS by hugest problem with the Church. Where is Christ-like love & radical forgiveness? I mean, maybe it only truly means that those that accuse or gossip about underlings & disadvantaged people are actually, likely, guilty of the self-same struggles that they accused *me* of having. The true true true Gospel of Jesus Christ is so so scant in certain congregations in our Church that I feel very very very discouraged about it. Somehow, I hope, in this poor-me rant of mine here, that I’m somehow expressing that the same kind of hurt feels to come from that #3 point on that temple cancellation paperwork. I mean, I thought Christ told off the Elders that were trying to zing the woman they say they “saw” in adultery.. & what about all of the Christ-like virtues that we are supposed to feel exist in our top leaders (“Representatives of Jesus Christ”).. no. We are actually amongst a huge huge huge pack of Gadiantons up in the upper levels. I may be damning myself, unfortunately, by making that statement, & if the real True & Living Savior Jesus Christ chastises me for it, I will truly repent. But in the meantime, I feel that the Heavenly Father I still pray to (& from whom I still receive saving graces & tender mercies on a daily & hourly basis), allows me guilt-free to make such bold bold “dangerous” remarks. In the end, we are all accountable for how much true Charity we have, not how many “i”s dotted or “t”s crossed in our Church documents. I’m not saying I feel I hold high standards of Charity yet, but I *do* believe that the same God I’ve been praying to for help all these years through all kinds of troubles, holds way way way different standards for His lambs, than the Sadducees & Pharisees & False Christs holding many places of “honor” leadership grips in our “beloved” Church.. However, when I pray about these things in concern & panick, the answers I get are more like, well, that’s the very test you’ve been born into mortality to discern.. Who Do We Listen To? The “Prophets”? Or are answers from God that we receive ourselves. This is a constant Trial of Faith. In the end we have to figure out how to See The Face Of God & Live. I feel worried about this every day. But I feel one of our biggest trials, being part of Those Who Have Learned The Gospel, whether we’ve stayed in the Church or not, is figuring out what points of doctrine are true & what are false (discerning Truth From Error).. & discerning what Voice (Who Do You Listen To) &/or Voices to Whom We Should Be Listening To. It’s a daily & hourly test of Discernment.

Anyway, Thanks for Reading. I haven’t been on this Forum for years, & lost my original sign-in email & passwords, so now I’m back as WildOliveBranch2. My original username was WildOliveBranch.

Best,
Jesse
Sounds just the ward I once belonged to here in PA. they sure love to gossip and condemn. Going through that even now. So, I just waved farewell, and will follow Christ without being by men that I must follow them in order to follow Christ.

p8riot
captain of 100

Post by p8riot »

JandD6572 wrote: January 12th, 2023, 12:49 pm
Gadianton Slayer wrote: January 12th, 2023, 11:08 am
Robin Hood wrote: January 12th, 2023, 9:43 am That is not entirely true.
They are suspended. They still technically exist. This is demonstrated by the fact that when someone who has been excommunicated is rebaptised, after a qualifying period (usually 1 year), they can have all of their former blessings restored by the simple laying on of hands. No need to be re-ordained to the priesthood or to go through the temple again. The restoration of blessings simply lifts the suspension.
There is no evidence to suggest that someone loses any blessings or priesthood when a group of old men decides that you should be kicked out of the club.

Does God dictate who holds authority, or your local SP?
For the sake of this argument, and not wanting to go into a lot of detail, wife and I recently divorced, reasons not important at this time, suffice it to say, I do not want anything to do with this church, nor be sealed so someone I am no longer attached to, in love with, or even want to spend an eternity with. Went the split up happened, we were active, I stopped going, so, naturally, this local ward never once questioned me, asked me what was happening. never asked if they could help in anyway, basically, I was abandoned. The only contact I received from the ward was all the hate speech and messages coming from the pheasants. Not one leader, no bishop, no elders quorum pres. no councilor, offered any advice, council, or encouragement. I was just a number, that belonged to no click or groupie within the boundaries of the ward. All friends that I ever knew or had, are now gone. I was left alone with the wolves and the world. from this point on, I plan on staying this way. This ward here in Pa. is the worst and most nastiest ward or branch I have ever attended. Once and for all, I am done with this so called church and the flock of hypocrite leaders and followers.
Don't need specific ward or city but what part of PA?

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: January 13th, 2023, 8:26 am
gradles21 wrote: January 12th, 2023, 4:12 pm I have a friend who has had 3 temple divorces, he described the process to me once and it sounded awful. I think the reason they make the process so difficult is to discourage people from going through with the temple divorce, that's the only reason that makes sense to me.
I had 2 "temple divorces". And no they don't make it easy. Even if you did nothing wrong, it's a hellish process, and you are "tainted" with a temple divorce.. They favor the man with the"priesthood" of course. Even the righteous women are just leftovers unless they find another"worthy man" whose coattails they can ride to heaven, and they made their position on that VEEEEERRRRYYYYY clear to me.🙄 They made me terrified both times i would never go to heaven, and the second time they tried to divide me from my child and tell me i wasn't his mother anymore because the sealing of the child goes to the priesthood, and I was cut off from him since my ex wanted a sealing cancellation.

The whole thing was a bunch of paperwork, a bunch of interviews, letters between everyone, approval from first presidency... about 9 months long process each time. And TOOOONNNSSS of guilt-tripping, even if you did nothing wrong.

The Galactic center is a long ways away.

The time difference between here and the Celestial bureaucracy in Kolob.

Is a doozy.

Everything takes time.

Sir H

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

HVDC wrote: January 13th, 2023, 9:49 am

The Galactic center is a long ways away.

The time difference between here and the Celestial bureaucracy in Kolob.

Is a doozy.

Everything takes time.

Sir H
😂🤣

JandD6572
captain of 100

Post by JandD6572 »

p8riot wrote: January 13th, 2023, 9:40 am
Robin Hood wrote: January 12th, 2023, 9:43 am That is not entirely true.
They are suspended. They still technically exist. This is demonstrated by the fact that when someone who has been excommunicated is rebaptised, after a qualifying period (usually 1 year), they can have all of their former blessings restored by the simple laying on of hands. No need to be re-ordained to the priesthood or to go through the temple again. The restoration of blessings simply lifts the suspension.
There is no evidence to suggest that someone loses any blessings or priesthood when a group of old men decides that you should be kicked out of the club.

For the sake of this argument, and not wanting to go into a lot of detail, wife and I recently divorced, reasons not important at this time, suffice it to say, I do not want anything to do with this church, nor be sealed so someone I am no longer attached to, in love with, or even want to spend an eternity with. Went the split up happened, we were active, I stopped going, so, naturally, this local ward never once questioned me, asked me what was happening. never asked if they could help in anyway, basically, I was abandoned. The only contact I received from the ward was all the hate speech and messages coming from the pheasants. Not one leader, no bishop, no elders quorum pres. no councilor, offered any advice, council, or encouragement. I was just a number, that belonged to no click or groupie within the boundaries of the ward. All friends that I ever knew or had, are now gone. I was left alone with the wolves and the world. from this point on, I plan on staying this way. This ward here in Pa. is the worst and most nastiest ward or branch I have ever attended. Once and for all, I am done with this so called church and the flock of hypocrite leaders and followers.
The ward I live in is in Central Pa. I'm not afraid to share the city and ward if asked.

CaptainM
captain of 100

Post by CaptainM »

JandD6572 wrote: January 13th, 2023, 11:57 am

The ward I live in is in Central Pa. I'm not afraid to share the city and ward if asked.
My wife and I used to live in Hanover, PA (South Central) which is south of York, PA.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 13th, 2023, 8:12 am I guess my stake was just more righteous than all of y’alls stakes. :)
Could be. What's your stake's beard count? That's one of the church's key indicators, if I remember right.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

h_p wrote: January 13th, 2023, 4:06 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 13th, 2023, 8:12 am I guess my stake was just more righteous than all of y’alls stakes. :)
Could be. What's your stake's beard count? That's one of the church's key indicators, if I remember right.
Our SP asked bishops, EQ pres., and all stake callings to be clean-shaven. There were one or two who didn't and a few others who had mustaches. So to answer your question, extremely righteous.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

There have been plenty of beards in our stake, although not the SP itself. If a man suits a beard I've no issue with it. The FP's anti-beard trope was partly based on distancing themselves from fundies and polygs.

JandD6572
captain of 100

Post by JandD6572 »

CaptainM wrote: January 13th, 2023, 3:56 pm

My wife and I used to live in Hanover, PA (South Central) which is south of York, PA.
we are a bit further north near Williamsport Pa. Home of the little league world series

CaptainM
captain of 100

Post by CaptainM »

JandD6572 wrote: January 13th, 2023, 4:40 pm
CaptainM wrote: January 13th, 2023, 3:56 pm

we are a bit further north near Williamsport Pa. Home of the little league world series
I have an older brother (non-member) who lives in Mansfield. When I used to believe in the blind leaders, we attended the branch there when visiting years ago. Hang in there…

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Of course, it depends on who you are. Marie Osmond got a sealing cancellation within minutes. Come to find out she is bi-polar so once she started taking drugs, she remarried the guy.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 12th, 2023, 5:44 am #3?? 🤯
Yep. I filled out the same kind of form years ago.

It's as if they are serving devils instead of God, or something.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

JandD6572 wrote: January 12th, 2023, 6:09 am hmm, I suppose my response would be simple, Since I am no longer a member of this so called church, the first presidency can kiss where the sun doesn't shine. the sealing in non binding anyhow once one is removed from the church or excommunicated, remember, once this happens, the church supposedly takes all blessings from you, including temple blessings.
They didn't take any blessings from me when I left, even if they thought they did. My blessings are between God and me, not some organization who thinks it holds the keys to my salvation and exaltation.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

FoundMyEden wrote: January 12th, 2023, 9:16 am This screening process is absolute hell for people with abusive spouses and or people struggling with mental health issues such as ptsd. It adds fuel to the fire and puts power in the hands of the controllers.
There is good news that can override this whole process though…it’s called IQuit. :)
Luckily, I had the stake pres and bishop in my corner. I wasn't planning on getting sealed to someone else. I just wanted the harassment to stop. (It didn't, but it did lessen a little bit.) I was still TBM when I did this. The thought of being forced to be with the guy forever was terrifying to me - and even though I knew about the Holy Spirit of Promise, I was still afraid that he was right and that he was going to keep all his wives (he'd been divorced twice before I married him).

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

Robin Hood wrote: January 12th, 2023, 3:52 pm
Gadianton Slayer wrote: January 12th, 2023, 5:04 pm I’d also like my question to be addressed; young or not, who dictates which person can hold authority or receive blessings? God, or your local leaders?
I still want this answered. Your original post implies that blessings are lost upon excommunication from the LDS organization. At least clarify which blessings and why.

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

spiritMan wrote: January 12th, 2023, 11:02 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 12th, 2023, 5:17 am A friend recently shared this. Her sister requested to cancel a temple sealing due to divorce. This is what the church requested of her. And now you know the rest of the story.
???

Messed up. But for a different reason. They seem to think that only things that are "sins" are those things that are resolved through the Bishop.
They would be better off just specifying what they are looking for....

I read this and I'd start saying; well last Tuesday I had a moment of anger that I repented for, last Wed. I said something I should have that I am working on . . .

SMH .. .toedies
To speed it up use chatGPT, and send them a 10,000+ page document. :evil:

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

farmerchick wrote: January 12th, 2023, 4:19 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 12th, 2023, 5:17 am A friend recently shared this. Her sister requested to cancel a temple sealing due to divorce. This is what the church requested of her. And now you know the rest of the story.
What sin exactly??? We've been taught by the world there is no sin only your authentic self and your own truth......and some in the church currently engaged in so called on non binary relationships aren't sinning...sooooo what is the freaking problem? Anyone who wants a sealing dismissed should be able to do it. You can't have it both ways IMHO.
What would be funny, is if one were to reply with a philosophical answer such as:

"What is a sin? That is a great question. It really depends on how you define a sin. How do you define a sin? How do I define a sin? It is based on one's perspective, and that perspective is influenced by one's experiences in life. And isn't that perspective also shaped by one's biases and cultural, religious, and moral beliefs? It's a complex subject, and one that can be viewed differently by each individual.

But one thing is certain, the concept of sin is deeply rooted in human history and culture. It has been used as a means of control and manipulation by those in power, to enforce certain moral codes and maintain social order. But at the same time, it has also been used as a tool for self-reflection and personal growth, as individuals strive to align their actions with their values and beliefs.

It's important to remember that the concept of sin is not absolute and unchanging. It is constantly evolving, shaped by the changing times and societies in which we live. And as our understanding of the world and ourselves continues to evolve, so too does our understanding of sin.

So, what is a sin? It's a question that each of us must answer for ourselves, based on our own perspective and understanding. And perhaps, the true sin is to blindly accept the definition of sin imposed on us by others, without questioning and examining it for ourselves...."