Elder Renlund: "It seemed good to the Holy Ghost" to send the first presidency vaccination letter

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
mtmom
captain of 100

Re: Elder Renlund: "It seemed good to the Holy Ghost" to send the first presidency vaccination letter

Post by mtmom »

The Red Pill wrote: December 30th, 2022, 11:42 am
Lemarque wrote: December 29th, 2022, 7:12 pm It was Rasband that spoke in Africa. Just found the video (thanks to Alexander)

I shake my head at comments like this from the press release about the meeting. https://news-africa.churchofjesuschrist ... lts-africa
Along with that came a clarion call to follow the living prophet. This, said Elder Sitati, “was especially relevant at a time when many are not vaccinated against COVID-19"
Thank you for posting this video! It illustrates just how INCREDIBLY WRONG and reckless Q15 actually were.

The interviewer asked Rasband a question: "Many high level leaders in Africa are NOT recommending the shot, how do you reconcile this?"

Rasband appeals to authority...NOT spiritual authority, NOT personal revelation for yourself, NOT ask God... but worldly authority...arm of the flesh authority. He says Q15 has this figured out, God told us, no need to trust ANYONE else but RMN and company. We got this from God, trust us...He literally says WE consider the jab a "miracle" a "Godsend" implying strongly it would be foolish not to follow RMN.

Rasband then appeals to authority again...with the August 12th letter. Which he makes clear is for ALL 16 million members worldwide. The outright FALSEHOODS in the letter are astounding, given the infallibility buildup he just constructed.

OUTRIGHT FALSE STATEMENTS INCLUDE:

1. Masks protect you from viruses
2. Social distancing protects you from viruses
3. Jab is safe
4. Jab is effective
5. Mass Jabbing the population is the ONLY way to end covid
6. Referring to covid as an unrelenting pandemic

Rasband then doubles down and triples down with his "I urge you to get jabbed" comments...with additional appeals to follow RMN. Then specifically says RMN's advice should SUPERCEDE the words of the African leaders.

This seven minute video is so damning. It is a plaintiffs DREAM COME TRUE. It proves Q15 gave medical advice to 16 million people. It proves that Q15 further pressured members to get the jab with appeals to authority with included guilt and shame for noncompliance. This medical advice was given with a KNOWN AT THE TIME...an untested, unproven, new mRNA tech which did not go well in previous animal trials, gene therapy drug...and many intelligent people including doctors worldwide (Barrington Declaration) were speaking out AGAINST it...including leaders in African nations.

We have to remember Q15 did not get it a little bit wrong here, a small percentage wrong, half wrong-half right...NO...they got it ALL wrong...as in 100% wrong...as in their advice got people injured and killed wrong.

And...as of 12-30-2022 not a hint of retraction, apology or even a warning of possible side effects (the CDC has even done this)...NO...just crickets.

This is NOT how God runs things!!!!!
Not matter what the Q15 says, we still need to use good old-fashioned "horse sense". God gave us a brain and we need to use it. What ever happened to "study it out" when trying to decide what is right for ourselves and our family?

D&C 9:8 But, behold, I say unto you, that you must study it out in your mind; then you must ask me if it be right, and if it is right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore, you shall feel that it is right.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Elder Renlund: "It seemed good to the Holy Ghost" to send the first presidency vaccination letter

Post by Robin Hood »

mtmom wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 9:47 am
Lemarque wrote: December 29th, 2022, 7:12 pm It was Rasband that spoke in Africa. Just found the video (thanks to Alexander)

I shake my head at comments like this from the press release about the meeting. https://news-africa.churchofjesuschrist ... lts-africa
Along with that came a clarion call to follow the living prophet. This, said Elder Sitati, “was especially relevant at a time when many are not vaccinated against COVID-19"
Thank you for posting this video! It illustrates just how INCREDIBLY WRONG and reckless Q15 actually were.

The interviewer asked Rasband a question: "Many high level leaders in Africa are NOT recommending the shot, how do you reconcile this?"

Rasband appeals to authority...NOT spiritual authority, NOT personal revelation for yourself, NOT ask God... but worldly authority...arm of the flesh authority. He says Q15 has this figured out, God told us, no need to trust ANYONE else but RMN and company. We got this from God, trust us...He literally says WE consider the jab a "miracle" a "Godsend" implying strongly it would be foolish not to follow RMN.

Rasband then appeals to authority again...with the August 12th letter. Which he makes clear is for ALL 16 million members worldwide. The outright FALSEHOODS in the letter are astounding, given the infallibility buildup he just constructed.

3. Jab is safe
4. Jab is effective

Rasband then doubles down and triples down with his "I urge you to get jabbed" comments...with additional appeals to follow RMN. Then specifically says RMN's advice should SUPERCEDE the words of the African leaders.

This seven minute video is so damning. It is a plaintiffs DREAM COME TRUE. It proves Q15 gave medical advice to 16 million people. It proves that Q15 further pressured members to get the jab with appeals to authority with included guilt and shame for noncompliance. This medical advice was given with a KNOWN AT THE TIME...an untested, unproven, new mRNA tech which did not go well in previous animal trials, gene therapy drug...and many intelligent people including doctors worldwide (Barrington Declaration) were speaking out AGAINST it...including leaders in African nations.

We have to remember Q15 did not get it a little bit wrong here, a small percentage wrong, half wrong-half right...NO...they got it ALL wrong...as in 100% wrong...as in their advice got people injured and killed wrong.

And...as of 12-30-2022 not a hint of retraction, apology or even a warning of possible side effects (the CDC has even done this)...NO...just crickets.

Not matter what the Q15 says, we still need to use good old-fashioned "horse sense". God gave us a brain and we need to use it. What ever happened to "study it out" when trying to decide what is right for ourselves and our family?

D&C 9:8 But, behold, I say unto you, that you must study it out in your mind; then you must ask me if it be right, and if it is right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore, you shall feel that it is right.
You make a very good point.
Too many Saints want God to micro-manage their lives.

I remember many years ago while on my mission, I felt we should go to a particular apartment bloc on the other side of the city. It was already late in the evening and it was a long bus ride away. So we prayed to ask if we should go.
The answer was along the lines of "what do you think?"

Rubicon
captain of 1,000

Post by Rubicon »

Robin Hood wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 10:29 am
You make a very good point.
Too many Saints want God to micro-manage their lives.

I remember many years ago while on my mission, I felt we should go to a particular apartment bloc on the other side of the city. It was already late in the evening and it was a long bus ride away. So we prayed to ask if we should go.
The answer was along the lines of "what do you think?"
President Dahlquist told us to pray, but that the answer would often come as we went about our work. In other words, don't wait in the apartment and refuse to leave until an answer comes.

Jashon
captain of 100

Post by Jashon »

Rubicon wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 7:47 am
Jashon wrote: December 31st, 2022, 11:53 am
Enhanced recall of biblical passages and other phraseology wasn't what was going on during the dictation . . . The Lord delivered words to him, even in the case of biblical quotations. First, we know that all the unfamiliar names were given to Joseph as words. Second, we know that any unfamiliar vocabulary items were given to Joseph as words.
I disagree that Joseph Smith was just a human fax machine and that God took over his brain and mouth in the dictation.
Third, we know that any unfamiliar phrasing, especially when it was old language – but not biblical or pseudo-biblical language – was given to Joseph as distinct wording.
We don't know this. This is the theory put forth by Royal Skousen and Stanford Carmack (the so-called "ghost committee" or Early Modern English theory), but it isn't very convincing, in my view. I think the archaic usages they insist are only from the 1500s were actually in use and percolating in New England in the 1820s.
Fourth, in the case of biblical passages, there are more than 500 differences from King James readings: complex and simple, large and small; so those passages were given to Joseph, already redacted.
When you say "given to Joseph," you are insisting that he read them off the stone --- or the God body-snatched his brain. A better view, in my opinion, is that Joseph dictated according to revelation to his "heart and mind" (which is what D&C 8 and 9 are about --- the translation process), and that he was led to utter key changes to large blocks of otherwise KJV passages.

This was a hot topic over a hundred years ago when B.H. Roberts went against your prevailing view that Joseph Smith simply read off the text that appeared in the seer stone in a new young men's manual
"God body-snatched his brain" • "Joseph Smith was just a human fax machine" • "God took over his brain and mouth" • "simply read off the text" • "so-called ghost committee". When you use dismissive language like this, I sense that you're working from a weak position. It took a lot of faith and effort to receive the text. It wasn't simple, like you seem to believe.

As pointed out, 2 Ne. 27:24 is quite clear on the matter; and in fact, other places in that chapter are as well. And because there are clear errors in the manuscript, this lets us know that God wasn't controlling Joseph Smith's dictation, against what you insinuate by some of your loaded phraseology. God gave him the words, and it was up to him and his scribes to do the best they could to get it down accurately. They were quite careful, but they didn't always succeed.

BH Roberts concluded, on the basis of bad grammar, that Joseph Smith came up with the language. One big problem, however, is that Roberts hadn't studied English grammar from a comparative / historical perspective, so his whole conclusion on this matter isn't reliable.

Many patterns of usage in the Book of Mormon argue against Joseph wording the text. Also, scores of vocabulary items. This is based on the crowd-sourced OED. The odds are very low that all these were in Joseph Smith's environment when the OED doesn't have a record of persistent usage. If there were only a few of these, that would be different. But there are many of these.

I disagree that D&C 9 is about the translation process. The speed of the dictation means that D&C 9's "study it out in your mind" isn't what was going on for word choices. Joseph wasn't repeatedly pausing for spiritual confirmation of word choices. That section is about whether the Lord also wanted Oliver to act as the "translator".

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Rubicon wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 7:47 am . . . . We don't know this. This is the theory put forth by Royal Skousen and Stanford Carmack (the so-called "ghost committee" or Early Modern English theory), but it isn't very convincing, in my view. I think the archaic usages they insist are only from the 1500s were actually in use and percolating in New England in the 1820s. . . . .
David Fischer in his book: Albion's Seed: Four British Folkways in America, quotes an early English visitor to the colonies in about the mid-1700s (maybe earlier), who was surprised to hear denizens of the hinterlands (possibly English borderlanders; but not Scotch Irish, per se) speaking what he described as Elizabethan English.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Jashon wrote: December 30th, 2022, 4:12 pm
Thinker wrote: December 29th, 2022, 9:26 pmActually, the BofM is not God, nor were the writers, translators & editors. They have flaws.
I bet you don't think that when Joseph Smith said the Book of Mormon was the most correct book he meant it didn't have flaws. How could it be the most correct book, then? I think it's because it's a book that came as directly as possible from God.
What makes cult mentality so evil is prioritizing others before God, “knowing not what they do.”

“...if there are faults they are the mistakes of men; wherefore, condemn not the things of God” - BofM Intro

"Search the scriptures, search the prophets, and learn what portion of them belongs to you." -Joseph Smith

RELIGIOUS MISUNDERSTANDINGS CAUSE UP TO 80% OF MENTAL ILLNESS
Eg:

*Racial prejudice, suggesting dark skin was God’s curse. 3Ne 2:15, Moses 7:8

2 Nephi 9 (?)- (Elder Stevensons recanted)
"The dark skin was placed upon the Lamanites so that they could be distinguished from the Nephites and to keep the two peoples from mixing [see 2 Nephi 5:21-23; Alma 3:6-10]. The dark skin was the sign of the curse. The curse was the withdrawal of the Spirit of the Lord [see 2 Nephi 5:20]. . . .

*Re:1Ne 6:4... )God of Abraham is old wine bottles, we should not believe in medicine or religion as mis-practiced anciently.

*Haunting ghosts: 2Ne 26:16

*Shame-based:
“Take away our reproach” 2Ne 14:1
“Curse of God” -Alma 23:18
“Wrath of God” & polarized thinking -Alma 40:14

*Whoever didn’t support Moroni’s “free government” was killed.” -Alma 46:35 & Alma 62:10
*Those who tried to flee were killed. Alma 62:25-26

They killed +2,000 Lamanites AFTER the Lamanites “surrendered themselves prisoners of war.” -Alma 57:14

“John W. Welch has identified at least 15 major wars or conflicts that spanned the history of Book of Mormon peoples (see chart below).1 A fair portion of the book of Alma (Alma 2–3, 16, 24–25, 43–62) sometimes provides excruciating details concerning the wars between the Lamanites and Nephites. Unforgettable is the tragic downfall of the Nephites at the battle of Cumorah, which resulted in unparalleled death and carnage (Mormon 1–6).”
https://knowhy.bookofmormoncentral.org/ ... -of-mormon

Now consider what you want to DAILY fill your mind with - war? Mafia (Helaman 6:17)? Does that produce the spirit and peace, or is it like watching the 5:00 bad news?
Last edited by Thinker on January 6th, 2023, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Thinker wrote: January 6th, 2023, 3:31 pm *Racial prejudice, suggesting dark skin was God’s curse. 3Ne 2:15, Moses 7:8
It was though.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Luke wrote: January 6th, 2023, 3:32 pm
Thinker wrote: January 6th, 2023, 3:31 pm *Racial prejudice, suggesting dark skin was God’s curse. 3Ne 2:15, Moses 7:8
It was though.
I don’t believe so, nor do other scriptures (if you insist on dogma)…

“The LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.” - 1Samuel 16:7

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Thinker wrote: January 6th, 2023, 3:35 pm
It was though.

“The LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.” - 1Samuel 16:7
Nephi didn't say what the curse was. He said the dark skin was so that the Lamanites wouldn't be enticing for his people to marry. Somewhere along the timeline, the Nephites began to believe that the curse was the dark skin, instead of it being cut off from God.

I know others read that differently, but that's what I see. I don't think God magically made Laman, Lemuel, and the Ishmaelites black. In fact, the natives in the Americas and South Seas are rarely dark enough to be considered black.

I think their skins were darker because they largely lived outside, whereas the Nephites built buildings and largely lived inside except for farming and taking care of their animals.

Wherefore, the word of the Lord was fulfilled which he spake unto me, saying that: Inasmuch as they will not hearken unto thy words they shall be cut off from the presence of the Lord. And behold, they were cut off from his presence.
And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.
(2 Nephi 5:20-21)

----------------
Behold, the Lamanites your brethren, whom ye hate because of their filthiness and the cursing which hath come upon their skins, are more righteous than you; for they have not forgotten the commandment of the Lord, which was given unto our father—that they should have save it were one wife, and concubines they should have none, and there should not be whoredoms committed among them.
(Jacob 3:5)

----------------
And the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a curse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion against their brethren, who consisted of Nephi, Jacob, and Joseph, and Sam, who were just and holy men.
(Alma 3:6)

----------------
And their curse was taken from them, and their skin became white like unto the Nephites
(3 Nephi 2:15)

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

And the scriptures plainly say that God is no respecter of persons, and that the gospel is free to all - bond and free, male and female, black and white (and any other color you want to label people). In that light, I see zero way that dark skin can be a curse, even if the Nephites soon conflated the skin color with the curse.

In fact, if people are exposed to a lot of heat (like in Africa, South America, and India, for example), the dark skin protects them from sun damage.

And we need to remember that Joseph was a product of his age. The wording in the book could have been a bit colored by his beliefs and paradigms.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Thinker wrote: January 6th, 2023, 3:35 pm
It was though.

The Lord put the curse on the Lamanites so the Nephites could easily identify and avoid them. So it had more to do with their identification by the Nephites.

The Lord also recognized that they treated their women and wives better than the Nephites in many cases; which is an example of Him looking at their hearts.

Ciams
captain of 100

Post by Ciams »

Pazooka wrote: January 1st, 2023, 1:59 pm
Ciams wrote: January 1st, 2023, 1:21 pm
InfoWarrior82 wrote: December 31st, 2022, 1:32 pm
Rubicon wrote: December 30th, 2022, 6:03 am

This is precisely the tactic the PR complex in the Church relies on right now (I think the Brethren should not cede and acquiesce so much to the PR people).

Where are you getting that they don't do Q&A any more? I think these still happen, but under tightly-controlled conditions.
It's that I, personally, have not heard of them doing this at all since the past year or so. If anyone here can speak to experiencing an open forum with one of the Q15 recently, I'd love to hear about it.

We had a zoom call with an apostle (and some others). He took questions. Some were predictable "why are we going along with secret combinations" types, other questions related to various struggles with keeping people active and gathered close to the church.
Well, what did he say about why we’re going along with secret combinations?
Nothing to write home about. Not going to name names as I wasn't given permission to share and I wouldn't share any conversation given in private without the understanding of those involved. Just confirming that, yes, there are still meetings, and awkward questions get asked.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

3. Jab is safe
4. Jab is effective

I wonder what Razzy is gonna say to the youth without the parents present?
140E1D90-1797-4786-99E2-3B8B6941045F.jpeg
140E1D90-1797-4786-99E2-3B8B6941045F.jpeg (202.22 KiB) Viewed 380 times

PressingForward
captain of 100

Post by PressingForward »

Mamabear wrote: January 8th, 2023, 6:45 am

3. Jab is safe
4. Jab is effective

Why the need to have no adults present? Red Flag….

Also, why edit the date and location of this performance?

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

PressingForward wrote: January 8th, 2023, 6:50 am

3. Jab is safe
4. Jab is effective

Red flag indeed!

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

PressingForward wrote: January 8th, 2023, 6:50 am

3. Jab is safe
4. Jab is effective

Most likely further brainwash the children into submission to their leaders…..To only follow them and never ask questions or critically think for themselves. They are panicking because they are losing youth quickly, so this a desperate move on their part.
This flyer is from Reddit…. If it were up to me the location would be visible so parents could go and listen uninvited and speak their minds.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Mamabear wrote: January 8th, 2023, 6:45 am I wonder what Razzy is gonna say to the youth without the parents present?
No leaders allowed? But don't we need a cadre of barely-awake old men up on the stand behind the speaker to make everything look official? What church is this even??

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

h_p wrote: January 8th, 2023, 9:16 am
Mamabear wrote: January 8th, 2023, 6:45 am I wonder what Razzy is gonna say to the youth without the parents present?
No leaders allowed? But don't we need a cadre of barely-awake old men up on the stand behind the speaker to make everything look official? What church is this even??
I've never heard of such a thing happening. Is this a first???

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Never fear, Razzy will have his entourage and security with him. It’s just the local yokel parents and leaders who can’t attend.

Are they going to frisk everyone and take their phones so no one can record the event? I hope there is at least one teen brave enough to record this, as well as other who take notes. Will they confiscate the notes?

What. Are. They. Hiding?!?!

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Probably only certain men leaders who are high up and brainwashed will be on the stand.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: January 8th, 2023, 9:29 am
I've never heard of such a thing happening. Is this a first???
Only vetted and certified 'yes' men allowed.

PeacefulProtests
captain of 100

Post by PeacefulProtests »

The Red Pill wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 3:03 pm
Fred wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 1:22 pm They just keep digging their pit deeper and deeper.
Yes indeed. I think the Church's Ensign Peak Advisors 150 Billion dollar slush fund will take a substantial hit...when the class action wrongful death lawsuits start POURING in.

If Dr. Peter McCullough, a cardiologist, knew in January 2021 that the jab was DEADLY...it's going to be difficult for RMN (a cardiologist) and company to claim they didn't know...
Well according to Wikipedia and the "Fact Checkers" Peter McCullough is a misinformation spreader so he likely has no idea what he's talking about......sarcasm...cough cough

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

3. Jab is safe
4. Jab is effective

Oh, hell NO!
OMDB
This grandma Would love to crash that party
Last edited by TwochurchesOnly on January 8th, 2023, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

TwochurchesOnly wrote: January 8th, 2023, 11:02 am

3. Jab is safe
4. Jab is effective

Oh, hell NO!
IKR?! Also, is it just me or does the flyer have a creepy WEF, UN, Batman or mob vibe to it?

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

This is what Razzy told young adults last January:

Of all the things he could address on Sunday night, Elder Ronald A. Rasband of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles said he had just one piece of advice that covers almost any circumstance people may face and will help them stay true to the Lord.

“Choose to follow God’s living Prophet. He is our watchman on the tower,” said Elder Rasband.

“Let me say that again,” he repeated. “Choose to follow God’s living Prophet and you will never be distanced from the Lord Jesus Christ.”

https://www.thechurchnews.com/2022/1/9/ ... -the-tower