Enoch Utah shooting - 8 Dead

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Enoch Utah shooting - 8 Dead

Post by Fred »

NY Times blocks me.
Here is one not blocked:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/utah-police- ... nside-home

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

So some freak must have killed the whole family and then did his/her self. Why can't these narcissists just kill themselves.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Isn't that the town that was sent up, elevated? Or some such?
dc

technomagus
captain of 50

Post by technomagus »

Its in Southern UT, next to Cedar City. Word is that it was a murder suicide.
Enoch city is not the biblical Enoch, Obviously.

Chamberlain
captain of 10

Post by Chamberlain »

Craig Johnson wrote: January 4th, 2023, 10:58 pm So some freak must have killed the whole family and then did his/her self. Why can't these narcissists just kill themselves.
He did kill himself, they're saying it was a murder-suicide.
Apparently his wife served him divorce papers a week or so before...

Pseudonym
captain of 100

Post by Pseudonym »

Craig Johnson wrote: January 4th, 2023, 10:58 pm So some freak must have killed the whole family and then did his/her self. Why can't these narcissists just kill themselves.
We do not know critical details in many of these horrible incidents. However, I do have a theory based pm what is changing in our society. All drugs (especially prescription drugs) have side effects that are researched by the FDA. But there is little or no research on side effects of combined drugs. It is possible that if a person is taking more than one drug they may develop unresearched side effects. Statistically is a person is taking 5 or more drugs there will be interference which will cause unresearched side effects.
Often if a person has serious mental illness they may be prescribed a psychotropic drug. If they also take illegal drugs (including cannabis or marijuana - which has psychoactive properties) it is possible that the individual will (or can) develop homicidal behaviors. The problem is that HIPAA laws prohibit the release of drugs that a person is using – even for evidence in court. So we will never know what drugs a homicidal individual may have been using when these heinous murders (that are becoming more common) are committed.

NeveR
captain of 1,000

Post by NeveR »

Unless I know someone directly involved or personally know and trust an eyewitness or see some very powerful direct evidence, I no longer assume any of these trauma-inducing incidents are as reported. .

From this distance & with just the media and establishment to go on, I don't think we can have any clue about what happened - if anything.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

NeveR wrote: January 5th, 2023, 11:48 pm Unless I know someone directly involved or personally know and trust an eyewitness or see some very powerful direct evidence, I no longer assume any of these trauma-inducing incidents are as reported. .

From this distance & with just the media and establishment to go on, I don't think we can have any clue about what happened - if anything.
Well something happened. Eight people are dead.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

Like NR said, eight people are reportedly/purportedly dead.

She makes a good point. It’s really hard to know what, if anything, you can believe.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

So sad. What we can do is LEARN as much as we can so it doesn’t happen again. Things like this tend to build up - & with multiple red flags (ie stresses like divorce, job loss & medication interactions etc). Hopefully people can learn that killing/suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem… there is always hope even if it feels hopeless!

“… It's also not known what led to Tausha filing for divorce.

In the briefing Thursday, Enoch City Manager Rob Dotson said authorities received a call Wednesday that Tausha had missed a previously scheduled appointment. When Tausha was not located, a missing person report was submitted to the Cedar City Police Department due to Michael's office being in that location.

Michael Haight was listed as an Allstate Insurance agent with an office in Cedar City, but a family friend told FOX 13 News that the 42-year-old had left the company within the last week.

"Once determined Michael's home address was in Enoch City, the missing person report was passed to Enoch City officers, at which point the welfare check to locate Tausha became an effort to locate the entire family," Dotson explained.

The welfare check was performed at the home at 4 p.m. and the bodies of the family were found inside. There is no timeline of when the family was killed, but Enoch City Mayor Geoffrey Chesnut said witnesses saw members of the Haight family at a church activity on Tuesday night.

Enoch City police chief Jackson Ames said his department was "familiar" with the family and had been "involved in some investigations with the family a couple years prior," but did not elaborate on the reason...”
https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-new ... enoch-home

After searching, I’d guess there is a distant relation with the late GA David B Haight - probably back to 1700’s?…

From a comment:
“It's an unfortunate old-school Cedar City superstition that the Haight family is cursed thanks to the whole Mountain Meadows Massacre thing and being descended from Isaac C. Haight. The family's got a history of mental illness and mental handicaps. Occasionally you still hear people bring it up, but the people who tend to do so seem to miss that their own relatives were probably equally involved and we're all related, so don't get too smug.
With that stupid tidbit being said, yes. Absolutely there's a family history there.”

A similar thing happened in Utah 2014:
“Spanish Fork… Lindon police officer shot and killed his wife, two young children and his mother-in-law, before killing himself…” https://www.deseret.com/2014/1/17/20533 ... anish-fork

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

Tragic and sad.

Unanswered questions:

1. Why was the divorce filed?
2. Was Michael (husband) acting "normal" before the filing?
3. Was Michael on any "antidepressants" at the time of the murders?
4. Why no neighbors heard gunshots? Silencer used?
5. Was there any history of domestic disturbance?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

The Red Pill wrote: January 6th, 2023, 3:41 pm Tragic and sad.

Unanswered questions:

1. Why was the divorce filed?
2. Was Michael (husband) acting "normal" before the filing?
3. Was Michael on any "antidepressants" at the time of the murders?
4. Why no neighbors heard gunshots? Silencer used?
5. Was there any history of domestic disturbance?
If it was an abusive situation, leaving and/or filing for divorce is the most dangerous time.

Some people in my ward in southeastern AZ had a daughter married to an abusive man. They had kids. I don't remember if it was 4 or 5. Anyway, she had a restraining order on him, but he told her that he had signed the divorce papers and to come to the motel and get them. She did - without a police officer present - he shot and killed her, then himself. My friend and her husband were left to raise the kids. She was working, so her husband did it and pretty much left them to themselves as he didn't actually know how to be a parent even though he was a retired school teacher.

I don't know what finally happened to the kids. It was a tragedy all around. :cry:

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Whoever wrote this obit for this psychopathic murderer is unhinged.
https://www.thespectrum.com/obituaries/sgs027100

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Nearly always a "he", I'm afraid. When women do kill their families but it's usually by poisoning, crashing a car or jumping out of a window etc... not guns usually.

They look almost a poster family for Mormonism. You could see these types in many wards in many places. 😔 God bless those whose lives were cut short and those they leave behind.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

A friend sent me this. She found it online. I can't vouch for it's accuracy but if true, I could see why things ended as they did.

M1.jpeg
M1.jpeg (318.41 KiB) Viewed 481 times
Attachments
M2.jpg
M2.jpg (135.36 KiB) Viewed 481 times

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Mamabear wrote: January 14th, 2023, 1:02 pm Whoever wrote this obit for this psychopathic murderer is unhinged.
I get a page that says
We're sorry, we can't find that page.

Return to obituaries

It's even excluded from the Wayback Machine. :(

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Silver Pie wrote: January 17th, 2023, 5:18 pm
Mamabear wrote: January 14th, 2023, 1:02 pm Whoever wrote this obit for this psychopathic murderer is unhinged.
I get a page that says
We're sorry, we can't find that page.

Return to obituaries

It's even excluded from the Wayback Machine. :(
It was pulled from the website.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50559661/ob ... er-website

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

cyclOps wrote: January 17th, 2023, 5:59 pmIt was pulled from the website.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50559661/ob ... er-website
Thanks. That helped.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Anyone know if they were LDS? Active?

Edit. Nevermind, it is answered in a post above that I missed. They were.
Last edited by tribrac on January 17th, 2023, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Then next question, does anyone know if someone from 50 North Temple attended the funeral or spoke to the ward recently?

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

gkearney wrote: January 6th, 2023, 3:08 am
NeveR wrote: January 5th, 2023, 11:48 pm Unless I know someone directly involved or personally know and trust an eyewitness or see some very powerful direct evidence, I no longer assume any of these trauma-inducing incidents are as reported. .

Well something happened. Eight people are dead.
So the TV says. They told us George Floyd was dead too and then we saw the staged videos with a mannequin from somebody else's cell phone. Skater Tony hawk pretended to be Robbie Parker and cried his guts out about his pretend dead Sandy Hook kid who doesn't even exist..... They also told us Epstein killed himself, Biden won, and Michelle Obama's a girl. Yeah something prolly happened all right. Television "programming" happened.

Craigslist has been advertising for crisis actors and people to stage stuff like this. I have found those ads on southern Utah Craigslist myself.

Anybody know anyone connected to this in real life we can ask? (Given they haven't signed an ndr to keep the false flag hush hush.)

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

@FoxMamma
This kind of crap does happen, it just usually doesn’t get televised like this.
My ex walked through a stalking order and a protective order. He tried running me over twice and I could go on. Miraculously I’m still alive. But nothing I went through was televised.
This shooting could be used to push an agenda for sure but it would be good to find out more before throwing this all out. There are crazies out there and I know a few of us have been married to them, unfortunately.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

FoundMyEden wrote: January 17th, 2023, 6:24 pm @FoxMamma
This kind of crap does happen, it just usually doesn’t get televised like this.
My ex walked through a stalking order and a protective order. He tried running me over twice and I could go on. Miraculously I’m still alive. But nothing I went through was televised.
This shooting could be used to push an agenda for sure but it would be good to find out more before throwing this all out. There are crazies out there and I know a few of us have been married to them, unfortunately.
I'm so sorry you've been through those things. I have tons of empathy! I've been through stuff people on this forum would not believe could happen in America. Insane stuff like we see on TV. Not only have I not been able to get help, but nothing has been made public in any way. Probably in part because I'd own half the state of Utah and part of Oregon and Idaho too.

But real stories don't make it to the news very often. I think it's mostly programming to manipulate the mood for the month. I mean they told us "covid" and then the whole world shut down because people watched the news. 🤷‍♀️

If the news did its job and wasn't just a propaganda factory we would have a completely different world.