Shadow People + Poll

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

Have you ever seen something like Shadow People?

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 61
Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Shadow People + Poll

Post by Lexew1899 »

An oddity to discuss.

From the popular paranormal radio show Coast to Coast AM, Art Bell, launched the term "Shadow People" into our lexicon. A traditional definition of a Shadow Person would be an entity that has the form of a man, yet seems to absorb light, rather than reflect it, sometimes having white or red eyes or none visible at all. Shadow People has become a bit of a catch-all term, often used to describe things such as the Old Hag, Hatman, Slender Man, Incubus, and Succubus.

I myself have also encountered something that could be described as a Shadow Person, in the form of the Grim Reaper. While some people have tried to cast the Shadow People off as an artifact of things like sleep paralysis or simple visual hallucinations, I think it might be a sign of something else, perhaps an actual entity, or a collection of similar things. So I launched this poll and post for people to discuss this matter.

Have you ever seen something similar to Shadow People?

Do you think these are demonic entities? Or something else?

Here are a few videos discussing this phenomenon.
I am open to the possibility it might be something other than a figment of our imagination, or complete imagination. Sleep paralysis is the most logical explanation, and where I have seen this entity myself. A popular representation that people report seeing is what has been termed, Hat Man. Which oddly is seen in many different cultures worldwide.
Hatman
Old Hag
Succubus

Thank AI for drawing these pictures for me btw.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Re: Shadow People + Poll

Post by iWriteStuff »

thanks in advance for the nightmares, Lex.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

I've seen them lots of times. I used to be on a paranormal investigation team in SLC and we saw them all the time. Of course i joined the team in the first place because I wanted to learn more about all the things I could see, including shadow people.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: December 26th, 2022, 8:41 am I've seen them lots of times. I used to be on a paranormal investigation team in SLC and we saw them all the time. Of course i joined the team in the first place because I wanted to learn more about all the things I could see, including shadow people.
My preference is angels of light that connect with a certain Name as per march8miracle.org.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

I think they're real and they're in our imaginations, that is simply the method by which they communicate their hatred and malevolence.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

BeNotDeceived wrote: December 26th, 2022, 9:06 am
FoxMammaWisdom wrote: December 26th, 2022, 8:41 am I've seen them lots of times. I used to be on a paranormal investigation team in SLC and we saw them all the time. Of course i joined the team in the first place because I wanted to learn more about all the things I could see, including shadow people.
My preference is angels of light that connect with a certain Name as per march8miracle.org.
Having a thin veil is kind of like going to Walmart. You don't get to choose who you see all the time. 🤷‍♀️

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

That's interesting. Care to elaborate any more on seeing them? What do you think they are?

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Lexew1899 wrote: December 26th, 2022, 6:56 am
From the popular paranormal radio show Coast to Coast AM, Art Bell, launched the term "Shadow People" into our lexicon.
I love listening to old episodes of Art Bell's show! I think I have seen shadow people out of the corner of my eye. I've had sleep paralysis around 10-15 times in my life and I think it is a very explainable, natural phenomenon but two of the times I had it were significantly worse than the other times and I believe they featured a paranormal/shadow people element to then. These two times featured a shadow-y, human-like figure visible before me or an intense physical sensation of something pushing down on my chest.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

BuriedTartaria wrote: December 26th, 2022, 9:44 am
Lexew1899 wrote: December 26th, 2022, 6:56 am
From the popular paranormal radio show Coast to Coast AM, Art Bell, launched the term "Shadow People" into our lexicon.
I love listening to old episodes of Art Bell's show! I think I have seen shadow people out of the corner of my eye. I've had sleep paralysis around 10-15 times in my life and I think it is a very explainable, natural phenomenon but two of the times I had it were significantly worse than the other times and I believe they featured a paranormal/shadow people element to then. These two times featured a shadow-y, human-like figure visible before me or an intense physical sensation of something pushing down on my chest.
I would tend to agree that sleep paralysis is a reasonable explanation for many cases. The only problem I have with that is when two or more people have the same experience at the same time. This leads me to think that there may be some type of entity that can induce a sleep paralysis effect. Then, many people report seeing these things while being wide awake, also in groups. So while sleep paralysis might explain some, it doesn't explain all.

BTW, you can listen to many old Art Bell episodes of Coast to Coast AM if you have Spotify. I listen to it all the time. Such a great show to listen to during work. A lot of times my coworker and I listen and crack jokes about it. But from time to time there are very odd and interesting things that make me want to go and read more about a subject. If anything, the show makes you open your eyes to weird possibilities in the world.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Lexew1899 wrote: December 26th, 2022, 9:49 am

I would tend to agree that sleep paralysis is a reasonable explanation for many cases. The only problem I have with that is when two or more people have the same experience at the same time. This leads me to think that there may be some type of entity that can induce a sleep paralysis effect. Then, many people report seeing these things while being wide awake, also in groups. So while sleep paralysis might explain some, it doesn't explain all.
I completely agree! I've read the scientific explanation and I can see it being right, but like I said, there were two times that were so much more intense and visually odd. In one of these two instances, I saw something move from under my bed (as if I were looking through its eyes) and then it moved to my chest and I felt a very real, extremely physical sensation of something pushing down on my chest in an antagonistic manner.

The other time, I was frozen and aware that I was asleep but also awake (typical sleep paralysis) and I just saw this human-like figure standing next to me (comparable to the hag lady image in your post). I wanted to completely wake up and move so bad. I was terrified.

As you said, it seems there is something more to sleep paralysis

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Highly antisemitic topic.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

abijah wrote: December 26th, 2022, 10:06 am Highly antisemitic topic.
How so? Shadow people are from the cursed tribe? Fitting That the name Judas means Judah. The house of Judah became a cursed traitor.

“The name Judas is the Greek form of the Hebrew name Judah” Judah means “praise”

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

I'm surprised by the poll. Never heard of this before.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Bronco73idi wrote: December 26th, 2022, 10:42 am
How so? Shadow people are from the cursed tribe? Fitting That the name Judas means Judah. The house of Judah became a cursed traitor.

“The name Judas is the Greek form of the Hebrew name Judah” Judah means “praise”
... I'm gonna guess he was making a funny

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

I dealt with this from age six or so to 17 and it almost cost me my life. I have read many of these accounts and so many mirror mine even in the specifics but I did not ever experience the paralysis. I believe the vast majority of accounts are true and there are likely hundreds of millions to billions of these experiences.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Cruiserdude wrote: December 26th, 2022, 10:47 am
Bronco73idi wrote: December 26th, 2022, 10:42 am

... I'm gonna guess he was making a funny
Probably, he goes pretty deep into topics and I enjoy it. 😉

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: December 26th, 2022, 10:45 am I'm surprised by the poll. Never heard of this before.
Seems to be something that has affected humanity for several thousand years. The Why Files video is rather comprehensive, though I understand people might not want to watch a 30 minute video on it. It seems like different cultures have placed different characters as the culprit.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

They're called demons. Art Bell never came up with this phrase. The only peculiarly American thing here is the hat man.
Last edited by Niemand on December 26th, 2022, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Bronco73idi wrote: December 26th, 2022, 10:42 am “The name Judas is the Greek form of the Hebrew name Judah” Judah means “praise”
Yes. This concept of "praise" is probably best reflected in the 'Like' 👍 systems of our social medias.

A quantifiable thing, a unit of measure to determine one's praiseworthy-ness, a thing as real as riches.

Not all power is money 💵

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

oneClimbs wrote: December 26th, 2022, 10:51 am I dealt with this from age six or so to 17 and it almost cost me my life. I have read many of these accounts and so many mirror mine even in the specifics but I did not ever experience the paralysis. I believe the vast majority of accounts are true and there are likely hundreds of millions to billions of these experiences.
Could you elaborate a bit on what happened?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Bronco73idi wrote: December 26th, 2022, 10:42 am How so? Shadow people are from the cursed tribe? Fitting That the name Judas means Judah. The house of Judah became a cursed traitor.

One of Jesus' brothers was called Judas.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

So would you agree they're demons/demonic or something else?

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Niemand wrote: December 26th, 2022, 11:04 am They're called demons. Art Bell never came up with this phrase. The only peculiarly American thing here is the hat man.
Demons are a strong possibility.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Niemand wrote: December 26th, 2022, 12:19 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: December 26th, 2022, 10:42 am How so? Shadow people are from the cursed tribe? Fitting That the name Judas means Judah. The house of Judah became a cursed traitor.

One of Jesus' brothers was called Judas.
Are you sure?

Jude or Judas, son of James.

James was brother through marriage to Jesus because of Jospeh and his first wife. Mark 16:1 says “and Mary the mother of James, and Salome,”

Maybe a different James or Jospeh was a polygamist……

😂

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

I’ve felt constrained to hearken to the Spirit recently. Over the past several months there have been about a half-dozen times where I knew I had to submit to the Spirit or there would be great consequences. The linked experience put me over the edge to repent and start changing my ways.

I just had an experience last week (first time since linked experience) where I sinned in my dream—usually I resist subconsciously. In my dream, I shut the door and saw a shadow figure move in the corner of my eye. I knew what it was. Next thing I know I see the demon crawling on my bed—the first time I’ve seen one in such great detail; it was terrifying. I’m never able to get the words out to cast out these demons because of my paralysis state. I woke up to my wife waking me up trying to calm me; the demon I saw was replaced by her waking me up just as if any sunlight kills off a vampire—whereas I was seeing the demon, my vision adjusted until I saw my wife. I don’t know what that means. I don’t think she’s evil or anything, but just a reflection of the consciousness of my own demons or mind tricks or something. Anyways, I didn’t know sinning in my dreams could affect me this way; guess my need to repent goes deep into my sub-conscience.

Shadow figures are not just during sleep paralysis; I’ve also seen them with my natural eyes (and I think anyone can see them).

I just remembered about a TV series called “Evil” about a demon from sleep paralysis. It’s pretty good actually.