Thank goodness the church sent reps to the signing!

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Thank goodness the church sent reps to the signing!

Post by LDS Physician »

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2022/12 ... den-signs/

It's so nice to see 70s rubbing shoulders with homosexuals, bisexuals, sodomites, drag queens, and other upstanding citizens. It's wise to be seen with these people as they celebrate the legalization of homosexual marriage in the Promised Land.

I'm certain that Nephi, Moroni, etc. would be so proud.

Why do you all think the church

1) voiced publicly their support of this bill
2) showed up to celebrate at its signing

And don't say it's because of the religious freedom provisions because those were already in the works prior to the church's public statement of support ... and they were already passed into the signed bill -- there was no good reason to be seen celebrating this event.

Ok, apologists ... squirm away. I've got my popcorn out.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Re: Thank goodness the church sent reps to the signing!

Post by LDS Physician »

I mean:

Do you support or promote any teachings, practices, or doctrine contrary to those of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

Church leadership can't answer this question in the negative ... they're literally seen here by the world supporting a practice that is contrary to those of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

And wait.

Just how was our church in attendance at this event? That question should make a person wonder.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

"the Utah-based faith reaffirmed its belief in male-female marriage "

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

lundbaek wrote: December 18th, 2022, 8:55 pm "the Utah-based faith reaffirmed its belief in male-female marriage "
...by showing up to the signing of legislation doing the exact opposite. It makes total sense now.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

LDS Physician wrote: December 18th, 2022, 8:17 pm https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2022/12 ... den-signs/

It's so nice to see 70s rubbing shoulders with homosexuals, bisexuals, sodomites, drag queens, and other upstanding citizens. It's wise to be seen with these people as they celebrate the legalization of homosexual marriage in the Promised Land.

I'm certain that Nephi, Moroni, etc. would be so proud.

Why do you all think the church

1) voiced publicly their support of this bill
2) showed up to celebrate at its signing

And don't say it's because of the religious freedom provisions because those were already in the works prior to the church's public statement of support ... and they were already passed into the signed bill -- there was no good reason to be seen celebrating this event.

Ok, apologists ... squirm away. I've got my popcorn out.
Sigh...

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

lundbaek wrote: December 18th, 2022, 8:55 pm "the Utah-based faith reaffirmed its belief in male-female marriage "
Of course we believe in male-female marriage. We now also believe that LGBTQ folk have the right to same-sex marriage. It seems we have just added further light and knowledge to our belief system.

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Post by Letfreedumbring »

LDS Physician wrote: December 18th, 2022, 8:20 pm I mean:

Do you support or promote any teachings, practices, or doctrine contrary to those of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

Church leadership can't answer this question in the negative ... they're literally seen here by the world supporting a practice that is contrary to those of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I can see Nelson coming back with, "It depends on what your definition of rainbow is"

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Letfreedumbring wrote: December 18th, 2022, 9:03 pm
LDS Physician wrote: December 18th, 2022, 8:20 pm I mean:

I can see Nelson coming back with, "It depends on what your definition of rainbow is"
Go take a look at the "Original Sin" thread I just started. We're going to be specifically addressing this over there in the coming days, weeks, and months with specific, documentary evidence to support our position.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Lizzy60 wrote: December 18th, 2022, 9:02 pm
Of course we believe in male-female marriage. We now also believe that LGBTQ folk have the right to same-sex marriage. It seems we have just added further light and knowledge to our belief system.
And by the church's own statement, we've always believed they had that right, since it's something that needed to be preserved. Just like Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia. How do you say you were wrong, without saying you were wrong? Just ask a church leader. They practically invented the technique.

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

This is bad, unwise, and evil. Even though it prohibits the IRS from stripping churches of their tax exempt status (the ONLY positive thing, and some would argue that point too), this bill leaves other organizations and individuals open to that risk. And what will stop the bill from being amended later if LGBT "rights" become political. Does the language of the bill stop harassment lawsuits based on other anti-discrimination laws, present or future? Of course not.

From the article: “The Respect for Marriage Act shows that we do not have to cater to the far right’s extreme voices in order to protect freedom of religion — quite the opposite,” Bobby boy Tabor wrote in a news release. “Instead, we can come together through the democratic process, engage in good faith and find common ground.” Far right EXTREME voices"? That's you and me.

Joel Skousen makes a good point:
"This harkens back to the compromise the LDS Church made with anti-discrimination laws in Utah and Arizona—that prohibited private discrimination as long as the law carved out an exception for the LDS Church in the name of “religious liberty,” as if religious liberty was different for the Church than its members!"

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

"WE don't do the whole lying thing, but we're totally in support of YOU doing it!"

"WE don't do the whole stealing thing, but we're totally in support of YOU doing it!"

"WE don't do the whole adultery thing, but we're totally in support of YOU doing it!"

Insert any sin here...

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

InfoWarrior82 wrote: December 18th, 2022, 9:15 pm "WE don't do the whole lying thing, but we're totally in support of YOU doing it!"

"WE don't do the whole stealing thing, but we're totally in support of YOU doing it!"

"WE don't do the whole adultery thing, but we're totally in support of YOU doing it!"

Insert any sin here...
We don't do the actual not being ashamed of Jesus Christ/defense of his principles in public, we support YOU.
We don't do the physical labor of cleaning facilities or hard job of changing lives, we will think of YOU while traveling to Rome

We don't do the whole going on missions/preaching the gospel and bearing the burden of its ridicule, we ... YOU
(Nelson joined Skull and Bones rather than going on a mission, others didn't too, but these men know what you should be doing better than YOU do)

... real apologizing to people hurt by hair brained corporate programs ... mistake by YOU
... health issues acquired from mantras inspired by corporate jockeying for position ... not enough faith by YOU
... mental health challenges from one size fits all corporate messages ... [updated] pills/counseling are for YOU

Don't YOU people get it - we are the people persons and the revelatory persons. We can't be expected to get down side by side working as fellow laborers in Zion with YOU people.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Have you ever stopped to ponder the possibility that it is not the church that is wrong, but your idea of what the church is supposed to be that is wrong?

I think about that sometimes....

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

tribrac wrote: December 18th, 2022, 10:00 pm Have you ever stopped to ponder the possibility that it is not the church that is wrong, but your idea of what the church is supposed to be that is wrong?

I think about that sometimes....
I’ve posed the question before… can you define the Church of Christ using only the BoM? That search brings about some interesting discrepancies to the generally held beliefs.

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

LDS Physician wrote: December 18th, 2022, 8:17 pm Ok, apologists ... squirm away. I've got my popcorn out.
I know your thoughts.

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

I think about that all the time until I read everything that they purport to be and tell us to believe about them.
Lately, after enough introspection and time/evidence given by them and lack thereof - it doesn't add up. Something is off.

It is as Gordon B. Hinckley says (and others I might add):

"...Either the church is true, or it is a fraud, there is no middle ground..."
(April 2003 General Conference, Loyalty)

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

FreeDums for everybodies.

And we gets to keepsies our precious.

Tax exemptions.

503c.

The one ring to rule thems all.

Banksters.

Ruling dummies since...

Well.

Foreva.

Sir H

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

The Church I grew up in...is Jack Nicholson.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

Letfreedumbring wrote: December 18th, 2022, 10:22 pm It is as Gordon B. Hinckley says (and others I might add):

This polarizing ideology is designed to make the members either blindly subservient or hate religion period.

I’d be willing to wager that Mormonism has the highest rate of atheism post-membership.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: December 19th, 2022, 8:11 am
Letfreedumbring wrote: December 18th, 2022, 10:22 pm It is as Gordon B. Hinckley says (and others I might add):

This polarizing ideology is designed to make the members either blindly subservient or hate religion period.

I’d be willing to wager that Mormonism has the highest rate of atheism post-membership.

Indeed.

No other church has as big of a claim we have. Think about it. We have a group of 15 men who claim to speak to God and that God speaks to them and also claim to have all the priesthood power to accomplish the miracles we read about in the scriptures..... While at the same time... producing none of it.

How long would a recently-hired computer programmer last if that person lied in his interview?

A week? Perhaps, but what if this guy was the son of the CEO?

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: December 19th, 2022, 8:11 am

It's more than saying it is true or false; there are other Christian religions that say that about their church. It is the attitude of members and the way they treat others if they leave. It is they are apostate, have lost the light and are now given over to Satan.

Other churches that proclaim they are true, simply believe that God will orchestrate their path to find God and that they will eventually come back.

Generic User
captain of 10

Post by Generic User »

Matthew 23
1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat:
3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,
6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

🤣

CaptainM
captain of 100

Post by CaptainM »

5 And thus, if the people of this generation harden not their hearts, I will work a reformation among them, and I will put down all lyings, and deceivings, and priestcrafts, and envyings, and strifes, and idolatries, and sorceries, and all manner of iniquities, and I will establish my church, like unto the church which was taught by my disciples in the days of old.
6 And now if this generation do harden their hearts against my word, behold I will deliver them up unto satan, for he reigneth and hath much power at this time, for he hath got great hold upon the hearts of the people of this generation: and not far from the iniquities of Sodom and Gomorrah, do they come at this time: and behold the sword of justice hangeth over their heads, and if they persist in the hardness of their hearts, the time cometh that it must fall upon them. Behold I tell you these things even as I also told the people of the distruction of Jerusalem, and my word shall be verified at this time as it hath hitherto been verified.
7 And now I command my servant Joseph to repent, and walk more uprightly before me, and yield to the persuasions of men no more; and that he be firm in keeping the commandments wherewith I have commanded him; and if he doeth this, behold I grant unto him eternal life, even if he should be slain. (Book of Commandments 4)

In Christ. Best wishes...