Stew Peters 15-minute Flat Earth Segment

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
CaptainM
captain of 100

Re: Stew Peters 15-minute Flat Earth Segment

Post by CaptainM »

Highly recommended…

https://youtu.be/JKdRtRr3O-I

In Christ. Best wishes

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

davedan wrote: December 10th, 2022, 10:17 pm foucault pendulum
This is an interesting one. Just basing this on what I've read (full disclaimer), a foucault can only indicate rotation of the earth and you would see precession on a rotating flat earth, too. I don't think any flat-earther is going to be willing or able to state that the earth doesn't rotate, and that's fair.

However, the big difference, and this is a significant one, is that a foucault will precess at different rates on a round earth: 24 hours to complete a full rotation at the poles, and not at all at the equator. The further north or south you go, the faster it will precess. But on a rotating flat earth, every foucault in the world would precess at exactly the same rate.

You'd see the same thing with those laser gyroscopes that are used for navigation in aircraft and missiles. I would think with one of those, you could calculate your exact latitude north or south anywhere in the world. I'd love to see one of those Antarctic expedition cruises use one to show everybody how far south they actually are.

silverado
captain of 100

Post by silverado »

New York is 6,865 km from Bratislava Slovakia and the direct airline flight takes about 8 hours. Capetown South Africa is 6,865 km from Buenos Aires Argentina and the direct airline flight takes about 8 1/3 to 9 hours. On the flat earth map, Buenos Aires and Capetown are much farther apart than New York and Bratislava. Yet the flight time is almost the same. Airplanes fly faster near the edge?

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

h_p wrote: December 11th, 2022, 8:13 am I don't think any flat-earther is going to be willing or able to state that the earth doesn't rotate
I'm pretty sure they all say that.

Foucault Pendulums are junk science, they have been known to change directions are their own. It's a dumb idea to begin with considering the entire pendulum is connected to the earth.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Shawn Henry wrote: December 11th, 2022, 1:39 pm
h_p wrote: December 11th, 2022, 8:13 am I don't think any flat-earther is going to be willing or able to state that the earth doesn't rotate

Foucault Pendulums are junk science, they have been known to change directions are their own. It's a dumb idea to begin with considering the entire pendulum is connected to the earth.
They all say the earth doesn't rotate? What do they base that on?

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

h_p wrote: December 11th, 2022, 3:26 pm

The sun, moon, and stars are rotating while the earth is fixed.

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

h_p wrote: December 11th, 2022, 3:26 pm

Not literally. I’ve seen a few who surmise the geocentric earth is spinning under a dome. I’ve also seen some who believe the earth is shaped like a shallow bowl. There are also some amazing models, such as the earth being in layers. It takes all kinds, apparently. There is also some amazing conjecture about what is underground at the North Pole and Antarctica.

Oh, and there is also a geocentric ball theory. But I think the preponderance of scripture supports the flat and stationary model, so Shawn is right, in general.

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

CaptainM wrote: December 11th, 2022, 3:30 am Highly recommended…

https://youtu.be/JKdRtRr3O-I

In Christ. Best wishes

Just one hour into this, and it’s excellent! Very easy to follow, even the math. Thank you for sharing it.

gradles21
captain of 1,000

Post by gradles21 »

BenMcCrea wrote: December 9th, 2022, 1:04 pm
from take off to landing it look approximately 3 hrs. He landed 37 miles to the EAST of his launch point, and the capsule landed 55 miles EAST of Felix's landing site. I guess the earth decided not to rotate that day.