Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post calls to action or information about events, meetings, or lectures that are liberty and/or gospel related.
Post Reply
EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 10781

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by EmmaLee »

BroJones wrote: December 8th, 2022, 5:08 pm
EmmaLee wrote: December 8th, 2022, 4:27 pm
BroJones wrote: December 8th, 2022, 4:06 pm "etc. etc. etc. were dated 2020 - so I guess the plandemic took most of their minds off of the horrible people here on LDSFF. Isn't that nice.""

OK - and yes, that is a nice change. Great group of people at AVOW now.
And I should add that I frequently disagree with Christopher - but he posts a lot, so perhaps that is expected.

I express my disagreement often, and that's OK there. No harsh words towards me for doing so...
They're all the same people, Bro Jones. Every person that made nasty comments about LDSFF in 2020 is STILL there on AVOW. Very easy to see and check that. Please, for the love of all that is holy, stop trying to defend them when all the evidence is there for people to see. You're a scientist! Evidence, and seeing things with your own eyes, should mean something to you, for Pete's sake.

I'm glad you don't receive harsh words there - but that's most likely because they view you as a type of celebrity - you're a big name in LDS 'last days' type of forums - and they don't want to lose your presence there, as they think it brings the forum status of some sort. It was the same with Julie Rowe, Chad Daybell, and other LDS pseudo-celebrities. Some people on LDSFF obviously view you in that light, as well. So maybe consider that 'regular' people without well-known names don't get treated as nicely as you do on AVOW. At any rate, I was able to prove what I claimed about AVOW, so...
I just don't believe it: "They're all the same people, Bro Jones. Every person that made nasty comments about LDSFF in 2020 is STILL there on AVOW. Very easy to see and check that."

If easy, then list the names of those who "made nasty comments about LDSFF in 2020". and I will then check on AVOW and determine IF " STILL there on AVOW."

Interesting exercise, I guess.

Anyway, I just think folks on AVOW are much nicer than the way you are treating me. Much. And the discussion there is interesting also...
I'm sorry you feel that way. You engaged me first though, with what most normal people would consider an attack - you put words in my mouth, and essentially called me a liar - but I'm the one not treating you nicely. Got it. This whole back and forth with you began when you didn't like my opinion of AVOW. So I showed you their own hateful words about LDSFF - and still you defend them and whine about the way I'm treating you?? I think maybe you being treated like a demi-god here and on AVOW for years has gone to your head a little or something. Sad, because I've defended YOU several times right here on LDSFF (which you've never thanked me for, btw) with people who thought you were fake, not the "real" Dr. Jones (like "NeveR", as just one example), etc. but that counts for nothing. We've even met in person once - talked for a few minutes. But none of that matters - just that I have a different opinion of AVOW. Oh well.

Here's a partial list - you can do any further research on your own, if you want; I'm done with this -

Aussie - no "last seen" date - not sure what that means
hustleyourbustle - Last seen Dec 1, 2022
e-eye - Last seen Yesterday at 10:35 PM
Adam2203 - Last seen Today at 6:57 AM
phillips - Last seen 8 minutes ago
christopher - Last seen Today at 2:14 PM
kev - Last seen Today at 3:05 PM
Trackster - Last seen A moment ago
JaredStory - Last seen Today at 10:14 AM
elva1045 - no "last seen" date
DeJoMe - Last seen Nov 13, 2022
Christygruber1247 - Last seen Yesterday at 9:47 AM
SingerGuy - no "last seen" date (does he live in your ward now, Bro Jones?)

These are just a few from the first page on the search. Some of the above people posted several times on different threads, especially "e-eye", who says he also posts here. Lots of cross-over between forums for people who think AVOW is awesome and LDSFF not so much. Super weird for people to spend precious time and energy on a forum they hate with people they loathe. But, maybe it's all they've got in life.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 10781

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by EmmaLee »

Cruiserdude wrote: December 8th, 2022, 5:12 pm Babylon despises the truth.

Truer words have never been spoken.

User avatar
creator
(of the Forum)
Posts: 7328
Location: The Matrix
Contact:

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by creator »

EmmaLee wrote: December 8th, 2022, 6:10 pm... Lots of cross-over between forums for people who think AVOW is awesome and LDSFF not so much. Super weird for people to spend precious time and energy on a forum they hate with people they loathe. But, maybe it's all they've got in life.
For whatever reason some people think they have to come here and "defend the Church" but they tend to resort to personal attacks in the process and then they get mad when they aren't allowed to attack people. But their excuse is almost always that they got censored for "defending the Church". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
AVOW Keyboard Warrior wrote:"The founder of the LDSFF is a serious apostate. A few years ago, I joined and tried to defend the Church and the Brethren, but the owner censored me many times..."
#TBM_Keyboard_Warriors_Unite!

User avatar
Cruiserdude
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3982
Location: Wasatch front

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by Cruiserdude »

creator wrote: December 8th, 2022, 6:26 pm
EmmaLee wrote: December 8th, 2022, 6:10 pm... Lots of cross-over between forums for people who think AVOW is awesome and LDSFF not so much. Super weird for people to spend precious time and energy on a forum they hate with people they loathe. But, maybe it's all they've got in life.
For whatever reason some people think they have to come here and "defend the Church" but they tend to resort to personal attacks in the process and then they get mad when they aren't allowed to attack people. But their excuse is almost always that they got censored for "defending the Church". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
AVOW Keyboard Warrior wrote:"The founder of the LDSFF is a serious apostate. A few years ago, I joined and tried to defend the Church and the Brethren, but the owner censored me many times..."
The horror!?! 🤣🤣

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1259

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by OCDMOM »

Wait, what did Joel Skousen say?

User avatar
creator
(of the Forum)
Posts: 7328
Location: The Matrix
Contact:

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by creator »

OCDMOM wrote: December 8th, 2022, 7:56 pm Wait, what did Joel Skousen say?
This.

User avatar
NeveR
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1175

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by NeveR »

mudflap wrote: December 5th, 2022, 12:05 pm
Robin Hood wrote: December 5th, 2022, 9:40 am
truefreedom wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:12 pm .
.
Joel Skousen at about 39:00
I'm the only conservative of any note that is on the side of Ukraine
?
?
So he is on the side of NATO expansion NATO aggression NATO'S war on Russia
.
I understand not cheering for Russia but ...
.
Kind of old school COLD WAR Bull Shite
The Cold War is not old school. It has never really ended, but as of late it is fully operative once again.
granted.
but the deep state needs a war, and it'll do anything to get one. Things were great for the deep state, back when Russia was 100% "certified bad guys" in the 1950's - 1990's.

But it's weird how Russia is now, or has change recently to:
- against gay marriage
- against nazism
- pro family
- drag queens? nope
- against debt
- against foreign meddling.
- against marijuana
- anti-illegal immigration
- pro religion
- reducing abortions (https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/10/03/pu ... n-culture/)

...while the usa is all for that stuff. But I'm sure it's all part of the russian disinformation campaign! lol. You cannot judge intentions, you can only judge actions.

I see a lot of folks from my parents generation failing to accept that the original cold war with Russia is over. But the USA is no longer "the good guys", so Joel is right about that at least. His pro-Ukraine argument leaves out a lot of stuff that a lot of us have discovered - how come he's not talking about Ukraine as the organ/child sex trafficking capital of Europe? or the Nazification of Ukraine? Or the biolabs? What about the treaties Nato/USA broke with Russia over not placing missiles in all those eastern bloc countries? We (USA) agreed to it and we're not holding up our end of the bargain - why should Russia have to do the same? What about blocking any attempts at peace negotiations? Seems like Mormons should be a peaceful people - why is America so bent on supplying weapons, but no peace negotiators? like not one! Or how about the billions in weapons being sent over there with 0 accountability - some of them showing up in Africa now - Doesn't any of this strike Joel as even a little bit odd? I just don't think Joel is clear or fair or even well read on any of this Russia/Ukraine stuff.

And no, I'm not a slobbering "I love Russia" fanatic. I'm a realist.

As a side note - I also didn't like how he thinks "you come at [your children] like a freight train when they are young" to keep them in line. newsflash: one size doesn't fit all in the child-rearing department. Pretty narrow minded there.

But he's the best we've (Mormons) got right now, as far as conservatism goes, and he's not even in leadership. <- that ought to chill the bones of any "constitution hanging by a thread/ elders swoop in and save us" positors.
The scamdemic showed us the globalists now run both East and west, and the east-west "conflict" has become the same meaningless distraction that Left-Right became years ago.

Post-COVID they are setting up Russia to superficially appeal to the conservative elements in the West so we will feel invested in the largely phony "war", root for Russia and cheer if they "win".

But beneath the surface, if you look at Russia's policies they are following the exact same globalist agenda as the West. Toxic jabs, increased surveillance, CBDC, scamdemic lies - all of it.

So, just as with Left-Right, whoever "wins" we get the same deal

User avatar
NeveR
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1175

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by NeveR »

EmmaLee wrote: December 8th, 2022, 6:10 pm I've defended YOU several times right here on LDSFF (which you've never thanked me for, btw) with people who thought you were fake, not the "real" Dr. Jones (like "NeveR", as just one example)...
Just a small fyi, I didn't think he was fake, I just didn't realize he was the 9/11 BroJones! (I felt very silly when I was corrected).

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 10781

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by EmmaLee »

NeveR wrote: December 8th, 2022, 10:39 pm
EmmaLee wrote: December 8th, 2022, 6:10 pm I've defended YOU several times right here on LDSFF (which you've never thanked me for, btw) with people who thought you were fake, not the "real" Dr. Jones (like "NeveR", as just one example)...
Just a small fyi, I didn't think he was fake, I just didn't realize he was the 9/11 BroJones! (I felt very silly when I was corrected).
That's what I meant.

Allison
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2362

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by Allison »

Cruiserdude wrote: December 8th, 2022, 3:35 pm
creator wrote: December 8th, 2022, 2:25 pm
EmmaLee wrote: December 8th, 2022, 2:20 pm... they regularly have threads dissing and hating on LDSFF, Brian (creator), and the members here - saying vile things about LDSFF, that we're all apostates, all going to hell, etc.
😮
I got a big smile when I read that, I love it... Outside groups know of us and discuss us?!!
pirates1 (1).gif

My sister (Harvard PhD) has a (Yale PhD) friend who asked her one day, “So does everybody at Harvard talk all the time about Yale being a loser university and all?” My sister said, “No, I don’t remember anyone talking about Yale, really.” Her friend was crestfallen, because they both knew that it just proved that Harvard was on top. 😎

It’s a compliment sometimes, to get criticized.
Last edited by Allison on December 9th, 2022, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
FrankOne
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1138

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by FrankOne »

BroJones wrote: December 8th, 2022, 12:59 pm
EmmaLee wrote: December 8th, 2022, 12:29 pm
BroJones wrote: December 8th, 2022, 12:21 pm
EmmaLee wrote: December 8th, 2022, 12:11 pm

That's what I was thinking, as well. They are even more cult-like in that regard now.
Do you participate in the AVOW forum at this time? If not, how can you say such a thing?
I was a member there for many years. I quit when the adulterer Chad Daybell murdered his wife and Lori's children, and it was obvious Christopher Parrett and his toadies were thoroughly and easily deceived by that evil, wicked man. I could no longer stand to be there after that. That's how I can say such a thing.
Wait, so are all participants in the AVOW forum "toadies" of Christopher Parrett?
(or what percentage of them would you say fit into this category?)
It isn't a matter of how many are toadies. If you do not parrot Christopher , you will be accused of being an apostate. I was a member for years and left after Christopher said that he and RKY were going to start proceedings against anyone speaking ANYTHING negative about the holy Q15. It was laughable. They emulate the process of excommunication of the church. They (Chris/RKY) are extremely fragile, insincere, and insecure because they have consciously turned against common sense. They live in denial and they know it. It is a cult by definition. Facts are irrelevant to them. I left just after Monty did and for the same reason. The requirement there to parrot Christopher or be kicked out is how cults operate.

I felt the above needed to be said and that's enough for me. Perhaps there will be benefit in my stating these things.

Allison
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2362

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by Allison »

FrankOne wrote: December 9th, 2022, 7:59 pm
BroJones wrote: December 8th, 2022, 12:59 pm
EmmaLee wrote: December 8th, 2022, 12:29 pm
BroJones wrote: December 8th, 2022, 12:21 pm

Do you participate in the AVOW forum at this time? If not, how can you say such a thing?
I was a member there for many years. I quit when the adulterer Chad Daybell murdered his wife and Lori's children, and it was obvious Christopher Parrett and his toadies were thoroughly and easily deceived by that evil, wicked man. I could no longer stand to be there after that. That's how I can say such a thing.
Wait, so are all participants in the AVOW forum "toadies" of Christopher Parrett?
(or what percentage of them would you say fit into this category?)
It isn't a matter of how many are toadies. If you do not parrot Christopher , you will be accused of being an apostate. I was a member for years and left after Christopher said that he and RKY were going to start proceedings against anyone speaking ANYTHING negative about the holy Q15. It was laughable. They emulate the process of excommunication of the church. They (Chris/RKY) are extremely fragile, insincere, and insecure because they have consciously turned against common sense. They live in denial and they know it. It is a cult by definition. Facts are irrelevant to them. I left just after Monty did and for the same reason. The requirement there to parrot Christopher or be kicked out is how cults operate.

I felt the above needed to be said and that's enough for me. Perhaps there will be benefit in my stating these things.

I may be churchier than a lot of people here, but AVOW was a suffocating environment, where it seemed like the only reality allowed there was Christopher’s capricious reality. Some comments here about the Church are over the top for me, but it’s a small price to be able to speak freely and to hear all perspectives.

User avatar
Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1991
Location: Washington State.

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by Craig Johnson »

EmmaLee wrote: December 8th, 2022, 12:29 pm

I was a member there for many years. I quit when the adulterer Chad Daybell murdered his wife and Lori's children, and it was obvious Christopher Parrett and his toadies were thoroughly and easily deceived by that evil, wicked man. I could no longer stand to be there after that. That's how I can say such a thing.
Wow, I had never heard of this. Just read up on it. That is way out there.

And I will try to be far less accusatory of those I disagree with, sorry if I have offended you.

Post Reply