Club Q Colorado shooting suspect is LDS

Discuss political news items / current events.
Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Re: Club Q Colorado shooting suspect is LDS

Post by Letfreedumbring »

I think the Late War/View of Hebrews/Other scriptures comparison seems more representative than it should be, especially when combined with the scriptural passages copied verbatim from the less than correct book, the King James Bible version that Joseph Smith possessed at the time of translation, thereby perpetuating the grammatical and even doctrinal errors that the reader has been warned against. These are odd peculiarities to me for the most correct book.

However as Harakin rightly points out without delving into masonic or other more obscure societies' texts, there is hardly a book out there that represents the secret combinations so clearly and so vividly as the Book of Mormon. The fact that most mormons push this aside entirely and regard it is as nothing more than a religious text is completely baffling to me. They would do no better than taking a cookbook and using it for an atlas.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Joan7 wrote: December 7th, 2022, 6:06 pm Do I need to point out that Lucifer knows what was written in that Sacred volume? Would he, or would he not tell other writers what they should write?

The intended audience of the Book of Mormon is going to endure great wars and death on every hand. Do you not think it is wise to prepare your children for this devastation, so that they are less likely to be overcome?
Good questions & yes, I definitely want to prepare my children. We have already been the target of psychological warfare.

Covid-19: A Psychological Military Operation, Part I
“According to federal law and "Military Psychological Operations" report, it is illegal for the US military to practice psychological operations on American citizens. To do so is a violation of the Smith-Mundt Act of 1948, which was passed by Congress to prevent the State Department from using Soviet-style propaganda techniques on US citizens. https://www.lewrockwell.com/2021/10/dr- ... on-part-i/
“July 2, 2013, amending the U.S. Information and Educational Exchange Act of 1948, known as the Smith-Mundt Act. This allows the US government to “legally” target its own citizen with psychological warfare propaganda.

You likely already know this if you saw through the media fear-mongering etc. Still, I bring this up because the enemy is not stupid. With so many armed Americans this is a different type of warfare, one that requires awareness of subtle deceptions, thinking distortions & logical fallacies (think of appeal to emotion & emotional reasoning - fear & with homosexual lies).

As I pointed out here but more so in those other threads I linked, the Book of Mormon & Bible have parts that are significantly immoral and deceptive. An lds book by Tops explained that up to 80% of mental illness is rooted in dysfunctional interpretations of scripture. Religion - including our own - is being used as part of psychological warfare - & not just the clot shot.

In a time when good is made to look evil & evil, good, it’s imperative we put on ALL the spiritual & psychological (study of the soul) armor that we can!

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

harakim wrote: December 7th, 2022, 9:52 pm
Thinker wrote: December 7th, 2022, 4:01 pm
harakim wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 11:04 pm
Thinker wrote: November 21st, 2022, 9:53 pm What this guy did was horrifically wrong. It was also wrong having minors at the club.

Still… the B of M has too much aggressive violence especially to be encouraged “daily reading”…

*Whoever didn’t support Moroni’s “free government” was killed.” -Alma 46:35 & Alma 62:10
*Those who tried to flee were killed. Alma 62:25-26
*They killed +2,000 Lamanites AFTER the Lamanites “surrendered themselves prisoners of war.” -Alma 57:14

“John W. Welch has identified at least 15 major wars or conflicts that spanned the history of Book of Mormon peoples (see chart below).1 A fair portion of the book of Alma (Alma 2–3, 16, 24–25, 43–62) sometimes provides excruciating details concerning the wars between the Lamanites and Nephites. Unforgettable is the tragic downfall of the Nephites at the battle of Cumorah, which resulted in unparalleled death and carnage (Mormon 1–6).”
https://knowhy.bookofmormoncentral.org/ ... -of-mormon
There is no question that there is violence in the Book of Mormon. To say it has too much violence to be encouraged daily reading is interesting. The bedrock of our entire society is violence. It is the root influence which supports all the others. If a party in a dispute fails to achieve its objectives, it will likely turn to violence. The larger the party, the more capable of violence, and the more likely it is to turn to violence. I don't want to belabor the point, but most of our society is built on fear and threats and if other forms of threats go unheeded, it will ultimately end in the threat of violence.

I would not so lightly dismiss a book and say it's not readable because it talks about the foundations of large human societies, the very thing which subtly guides so many of our thoughts and actions. If you don't want to see the truth, you don't have to, but you'll be the poorer for it.
If we weren’t in the midst of psychological warfare using religion, I might not bother posting criticism, but we are.

I strongly believe that we ought to seek truth wherever it’s found - but truth is not handed to us on silver platters. As Thomas Jefferson suggested about the NT, we must dig through dung to get to diamonds. I’d say that applies to pretty much everything including the BofM. This is NOT to suggest discarding the BofM, but rather to remember “there must needs be opposition in all things” including scripture, so take the best, leave the rest. Intelligence: “to choose between.”

Let’s get a few things out in the open:
What exactly is the Book of Mormon comprised of?
Some interesting “coincidences” that smell like plagiarism…

This wouldn’t upload: Moroni 7 from 1Corinthians 13… http://utlm.org/images/newsletters/no63_p4.gif

Any of the following sound familiar…?

“Happiness is the meaning & the purpose of life.” -Aristotle
“...business of man is to be happy.” - John Locke

“Better the whole people perish than that injustice be done.” -Kant

“… the Christian Churches having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof, came into the hands of the Encratites: and the Heathens…” - Isaac Newton

So… there’s a high possibility that the BofM is more similar to everyday literature & maybe shouldn’t be prioritized above all as if one is falling for it being set up as the unique golden calf marketing tool of Mormonism.

You might argue, “Well, even if it borrowed from other sources, they are true and good.” And I wouldn’t refute that, but consider
maybe there are better things to read daily which do not involve excess justified violence mixed in with the good & truth. There are dysfunctional aspects in it - and sins of omission. It’s hard to see when we’re indoctrinated not to. You’re right that this world is violent etc., but the BofM is like the bad nightly news on tv - just gets people worked up without providing the way for better. Yes, in other places it talks about God and Christ, but as I pointed out before, several scriptures paint violence as good and godly when it isn’t. Portraying violence is only godly when showing it in moral context, which the BofM doesn’t but does the opposite.

For more:
Scriptures: good & bad viewtopic.php?p=994183&hilit=Scriptures#p994183

Rethinking Thinking viewtopic.php?p=256839&hilit=Thinking#p256839
There is no doubt that there is other good literature out there. I am on my fifth book in the last 2 weeks. Each of them spoke to me. However, I think the Book of Mormon has its place.

I feel like it stands alone as a book that was written long ago, which we have had continual record of as it was popular, which talks about the secret combinations. I would dare say that the majority of conspiracy theorists who are uncovering the truth were either directly driven by the Book of Mormon or were influence by people who were. It's hard to believe that a civilization could collapse so quickly, but if you've read the Book of Mormon, you see the signs. The lockdowns were not a shock. Letting cartels into the country freely is not a shock. The entire west support Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union on one hand while calling it evil on the other is not a shock. And so people who have read the Book of Mormon are willing to believe it. Others are definitely also willing to believe, it but it's much less likely. I think it boils down to something Hitler identified:
"in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation."

The Book of Mormon opens the mind of a good person to the possibility of vast conspiracy and the wanton disregard for human life that is possible.
I can see how daily reading about so many wars in the BofM could have a few effects:
1) Suggest evil that’s possible
2) Create subconscious faith in making such possible evil happen, so that if we are presented with unjust murder/war, as in the BofM, under pressure & previous daily BofM programming, we’ll succumb
3) See war in everything even when it isn’t there
4) Create fear
5) Create faith

It doesn’t have to be all-or-nothing (bipolar/polarized thinking distortion). Do you think EVERYTHING any human being ever said should be read every day as if it’s God? Nobody’s perfect, including all those who played a part in creating the BofM.

Again, my approach is “take the best, leave the rest” & I try to let the Spirit guide in what is best each moment.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Thinker wrote: December 12th, 2022, 6:38 pm
harakim wrote: December 7th, 2022, 9:52 pm
Thinker wrote: December 7th, 2022, 4:01 pm
harakim wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 11:04 pm There is no question that there is violence in the Book of Mormon. To say it has too much violence to be encouraged daily reading is interesting. The bedrock of our entire society is violence. It is the root influence which supports all the others. If a party in a dispute fails to achieve its objectives, it will likely turn to violence. The larger the party, the more capable of violence, and the more likely it is to turn to violence. I don't want to belabor the point, but most of our society is built on fear and threats and if other forms of threats go unheeded, it will ultimately end in the threat of violence.

I would not so lightly dismiss a book and say it's not readable because it talks about the foundations of large human societies, the very thing which subtly guides so many of our thoughts and actions. If you don't want to see the truth, you don't have to, but you'll be the poorer for it.
If we weren’t in the midst of psychological warfare using religion, I might not bother posting criticism, but we are.

I strongly believe that we ought to seek truth wherever it’s found - but truth is not handed to us on silver platters. As Thomas Jefferson suggested about the NT, we must dig through dung to get to diamonds. I’d say that applies to pretty much everything including the BofM. This is NOT to suggest discarding the BofM, but rather to remember “there must needs be opposition in all things” including scripture, so take the best, leave the rest. Intelligence: “to choose between.”

Let’s get a few things out in the open:
What exactly is the Book of Mormon comprised of?
Some interesting “coincidences” that smell like plagiarism…

This wouldn’t upload: Moroni 7 from 1Corinthians 13… http://utlm.org/images/newsletters/no63_p4.gif

Any of the following sound familiar…?

“Happiness is the meaning & the purpose of life.” -Aristotle
“...business of man is to be happy.” - John Locke

“Better the whole people perish than that injustice be done.” -Kant

“… the Christian Churches having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof, came into the hands of the Encratites: and the Heathens…” - Isaac Newton

So… there’s a high possibility that the BofM is more similar to everyday literature & maybe shouldn’t be prioritized above all as if one is falling for it being set up as the unique golden calf marketing tool of Mormonism.

You might argue, “Well, even if it borrowed from other sources, they are true and good.” And I wouldn’t refute that, but consider
maybe there are better things to read daily which do not involve excess justified violence mixed in with the good & truth. There are dysfunctional aspects in it - and sins of omission. It’s hard to see when we’re indoctrinated not to. You’re right that this world is violent etc., but the BofM is like the bad nightly news on tv - just gets people worked up without providing the way for better. Yes, in other places it talks about God and Christ, but as I pointed out before, several scriptures paint violence as good and godly when it isn’t. Portraying violence is only godly when showing it in moral context, which the BofM doesn’t but does the opposite.

For more:
Scriptures: good & bad viewtopic.php?p=994183&hilit=Scriptures#p994183

Rethinking Thinking viewtopic.php?p=256839&hilit=Thinking#p256839
There is no doubt that there is other good literature out there. I am on my fifth book in the last 2 weeks. Each of them spoke to me. However, I think the Book of Mormon has its place.

I feel like it stands alone as a book that was written long ago, which we have had continual record of as it was popular, which talks about the secret combinations. I would dare say that the majority of conspiracy theorists who are uncovering the truth were either directly driven by the Book of Mormon or were influence by people who were. It's hard to believe that a civilization could collapse so quickly, but if you've read the Book of Mormon, you see the signs. The lockdowns were not a shock. Letting cartels into the country freely is not a shock. The entire west support Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union on one hand while calling it evil on the other is not a shock. And so people who have read the Book of Mormon are willing to believe it. Others are definitely also willing to believe, it but it's much less likely. I think it boils down to something Hitler identified:
"in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation."

The Book of Mormon opens the mind of a good person to the possibility of vast conspiracy and the wanton disregard for human life that is possible.
I can see how daily reading about so many wars in the BofM could have a few effects:
1) Suggest evil that’s possible
2) Create subconscious faith in making such possible evil happen, so that if we are presented with unjust murder/war, as in the BofM, under pressure & previous daily BofM programming, we’ll succumb
3) See war in everything even when it isn’t there
4) Create fear
5) Create faith

It doesn’t have to be all-or-nothing (bipolar/polarized thinking distortion). Do you think EVERYTHING any human being ever said should be read every day as if it’s God? Nobody’s perfect, including all those who played a part in creating the BofM.

Again, my approach is “take the best, leave the rest” & I try to let the Spirit guide in what is best each moment.
I agree