Matthew 24’s Death of the Two Witnesses

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Matthew 24’s Death of the Two Witnesses

Post by Pazooka »

Another great corroboration of Revelation 11 is Matthew 24:29-31, which repeats the same series of events:

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light...the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt

“The great city” - come to find out - is a euphemism for the underworld. The kingdom of the dead is the greatest city of them all. The sun and moon visiting the underworld and being reborn from there are somewhat universal themes in world mythology.

***Is this the “Three Days of Darkness” so much talked about in Catholic tradition pertaining to the last days, just before the coming of Christ?

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they *stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them...

And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament...

“Stood upon their feet” can be translated “rose up” - - depending on what the translator thinks is the correct context.

I just recently heard about Catholicism’s tradition of watching for the “Three Days of Darkness.” You’re supposed to have your blessed beeswax candles ready, since that will supposedly be the only light possible.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Sun and Moon as the Two Witnesses

Post by Pazooka »

The Book of Enoch, the Testament of Levi, Matthew 24...they all talk about the sun and moon in the same way that Revelation 11 describes the two witnesses, “the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.”
Woe to you, ye perverted in heart, who are watchful to obtain an accurate knowledge of evil...woe to you, ye sinners...And now know ye, that the angels shall inquire into your conduct in heaven; of the sun, the moon, and the stars, shall they inquire respecting your sins; for upon earth you exercise jurisdiction over the righteous. ~ Book of Enoch, Chap XCIX:6-8
These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy
Every cloud shall bear witness against you, the snow, the dew, and the rain: for all of them shall be withholden from you, that they may not descend upon you, nor become subservient to your crimes. ~ vs 9
But all your transgressions shall be recorded daily. And be assured by me, that light and darkness, day and night, behold all your transgressions. ~ Chap CIV: 5-6
Last edited by Pazooka on December 2nd, 2022, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Matthew 24’s Death of the Two Witnesses

Post by endlessQuestions »

Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Another reference to the sun and moon as faithful witnesses from Psalms 89

34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.
36 His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.
37 It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.

Interesting the idea that God covenants not to lie to David - I’ve never read where God ever promises not to lie to those who have not entered into the covenant.

The sun and moon are two witnesses. But are they prophets? They are “seers” in the very real sense that they are the very essence of what are Urim and Thummim. They are the ideal after which every U&T is patterned.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Pazooka wrote: December 4th, 2022, 11:27 am Another reference to the sun and moon as faithful witnesses from Psalms 89

34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
37 It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.

Interesting the idea that God covenants not to lie to David - I’ve never read where God ever promises not to lie to those who have not entered into the covenant.

The sun and moon are two witnesses. But are they prophets? They are “seers” in the very real sense that they are the very essence of what are Urim and Thummim. They are the ideal after which every U&T is patterned.
That's fascinating, I've never thought that before. Great work!

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Shawn Henry wrote: December 4th, 2022, 11:45 am
Pazooka wrote: December 4th, 2022, 11:27 am Another reference to the sun and moon as faithful witnesses from Psalms 89

And I think you would appreciate the high likelihood that the sun and moon are the same size, like two identical lenses in a set of spectacles and not hundreds of thousands or even billions of miles away ;)

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Pazooka wrote: December 4th, 2022, 12:38 pm
Shawn Henry wrote: December 4th, 2022, 11:45 am

And I think you would appreciate the high likelihood that the sun and moon are the same size, like two identical lenses in a set of spectacles and not hundreds of thousands or even billions of miles away ;)
Hahahaha. No they're not.

The moon is about 240k miles away, the Sun about 93M miles away. Sometimes the moon orbits further away, sometimes nearer. That's why there are annular eclipses "the ring of fire" as well as total eclipses that can last as long as seven minutes.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Pazooka wrote: December 4th, 2022, 12:38 pm And I think you would appreciate the high likelihood that the sun and moon are the same size, like two identical lenses in a set of spectacles and not hundreds of thousands or even billions of miles away ;)
If only we all believed scripture, lol. Thanks.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

There is scripture and then there is vain interpretations of scripture.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Pazooka wrote: June 12th, 2022, 7:52 pm Another great corroboration of Revelation 11 is Matthew 24:29-31, which repeats the same series of events:

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light...the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt

“The great city” - come to find out - is a euphemism for the underworld. The kingdom of the dead is the greatest city of them all. The sun and moon visiting the underworld and being reborn from there are somewhat universal themes in world mythology.

***Is this the “Three Days of Darkness” so much talked about in Catholic tradition pertaining to the last days, just before the coming of Christ?

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they *stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them...

And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament...

“Stood upon their feet” can be translated “rose up” - - depending on what the translator thinks is the correct context.

I just recently heard about Catholicism’s tradition of watching for the “Three Days of Darkness.” You’re supposed to have your blessed beeswax candles ready, since that will supposedly be the only light possible.
Here's a thought, "which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt" = Sin and Bondage/Captivity

Although how about that city being the proverbial Babylon (a city of sin and captivity)?

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

ransomme wrote: December 5th, 2022, 10:10 pm
Pazooka wrote: June 12th, 2022, 7:52 pm Another great corroboration of Revelation 11 is Matthew 24:29-31, which repeats the same series of events:

Here's a thought, "which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt" = Sin and Bondage/Captivity
Yeah, pretty much. Sodom may represents that which is under God’s judgment and Egypt means “forbidden.” There’s also another link - “where also our Lord was crucified” was called Golgotha (“place of the skull”) and was said to be the location of where David deposited the skull of Goliath of Gath - of fallen angel blood/serpent seed/nephilim. So you have a nephilim link to these 3 places: Sodom, Egypt and Golgotha.

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

I read this two weeks ago and talked about the OP with my wife. I ended up using some of what was shared herein at our FHE yesterday. A sister returning to church after several years of inactivity was visiting and it was good to have something not from the approved discussion topics to share. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and research.