Polygamous Prophet Arrested

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

Re: Polygamous Prophet Arrested

Post by darknesstolight »

Bronco73idi wrote: December 5th, 2022, 9:38 am
darknesstolight wrote: December 5th, 2022, 9:32 am
Bronco73idi wrote: December 5th, 2022, 8:52 am
LDS Physician wrote: December 5th, 2022, 7:01 am

According to Jacob, the Lord did have a problem with David's polygamy.
Why are you twisting Jacob’s words? Is concubines more or less the same thing? If the lord had a problem with David’s polygamy then why did Nathan say the lord would have given him more wives?

The lord knew he told David that we are gods and he told the Pharisees that he said “Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?”. Does that mean the BOM is fake since the lord didn’t condemn polygamy? No one brought up eunuchs when they questioned the lord about divorcement, he brought it up. Why would the lord talk about eunuchs and not something that he finds abominable, the house of Judah was practicing polygamy when he was there talking about eunuchs……

Why are “Mormons” so anti Bible? We have eyes but we can’t see….
Jacob says polygamy is an abomination. No ancient scripture ever shows any place where God commands polygamy, not a single place does God command it.

Not until BY came on the scene and molested the scriptures and used the principles of priest craft to secure unto him self anything he wanted and did whatever he wanted and he twisted the words of JS and he altered the scriptures and he hid away information and he censored information that would defeat him.

That is the foundation of LDS polygamy and all those who have followed after BY and attempted to institute and live by his egocentric and selfish doctrine on polygamy end up having the fruits of that failed system and idea. Over and over again BY brings about abused children, raped children, abused wives, abused men, and fear, and threats, and psychological manipulation and indoctrination and no true free will or agency but mind control and confinement and limits, at the end of the day.

I can’t read past your first sentence of blasphemy!

D&C 112
26 First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord.

You profess to know him….
Seems strange to me that you can't read past my first sentence. I think it's more likely than not that you are choosing not to even though you can. But if you literally can't do it because of some physical or mental impediment then that sucks.

Let me ask you a clarification question.

Is it your position that because I stated that Jacob taught in the BoM that polygamy is an abomination you therefore are now calling in to doubt my loyalty to Jesus the Christ and His gospel?

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

tmac wrote: December 5th, 2022, 9:52 am Like I said, undoubtedly, another 20 pages of repetitious drivel. For LDSFF and the Mormon Church, plural marriage is the gift that just keeps on giving — endless subject matter to whine about.
It's interesting though, that I don't recall you referring to your good buddy, Mangus McLoud's, thread on polygamy as "repetitious drivel" - nor on any other pro-polygamy threads - in fact, you gleefully jump into and encourage those, and you attack and call people nasty names when they have a different viewpoint on the subject, just like you're doing on this thread. You didn't accuse McLoud of "whining" (btw, you're literally the only one whining on this thread so far, just FYI) with his blathering on and on and on and on and on and on and on about having sex with multiple women, er, I mean, polygamy.

So in summary - tmac approves of fantasy threads where the premise is that having sex with multiple women is a good and glorious and godly thing. tmac does not approve of threads where the obvious and widespread fruits of polygamy are manifest in the real, fallen, mortal world. You're like the pre-Musk Twitter - wanting to shut down free speech and eliminate any topics/threads that you don't agree with or like. This thread is Hunter's laptop. Got it.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

darknesstolight wrote: December 5th, 2022, 10:01 am

Why are you twisting Jacob’s words? Is concubines more or less the same thing? If the lord had a problem with David’s polygamy then why did Nathan say the lord would have given him more wives?

The lord knew he told David that we are gods and he told the Pharisees that he said “Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?”. Does that mean the BOM is fake since the lord didn’t condemn polygamy? No one brought up eunuchs when they questioned the lord about divorcement, he brought it up. Why would the lord talk about eunuchs and not something that he finds abominable, the house of Judah was practicing polygamy when he was there talking about eunuchs……

Jacob says polygamy is an abomination. No ancient scripture ever shows any place where God commands polygamy, not a single place does God command it.

Not until BY came on the scene and molested the scriptures and used the principles of priest craft to secure unto him self anything he wanted and did whatever he wanted and he twisted the words of JS and he altered the scriptures and he hid away information and he censored information that would defeat him.

That is the foundation of LDS polygamy and all those who have followed after BY and attempted to institute and live by his egocentric and selfish doctrine on polygamy end up having the fruits of that failed system and idea. Over and over again BY brings about abused children, raped children, abused wives, abused men, and fear, and threats, and psychological manipulation and indoctrination and no true free will or agency but mind control and confinement and limits, at the end of the day.

D&C 112
26 First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord.

Seems strange to me that you can't read past my first sentence. I think it's more likely than not that you are choosing not to even though you can. But if you literally can't do it because of some physical or mental impediment then that sucks.

Is it your position that because I stated that Jacob taught in the BoM that polygamy is an abomination you therefore are now calling in to doubt my loyalty to Jesus the Christ and His gospel?

Not once did Jacob say polygamy by itself is an abomination. The BOM says “many wives and concubines”, 5 times. If Jacob didn’t divide the words why do you choose to divide the words? Are you better then Jacob?

Have you studied the lord’s words as much as you have studied the argument against polygamy? Should we not know the lord’s words more then Jacob or Paul’s words? How can we understand what he told Jacob or Paul if we can not understand him and his parables?

What did the lord say about judging? Did the lord say the linage of Abraham are gods?

Two simple questions, you can ignore them like normal……

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

Bronco73idi wrote: December 5th, 2022, 10:24 am

D&C 112

Not once did Jacob say polygamy by itself is an abomination. The BOM says “many wives and concubines”, 5 times. If Jacob didn’t divide the words why do you choose to divide the words? Are you better then Jacob?

Have you studied the lord’s words as much as you have studied the argument against polygamy? Should we not know the lord’s words more then Jacob or Paul’s words? How can we understand what he told Jacob or Paul if we can not understand him and his parables?

What did the lord say about judging? Did the lord say the linage of Abraham are gods?

Well first off your questions are loaded and you have more than two.

Is Jacob better than I?

5 Behold, the Lamanites your brethren, whom ye hate because of their filthiness and the cursing which hath come upon their skins, are more righteous than you; for they have not forgotten the commandment of the Lord, which was given unto our father—that they should have save it were one wife, and concubines they should have none, and there should not be whoredoms committed among them.
6 And now, this commandment they observe to keep

God has commanded that we have but one wife and no concubines. The Lamanites were keeping that commandment.

No place in scripture until BY comes on the scene commands polygamy and BY is a hack, a charlatan, based on evidence and facts and its historically documented and when measured against Judeo-Christian principles BY acted as a narcicist and was willing to murder to get gain. He was a son of Cain apparently.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Subcomandante wrote: December 5th, 2022, 5:54 am In this we see the wisdom in the prophet in trying to distance ourselves from the name of "Mormon"

Drudge is running this as "Mormon prophet arrested" on his news ticker.
Except a) it hasn't worked and b) we might as well ban the word "priest" in the LDS given what Roman Catholic priests get up to.

Follow_God_Not_Man
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Follow_God_Not_Man »

I don't see why there is a debate on polygamy all the time. Joseph didn't have any children with any other woman other than Emma. Polygamy is about sex. The dynastic sealings that Joseph was doing were never about sex. There can be debate on what those sealing were about, but they were not about sex or any sort of procreation. Joseph was clearly fertile. Joseph denied the polygamy practice to his dying day. Then his own wife and mother denied that he practiced it to their dying days. Brigham Young seeks to excuse his own polygamy by saying, "look, these other guys did it." Polygamy is clearly an abomination that was practiced by evil men, the first being Lamech. We say to ourselves though, "People in the scriptures did it, so therefore it is Godly." Its like when your friend was throwing snowballs at cars and then you start throwing snowballs at cars because your friend told you it was okay. It is a fun activity and your friend did it, therefore it is a good thing to engage in.

Nephi does not excuse himself because of what other men did...

6 Nevertheless, I do not write anything upon plates save it be that I think it be sacred. And now, if I do err, even did they err of old; not that I would excuse myself because of other men, but because of the weakness which is in me, according to the flesh, I would excuse myself.

7 For the things which some men esteem to be of great worth, (monogamy - one man one wife) both to the body and soul, others set at naught and trample under their feet. Yea, even the very God of Israel do men trample under their feet; I say, trample under their feet but I would speak in other words—they set him at naught, and hearken not to the voice of his counsels.

Inserting monogamy in that scripture is of course my own addition, but monogamy is everywhere in the scriptures practiced by good, Godly men. There are a couple of noteworthy exceptions namely Abraham and Jacob.

Michelle Stone does a great podcast if you all haven't heard of it. She takes a look into Abraham and Jacob in depth and what is really scripturally going on there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIbs0NHI-hM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jBws6JDkko

Joseph said he didn't do it. He canonized the original D&C 101 into scripture and then Brigham Young removed it and replaced it with 132 in 1876. I just don't see the argument for multiple wives to one man. It is not Godly. It is abomination. Jacob calls it so. Monogamy is the law in Zion. D&C 42 lays that out clear as can be. Wife, singular will be the law in Zion. Zion is a higher law than we currently practice and polygamy will not be practiced there.

22 Thou shalt love thy wife with all thy heart, and shalt cleave unto her and none else.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

darknesstolight wrote: December 5th, 2022, 10:49 am

D&C 112

Is Jacob better than I?

5 Behold, the Lamanites your brethren, whom ye hate because of their filthiness and the cursing which hath come upon their skins, are more righteous than you; for they have not forgotten the commandment of the Lord, which was given unto our father—that they should have save it were one wife, and concubines they should have none, and there should not be whoredoms committed among them.

God has commanded that we have but one wife and no concubines. The Lamanites were keeping that commandment.

No place in scripture until BY comes on the scene commands polygamy and BY is a hack, a charlatan, based on evidence and facts and its historically documented and when measured against Judeo-Christian principles BY acted as a narcicist and was willing to murder to get gain. He was a son of Cain apparently.

Does he say polygamy by itself is an abomination to the lord there?

You said he said polygamy is an abomination, which by the definition is a disrespect and that can be considered blasphemy.

My 2 questions were easy, they were by themself and had a question mark after each one. That is why I outlined and then said 2 questions. The answer for the 1st one is John 10:34, 2nd one is Matthew 7:1-5, that one, someone could say is loaded. Only because they don’t want to understand verse 5 and understand that verse 5 to 6 is a paragraph break.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Niemand wrote: December 4th, 2022, 7:02 pm The original Temple was built by a polygamist. The Psalms were written by a polygamist. Abraham's descendants are all the results of polygamy too. We're supposed to be related to him, if not by blood but by adoption (depending on your POV)

So yes, we owe a lot to polygamists.

I don't think polygamy is the problem. It wasn't a problem when David married multiple women, it was a problem when David tried to kill Bathsheba's husband.

The way things are going I doubt I will even be a monogamist, but I don't have an issue with polygamy as long as it's fairly done... i.e. no incest or little girls.

I mean ...

24 Behold, David and Solomon truly had many wives and concubines, which thing was abominable before me, saith the Lord.

It seems pretty clear.

Why are "Mormons" so anti Book of Mormon?

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

LDS Physician wrote: December 5th, 2022, 12:06 pm
Niemand wrote: December 4th, 2022, 7:02 pm The original Temple was built by a polygamist. The Psalms were written by a polygamist. Abraham's descendants are all the results of polygamy too. We're supposed to be related to him, if not by blood but by adoption (depending on your POV)

So yes, we owe a lot to polygamists.

I don't think polygamy is the problem. It wasn't a problem when David married multiple women, it was a problem when David tried to kill Bathsheba's husband.

The way things are going I doubt I will even be a monogamist, but I don't have an issue with polygamy as long as it's fairly done... i.e. no incest or little girls.

I mean ...

24 Behold, David and Solomon truly had many wives and concubines, which thing was abominable before me, saith the Lord.

It seems pretty clear.

Why are "Mormons" so anti Book of Mormon?
I have talked about that verse many times here….. concubines are an abomination…..

You don’t think Jacob knew about the prophet Nathan? Reread Jacob with the understanding that Nathan wasn’t a false prophet. Let’s combine the books, that’s all I ask.

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

Bronco73idi wrote: December 5th, 2022, 11:29 am

Is Jacob better than I?

You said he said polygamy is an abomination, which by the definition is a disrespect and that can be considered blasphemy.

My 2 questions were easy, they were by themself and had a question mark after each one. That is why I outlined and then said 2 questions. The answer for the 1st one is John 10:34, 2nd one is Matthew 7:1-5, that one, someone could say is loaded. Only because they don’t want to understand verse 5 and understand that verse 5 to 6 is a paragraph break.
Yes he does. And your questions aren't simple. And God commanded that you have one wife and no concubines.

You can play semantics and mental gymnastics. Yes that is what you are doing. I don't play those games because it's stupid.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

darknesstolight wrote: December 5th, 2022, 12:27 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: December 5th, 2022, 11:29 am

Is Jacob better than I?

Yes he does. And your questions aren't simple. And God commanded that you have one wife and no concubines.

You can play semantics and mental gymnastics. Yes that is what you are doing. I don't play those games because it's stupid.

Those are the exact games you are playing. Dividing scripture like you do, what would you call it?

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Follow_God_Not_Man wrote: December 5th, 2022, 11:22 am I don't see why there is a debate on polygamy all the time. Joseph didn't have any children with any other woman other than Emma. Polygamy is about sex. The dynastic sealings that Joseph was doing were never about sex. There can be debate on what those sealing were about, but they were not about sex or any sort of procreation. Joseph was clearly fertile. Joseph denied the polygamy practice to his dying day. Then his own wife and mother denied that he practiced it to their dying days. Brigham Young seeks to excuse his own polygamy by saying, "look, these other guys did it." Polygamy is clearly an abomination that was practiced by evil men, the first being Lamech. We say to ourselves though, "People in the scriptures did it, so therefore it is Godly." Its like when your friend was throwing snowballs at cars and then you start throwing snowballs at cars because your friend told you it was okay. It is a fun activity and your friend did it, therefore it is a good thing to engage in.

Nephi does not excuse himself because of what other men did...

6 Nevertheless, I do not write anything upon plates save it be that I think it be sacred. And now, if I do err, even did they err of old; not that I would excuse myself because of other men, but because of the weakness which is in me, according to the flesh, I would excuse myself.

7 For the things which some men esteem to be of great worth, (monogamy - one man one wife) both to the body and soul, others set at naught and trample under their feet. Yea, even the very God of Israel do men trample under their feet; I say, trample under their feet but I would speak in other words—they set him at naught, and hearken not to the voice of his counsels.

Inserting monogamy in that scripture is of course my own addition, but monogamy is everywhere in the scriptures practiced by good, Godly men. There are a couple of noteworthy exceptions namely Abraham and Jacob.

Michelle Stone does a great podcast if you all haven't heard of it. She takes a look into Abraham and Jacob in depth and what is really scripturally going on there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIbs0NHI-hM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jBws6JDkko

Joseph said he didn't do it. He canonized the original D&C 101 into scripture and then Brigham Young removed it and replaced it with 132 in 1876. I just don't see the argument for multiple wives to one man. It is not Godly. It is abomination. Jacob calls it so. Monogamy is the law in Zion. D&C 42 lays that out clear as can be. Wife, singular will be the law in Zion. Zion is a higher law than we currently practice and polygamy will not be practiced there.

22 Thou shalt love thy wife with all thy heart, and shalt cleave unto her and none else.
Good first post. Hope to hear more from you!

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

JLHPROF wrote: December 4th, 2022, 12:53 pm
Shawn Henry wrote: December 4th, 2022, 11:30 am
blitzinstripes wrote: December 4th, 2022, 10:30 am There's a special place in hell for creeps like him.
What if he produces a revelation, will you believe him then?

Oh wait! What if he says "Joseph said", will you believe him then?
Joseph Smith restored the practice of plural marriage. How people have tried to practice it has been their own ideas. People like this guy are clearly doing it wrong. Most who've tried seem to have done it wrong. 🤷
A few seem to have managed to be better.
Communism and polygamy, nobody seems to be able to do them right ;)

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: December 4th, 2022, 3:33 pm
Niemand wrote: December 4th, 2022, 3:07 pm
Durzan wrote: December 4th, 2022, 10:48 am Good riddance. Theoretically, I am generally in support of polygamy... but stuff like what this guy was doing is a great perversion.
I'm okay with polygamy, but paedophilia and incest (if true) are big no nos. Polygamy should be between consenting adults who are not closely related. I would say the same about monogamy.

The western world is completely hypocritical for banning it.
?? And just like that you accept polygamy?

Jacob 2 is quite clear, the only exception is when the Lord commands it, and those times have been extremely rare. And never in modern history.
Yes it is clear and it doesn't make an allowance for polygamy at anytime ever. To state this more clearly, God has never sanctioned Polygamy, Spiritual Wivery, Celestial Plural Marriage or anything like it.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Mindfields wrote: December 5th, 2022, 3:41 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: December 4th, 2022, 3:33 pm
Niemand wrote: December 4th, 2022, 3:07 pm
Durzan wrote: December 4th, 2022, 10:48 am Good riddance. Theoretically, I am generally in support of polygamy... but stuff like what this guy was doing is a great perversion.
I'm okay with polygamy, but paedophilia and incest (if true) are big no nos. Polygamy should be between consenting adults who are not closely related. I would say the same about monogamy.

The western world is completely hypocritical for banning it.
?? And just like that you accept polygamy?

Jacob 2 is quite clear, the only exception is when the Lord commands it, and those times have been extremely rare. And never in modern history.
Yes it is clear and it doesn't make an allowance for polygamy at anytime ever. To state this more clearly, God has never sanctioned Polygamy, Spiritual Wivery, Celestial Plural Marriage or anything like it.
Then why did a man in great abomination get quoted by our lord, twice?

I wish people would think before they judged so harshly….

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

I don't believe in an inerrant Bible. Mormon scripture isn't much better.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Mindfields wrote: December 5th, 2022, 3:41 pm Yes it is clear and it doesn't make an allowance for polygamy at anytime ever. To state this more clearly, God has never sanctioned Polygamy, Spiritual Wivery, Celestial Plural Marriage or anything like it.
Jacob 2 is clear that the Lord can make allowances for it. I fully accept that the Lord could allow unique circumstances for a very specific dispensation. But that in now way gives future dispensations the green light to do what they want. This is what almost all subsequent groups have done.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Mindfields wrote: December 5th, 2022, 3:52 pm I don't believe in an inerrant Bible. Mormon scripture isn't much better.
Neither do I. Problem is it wasn’t a problem when the lord was on this earth. You really think the Roman Catholic Church wouldn’t be all over Jesus calling polygamy an abomination?

He made it clear that the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah will have a hard time at judgement day and that Capernaum will have a harder time then them for their hard hearts.

Can you admit that if polygamy is of the lord then you will be damned like the citizens of Capernaum? I’m curious, I have one wife and 2 daughters but I can read……

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: December 5th, 2022, 3:59 pm Jacob 2 is clear that the Lord can make allowances for it.
Bull Shi!!

Jacob categorically and uniformly condemns that practice. Who are relying on a precepts of men understanding of verse 30. Follow the word links in that verse and you see how they are being used. It has been explained here countless times.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Niemand wrote: December 4th, 2022, 7:02 pm It wasn't a problem when David married multiple women, it was a problem when David tried to kill Bathsheba's husband.
When the Lord spoke to Jacob, this is not what he said. He told Jacob to tell the people that what was abominable was David and Soloman having many wives and concubines. He did not cite or list anything else.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Bronco73idi wrote: December 4th, 2022, 9:51 pm Every time polygamy is brought up in the BOM it’s “many wives and concubines, which thing was abominable before me, saith the Lord.”

Do you truly understand what a concubine is? A virgin mistress! Maybe Jacob included many wives with concubines to make people understand that, you have many wives, why do you need mistresses that your wives don’t know about?
You act as if you have never read Jacob. Jacob clearly references their condemnation to their violating the command given to them by Lehi to have only one wife, which is why Nephi and his brothers all had one wife.

You are either dishonest or a terrible student of scripture.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Bronco73idi wrote: December 5th, 2022, 10:24 am Should we not know the lord’s words more then Jacob or Paul’s words?
Jacob's words are the Lord's words.

For behold, as I inquired of the Lord, thus came the word unto me, saying: Jacob, get thou up into the temple on the morrow, and declare the word which I shall give thee unto this people.

Would it kill you to read the whole chapter?

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Mindfields wrote: December 5th, 2022, 3:52 pm I don't believe in an inerrant Bible. Mormon scripture isn't much better.
What is left for your foundation?

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Shawn Henry wrote: December 5th, 2022, 4:37 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: December 5th, 2022, 10:24 am Should we not know the lord’s words more then Jacob or Paul’s words?
Jacob's words are the Lord's words.

For behold, as I inquired of the Lord, thus came the word unto me, saying: Jacob, get thou up into the temple on the morrow, and declare the word which I shall give thee unto this people.

Would it kill you to read the whole chapter?
Maybe reluctant watchman understands that the lord did not get rid of polygamy 590 years later?

Do you not believe in the Bible either?

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Bronco73idi wrote: December 5th, 2022, 4:40 pm Do you not believe in the Bible either?
The Bible never authorizes Polygamy, and you know it or else you would have cited the verses.

Giving someone polygamizes wives that are already polygamous wives is simply God making sure they are taken care of. Besides, God gives us the good and the evil, by his own words.

The practice originated from Lamech, a secret combination murderer.