Wood burning Fireplace Suggestions

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Wood burning Fireplace Suggestions

Post by Cruiserdude »

FoundMyEden wrote: December 1st, 2022, 12:11 pm
Cruiserdude wrote: December 1st, 2022, 12:04 pm
FoundMyEden wrote: December 1st, 2022, 11:58 am We have a pacific energy stove. It is installed downstairs in the daylight basement, centered between three bedrooms the laundry, fallout, and living room. We have a stairway going upstairs to kitchen/family room, and two more bedrooms. Our stove can heat the whole 3700+ house, short our master bath…and our temps get down in the negative at times.
The only downside I have found is it isn’t as big as I would like. I do still have to stoke the fire a few more times a day but it’s still a work horse, so I’m happy.
Yeah I loved our Pacific Energy Alderlea, wood burned forever in that thing it seemed like and I like the double burn system over the catalytic element .....And the size matters! You hear folks say 'I wish I would've got a bigger stove', but you NEVER hear folks say 'I wish I would've went with the smaller stove'
Yep exactly. It was already here and half installed when we bought our house unfinished, but we re-centered it when we finished the basement. We just lucked out w a good stove. Our next stove for our cabin will probably be the same but WILL be bigger so there will be no complaints here. ;)
Nice! That's a heck uva score/bonus to walk into for buying a home!

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Fired up the stove for the first time yesterday and learned something I had forgotten. Don’t start a small fire in a large stove when there is a down draft. The little fire smoked out the house. I had to pour lighter fluid inside the stove to get enough heat quickly to reverse the draft. We had to open the windows for a few hours to get the smoke out.

But… having done that… this stove works beautifully. I loaded it up with wood around 4:30 pm and it’s still running strong at 6:30 am. I played with the temp setting off and on, but had it set to medium-low all night. I just turned it up to high and the flame started back up. When the stove is on medium or low you won’t see a flame.
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on December 5th, 2022, 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: December 5th, 2022, 6:34 am Fired up the stove for the first time yesterday and learned something I had forgotten. Don’t start a small fire in a large stove when there is a down draft. The little fire smoked out the house. I had to pore lighter fluid inside the stove to get enough heat quickly to reverse the draft. We had to open the windows for a few hours to get the smoke out.

But… having done that… this stove works beautifully. I loaded it up with wood around 4:30 pm and it’s still running strong at 6:30 am. I played with the temp setting off and on, but had it set to medium-low all night. I just turned it up to high and the flame started back up. When the stove is on medium or low you won’t see a flame.
I'll bet you sleep like a baby from here on out, unlike these folks in NC: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/gun ... s-and-cold

congratulations!