A Global Faith and Working on the Railroad - Unraveling One of the Most Interesting Threads To Appear On LDSFF

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: A Global Faith and Working on the Railroad - Unraveling One of the Most Interesting Threads To Appear On LDSFF

Post by endlessQuestions »

Here's some evidence that points in a different direction than everything else I've found tonight. Quite interesting:

"Stella used her prominence and influence in other political causes in the years that followed. She campaigned to retain Provo's council-manager form of government in which she had served. She spoke out to promote that form of government for Utah County. She also spoke out against the Equal Rights Amendment in the following Mailgram sent on January 20, 1975 to the "Utahns Opposed to 'ERA'" in Salt Lake City:

As a widowed mother who has had to support myself and my children for over thirty years, and as an elected city councilwoman and school official, I have always been conscious of womens aspirations and womens rights. I oppose the "ERA" because I believe that the proper aspirations of women will be realized more effectively by the legislative process, whereas a constitutional amendment carries high risk of unintended and unfavorable consequences for women and for society as a whole. I am pleased to join your efforts.

Stella Oaks was never hesitant to assert and to demonstrate that women had important contributions to make in public and community service and in employment as well. She resented being patronized by male professional colleagues who were no wiser and no more accomplished than she. She was also repelled by the unrighteous dominion she sometimes saw exercised by men in their family relationships.

But Stella Oaks was not a unisex feminist. Her band of "feminism," if we can call it that, was never to promote women's becoming indistinguishable from men in the marketplace or the workplace. The fact that this city councilwoman and assistant mayor would pull out her knitting when she felt stress during a public meeting is evidence enough of that. In a booklet published in 1975, she gave this advice on finding fulfillment as a women:

Being willing to find fulfillment daily in the little things, as well as in great projects. This will be a lifetime pursuit, for it will of necessity require that you fulfill God's assigned role for womankind, as well as fulfilling your own personality as a cherished individual daughter of God. You will labor to become comfortable in the role of friend, sweetheart, wife, mother, and neighbor, awaiting and fulfilling each role according to God's timing, and most important, doing it all cheerfully. (Jaynann Morgan Payne, To Fulfill Her Promise, p. 47 [Provo: Microlith Printing, 1975])."

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: A Global Faith and Working on the Railroad - Unraveling One of the Most Interesting Threads To Appear On LDSFF

Ezra Taft Benson knew Stella in the 1920's, and was apparently a fan:

"President Ezra Taft Benson, who had known Stella when they were both students at BYU in the 1920s, paid this tribute:

You know, there are four fields of activity in which a person should succeed if they are going to be successful. And it seems to me that Sister Stella Harris Oaks filled all four with distinction. I mention home and family; second, Church; third, in her profession--she was a great teacher and she loved to teach, and apparently she inspired that love in her family; and then, in her citizenship responsibility. She has excelled in all four. She is, I think to the highest degree, a successful woman. I rejoice in what has been said here today. This has been a choice service. . . . I had an unusual thought; I thought "this meeting has everything except the Sacrament." But I'm sure we have renewed our covenants here today in this service in a manner that will make all of us better men and women, more determined to profit from the example of this noble woman. . . . I'll leave here today a better man because of the review which has been made of this noble daughter of our Heavenly Father."

logonbump
captain of 100

Post by logonbump »

endlessismyname wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 10:03 pm Speaking of "where did the money come from":

Despite her meager teaching salary, and after only three years’ absence, Stella returned to Columbia University for several spring and summer sessions to complete her Master’s Degree in Guidance and Personnel Administration in August 1946.

https://www.stellahoaks.org/about-stella

Columbia University, you say?

https://historyhalf.com/columbia-univer ... communism/

"When it comes to left wing politics, however, one university stands alone as the all-time champion. Columbia University has been a training ground for America-hating radicals since at least the start of the twentieth century."

EDIT: an interesting comment from this same site:

"You left out Columbia University creating an entire department labeled the “ New School “ and then importing the majority of the the most rabid Marxists in the world to staff the school. Their political strategy referred to now as “Critical Theory” is now destroying the United States. They are referred to as The Frankfurt School."

So, I think it's fair to ask, how was Stella Oaks influenced during her time at Columbia University, and how was Dallin influenced by his mother?
Regarding Critical Theory as mentioned, this video describes the history of critical theory and it's leading to critical race theory.

https://rumble.com/virlq1-new-video-exp ... erica.html

From the description,
"This video lays out how well thought out and meticulous their plan really was. Step by step. Calculated. Real people colluding for over a 100 years to bring destruction to America and the rest of the world. Must see video"

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

logonbump wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 11:10 pm
endlessismyname wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 10:03 pm Speaking of "where did the money come from":

Despite her meager teaching salary, and after only three years’ absence, Stella returned to Columbia University for several spring and summer sessions to complete her Master’s Degree in Guidance and Personnel Administration in August 1946.

"When it comes to left wing politics, however, one university stands alone as the all-time champion. Columbia University has been a training ground for America-hating radicals since at least the start of the twentieth century."

"You left out Columbia University creating an entire department labeled the “ New School “ and then importing the majority of the the most rabid Marxists in the world to staff the school. Their political strategy referred to now as “Critical Theory” is now destroying the United States. They are referred to as The Frankfurt School."

So, I think it's fair to ask, how was Stella Oaks influenced during her time at Columbia University, and how was Dallin influenced by his mother?
Regarding Critical Theory as mentioned, this video describes the history of critical theory and it's leading to critical race theory.

https://rumble.com/virlq1-new-video-exp ... erica.html

From the description,
"This video lays out how well thought out and meticulous their plan really was. Step by step. Calculated. Real people colluding for over a 100 years to bring destruction to America and the rest of the world. Must see video"
At around 12:20 of that video it talks about Critical Theory "going on the road" from Columbia University to...

... you guessed it...

The University of Chicago.

Like father, like son.
Except when you're raised by a single mom, it changes a bit.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

creator wrote: December 4th, 2022, 12:28 am Since you mentioned Oaks & Communism: Oaks' communist ties/background
I’ve seen this circulated before. Do you happen to know the actual source? I didn’t see it in the doc itself…

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

I'm curious why the title of this thread is AGF's name and one of his thread titles and not simply a reference to some core issue to be analyzed?

What's the thread supposed to be about? That AGF, the LDS Q Anon, knows something and we're now going to comb through his 'drops' to figure out what he knew?

The coherent story here seems to be that perhaps Dallin Oaks has a shady / progressive background. Is the main idea that Oaks is really a closeted Marxist inserted by GBH (along with RMN) and they're all following the same commie handbook? Make that the subject of the thread !

People can obviously spend their time however they want -it seems more helpful to, first, do the digging, then start a thread with a main thesis backed by findings and, finally, discuss.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

endlessismyname wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 9:40 pm https://deseret.brightspotcdn.com/dims4 ... 73497.jpeg

I don't know anything about anything, but that's an interesting piece of jewelry Stella has on there. Can anyone else take a look and tell me if there's anything of interest there?
I noticed it too.

But it is too blurry for details.

Definitely worn for a reason.

She wanted it to be part of the picture.

Sit H

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

nvr wrote: December 4th, 2022, 1:14 am I'm curious why the title of this thread is AGF's name and one of his thread titles and not simply a reference to some core issue to be analyzed?

What's the thread supposed to be about? That AGF, the LDS Q Anon, knows something and we're now going to comb through his 'drops' to figure out what he knew?

The coherent story here seems to be that perhaps Dallin Oaks has a shady / progressive background. Is the main idea that Oaks is really a closeted Marxist inserted by GBH (along with RMN) and they're all following the same commie handbook? Make that the subject of the thread !

People can obviously spend their time however they want -it seems more helpful to, first, do the digging, then start a thread with a main thesis backed by findings and, finally, discuss.
Again you just have to inject yourself into a thread that you admittedly don't like.

The main idea is that AGF had something to say.

We would like to know what it was.

Why are you trying to limit this inquiry?

You are repeating the same behaviour as before.

Since I haven't seen you do this in other threads.

It can't be brushed off as OCD.

Attention seeking?

Pet peeve?

Troll?

What are you really afraid of?

What truth are you trying to hide?

Start your own thread and distract us there.

Waman.

Sir H

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

endlessismyname wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 10:59 pm Ezra Taft Benson knew Stella in the 1920's, and was apparently a fan:

"President Ezra Taft Benson, who had known Stella when they were both students at BYU in the 1920s, paid this tribute:

You know, there are four fields of activity in which a person should succeed if they are going to be successful. And it seems to me that Sister Stella Harris Oaks filled all four with distinction. I mention home and family; second, Church; third, in her profession--she was a great teacher and she loved to teach, and apparently she inspired that love in her family; and then, in her citizenship responsibility. She has excelled in all four. She is, I think to the highest degree, a successful woman. I rejoice in what has been said here today. This has been a choice service. . . . I had an unusual thought; I thought "this meeting has everything except the Sacrament." But I'm sure we have renewed our covenants here today in this service in a manner that will make all of us better men and women, more determined to profit from the example of this noble woman. . . . I'll leave here today a better man because of the review which has been made of this noble daughter of our Heavenly Father."
LOL!

Typical Conservative.

Soft head.

Soft heart.

It was a funeral, but...

Sir H
Last edited by HVDC on December 4th, 2022, 4:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

endlessismyname wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 10:52 pm Here's some evidence that points in a different direction than everything else I've found tonight. Quite interesting:

"Stella used her prominence and influence in other political causes in the years that followed. She campaigned to retain Provo's council-manager form of government in which she had served. She spoke out to promote that form of government for Utah County. She also spoke out against the Equal Rights Amendment in the following Mailgram sent on January 20, 1975 to the "Utahns Opposed to 'ERA'" in Salt Lake City:

As a widowed mother who has had to support myself and my children for over thirty years, and as an elected city councilwoman and school official, I have always been conscious of womens aspirations and womens rights. I oppose the "ERA" because I believe that the proper aspirations of women will be realized more effectively by the legislative process, whereas a constitutional amendment carries high risk of unintended and unfavorable consequences for women and for society as a whole. I am pleased to join your efforts.

Stella Oaks was never hesitant to assert and to demonstrate that women had important contributions to make in public and community service and in employment as well. She resented being patronized by male professional colleagues who were no wiser and no more accomplished than she. She was also repelled by the unrighteous dominion she sometimes saw exercised by men in their family relationships.

But Stella Oaks was not a unisex feminist. Her band of "feminism," if we can call it that, was never to promote women's becoming indistinguishable from men in the marketplace or the workplace. The fact that this city councilwoman and assistant mayor would pull out her knitting when she felt stress during a public meeting is evidence enough of that. In a booklet published in 1975, she gave this advice on finding fulfillment as a women:

Being willing to find fulfillment daily in the little things, as well as in great projects. This will be a lifetime pursuit, for it will of necessity require that you fulfill God's assigned role for womankind, as well as fulfilling your own personality as a cherished individual daughter of God. You will labor to become comfortable in the role of friend, sweetheart, wife, mother, and neighbor, awaiting and fulfilling each role according to God's timing, and most important, doing it all cheerfully. (Jaynann Morgan Payne, To Fulfill Her Promise, p. 47 [Provo: Microlith Printing, 1975])."
In other words.

She was a perfect change agent.

A useful idiot.

Termites don't eat wood to destroy a house.

They eat because it's what they do.

Nevertheless.

The house falls down.

Cute 'lil termite.

Sir H

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Interesting that she has a webpage.

Sir H

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

endlessismyname wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 10:00 am
tmac wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 8:00 am
HVDC wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 7:51 am I have not been able to identify the Chicago Law Firm he worked at for three years.

And I don't have time right now to keep looking.

Does anyone know?

"...Elder Oaks was able to obtain a coveted position as law clerk to Earl Warren, chief justice of the United States Supreme Court. Returning to Chicago, he practiced corporate law for three years and then became a professor at the prestigious law school from which he had received his degree. Over the next ten years he distinguished himself as a teacher and scholar and also served as associate and acting dean and as executive director of the American Bar Foundation. In 1971, Elder Oaks was appointed president of Brigham Young University..."

Sir H
Kirkland, Ellis, Hodson, Chaffetz & Masters, otherwise usually referred to simply as Kirkland, Ellis -- which obviously served as a great springboard for many of his elitist connections. It is fair to say that DHO did not necessarily come from an elite background, but he very, very quickly developed a multitude of elitist connections.
This feels like a critical piece of the puzzle.

Why was he chosen out?

By his own admission, he wasn't all that smart.

He was ambitious, and by all accounts, very hard working. I saw a source where his first wife says he was gone from 7am to 11pm every day except for Sunday during the early years of their marriage. Her quote was something along the lines of "those were very difficult times". I know what that means when my wife says it... I don't imagine it means anything all that different when Sister Oaks says it.

He was also deeply traumatized by the loss of his father at an impressionable age, as we all would be.

So why?

And who... WHO chose Dallin H. Oaks to be catapulted into this elite circle? That is a good research question right there...
Mommy gave him to them.

Price of admission.

First born.

Like Rumpelstiltskin.

I think the real question is becoming.

Who choose Stella.

Sir H

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Dirt poor folks all around.

If it wasn't for the dirt.

Their clothes would have fallen off.

Really.

So.

How did all of these Dirt Poor Folks.

Afford collage.

I mean.

I am constantly told that people are poor nowadays because they can't afford college.

So how did they do it back then?

Was college tuition cheaper?

Did grades matter less?

Most people back then only completed 8th grade.

Who was traveling the Utah countryside looking for future college grads?

And why.

How does Stella have a Foundation looking for single mothers.

Where did/does the money come from?

Outside of the obvious.

Who really benefits?

Funny that Ezra, the anti-communist, praised the life of a communist dupe.

The rot goes deep.

More to this story.

Sir H

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

This is getting very interesting. I remember abijah saying that LDS Freedom Forum is the cutting edge of Mormon theology and philosophy, and I believe it’s probably the cutting edge of Mormon history as well. The amount of mind-blowing stuff uncovered on this site is unreal.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

What event precipitated this saga?

New questions:

Who killed Dr. Lloyd E. Oaks?

Who benefited from his death?

Sir H

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Unraveling

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Luke wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:19 am This is getting very interesting. I remember abijah saying that LDS Freedom Forum is the cutting edge of Mormon theology and philosophy, and I believe it’s probably the cutting edge of Mormon history as well. The amount of mind-blowing stuff uncovered on this site is unreal.
No wonder the DS expected us to be expecting him. :lol:

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

More good questions.

The thing that strikes me the most in the “Like Mother Like Son” category is their apparent relentless thirst for worldly ACCLAIM, Power, INFLUENCE, and/or Control. What young, widowed Mormon mother in the 1930s leaves (abandons?) her young fatherless children and chases her own worldly ambitions? Undoubtedly Stella would be very proud of the the level to which her son has now attained and is on track for. She must be very proud.

And the “Follow the Money” question can’t be ignored. This all started in the 1930s, during the Great Depression, when many people were just trying to survive. But here’s this supposedly dirt poor young Mormon widow, who instead of tending to her supposedly disadvantaged children, is flitting around the country (repeatedly), and not just attending college, but pursuing an ambiguous graduate degree at a very spendy Ivy League university, while this country was still mired in a serious Depression and WWII. While many women had to go to work to survive and provide for their children while their men were off fighting the war, Stella Oaks obviously lived in a very different, and more privileged world — especially for the times. One can’t help but ask: Who was paying for all this? Where did the money come from?

And, finally, the supposed devotion to Education? Public Education? Another great video series is called Agenda & Agenda II, tracking the success of the Marxist agenda over the past 100 years. And their most effective tool has been the public education system.

There is obviously much more to this whole equation than might otherwise meet the eye.

In the meantime, NVR is still supposedly most concerned about AGF, and why his acronym is in the title of this thread. . . . The world is full of reasons to scratch one’s head.
Last edited by tmac on December 4th, 2022, 12:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

tmac wrote: December 4th, 2022, 7:31 am

More good questions.

The thing that strikes me the most in the “Like Mother Like Son” category is their apparent relentless thirst for worldly power, influence, and control. What widowed mother leaves (abandons?) her young fatherless children and chases her own worldly ambitions? Undoubtedly Stella would be very proud of the the level to which her son has now attained and is on track for. She must be very proud.

And the “Follow the Money” question can’t be ignored. This all started in the 1930s, during the Great Depression, when many people were just trying to survive. But here’s this supposedly starving widow, who instead of tending to her supposedly disadvantaged children, is flitting around the country, and not just attending college, but pursuing a graduate degree at a very spendy Ivy League university, while this country was still mired in a serious Depression and WWII. While many women had to go to work to survive and provide for their children while their men were off fighting the war, Stella Oaks obviously lived in a very different, and more privileged world — especially for the times. One can’t help but ask: Who was paying for all this? Where did the money come from?

And, finally, the supposed devotion to Education? Public Education? Another great video series is called Agenda & Agenda II, tracking the success of the Marxist agenda over the past 100 years. And their most effective tool has been the public education system.

There is obviously much more to this whole equation than might otherwise meet the eye.

In the meantime, NVR is still supposedly most concerned about AGF, and why his acronym is in the title of this thread. . . . The world is full of reasons to scratch one’s head.
Someone convinced her to leave her kids.

Someone came up with a way to pay.

They had a plan in place just for this.

That someone is important.

That someone will lead to more information.

That someone has covered their trail.

It is important to that someone.

That no one know.

And their Decendents.

Don't want us to know either.

If I were to guess.

Secret combinations in Utah are behind this recruitment.

And we will be surprised when we find out.

Who they are.

Sir H

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

You can buy anything in this world for money.

Did Stella and Dallin Oaks represent the final installment payments for final acquisition of the Mormon Church?
Last edited by tmac on December 4th, 2022, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

nvr wrote: December 4th, 2022, 1:14 am I'm curious why the title of this thread is AGF's name and one of his thread titles and not simply a reference to some core issue to be analyzed?

More helpful to whom?

You crack me up.

I'm not writing a thesis here.

I'm just doing research, and sharing my findings in real-time, on a public forum, with people who seem interested in the topic.

Some seem interested in learning more... others seem interested for other reasons which I have no insight into.

If the main idea you take away from my research so far is "The coherent story here seems to be that perhaps Dallin Oaks has a shady / progressive background. Is the main idea that Oaks is really a closeted Marxist inserted by GBH (along with RMN) and they're all following the same commie handbook?" that's okay. I've certainly not drawn that conclusion yet - I'm pretty sure I even say that explicitly here in the thread. Lots of smoke (and I do mean LOTS of smoke), but I haven't found anything I'd consider fire yet.

I would warn everyone here against drawing conclusions prematurely. But I can't think of a more appropriate question for a disciple of Jesus Christ to ask than "are the men and women claiming to have the authority to lead me 100% committed to our Master, or have they made oaths, covenants, or agreements that have divided their allegiance?".

Agreed?

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

creator wrote: December 4th, 2022, 12:50 am I don't know the source.
It looks like the sort of thing Jack Anderson might have used. Or, the John Birch Society. It seemed like it was made to be used by a writer.

In any case, there's a lot of info in it that is known to be accurate so it's easy to suspect the rest of it is also accurate.

It's a very disheartening thing to read just before church. I'm not surprised, but it still saddens me. The things we have lost by not being faithful and the lives that were ruined by these tares/cabalists are each hard to contemplate. They are truly worthy of the cup of wrath which we will drink if we don't repent.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

HVDC wrote: December 4th, 2022, 6:38 am What event precipitated this saga?

New questions:

Sir H
I have seen no evidence that such a question needs to be asked to this point.

I also haven't done much research on the topic.

And am not sure I will in the near future. So if it's a topic of interest for others, they will likely need to do their own research on it.