New Ten Commandments?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: New Ten Commandments?

Post by Thinker »

Niemand wrote: November 17th, 2022, 2:47 am
Thinker wrote: November 16th, 2022, 11:15 pm
Niemand wrote: November 16th, 2022, 9:52 am
Thinker wrote: November 14th, 2022, 11:10 am Sometimes the most dangerous enemy is the one closest to us…

Israel Passes U.S. Military Technology to China https://www.military.com/defensetech/20 ... y-to-china

(Edited to add…)

It’s almost as if some in positions of power are setting up another world war…

Biden admin gave secret intel to China to try to stop Russian invasion of Ukraine:
“… The diplomatic effort didn’t stop Russia and reportedly backfired when China went on to share the intelligence with Russia...”
https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/0 ... f-ukraine/

Oct ’22: Putin's Threats Bring Risk Of Nuclear 'Armageddon' To Highest Level https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart ... 5989b059e2

Nov. 2022: “…NATO kicked off its annual nuclear exercise, dubbed Steadfast Noon, in mid-October, and Russia launched its scheduled Grom strategic nuclear exercises about a week later. The exercises heightened tensions more than usual this year, as they took place after Russia intensified its brutal assault on Ukraine…” https://www.armscontrol.org/act/2022-11 ... -exercises
I don't think anyone's managed to source that Voltaire quotation. I've tried hunting for it a few times.
Yeah, some think some guy named, Kevin Alfred Strom said it.

Frankly, I care more about a statement’s truth than who said it.
It's true up to a point. As an example of the reverse, people aren't really allowed to criticise the severely disabled either, but they don't rule us.
Fair enough - correlation, not causation.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Looking for an update. Did they get their Pilar of Fire? Or did the fire create too much greenhouse gas?

mtmom
captain of 100

Post by mtmom »

endlessismyname wrote: November 14th, 2022, 10:23 am The “Ten Principles for Climate Repentance” cited by the organizers are:

We are stewards of this world
Creation manifests divinity
Everything in life is interconnected
Do no harm
Look after tomorrow
Rise above ego for our world
Change our inner climate
Repent and return
Every action matters
Use mind, open heart

Makes me feel pretty good about my prophets, actually.
Are you serious? Where is God mentioned in this? Looks like they want us to worship the creation instead of the Creator. Without worshipping the Creator, this is blasphemy.

mtmom
captain of 100

Post by mtmom »

Thinker wrote: November 14th, 2022, 10:48 am
endlessismyname wrote: November 12th, 2022, 6:47 pm Anyone know if the LDS church is a part of this?

https://www.jpost.com/environment-and-c ... cle-721751
Isn’t surprising that leaders have so misled, considering how some of their corrupt actions have been so visible the last couple years.

The 10 commandments are believed in by most of the world’s population - Christian, Muslim, Jew… etc so it also isn’t surprising that this is being used to try to warp religion to use it politically & to inch closer to global tyranny. I wonder how it relates to signing Noahide laws into US legislation back in 1991. Are TPTB going to try to criminalize any & all “sins” that contradict their political dogmatic creations?

Apparently here are the new & improved 10 commandments…

“Acknowledge a Higher Power
Like in Alcoholics Anonymous, the first commandment is to acknowledge, with humility, that we are partners with and subservient to the Creator.

Vote Climate
… hold governments and corporations accountable, since they are the ones desecrating our common home with each new drilling license and pipeline...

Do Not Murder
Since we know that millions of people—usually the poorest and indigenous—will die and suffer from the effects of extreme heat and cold, wild-fires, rising sea levels, and super-charged storms, why doesn't the business-as-usual approach of most leaders make them accessories to murder?

Do Not Steal
"Climate change is robbing our future," says Gili Berkovitz, 16, of Strike4Future in Tel Aviv. "We are also robbing nature of her ability to regenerate."

Do Not Bear False Witness
There are sins of omission—politicians not telling the truth about the real and immediate dangers of climate change; and there are sins of commission—the same leaders at the annual world climate conference, COP 27, who are approving new drilling and pipeline licenses. Together, says the writer David Hazony, these distortions of truth and policy lead to the sin of increased emissions.

Keep the Sabbath
Emissions are down 30 percent over the sabbath every week in Israel and are almost zeroed out on Yom Kippur (the Jewish Day of Atonement, the holiest of the year). A global weekly non-carbon day of rest could reduce emissions of the world by a seventh…

You Shall Innovate
… Technology can accelerate decarbonization; collaboration can accelerate implementation.

Honor Mother Earth
… climate change is a form of arson against the very home that nurtures our lives and that of all living creatures.

You Need Not Covet
…. we have the science and technology we need to build a world in which all people can have enough. We just need to achieve the political will."

Do Not Continue to be Hoodwinked
Oil and gas companies and disingenuous leaders want you to believe that reducing your carbon footprint through individual action is the key. Yet Alan Divack teaches we must not place the burden of solving climate change on individual action. Fossil fuel companies and governmental leaders together gamed the system to favor long-term burning of fossil fuels for energy, industry, and transportation no matter what individual action you take.”
https://www.newsweek.com/our-sin-emissi ... on-1736640

Maybe the author means well, but either way it isn’t too difficult to see how this could be used for evil more than for good.
Interesting. I looked on a Catholic news site, and they claim the Pope said the new ten commandments were something different than what this man stated. Another news site later listed the new ten commandments as something different than what the first Catholic news site listed. Hmmm. All the stories seem to come up with different "10 commandments". Maybe it isn't set in stone yet. 🤔

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

God said it; I believe it.

17 " For the earth is full, and there is enough and to spare; ...

Doctrine and covenants 104:13-18

These verses comforted me as a teen- amidst the dark doomsday news -- pollution, Over population
And climate fear-mongering

These word calm any fears and comfort me today-
I love the Lord's handiwork, I love knowing that He will provide - I love knowing that HE is in charge.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

mtmom wrote: November 18th, 2022, 10:18 am
endlessismyname wrote: November 12th, 2022, 6:47 pm Anyone know if the LDS church is a part of this?

https://www.jpost.com/environment-and-c ... cle-721751
Isn’t surprising that leaders have so misled, considering how some of their corrupt actions have been so visible the last couple years.

The 10 commandments are believed in by most of the world’s population - Christian, Muslim, Jew… etc so it also isn’t surprising that this is being used to try to warp religion to use it politically & to inch closer to global tyranny. I wonder how it relates to signing Noahide laws into US legislation back in 1991. Are TPTB going to try to criminalize any & all “sins” that contradict their political dogmatic creations?

Apparently here are the new & improved 10 commandments…

“Acknowledge a Higher Power
Like in Alcoholics Anonymous, the first commandment is to acknowledge, with humility, that we are partners with and subservient to the Creator.

Vote Climate
… hold governments and corporations accountable, since they are the ones desecrating our common home with each new drilling license and pipeline...

Do Not Murder
Since we know that millions of people—usually the poorest and indigenous—will die and suffer from the effects of extreme heat and cold, wild-fires, rising sea levels, and super-charged storms, why doesn't the business-as-usual approach of most leaders make them accessories to murder?

Do Not Steal
"Climate change is robbing our future," says Gili Berkovitz, 16, of Strike4Future in Tel Aviv. "We are also robbing nature of her ability to regenerate."

Do Not Bear False Witness
There are sins of omission—politicians not telling the truth about the real and immediate dangers of climate change; and there are sins of commission—the same leaders at the annual world climate conference, COP 27, who are approving new drilling and pipeline licenses. Together, says the writer David Hazony, these distortions of truth and policy lead to the sin of increased emissions.

Keep the Sabbath
Emissions are down 30 percent over the sabbath every week in Israel and are almost zeroed out on Yom Kippur (the Jewish Day of Atonement, the holiest of the year). A global weekly non-carbon day of rest could reduce emissions of the world by a seventh…

You Shall Innovate
… Technology can accelerate decarbonization; collaboration can accelerate implementation.

Honor Mother Earth
… climate change is a form of arson against the very home that nurtures our lives and that of all living creatures.

You Need Not Covet
…. we have the science and technology we need to build a world in which all people can have enough. We just need to achieve the political will."

Do Not Continue to be Hoodwinked
Oil and gas companies and disingenuous leaders want you to believe that reducing your carbon footprint through individual action is the key. Yet Alan Divack teaches we must not place the burden of solving climate change on individual action. Fossil fuel companies and governmental leaders together gamed the system to favor long-term burning of fossil fuels for energy, industry, and transportation no matter what individual action you take.”
https://www.newsweek.com/our-sin-emissi ... on-1736640

Maybe the author means well, but either way it isn’t too difficult to see how this could be used for evil more than for good.
Interesting. I looked on a Catholic news site, and they claim the Pope said the new ten commandments were something different than what this man stated. Another news site later listed the new ten commandments as something different than what the first Catholic news site listed. Hmmm. All the stories seem to come up with different "10 commandments". Maybe it isn't set in stone yet. 🤔
I see what you did there and spit MTN Dew out my nose laughing.

Maybe we were not yet ready to live the higher law, so they are giving us a lower law to live in preparation.
Last edited by tribrac on November 18th, 2022, 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mtmom
captain of 100

Post by mtmom »

tribrac wrote: November 18th, 2022, 12:23 pm
mtmom wrote: November 18th, 2022, 10:18 am
endlessismyname wrote: November 12th, 2022, 6:47 pm
I see what you did there and spite MTN Dew out my nose laughing.

Maybe we were not yet ready to live the higher law, so they are giving us a lower law to live in preparation.
Ouch! (Mountain Dew running out of your nose.) But maybe you are correct. Maybe we are not ready to live the UN "higher law". Maybe they will feed us just a little at a time....

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Chip wrote: November 13th, 2022, 10:45 pm This man was invited and scheduled to go to COP27, but had a premonition from others to not go. He talks about how the devil is in this thing and it is going to fail.

https://youtu.be/uVS_IyqC3oo

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

The Red Pill wrote: November 14th, 2022, 11:12 am…I can see what the church is up to here, boil the frog slowly. Well...personally, I'm putting Q15 on notice. One more word...just one word...of this climate change BS...and my fanny will NEVER grace one of it's uncomfortable pews or chairs EVER again...not even Easter or Christmas...
Definitely slow boil - so I keep a distance.

During flu lockdown bandwagon that the church jumped on, I happily thought I’d never go to church again. And so it was for a while - until I felt spiritually impressed to go - not for the corporate presidents but for the local brothers & sisters. I need their love & they need mine - as imperfect as it is. Granted, sometimes I can barely get through only sacrament mtg, & still my eyes spend a lot of time rolled based on what I hear. Maybe if all our family was on the same page, it’d be different, but for now, it’s what I feel is right for me.

moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Post by moonwhim »

endlessismyname wrote: November 12th, 2022, 7:07 pm Here's the link between this sacreligious conference and the church:

https://reliefweb.int/report/world/join ... ustainable

United Nations Interagency Task Force on Religion and Sustainable Development (IATF) is a sponsor of the event, and you guessed it, here's our name on their page as part of the Multi-Faith Advisory Council:
Endorsed by the members of the Multi-Faith Advisory Council to the Interagency Task Force on Religion and Sustainable Development

ACT Alliance
Adventist Development & Relief Agency
Al-Azhar University
Arigatou
Baha’i International Community
Bhumi Project, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies
Caritas Internationalis
Church of Latter-Day Saints
(redacted the rest)
Wonder if we'll hear about our new Ten Commandments anytime soon.... or will Elder Christofferson praise their intent but pooh-pooh their efforts as he has in the past?
How come "Jesus Christ" is missing from our Church's name above??

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

So...who & what exactly is causing climate change? Couldn’t be what is now called geoengineering, right?

My representatives in Washington told me 20-years ago that ‘weather engineering’ was “a hoax” whatever that means, given Weather Modification, Inc. in North Dakota was instrumental in engineering OPERATION POPEYE (1964-1968) over SE Asia by creating torrential rain in order to defeat N Vietnamese military resistance.

Environmental vandalism is something the Big Boys like to do in order to “get their way” - whatever “their way” happens to be as they move their agendas forward.

Don’t waste your or my time trolling this comment. I frankly don’t care whether you believe me or not.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

moonwhim wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 2:49 pm
endlessismyname wrote: November 12th, 2022, 7:07 pm Here's the link between this sacreligious conference and the church:

https://reliefweb.int/report/world/join ... ustainable

United Nations Interagency Task Force on Religion and Sustainable Development (IATF) is a sponsor of the event, and you guessed it, here's our name on their page as part of the Multi-Faith Advisory Council:
Endorsed by the members of the Multi-Faith Advisory Council to the Interagency Task Force on Religion and Sustainable Development

ACT Alliance
Adventist Development & Relief Agency
Al-Azhar University
Arigatou
Baha’i International Community
Bhumi Project, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies
Caritas Internationalis
Church of Latter-Day Saints
(redacted the rest)
Wonder if we'll hear about our new Ten Commandments anytime soon.... or will Elder Christofferson praise their intent but pooh-pooh their efforts as he has in the past?
How come "Jesus Christ" is missing from our Church's name above??
I've tried to get to the bottom of that question a couple times, but had no luck. I'm fairly good at extracting information from organizations that are required by law to provide it to me. It's much more difficult with organizations like the UN, and the church.

ComplianceOfficer
Hi, I'm new.

Post by ComplianceOfficer »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: November 14th, 2022, 10:31 am This was supposed to happen today, correct?

Did our church send an ambassador for the event?
of course we did! Elder Bednar representing our church at this blasphemous event🥹
https://climaterepentance.com/participants/
although i dont know in what capacity. Is the church led by Jesus or is the church led by these globalist campaigns mentioned in the video? Or combination? This video shows several clips, pulled from LDS.org, of leaders attending, speaking at, and supporting global marxist climate justice and other Anti-American goals that openly call to centralize all power to global elite to enact agendas that disregard individual liberty promised in our country’s sacred constitution. https://youtu.be/jTI2LQ_zAVU

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

ComplianceOfficer wrote: December 4th, 2022, 2:23 am
InfoWarrior82 wrote: November 14th, 2022, 10:31 am This was supposed to happen today, correct?

Did our church send an ambassador for the event?
of course we did! Elder Bednar representing our church at this blasphemous event🥹
https://climaterepentance.com/participants/
although i dont know in what capacity. Is the church led by Jesus or is the church led by these globalist campaigns mentioned in the video? Or combination? This video shows several clips, pulled from LDS.org, of leaders attending, speaking at, and supporting global marxist climate justice and other Anti-American goals that openly call to centralize all power to global elite to enact agendas that disregard individual liberty promised in our country’s sacred constitution. https://youtu.be/jTI2LQ_zAVU
Attachments
Screenshot_20221204-072228.png
Screenshot_20221204-072228.png (245.05 KiB) Viewed 291 times
Screenshot_20221204-075319.png
Screenshot_20221204-075319.png (913.35 KiB) Viewed 291 times

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Just heard a claim on Joel Skousen's Year End Briefing that none other than David Bednar was present at this event.

Wasn't ever able to find any evidence while I was searching, but for those interested, that would be where to look.

EDIT: I looked up the thread and see that somebody already found this.

Sorry about that.

Refraction75
captain of 100

Post by Refraction75 »

Niemand wrote: November 13th, 2022, 1:27 pm
endlessismyname wrote: November 12th, 2022, 7:12 pm According to this article a small group will still be heading up Mt. Sinai:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/11/12/ ... eremonies/
A small group of faith leaders will be allowed to ascend Jabal Mus and hold a repentance ceremony as originally planned.
The good news is that Jabal Mus (which means Moses' Mountain I think) may not be the Mount Sinai. But it is as blasphemous as the appropriation of the rainbow and other symbols.
Sure destroy the 10 commandments from God and replace them with 10 new commandments made by men. Do this act at the highest peaks of Salt Lake City and Mt Sinai. NOTHING BLASPHEMOUS TO GOD AT ALL! They are really trying to mock and provoke God. THIS WONT END WELL FOR THEM.
Last edited by Refraction75 on December 5th, 2022, 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Refraction75
captain of 100

Post by Refraction75 »

farmerchick wrote: November 14th, 2022, 10:15 pm
Subcomandante wrote: November 13th, 2022, 4:45 pm
endlessismyname wrote: November 13th, 2022, 11:52 am Okay, found the direct link:

https://fore.yale.edu/event/%E2%80%9CRe ... Repentance

"Coordinated by the Elijah Interfaith Institute, the Interfaith Center for Sustainable Development, and the Peace Department."

->

https://elijah-interfaith.org/world-rel ... an-leaders

Search for "Elder Jeffrey Holland, USA"

-----------------

'We come to Sinai in a movement of repentance and quest. We seek a new vision for humanity and its endangered existence, and we seek to receive and amplify a message of life-sustaining living and habits that humanity needs to hear today. In this spirit, the project partners will bring together premier religious leaders from the world’s major religions to put forth a prophetic interreligious call to action: “We come to Sinai in a movement of repentance and quest. We seek a new vision for humanity and its endangered existence, and we seek to receive and amplify a message of life-sustaining living and habits that humanity needs to hear today. In this spirit, the project partners will bring together premier religious leaders from the world’s major religions to put forth a prophetic interreligious call to action: “Ten Universal Principles for Climate Justice”'.

Looks like it's going to take them some time to write down the prophetic utterings:
Mon, Nov. 14th - 10:30 – 11:00 am Faith Leaders Share Ten Universal Principles for Climate Justice

Get ready - you can post it right next to your Proclamation on the Family!

-----
Bonus:

Other Partners: The UN Environment Program’s Faith for Earth Initiative works to strategically engage with faith-based organizations and partner with them to collectively achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and fulfill the objectives of the 2030 Agenda.
Just to clarify, Elder Holland is not listed as a board member, current or past, but as a participant in interreligious faith efforts as brought forward by the foundation.

Which is not a bad thing.
you got to be kiddin....lol....this is not a problem that climate change is now like a religion to some? Why is religion relevant when we have climate justice, social justice, socialism, communism, which all take away free agency of man? This new religion of climate change/justice will taint all religions who partake. I am not against good stewardship and new technologies....but the fact that this agenda will be driven by world religious leaders who are involved in any capacity should be of concern to all of us. If new energy sources were widely available, economical and people really like the product, government wouldn't have to bribe everyone through subsidies, legislative funding to certain technologies, or with the covid stimulus like they have done. Entrepreneurs would be coming up with the capital to innovate and bring us the best technology at the best price....instead we have the ptb using religious leaders to come up with a blasphemous new ten climate commandments and our leaders right there getting involved. The whole idea that man can control climate change in any fashion is laughable.....meanwhile we've got the Chinese and Russians going like gang busters with coal plants and wars.....russia even threatening to nuke Ukraine and possibly the US.....and we are getting all the religious leaders on board with the climate agenda....this is laughable and a distraction...
I am just trying to figure out... when was it exactly that angry Gretta wasn't enough for the elitists to push global climate change control!

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Refraction75 wrote: December 5th, 2022, 1:12 am
Niemand wrote: November 13th, 2022, 1:27 pm The good news is that Jabal Mus (which means Moses' Mountain I think) may not be the Mount Sinai. But it is as blasphemous as the appropriation of the rainbow and other symbols.
Sure destroy the 10 commandments from God and replace them with 10 new commandments made by men. Do this act at the highest peaks of Salt Lake City and Mt Sinai. NOTHING BLASPHEMOUS TO GOD AT ALL! They are really trying to mock and provoke God. THIS WONT END WELL FOR THEM.
That is a complete misrepresentation of what I said. I hope it is sarcasm.
I am just trying to figure out... when was it exactly that angry Gretta wasn't enough for the elitists to push global climate change control!
When she became a woman? Word has it that Greta is a little bit more independent than she is given credit for. Maybe she went off script? I've no doubt she will pop up as leader of the European Green Movement at some stage. Maybe she has been given a break so that she doesn't think she can outrank her controllers.

Refraction75
captain of 100

Post by Refraction75 »

Niemand wrote: December 5th, 2022, 3:46 am
Refraction75 wrote: December 5th, 2022, 1:12 am
Niemand wrote: November 13th, 2022, 1:27 pm The good news is that Jabal Mus (which means Moses' Mountain I think) may not be the Mount Sinai. But it is as blasphemous as the appropriation of the rainbow and other symbols.
That is a complete misrepresentation of what I said. I hope it is sarcasm.
When she became a woman? Word has it that Greta is a little bit more independent than she is given credit for. Maybe she went off script? I've no doubt she will pop up as leader of the European Green Movement at some stage. Maybe she has been given a break so that she doesn't think she can outrank her controllers.
Yes, you caught my sarcasm. I agree with you completely.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Our church is finished