Chilling statement by President Trump

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Chilling statement by President Trump

Post by endlessQuestions »

'"Stella was described as an incurable optimist. A long-time newspaper friend described this quality in a column about her: “Stella Harris Oaks is the eternal optimist. She could never see the gloomy side of anything. It used to irritate me now and then. Impractical, too idealistic, too Pollyanna, I would think.”'

I'd say this fits the profile. And she was what we'd now call a "community organizer":

"Stella’s native intelligence, her teaching skills, her love for people, and her innate optimism made Stella a natural leader with a remarkable capacity to bring people together to accomplish a common task"

I'd like to find some harder evidence regarding her specific political beliefs and associations, though. This is all speculation and degrees of separation. Not good enough.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

A description of Stella's father:

"Her father Silas Albert was a poet, idealist, and schoolteacher driven to farming by economic necessity"

https://sites.google.com/nebo.edu/phsha ... ella?pli=1

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Here's an interesting tidbit about potential abuse of the Stella Oaks Foundation:

"Hi There, I love to see the kind of work that is done by this organization. It warms my heart to see people in dire straights really brought out of the muck and back to a happier life. However, it makes me ill to see people abuse this trust. I recently read the “stories” section on the foundation website. I am disturbed by the comments made by “Kim”. Sadly I know this lady well. Her children are very well taken care of by their father. Her ex husband provides very well for her and she came away from her divorce with loads of assets, some liquid. She pulls in the national average for income and has a mountain of money she can access. She had defrauded other organizations and is quite good at it. The statement she made about her ex-husband is unfounded and ludicrous. That man has done everything for his children. I’m writing to you because this lady needs to be stopped and held accountable for what she has taken from those that truly need it. I am writing this anonymously because I am deathly afraid of this woman and what she will do if she finds out."

http://www.amyreesanderson.com/blog/the ... 4wuknbMLWA

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

And here's some interesting info about the Stella Oaks Foundation, including their "Sustainable Development Goals" (does that sound familiar? It should... it's UN-speak)...

https://www.guidestar.org/profile/82-1605519

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Tonight's conclusion:

Stella Oaks is a person of interest in this story.

It appears that her history has been what we would call "white-washed" (or is that "pure-washed"): you can find the same stories repeated over and over, but nothing of substance about the critical times in her life.

She was a major public figure in Provo, but you can't find a single thing about her political beliefs, positions, or votes with normal searches.

Fishy.

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Post by Letfreedumbring »

endlessismyname wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 10:33 pm Tonight's conclusion:

It appears that her history has been what we would call "white-washed" (or is that "pure-washed"): you can find the same stories repeated over and over, but nothing of substance about the critical times in her life.

She was a major public figure in Provo, but you can't find a single thing about her political beliefs, positions, or votes with normal searches.

Fishy.
I am not sure about communist part for Stella but if there was Oaks would definitely be the man with the legal expertise and sheer will to cover it up. Stella did have mental issues that prevented Oaks from living with his mother for a time.

Oaks pretends to be conservative but is part of the new liberal collective. He was certainly an understudy of RMN for quite some time. Just listen to him talk at the press conference in 2018. Also no one gets into the First Presidency unless the President likes them. This is why we are sans-Uchtdorf as a counselor at this time.

Oaks was the guy who was really pissed off at Ezra Taft Benson's conservativism. Believe it or not I think another strong opponent of Benson was Hinckley. Unfortunately, Benson was prob too far gone by then. If I recall correctly I think Benson got Oaks released from BYU as president. Then, Hinckley via the 3rd counselor or 16th apostle got Oaks into the 12. The drama that goes on with these people - nothing is ever as it appears I am learning.

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

Letfreedumbring wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 8:59 pm Image

Yes the current guy is making sure laws aren't upheld but I would not assume Trump will uphold them either given a second term.

Birds of a feather flock together.
“There's a real cool club on the other side of town…
Yeah, it's a real cool club and you're not part of it…”

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

When looking at the spectacle called American politics (I'm Canadian) I have to chuckle whenever the topic of election fraud comes up. There are two major political parties in the USA and they are both very powerful, wealthy and staffed with graduates from the best universities in the country. Both parties are always at each other's throat and one might think that come election time each of these parties would put their best foot forward to capture the hearts, minds and imaginations of the people in order to secure enough votes to win the election. During the last election one party thought that their best option was a moral reprobate who would "do" his own daughter and the other side countered by offering a senile pedophile. This is an absolute mockery and proof enough for me that the whole American political system has been hijacked and that your vote does not matter in the USA. Think about it, or as Joe Brandon would say, "C'mon maaaaan!"

Sadly, things are no different in Canada, just more boring.

Mike

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

MikeMaillet wrote: December 4th, 2022, 4:05 am When looking at the spectacle called American politics (I'm Canadian) I have to chuckle whenever the topic of election fraud comes up. There are two major political parties in the USA and they are both very powerful, wealthy and staffed with graduates from the best universities in the country. Both parties are always at each other's throat and one might think that come election time each of these parties would put their best foot forward to capture the hearts, minds and imaginations of the people in order to secure enough votes to win the election. During the last election one party thought that their best option was a moral reprobate who would "do" his own daughter and the other side countered by offering a senile pedophile. This is an absolute mockery and proof enough for me that the whole American political system has been hijacked and that your vote does not matter in the USA. Think about it, or as Joe Brandon would say, "C'mon maaaaan!"

Sadly, things are no different in Canada, just more boring.

Mike
Yep. We're a mess.

The leadership often is as blind, deaf, and corrupt as the people. Is it any wonder that the US has leaders who are corrupt in so many and obvious ways, sexually decrepit, dishonest, expert at gaming the system, celebrity-focused, etc? Our current president is deaf, blind, has no idea what he's doing next, demented, and easily led (because he is so far gone that he doesn't know what he's supposed to do next). What a prime example of the state of most individual Americans.

1775peasant
captain of 100

Post by 1775peasant »

Letfreedumbring wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 11:37 pm

Fishy.
I am not sure about communist part for Stella but if there was Oaks would definitely be the man with the legal expertise and sheer will to cover it up. Stella did have mental issues that prevented Oaks from living with his mother for a time.

Oaks pretends to be conservative but is part of the new liberal collective. He was certainly an understudy of RMN for quite some time. Just listen to him talk at the press conference in 2018. Also no one gets into the First Presidency unless the President likes them. This is why we are sans-Uchtdorf as a counselor at this time.

Oaks was the guy who was really pissed off at Ezra Taft Benson's conservativism. Believe it or not I think another strong opponent of Benson was Hinckley. Unfortunately, Benson was prob too far gone by then. If I recall correctly I think Benson got Oaks released from BYU as president. Then, Hinckley via the 3rd counselor or 16th apostle got Oaks into the 12. The drama that goes on with these people - nothing is ever as it appears I am learning.

i’ve read a bit about how when ETB was sustained as Prophet, in his first meeting with the other 14 PSRs…..he asked whom among them believed in the great conspiracy that he had preached about throughout his time as a GA in the Church?……It was told that GBH & TSM were the only 2 outa those 14 that agreed with him, 2 of today’s 1st Presidency were present at that meeting…..

Generic User
captain of 10

Post by Generic User »

1775peasant wrote: December 4th, 2022, 7:34 am

Fishy.

i’ve read a bit about how when ETB was sustained as Prophet, in his first meeting with the other 14 PSRs…..he asked whom among them believed in the great conspiracy that he had preached about throughout his time as a GA in the Church?……It was told that GBH & TSM were the only 2 outa those 14 that agreed with him, 2 of today’s 1st Presidency were present at that meeting…..
Any idea where you read that? That's fascinating and wholly unsurprising.

NowWhat
captain of 100

Post by NowWhat »

Check YouTube for the Brunson Brothers, or Loy Brunson, (+ Supreme Court), who have filed a citizen's case regarding unconstitutional omissions in the 2020 election. They used to be in my old ward. Very gutsy and maybe promising. They say that the case is constitutional, not political. The case is against everyone who voted to affirm the election, hundreds of representatives, apparently including Mike Lee. This could get interesting.
Last edited by NowWhat on December 5th, 2022, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

jpark wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 8:35 pm Are you an American citizen?

Subcomandante wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 5:30 pm Um, no they don't. First of all the fraud has to be proven, which it never was.

The Constitution is above the power of one man's will of changing it. Another reason why I cannot support this man.
Donald Trump wrote:“Do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,"

I would like to know this, as well - Subcomandante/Samizdat - are you an American citizen?

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Subcomandante wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 5:30 pm Um, no they don't. First of all the fraud has to be proven, which it never was.

The Constitution is above the power of one man's will of changing it. Another reason why I cannot support this man.
Donald Trump wrote:“Do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,"
You didn't include a source, amigo. Is this a tweet? I looked at his twitter account and he hasn't posted a tweet in a year or more. I've seen lots of news articles claiming the same but none so far that I've seen have provided a link to the source. Not that I care for Trump. Just saying.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Trump is a tool, and there is plenty I don't like about the man. The one thing he does which I like is disrupt the establishment.

He is like Rodney Dangerfield's character in Candy Shack. The country club is all comfy in their egalitarian wealth, and they piss on the grounds crew and caddies. Rodney shows up and has money like the country clubbers, but they never accept him into their in crowd. He disrupts everything, shakes it up, challenges the assumptions of the ruling class. And reminds everyone the country clubber crowd and the country club staff are not that different.

American politics had become an unquestionable Hegemony spewing out war, special interests, and insider deals. Al Czervik, er uh Trump came on the scene and they hate him for destroying their self fantasy of elitism.

So let's be real about what is 'chilling'. It should be chilling to know the media played along with the made up Russia Gate narrative, then later buried the revelation it was a conspiracy with Hillary, DNC, and FBI. They conspired to present false news to influence an election and then undermine a president.

The news media talks it as a matter of fact that companies, like Twitter should cooperate with DNC to hide critics (James Woods), bury stories that hurt Democrats (Hunter laptop), or create fake momentum (Twitter bots). Government and business in bed together ...that is the original meaning of fascism, shouldn't that be chilling?

These things should concern every free person in the world because the establishment will not self-regulate. Trump's chaos helps show just how far the establishment goes.

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

tribrac wrote: December 4th, 2022, 1:12 pm
Trump is a tool, and there is plenty I don't like about the man. The one thing he does which I like is disrupt the establishment.
Yes that is one of the only good things and the reprieve from the direct assault that is going on now.

But he is still a tool of the elite. It could be argued he is very much one of them.
Just he is confirming what the peasants already knew so we think he is one of us.
Why would he do that? He definitely doesn't want the the gravy train to end.

He is damage control. Notice how conservatives and patriots keep getting short end of stick for his misguided influences. Now I do not like the media's treatment of him. Can we say DNC overreach?

But just because they try to smear his character in areas where there is no need for besmirching doesn't mean we can assume he is all good either. Their objective is to polarize into right and left so these parties care not who should be leading them, or what we should be doing, as long as whatever the action it is against the other guy.

1775peasant
captain of 100

Post by 1775peasant »

Generic User wrote: December 4th, 2022, 7:57 am

Fishy.

Any idea where you read that? That's fascinating and wholly unsurprising.
i think it was from Kevin Kraut? but it could of come from Micheal Quinn?

1775peasant
captain of 100

Post by 1775peasant »

NowWhat wrote: December 4th, 2022, 9:16 am Check YouTube for the Brunson Brothers, or Loy Brunson,(+ Supreme Court), who have filed a citizen's case regarding unconstitutional omissions in the 2020 election. They used to be in my old ward. Very gutsy and maybe promising. They say that the case is constitutional, not political. The case is against everyone who voted to affirm the election, hundreds of representatives, apparently including Mike Lee. This could get interesting.

hope this doesn’t turn out like the Collier Bros from Florida back in the early-mid 90s, and i have no idea if they where members?

but they videoed voting fraud taking place at Florida voting polls, turned the tapes over to the Florida AG at the time (Janet Reno), and she had them indicted & they both served time when it was all said & done…..

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Which would make sense that he selected GBH and TSM as counselors for 1st Presidency.

Also that he may have in fact said he was worried about the people who worked at Church Office Building at the highest levels rather than the government. Who knows how much of that was all senility? There was a video kind of talking about this on LDS FF.

https://youtu.be/WvSYj2pE7NI?t=133
Last edited by Letfreedumbring on December 4th, 2022, 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

1775peasant
captain of 100

Post by 1775peasant »

Letfreedumbring wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:48 pm
Which would make sense that he selected GBH and TSM as counselors for 1st Presidency.

Also that he may have in fact said he was worried about the people who worked at Church Office Building.
Who knows how much of that was all senility?
at that point, i think ETB was still very cognizant of his position & place…..no doubt, that later on ETB’s questionable health was certainly in play, and used by others to forward an agenda….imo

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

1775peasant wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:54 pm
Letfreedumbring wrote: December 4th, 2022, 5:48 pm

Also that he may have in fact said he was worried about the people who worked at Church Office Building.
Who knows how much of that was all senility?
at that point, i think ETB was still very cognizant of his position & place…..no doubt, that later on ETB’s questionable health was certainly in play, and used by others to forward an agenda….imo
Whose questionable health and senility? Biden or ETB? Okay nevermind gotcha the same agenda

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

tribrac wrote: December 4th, 2022, 1:12 pm Trump is a tool, and there is plenty I don't like about the man. The one thing he does which I like is disrupt the establishment.

He is like Rodney Dangerfield's character in Candy Shack. The country club is all comfy in their egalitarian wealth, and they piss on the grounds crew and caddies. Rodney shows up and has money like the country clubbers, but they never accept him into their in crowd. He disrupts everything, shakes it up, challenges the assumptions of the ruling class. And reminds everyone the country clubber crowd and the country club staff are not that different. . . . . .
But you seem to ignore that in disrupting the establishment he upended and overturned several of their closely held projects and directions.

The typical academic elite view of the man, is that he's a buffoon and/or a no-nothing/shill. Unfortunately, that view doesn't quite make the grade.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

marc wrote: December 4th, 2022, 10:06 am

You didn't include a source, amigo. Is this a tweet? I looked at his twitter account and he hasn't posted a tweet in a year or more. I've seen lots of news articles claiming the same but none so far that I've seen have provided a link to the source. Not that I care for Trump. Just saying.
Wherever he said this, and if he actually did, he should have phrased it better. Maybe more on the line: "A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude effectively results in the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,"

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Woah, that's scary. Either it's a fake, or they think that Conservatives will actually support suspending the constitution. Hopefully, they are getting desparate?

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Probably a fake misquote.