A Questioning of the Nature of this Reality. Shall we Begin?

For non-mainstream, heterodoxical discussions. Request access to the Heretic Group here.
FrankOne
captain of 1,000

A Questioning of the Nature of this Reality. Shall we Begin?

Post by FrankOne »

I recently made this post on a Flat Earth thread:
===============================================

I choose to spend effort in understanding something that I don't bring up much here because my studies and positions are heretical by any standard.

-The simulation that we are in,
-who created it, why, ?
-what role we played in this choice,
-If this is a simulation, how do we exit it?
-does choice even exist?,
-is there a spiritual script that is already written and now we are simply living it out in the physical?
-Can there be any will in contrary to He who created will?
-Why do we have thoughts that we don't agree with?
-Are any of our thoughts ours?
-What is the natural man and how does it end? What is the result of that ending?
-What is translation? Why aren't any of the principles of translation openly taught? Are there any?
-Is sin what we have been taught it to be?
-Can perfectly created children ever "sin"? (how can perfection be tainted?)
-How does perfect forgiveness actually occur?
-Is the action of forgiveness what we think it is?
-Do all of Gods children go home or was his plan imperfectly conceived?
-What did Christ actually do?
-Is the veil what we have been taught that it is? What if it isn't? Are there layers or degrees to this "veil"?
-Is the ultimate goal only to "remember?? (that action would end the simulation for that person).

I have no intention of derailing this thread....

I thought I'd post this and see if there is any interest. If so... I'll start a thread on it in the heretic forum.

(end post)
=============================================

This is a broad topic with many branches.

These have been my focus of study for a very long time. I am in hopes that some will take interest and venture with me into this manner of understanding of God, Christ, This 'Place' , and Ourselves... if only for a short while. Some of what I will propose will be speculative yet a portion of it will be simply "real" or true. I will make every attempt to delineate the two. Some of what I will present will be my own perspectives while a portion will be from what could be called "A Stranger" that received this information directly from God. The identity of that stranger will remain anonymous.

There are subjects that yield something productive that can be used in this life to get closer to God or bring a fuller experience which results in joy. There is a productive purpose in this thread. I believe that the truth sets a man free and that the measure of information is whether it binds us or frees us. When we live free, we can be lead by the spirit without obstructions. I am not referring to being like a hippy , without self restraint. I am referring to the lifting of self-imposed burdens which need not exist. Self imposed burdens are those that we create within our own minds which have no foundation in the truth of Christ.

It now is "The Time to Share the Truth". It is my intention in this thread to shed a small amount of light toward that direction with the hope that others will do the same.

If there is interest in any of the topic lines above or anything in this genre , take a moment and express interest and I will present some information on that subject and hopefully others will do the same. There will be many times that it will be necessary to cover a portion of other subjects in order to answer the question. There will be overlap. Some answers could be called "authoritative" while others will be given speculatively because what has been given to me from different sources is not always definitive.

I do invite any comments or even debate if it's kept on the light side . I would prefer for this to not be a monologue.
I would also appreciate comments from anyone else that has been given keen insight or experience in these subjects.

Perhaps we can walk in a path of mutual learning.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Re: A Questioning of the Nature of this Reality. Shall we Begin?

Post by Shawn Henry »

FrankOne wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 7:21 pm Some of what I will present will be my own perspectives while a portion will be from what could be called "A Stranger" that received this information directly from God. The identity of that stranger will remain anonymous.
This is intriguing, care to expound.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Shawn Henry wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 8:06 pm
FrankOne wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 7:21 pm Some of what I will present will be my own perspectives while a portion will be from what could be called "A Stranger" that received this information directly from God. The identity of that stranger will remain anonymous.
This is intriguing, care to expound.
On that subject, it will be all that is said by me. The information will stand on it's own merits. There is no claim of authority.If you really think about it, if I were to expound on the identity of this person, would it validate anything? No, it would only bring more questions and attempts to discredit.

The material can either be judged as false or true. It stands on it's own.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

:!: :idea: :D Very interested.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 9:09 pm :!: :idea: :D Very interested.
any particular topic on the list above?

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

FrankOne wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 9:10 pm
FoxMammaWisdom wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 9:09 pm :!: :idea: :D Very interested.
All of these :D
-who created it, why, ?
-is there a spiritual script that is already written and now we are simply living it out in the physical?
-What is the natural man and how does it end? What is the result of that ending?
-What is translation? Why aren't any of the principles of translation openly taught? Are there any?
-Is the veil what we have been taught that it is? What if it isn't? Are there layers or degrees to this "veil"?
-Is the ultimate goal only to "remember?? (that action would end the simulation for that person).

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

FrankOne wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 7:21 pm I recently made this post on a Flat Earth thread:

I choose to spend effort in understanding something that I don't bring up much here because my studies and positions are heretical by any standard.

-who created it, why, ?

I thought I'd post this and see if there is any interest. If so... I'll start a thread on it in the heretic forum.

(end post)

These have been my focus of study for a very long time. I am in hopes that some will take interest and venture with me into this manner of understanding of God, Christ, This 'Place' , and Ourselves... if only for a short while. Some of what I will propose will be speculative yet a portion of it will be simply "real" or true. I will make every attempt to delineate the two. Some of what I will present will be my own perspectives while a portion will be from what could be called "A Stranger" that received this information directly from God. The identity of that stranger will remain anonymous.

There are subjects that yield something productive that can be used in this life to get closer to God or bring a fuller experience which results in joy. There is a productive purpose in this thread. I believe that the truth sets a man free and that the measure of information is whether it binds us or frees us. When we live free, we can be lead by the spirit without obstructions. I am not referring to being like a hippy , without self restraint. I am referring to the lifting of self-imposed burdens which need not exist. Self imposed burdens are those that we create within our own minds which have no foundation in the truth of Christ.

It now is "The Time to Share the Truth". It is my intention in this thread to shed a small amount of light toward that direction with the hope that others will do the same.

If there is interest in any of the topic lines above or anything in this genre , take a moment and express interest and I will present some information on that subject and hopefully others will do the same. There will be many times that it will be necessary to cover a portion of other subjects in order to answer the question. There will be overlap. Some answers could be called "authoritative" while others will be given speculatively because what has been given to me from different sources is not always definitive.

I do invite any comments or even debate if it's kept on the light side . I would prefer for this to not be a monologue.
I would also appreciate comments from anyone else that has been given keen insight or experience in these subjects.

Can you know the answer to any of those questions?
Is your body you or are you just close?
Are your thoughts you? How would you know?
What can you know?
From your perspective, what can *I* know?
What can I know about I?
What can the *I* reading this do?
Can it read?
Can it see?
Can it imagine?
Can it witness?

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 9:13 pm
FrankOne wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 9:10 pm
All of these :D
-who created it, why, ?
:) hahaha.

thanks for giving me a smile.

I guess I'll start with the natural man within the simulation.

Consider a perfect being that is completely incomprehensible. He is the life all things within the universe and without it. He is all things, seen and unseen. Before creation as we know it, he created an image of himself in order to experience himself. Can the ocean know what it feels like to be 'wet'?

The following is more speculation with some known facts but it serves to create the background of how the natural man came into being:

He created a single creation which was in image of himself. Unless there are questions, I'll speak more generally on this subject. The image was life or intelligence. This intelligence was formless as we would define it. The creator formed the intelligence into souls which were self aware. He allowed them to create and learn, they became what are known as Gods. Time and the material worlds were created by them.

These Gods learned various means to grow faster in power. These created more souls by using the originally created intelligences. These creations of souls were in concert with the will of the Creator. The Gods benefited from doing this through various means which in truth, are unimportant because in all of creation, injustice doesn't exist.

One underlying fact: Injustice is impossible because Nothing real can be harmed. Nothing unreal exists.

The Creator only creates that which cannot be harmed. His creations are indestructible in every definition of the word.

Souls were given free will. Bodies were created and the physical life was born. A choice was made by many souls which was to live within their own world , making choices which were contrary to the Creator. To do this, a veil had to be created , because without the veil, Man would not be able to contradict the Creator. The plan was one of learning, but also one of rebellion. Thus was born the path of "growth through adversity". This is known as willfulness.

Plans drawn, Lords appointed and humanity came into being. A course of forgetfulness, pain and suffering. The Creator, being the consciousness of all, understood this would occur before it began. He provides a Savior that comes to physical, illusory, worlds in intervals of time to give a door for the perfect souls to return . All are perfect and always will be.

Fact: All that is required in salvation is willingness
. The error was wilfulness which created the veil and separation. The solution is it's opposite. It's about going backwards, not forwards. The path of willingness is one that is seemingly slow and self sacrificial. but...can sacrifice of an illusion really be called a sacrifice?

The Natural Man is a fictional character created by the soul. He fears, he can be hurt and feels that he is a victim to his environment and even his body that he can never fully control although he will spend his existence trying to do so.

What i have set forth might inspire many questions. Any of interest?

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

harakim wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 10:08 pm
FrankOne wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 7:21 pm I recently made this post on a Flat Earth thread:

-who created it, why, ?

(end post)

What can you know?
What can I know about I?
Can it read?
Can it see?
Can it imagine?
Can it witness?
You are : An awareness within a soul with the ability to choose. You are nothing but these. The rest is fiction. The you that you know is an accumulation of what you have chosen to believe in in this virtual world. Every reaction that you've ever had to anything in your entire life is recorded as "you" and results in programming that will later play back to you. ie, "I don't like country music" - then... when you hear country music, you are irritated and unconsciously go to change the station. This is your mind and body reminding you of who "you" are. The mainframe program is to keep you where you are.... unless you consciously change it. This is why "change is difficult".

The awareness programs the mind and can use the mind to both do and undo. To go forward and to go backward toward home.

Your thoughts are generations of the mind, not you, but you programmed the mind and the mind works against you with your own choices. This is the greatest adversary by design. The idea of growth through pain. You can learn to still your mind completely and in doing this, you will discern the truth on this subject. In the beginning, trying to still your mind, you will find great resistance and that will be the first indication that this is true. The learning to still the mind takes effort. If you wish to know the details, i will explain them by request. These concepts are not theoretical.

Reading words cannot , in the least, teach knowledge. We are speaking in the terms of precise truth, not man made ideas of knowledge. Knowledge of man is like memorizing a comic book. The real world isn't relative to the man made world.

Knowledge is only granted by the Creator/Jesus Christ/ and the Holy Ghost. When this occurs you will have a certainty which cannot be changed nor altered. It remains as fact within your mind. It isn't backed up by scriptures or any words at all. It just IS. If you feel the motivation to engage in debate on it, it is not knowledge. If you have times when you're not sure about it, it isn't knowledge. If you entertain concepts which create doubt on the subject, it is not knowledge.

There are slow ways to gain knowledge and there are more rapid processes. The slower way is to study , read, pray and fast. These prepare the mind for divinity to communicate directly to you. Reading incorrect material blocks the mind from gaining knowledge because you are believing, by default, in false programming. You must believe to some extent before you can know. The mind needs preparation. You will very rarely receive knowledge which contradicts your beliefs. if you wish detail on this subject, let me know.

The "I" that is reading this is your fictional character , but you are aware of it on some level. I say "some level" because each person is at a different level of self awareness. Some are completely asleep with their bodies and minds on autopilot. You can make choices at any time to become more actively aware of what you are doing and change your current self in any moment but....it takes consistent repetition which usually is the reason why so few make much progress. Repetition of correct principles takes self discipline and time. If you have a specific question in this regard, I will address it.

great questions. :)

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

FrankOne wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 10:59 pm

-who created it, why, ?

(end post)

What can you know?
What can I know about I?
Can it read?
Can it see?
Can it imagine?
Can it witness?
You are : An awareness within a soul with the ability to choose. You are nothing but these. The rest is fiction. The you that you know is an accumulation of what you have chosen to believe in in this virtual world. Every reaction that you've ever had to anything in your entire life is recorded as "you" and results in programming that will later play back to you. ie, "I don't like country music" - then... when you hear country music, you are irritated and unconsciously go to change the station. This is your mind and body reminding you of who "you" are. The mainframe program is to keep you where you are.... unless you consciously change it. This is why "change is difficult".

The awareness programs the mind and can use the mind to both do and undo. To go forward and to go backward toward home.

Your thoughts are generations of the mind, not you, but you programmed the mind and the mind works against you with your own choices. This is the greatest adversary by design. The idea of growth through pain. You can learn to still your mind completely and in doing this, you will discern the truth on this subject. In the beginning, trying to still your mind, you will find great resistance and that will be the first indication that this is true. The learning to still the mind takes effort. If you wish to know the details, i will explain them by request. These concepts are not theoretical.

Reading words cannot , in the least, teach knowledge. We are speaking in the terms of precise truth, not man made ideas of knowledge. Knowledge of man is like memorizing a comic book. The real world isn't relative to the man made world.

Knowledge is only granted by the Creator/Jesus Christ/ and the Holy Ghost. When this occurs you will have a certainty which cannot be changed nor altered. It remains as fact within your mind. It isn't backed up by scriptures or any words at all. It just IS. If you feel the motivation to engage in debate on it, it is not knowledge. If you have times when you're not sure about it, it isn't knowledge. If you entertain concepts which create doubt on the subject, it is not knowledge.

There are slow ways to gain knowledge and there are more rapid processes. The slower way is to study , read, pray and fast. These prepare the mind for divinity to communicate directly to you. Reading incorrect material blocks the mind from gaining knowledge because you are believing, by default, in false programming. You must believe to some extent before you can know. The mind needs preparation. You will very rarely receive knowledge which contradicts your beliefs. if you wish detail on this subject, let me know.

The "I" that is reading this is your fictional character , but you are aware of it on some level. I say "some level" because each person is at a different level of self awareness. Some are completely asleep with their bodies and minds on autopilot. You can make choices at any time to become more actively aware of what you are doing and change your current self in any moment but....it takes consistent repetition which usually is the reason why so few make much progress. Repetition of correct principles takes self discipline and time. If you have a specific question in this regard, I will address it.

Can you choose? How do you know it's you doing the choosing?
If you can choose, what can you choose?
What is a soul?
If you don't know what a soul is, then how do you know you're within a soul and not something else?
How do you know you're in anything?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Shall we Begin?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Let’s :P

I came into this world completely clueless.

Maybe I was even born naked.

The timing of my birth and a family history with a particular middle name caused my dad to name me after the guy that almost got the world blowed up.

I had no clue until about 5th grade.

Gradually I learned that Mr. Powers didn’t opt to eat his collar.

He crashed mysteriously off the coast of California.

Learned my first name means Mighty Spear. 8-)

Wrote a book based on something my chemistry teacher would often say.

Said teacher would often say your kids will be born naked.

He was right. :lol:

Said book was narrated by a princess type person whose latest big role was playing a friend of the friend of God on TV.

That’s merely one thread running in my multi thread simulator.

It’s True, It’s all true … cue True Stories the movie.

Now I’m the teacher.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

harakim wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 11:08 pm
FrankOne wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 10:59 pm

-who created it, why, ?

(end post)

What can you know?
What can I know about I?
Can it read?
Can it see?
Can it imagine?
Can it witness?

Can you choose? How do you know it's you doing the choosing?
If you can choose, what can you choose?
What is a soul?
If you don't know what a soul is, then how do you know you're within a soul and not something else?
How do you know you're in anything?
There are programmed choices and there are deliberate choices. If you're talking about what kind of ice cream to eat, that would most likely be a programmed choice. but...If you never eat a certain type of ice cream and you consciously choose to eat it, then it is you making the choice. Try and still your mind of all thought. To go completely blank for 1 minute with no intrusive indications. When you find this to be very difficult, you will then question ,"if my thoughts are mine, why can't a stop them?" This is you.... becoming aware of something that is not you.

You can choose whatever is in your current power or understanding. You will only choose from what you believe are available options although the actual amount of options are infinite. You can't do what you believe you cannot.

A soul is the permanent home of 'you' which is an intelligence or awareness of the Creator. It cannot be harmed nor destroyed. It is a form given to the formless. You can become completely aware that you are immortal and perfect. You can become keenly aware that you are not the body, but you are within a body. The process of gaining this understanding is through meditation and prayer.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Re: Shall we Begin?

Post by FrankOne »

BeNotDeceived wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 11:33 pm Let’s :P

I came into this world completely clueless.

Maybe I was even born naked.

The timing of my birth and a family history with a particular middle name caused my dad to name me after the guy that almost got the world blowed up.

I had no clue until about 5th grade.

Gradually I learned that Mr. Powers didn’t opt to eat his collar.

He crashed mysteriously off the coast of California.

Learned my first name means Mighty Spear. 8-)

Wrote a book based on something my chemistry teacher would often say.

Said teacher would often say your kids will be born naked.

He was right. :lol:

Said book was narrated by a princess type person whose latest big role was playing a friend of the friend of God on TV.

That’s merely one thread running in my multi thread simulator.

It’s True, It’s all true … cue True Stories the movie.

Now I’m the teacher.
I"m not sure how to respond except....'interesting'.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

FrankOne wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 7:21 pm -If this is a simulation, how do we exit it?
This begs further questions:
* Should we want to exit it right now?
* How should we prepare to leave it if we do?

Many people would say "yes", and that is extremely tempting, but this does raise the issue of what happens if we exit unprepared. I'm trying to think of a couple of metaphors here – maybe a bit like someone trying to drive a car after only having seen it on TV/films. You'd have some idea, but you'd probably crash the thing if you'd never seen anyone drive one in front of you.

Or put it another way. I remember when Dire Straits' Money for Nothing video (pictured) came out in the early eighties, and a lot of people raved about how amazing the animation was. It was state of the art at the time but now looks awful. Imagine if we were stuck in the equivalent of that video and we come out into something which bears the same relationship to it as our "reality" does to that.
Attachments
Dire-Straits-–-Money-For-Nothing-1.jpg
Dire-Straits-–-Money-For-Nothing-1.jpg (50.27 KiB) Viewed 1342 times
b40243dccde44fc9dea176715ce458df.jpg
b40243dccde44fc9dea176715ce458df.jpg (48.1 KiB) Viewed 1342 times

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

This is of course nothing which hasn't been asked before in some form. Even before computers entered our lives, the ancient Greeks and Indians were asking the same question. The Gnostics too, who thought of the creator of this simulation as the Demiurge, the evil being who had imprisoned us in matter.

The Hindus, Jains and Buddhists think we are stuck in "maya" or illusion and that their forms of meditation guide you out. The Taoists have similar notions.

There are hints in the Bible itself that this is not the ultimate reality, but it is questionable whether it is meant in the same way as simulation theory. Either way I see this world as some kind of proving ground. I hope everyone here has passed/is passing the test.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

I think that we are part of the 1/3 that were cast out of heaven. We are from beneath. That is why things seem so unnatural.

“He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.
He must increase, but I must decrease.
He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.“ John 3:29-31

“And he said unto them, Ye are from ​​​beneath​; I am from above: ye are of this ​​​world​; I am not of this world.”
John 8:23

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Mamabear wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 4:34 am I think that we are part of the 1/3 that were cast out of heaven. We are from beneath. That is why things seem so unnatural.

“He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.
He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.“ John 3:29-31

“And he said unto them, Ye are from ​​​beneath​; I am from above: ye are of this ​​​world​; I am not of this world.”
This ties into the Cathar notion of this world being Hell. (The Cathars were a group who existed in south west France for a while before the Vatican decided to mount a crusade to destroy them.)

I've thought about this notion and I disagree with it. The main reason I disagree is that this world has many good things in it. It is utterly evil in some senses, but we can find good, truth, kindness and beauty around us, even in these dark times. I doubt things like cute babies and kittens would exist in Hell to put it crudely. Remember that time someone stuck up for you or helped you out of trouble? That wasn't hellish either. However, this would possibly make this world more akin to the Roman Catholic notion of Purgatory, i.e. a not very pleasant place which we are in temporarily to work off sin. In a Purgatory type setting, we would expect to see and experience terrible things but also to see good.

Your question raises two others in Mormon theology:
* Firstly, are the Third allowed to get a body?
* Secondly, what happened to the other 2/3s?

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Niemand wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 4:54 am
Mamabear wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 4:34 am I think that we are part of the 1/3 that were cast out of heaven. We are from beneath. That is why things seem so unnatural.

This ties into the Cathar notion of this world being Hell. (The Cathars were a group who existed in south west France for a while before the Vatican decided to mount a crusade to destroy them.)

I've thought about this notion and I disagree with it. The main reason I disagree is that this world has many good things in it. It is utterly evil in some senses, but we can find good, truth, kindness and beauty around us, even in these dark times. I doubt things like cute babies and kittens would exist in Hell to put it crudely. Remember that time someone stuck up for you or helped you out of trouble? That wasn't hellish either. However, this would possibly make this world more akin to the Roman Catholic notion of Purgatory, i.e. a not very pleasant place which we are in temporarily to work off sin. In a Purgatory type setting, we would expect to see and experience terrible things but also to see good.

I don’t mean we are in hell.
There are good things, yes…but we are in a fallen world. We are the 1/3 and we have bodies. The rest remained with God.

The Mormon lie that we need to gain a body and that it’s superior to being a spirit is false. “God is a Spirit” John 4:24

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Mamabear wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 5:30 am

There are good things, yes…but we are in a fallen world. We are the 1/3 and we have bodies. The rest remained with God.

The Mormon lie that we need to gain a body and that it’s superior to being a spirit is false. “God is a Spirit” John 4:24
I have found the Mormon notion of gaining a body to be a positive thing. It does at least give people the confidence that they have passed one test and demons do seem to despise human bodies and to want to possess them.

However, some people are very evil so how did they pass the test? Did they become that way? (Sadly yes, in some cases. Many of the most evil people were unwilling victims themselves of terrible abuse as children.)

Spirits such as poltergeists seem to be able to create physical force which is partly why I've never quite bought the idea of shaking the hand of a supposed angel.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Niemand wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 6:11 am

I have found the Mormon notion of gaining a body to be a positive thing. It does at least give people the confidence that they have passed one test and demons do seem to despise human bodies and to want to possess them.

However, some people are very evil so how did they pass the test? Did they become that way? (Sadly yes, in some cases. Many of the most evil people were unwilling victims themselves of terrible abuse as children.)

Spirits such as poltergeists seem to be able to create physical force which is partly why I've never quite bought the idea of shaking the hand of a supposed angel.
For me, I’ve never felt at home in my body. It feels unnatural, heavy, tired, trapped, kind of like I don’t belong. Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful for it and I’m healthy, it’s just something I’ve always felt and I could never understand why. I think it’s because this is an unnatural state of being.

As far as evil people….I think that many people are taught evil or have a natural tendency towards it. We are fallen trying to live after the spirit but are trapped in the flesh. We must put off the flesh as the scriptures say.

I agree with you, the idea of shaking an angel’s hand is impossible because they are spirits. 🤝

Edit: I like the main points of this thread and I’m interested in learning more. Sorry if I didn’t contribute to the original questions and ideas. 🙂
Last edited by Mamabear on December 3rd, 2022, 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Mamabear wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 6:39 am

For me, I’ve never felt at home in my body. It feels unnatural, heavy, tired, trapped, kind of like I don’t belong. Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful for it and I’m healthy, it’s just something I’ve always felt and I could never understand why. I think it’s because this is an unnatural state of being.

As far as evil people….I think that many people are taught evil or have a natural tendency towards it. We are fallen trying to live after the spirit but are trapped in the flesh. We must put off the flesh as the scriptures say.

I agree with you, the idea of shaking an angel’s hand is impossible because they are spirits. 🤝
I'm not a fan of my own body much either, but I do appreciate having one and I don't want to mutilate it in various ways as many young people seem to do.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

My body is my friend. We have been through a lot together!

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Niemand wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 3:28 am
FrankOne wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 7:21 pm -If this is a simulation, how do we exit it?
This begs further questions:
* Should we want to exit it right now?
* How should we prepare to leave it if we do?

Many people would say "yes", and that is extremely tempting, but this does raise the issue of what happens if we exit unprepared. I'm trying to think of a couple of metaphors here – maybe a bit like someone trying to drive a car after only having seen it on TV/films. You'd have some idea, but you'd probably crash the thing if you'd never seen anyone drive one in front of you.

Or put it another way. I remember when Dire Straits' Money for Nothing video (pictured) came out in the early eighties, and a lot of people raved about how amazing the animation was. It was state of the art at the time but now looks awful. Imagine if we were stuck in the equivalent of that video and we come out into something which bears the same relationship to it as our "reality" does to that.
The exit is always there and there are no "shoulds". People don't exit because they can't..... because they aren't ready...... because at a deeper level they really don't want to leave.....yet. Many say they want to leave, but they cling to the things of this world. How can one leave what they love? Then there are those that feel that this world is an unjust prison. They fight against it. Rage against the machine. These types want to fight and they stay here FOR the fight.
The natural man belongs here no matter what half of it's mind thinks. It does not have a single mind. A single mind would evaporate this illusion for the individual in a flashed moment.

Can a child of God be imprisoned? It's impossible. The Creator has given all to the child and the child could choose in an instant to be free of the most diabolical chains.
So, how can you hold down an all powerful being? You tempt him into choosing it out of free will.

Picture this:

A steel vase with a small neck is bolted to a concrete floor. In the vase is an exquisite apple. A monkey puts his hand in the vase and finds the apple, but he cannot retrieve it. He won't let go of it, because he wants it. He is entrapped.
The apple is the Ego. The illusory self creation which the God being loves. It is his precious. It is his identity that is self willed and can do what it wants. It has fun times, it has miserable times, it is angered at times, and at relative peace sometimes...but...it is in seeming control and that control is very appealing.

there is no getting out early. It happens when the student is done with it's lessons and finally chooses to put away vain and childish toys. The only way to win the game is to stop playing.

To stop playing is done in only one way. To become truly and peacefully unreactive. If there are any that wishes to dive into the core of this, I will continue. I leave subjects in this way because most really don't want to proceed when they realize the work ahead of them. This is a very young group of students on this planet. I'm not being condescending even though some minds may judge it this way. We are ALL completely equal. The only thing that separates us is time.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

harakim wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 10:08 am My body is my friend. We have been through a lot together!
The body is meant to be experienced in full. From sin to righteousness and back and forth until it is done. At some point, the body is seen for what it is: A vessel for experience that has served it's purpose and eventually, it holds no attraction.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Niemand wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 6:43 am
Mamabear wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 6:39 am

I'm not a fan of my own body much either, but I do appreciate having one and I don't want to mutilate it in various ways as many young people seem to do.
A leap of understanding comes when pain and suffering become so undesirable that choices are made to remain clean and sane.