Will the United States of America still be a country when the city of Zion is built?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.

Will the United States of America still be a country when the city of Zion is built?

Poll ended at December 18th, 2022, 5:25 pm

Yes
15%
No
79%
No Opinion
7%

Total votes: 61
ransomme
captain of 1,000

Re: Will the United States of America still be a country when the city of Zion is built?

Post by ransomme »

onefour1 wrote: December 1st, 2022, 7:34 pm
JLHPROF wrote: December 1st, 2022, 6:06 pm
onefour1 wrote: December 1st, 2022, 2:07 pm
Being There wrote: November 30th, 2022, 10:21 pm

why do the scriptures say " build up the waste places of Zion " ?
because America will be swept clean.

viewtopic.php?p=1282582&hilit=waste+pla ... n#p1282582

America will never be great again. We had our chance.
The Times of The Gentiles is coming to an end.
There will be no more United States of America.
This "choice land" will be swept clean because they do not
"serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ".

The next thing will be Zion.

This "choice land" has been given to the remnants of Jacob, and House of Israel.

Isaiah 51:3 2 Nephi 8:3

3 For Jehovah is comforting Zion,
bringing solace to all her ruins;
he is making her wilderness like Eden,
her desert as the garden of Jehovah.

Joyful rejoicing takes place there,
thanksgiving with the voice of song.

"In the millennial age of peace that follows the mission of Jehovah’s servant, promised lands—a second chief covenant blessing after offspring—transform into a new Paradise (Isaiah 11:1-9; 55:4-13; 65:17-25). Ruins are rebuilt by Jehovah’s elect in Zion who receive inheritances of land (Isaiah 44:26; 58:11-12; 61:4). To those who heed the voice of Jehovah’s servant (Isaiah 28:23; 50:10; 58:1), whose righteousness resembles his righteousness (v 1), all attests to covenant curses—ruins, wilderness, and desert—joyously reversing into covenant blessings" (Isaiah 32:15-20; 35:1-2, 6-7; 58:12)."

D&C 103
11 But verily I say unto you, I have decreed that your brethren which have been scattered shall return to the lands of their inheritances, and shall build up the waste places of Zion.

D&C 101
17 Zion shall not be moved out of her place, notwithstanding her children are scattered.
18 They that remain, and are pure in heart, shall return, and come to their inheritances, they and their children, with songs of everlasting joy, to build up the waste places of Zion—

2 Nephi 15:17 Isaiah 5:17
17 Then shall the lambs feed after their manner, and the waste places of the fat ones shall strangers eat.
“Jehovah will have compassion on Jacob and once again choose Israel; he will settle them in their own land, and proselytes will adhere to them and join the house of Jacob”

Isaiah 58:12
12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

"Jehovah’s returnees to Zion rebuild the ancient ruins under the direction of his servant: “Who fulfills the word of his servant, accomplishes the aims of his messengers, who says of Jerusalem, ‘It shall be reinhabited,’ and of the cities of Judah, ‘They shall be rebuilt, their ruins I will restore’” (Isaiah 44:26); “They will rebuild the ancient ruins, raise up the old waste places; they will renew the desolate cities demolished generations ago” (Isaiah 61:4); “Jehovah is comforting Zion, bringing solace to all her ruins; he is making her wilderness like Eden, her desert as the garden of Jehovah.” (Isaiah 51:3).

Isaiah 52:9
9 Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem: for the Lord hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Jerusalem.

"A time of comfort and rejoicing arrives when Jehovah’s people who expiate their iniquities see covenant curses turn into blessings and their desolate circumstances transformed (Isaiah 40:1-2; 49:8-13; 51:3; 61:1-3). With the empowerment of Jehovah’s servant and his associates, a new day dawns for those who ascend to the Zion/Jerusalem level and levels higher. Jehovah “comforts” them in their distress when he “redeems” them—when he releases them from bondage and gathers them home in a new exodus to Zion" (vv 3, 11-12; Isaiah 35:9-10; 43:1-2; 48:20-21; 51:9-12; 54:5-8; 66:12-13).

Very few members will be left after the cleansing
and will be (allowed) to "assist" the remnants of Jacob,
and House of Israel who's land this has been given to;
" to build up the waste places of Zion— "
to be numbered with them; the House of Israel, to build up the New Jerusalem.

3 Nephi 21
23 And they shall assist my people, the remnant of Jacob, and also as many of the house of Israel as shall come, that they may build a city, which shall be called the New Jerusalem.
24 And then shall they assist my people that they may be gathered in, who are scattered upon all the face of the land, in unto the New Jerusalem.
28 Yea, and then shall the work commence, with the Father among all nations in preparing the way whereby his people may be gathered home to the land of their inheritance.
I saw no evidence in your above posts that the United States of America will be completely destroyed. I too am under the impression that the US will not be a country but I have read no definitive proof of it in scripture. It is a matter of scriptural interpretation. and thus a matter of person opinion.
D&C specifically predicts the "end of ALL nations". By definition that would include the United States of America.
At some point there will be no national division. (Aahhh... open borders!)
Doctrine and Covenants 87:6
6 And thus, with the sword and by bloodshed the inhabitants of the earth shall mourn; and with famine, and plague, and earthquake, and the thunder of heaven, and the fierce and vivid lightning also, shall the inhabitants of the earth be made to feel the wrath, and indignation, and chastening hand of an Almighty God, until the consumption decreed hath made a full end of all nations;

This is the only verse in the Doctrine and Covenants that I could find regarding a full end of all nations. However, this says nothing about the United States of America coming to an end before the City of Zion is built. Doctrine and Covenants 45 tells us the following:

Doctrine and Covenants 45:65-71
65 And with one heart and with one mind, gather up your riches that ye may purchase an inheritance which shall hereafter be appointed unto you.
66 And it shall be called the New Jerusalem, a land of peace, a city of refuge, a place of safety for the saints of the Most High God;
67 And the glory of the Lord shall be there, and the terror of the Lord also shall be there, insomuch that the wicked will not come unto it, and it shall be called Zion.
68 And it shall come to pass among the wicked, that every man that will not take his sword against his neighbor must needs flee unto Zion for safety.
69 And there shall be gathered unto it out of every nation under heaven; and it shall be the only people that shall not be at war one with another.
70 And it shall be said among the wicked: Let us not go up to battle against Zion, for the inhabitants of Zion are terrible; wherefore we cannot stand.
71 And it shall come to pass that the righteous shall be gathered out from among all nations, and shall come to Zion, singing with songs of everlasting joy.

It seems to me that with all the wars going on after the City of Zion is built that at that time there are probably still nations around. Maybe the end of all nations will not occur until after the City of Zion is built.
there are nations, nations and nation-states

In the scriptures, a reference to nations can mean different things. First, there are the people of the city and the tower (aka Tower of Babel, who still were one people post-flood) "when the world was divided" (Peleg), when the people split into the "70" nations, and then when the Northern Kingdom of Israel was dispersed into the nations, many references seem to speak about the nations as Israel (aka Nothern kingdom, aka 10 tribes, aka Ephraim) and because Israel is now the nations they are gentiles (which means nations), and then there are nation-states as in countries unified under a government.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Re: Will the United States of America still be a country when the city of Zion is built?

Post by Being There »

onefour1 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:37 pm The scriptures also tell us that when we go back to build the city, we will build up the waste places of Zion.

Doctrine and Covenants 101:18
18 They that remain, and are pure in heart, shall return, and come to their inheritances, they and their children, with songs of everlasting joy, to build up the waste places of Zion—

Doctrine and Covenants 103:11
11 But verily I say unto you, I have decreed that your brethren which have been scattered shall return to the lands of their inheritances, and shall build up the waste places of Zion.

This "choice land" has been given to the remnants of Jacob, and House of Israel.

"In the millennial age of peace that follows the mission of Jehovah’s servant, promised lands—a second chief covenant blessing after offspring—transform into a new Paradise (Isaiah 11:1-9; 55:4-13; 65:17-25). Ruins are rebuilt by Jehovah’s elect in Zion who receive inheritances of land (Isaiah 44:26; 58:11-12; 61:4). To those who heed the voice of Jehovah’s servant (Isaiah 28:23; 50:10; 58:1), whose righteousness resembles his righteousness (v 1), all attests to covenant curses—ruins, wilderness, and desert—joyously reversing into covenant blessings" (Isaiah 32:15-20; 35:1-2, 6-7; 58:12)."

D&C 103

D&C 101
17 Zion shall not be moved out of her place, notwithstanding her children are scattered.

17 Then shall the lambs feed after their manner, and the waste places of the fat ones shall strangers eat.
“Jehovah will have compassion on Jacob and once again choose Israel; he will settle them in their own land, and proselytes will adhere to them and join the house of Jacob”

12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

"Jehovah’s returnees to Zion rebuild the ancient ruins under the direction of his servant: “Who fulfills the word of his servant, accomplishes the aims of his messengers, who says of Jerusalem, ‘It shall be reinhabited,’ and of the cities of Judah, ‘They shall be rebuilt, their ruins I will restore’” (Isaiah 44:26); “They will rebuild the ancient ruins, raise up the old waste places; they will renew the desolate cities demolished generations ago” (Isaiah 61:4); “Jehovah is comforting Zion, bringing solace to all her ruins; he is making her wilderness like Eden, her desert as the garden of Jehovah.” (Isaiah 51:3).

9 Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem: for the Lord hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Jerusalem.

"A time of comfort and rejoicing arrives when Jehovah’s people who expiate their iniquities see covenant curses turn into blessings and their desolate circumstances transformed (Isaiah 40:1-2; 49:8-13; 51:3; 61:1-3). With the empowerment of Jehovah’s servant and his associates, a new day dawns for those who ascend to the Zion/Jerusalem level and levels higher. Jehovah “comforts” them in their distress when he “redeems” them—when he releases them from bondage and gathers them home in a new exodus to Zion" (vv 3, 11-12; Isaiah 35:9-10; 43:1-2; 48:20-21; 51:9-12; 54:5-8; 66:12-13).

3 Nephi 21
23 And they shall assist my people, the remnant of Jacob, and also as many of the house of Israel as shall come, that they may build a city, which shall be called the New Jerusalem.
24 And then shall they assist my people that they may be gathered in, who are scattered upon all the face of the land, in unto the New Jerusalem.
28 Yea, and then shall the work commence, with the Father among all nations in preparing the way whereby his people may be gathered home to the land of their inheritance.
it's kind of funny, because onefour1, already answered his own question (his OP)
by posting these scriptures he posted - about waste places.

These scriptures, and the ones I posted - talking about waste places,
prove that the U.S. will be wasted "waste places" destroyed - and of course no longer a Country,
BEFORE - the city of Zion is built.

D&C 101
18 They that remain, and are pure in heart, shall return, and come to their inheritances,
they and their children, with songs of everlasting joy,
to build up the waste places of Zion

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Being There wrote: December 1st, 2022, 8:51 pm
onefour1 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:37 pm The scriptures also tell us that when we go back to build the city, we will build up the waste places of Zion.

D&C 103

D&C 101

3 Nephi 21
it's kind of funny, because onefour1, already answered his own question (his OP)
by posting these scriptures he posted - about waste places.

These scriptures, and the ones I posted - talking about waste places,
prove that the U.S. will be wasted "waste places" destroyed - and of course no longer a Country,
BEFORE - the city of Zion is built.

D&C 101
18 They that remain, and are pure in heart, shall return, and come to their inheritances,
they and their children, with songs of everlasting joy,
to build up the waste places of Zion
also
the word "inheritances" - (in the scripture above)
shall return, and come to their inheritances,

is a key word, in showing the time -
the time after the U.S. is cleansed and swept clean - destroyed and become "the waste places of Zion" -
"the remnant of Jacob, and also as many of the house of Israel as shall come,
and shall build up the waste places of Zion"
and (come to their inheritances - and Zion is established)
"that they may build a city, which shall be called the New Jerusalem"

about inheritances, and the end-times -after the U.S is destroyed,
and about the Lord's end-time servant - The one mighty and strong -
who appoints lands of inheritance as Jehovah’s coming as salvation draws near.

The One Mighty and Strong - in D&C 85
is the Lord's end-time Davidic servant
as found in Isaiah.

look for word links. ********

ALSO
Most don't know this, and are only familiar with the Mighty and Strong One
that is spoken of in D&C 85 who is the Lord's end-time servant.
7-8: “And it shall come to pass that I, the Lord God, will send ********one mighty and strong,
holding the scepter of power in his hand, clothed with light for a covering, whose mouth shall utter words, eternal words;
while his bowels shall be a fountain of truth to set in order the house of God,
********and to arrange by lot the inheritances of the saints whose names are found, and the names of their fathers, and of their children, enrolled in the book of the law of God; while that man, who was called of God and appointed, that putteth forth his hand to steady the ark of God, shall fall by the shaft of death, like as a tree that is smitten by a vivid shaft of lightening.”

"I once heard an LDS lecturer declare: “If the authorities knew how many problems this scripture was going to cause them, they would have never let it in the Doctrine and Covenants.” This may be true and the present day authorities would love to rip this section out of the book, but since it would bring criticism from the people, they decided to ignore it instead.
Even if it were taken out of the D&C (which may possibly happen in the future), it would still be in Isaiah,
and all the Bibles in the world cannot be changed.
"

Isaiah speaks of both "mighty and strong". There are 2 of them.
1. is His right hand, is the Lord's Davidic servant.
2. is His left hand, the king of Assyria. (Isaiah 28:2)
http://www.isaiahexplained.com/search/k ... %20assyria

Isaiah 28
2 My Lord has in store******** one mighty and strong: as a ravaging hailstorm sweeping down,
or like an inundating deluge of mighty waters, he will hurl them to the ground by his hand.

The imagery of “a ravaging hailstorm sweeping down” and of “an inundating deluge of mighty waters”
identifies the king of Assyria/Babylon and his alliance of aggressor nations (Isaiah 8:7-8; 17:12; 18:2).
******** A second “one mighty and strong” in the Book of Isaiah is Jehovah’s servant, who makes an end of him at the last.
Although Jehovah provides a refuge for a repentant remnant of his people against the storms of their enemies

(Isaiah 4:6; 25:4-5; 57:13), he empowers the archtyrant—Jehovah’s (left) hand—over “the drunkards of Ephraim” to cast their illustriousness to the ground
(cf. vv 1, 3).

His right hand, is the Lord's Davidic servant. (below)
Isaiah 34

16 Search, and read it in the book of Jehovah: None is unaccounted for, not one lacks her mate.
By his mouth he decreed it,
by his Spirit he brings them together.
17 ******** It is he who allots them an inheritance, his hand that divides it by measure.
They shall possess it forever,
inhabit it from generation to generation.

Carrying bird imagery a step further, Isaiah shows that Jehovah assigns each female a mate by an edict recorded in his “book”—the Book of Life. Jehovah’s mouth—his servant—“decrees” or “ordains” (siwwa) it, while Jehovah’s Spirit brings them together so that they find one another. Jehovah’s hand—his servant—assigns them permanent inheritances in the land, as did Joshua:
“I have created you and appointed you to be a covenant of the people,
******** to restore the Land and reapportion the desolate estates” (Isaiah 49:8; cf. Joshua 11:23).
Unlike in modern times, divine inheritances are never sold.

Isaiah 49

8 Thus says Jehovah:At a favorable time I have answered you; in the day of salvation I have come to your aid:
******** I have created you and appointed you to be a covenant of the people,to restore the Land and reapportion the desolate estates,
9 to say to the captives, Come forth!
and to those in darkness, Show yourselves! They shall feed along the way and find pasture on all barren heights;

The servant’s reversal of circumstances portends a reversal of circumstances for Jehovah’s elect.
As Jehovah empowers his servant, so the servant empowers them (Isaiah 61:1-5).
Both follow the same pattern of loyalty to Jehovah: “Your faithfulness in time [of trial] shall prove to be a strength, your wisdom and knowledge your salvation” (Isaiah 33:6).
The “favorable time” in which Jehovah answers his servant’s intercession on behalf of his people
under the terms of the Davidic Covenant
coincides with the “day of salvation”—Jehovah’s Day of Judgment that precedes his coming to the earth.

Jehovah’s “creating” or re-creating and “appointing” his servant as a covenant to his people (cf. Isaiah 42:6)
denotes his ascent to the seraph level and his role as mediator of Jehovah’s covenant.
After freeing the spiritual captives of Jehovah’s people (Isaiah 42:7)—those who were blind and deaf on account of their idolatries (Isaiah 42:17-20)—the servant frees them physically (vv 24-25; Isaiah 45:13).
Those who were subject to physical darkness—to the king of Assyria/Babylon—
******** the servant appoints lands of inheritance as Jehovah’s coming as salvation draws near (v 8; Isaiah 52:7; 58:8, 12).

"Wherefore, because of this covenant thou art blessed;
for thy seed shall not be destroyed, for they shall hearken unto the words of the book.
And there shall rise up one mighty among them [the seed of Lehi], who shall do much good, both in word and in deed, being an instrument in the hands of God, with exceeding faith, to work mighty wonders, and do that thing which is great in the sight of God, unto the bringing to pass much restoration unto the house of Israel, and unto the seed of thy brethren." (2 Nephi 3:23-24)