Will the United States of America still be a country when the city of Zion is built?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.

Will the United States of America still be a country when the city of Zion is built?

Poll ended at December 18th, 2022, 5:25 pm

Yes
15%
No
79%
No Opinion
7%

Total votes: 61
FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Re: Will the United States of America still be a country when the city of Zion is built?

Post by FrankOne »

Bronco73idi wrote: November 30th, 2022, 12:46 pm
FrankOne wrote: November 30th, 2022, 9:43 am
mudflap wrote: November 29th, 2022, 12:20 pm
TheChristian wrote: November 29th, 2022, 11:30 am Read the bible concerning Zion the city of King David................

1 Kings 8:1 “Then Solomon assembled the elders of Israel and all the heads of the tribes, the leaders of the fathers’ houses of the people of Israel, before King Solomon in Jerusalem, to bring up the ark of the covenant of the Lord out of the city of David, which is Zion.

Isaiah 33:20 “Look on Zion, the city of our festivals; your eyes will see Jerusalem, a peaceful abode,

Psalm 137:
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat,
we also wept when we remembered Zion.
On willows in its midst we hung our harps.
For there our captors asked us for words of song and our tormentors [asked of us] mirth, "Sing for us of the song of Zion."
"How shall we sing the song of the Lord on foreign soil?"
If I forget you, O Jerusalem, may my right hand forget its skill.
May my tongue cling to my palate, if I do not remember you,
if I do not bring up Jerusalem at the beginning of my joy.
not everything pertaining to Zion is in the Bible, folks. In fact, very little is said about Zion in the Bible. If you want to learn about Zion, start with the Book of Mormon (note when it says "this land", it is referring to the land where the gold plates from which the Book of Mormon was translated were found - "America"):
3 And that it was the place of the New Jerusalem, which should come down out of heaven, and the holy sanctuary of the Lord.[/color][/b]
After that, try hitting up PoGP and D&C.
The above is very specific , yet never explored.
New Jerusalem will come down out of heaven.

so, what happens before that?

S45
45 But before the arm of the Lord shall fall, an angel shall sound his trump, and the saints that have slept shall come forth to meet me in the cloud.
46 Wherefore, if ye have slept in peace blessed are you; for as you now behold me and know that I am, even so shall ye come unto me and your souls shall live, and your redemption shall be perfected; and the saints shall come forth from the four quarters of the earth.

47 Then shall the arm of the Lord fall upon the nations.

S78
21 For ye are the church of the Firstborn, and he will take you up in a cloud, and appoint every man his portion.

==============

It appears that people from all over the world that are to be in Zion will first be taken up "to heaven" or "into clouds" before the final destruction.
and.... all of these come back down to establish New Jerusalem, Zion, on earth. It seems to make sense biblicaly with "one will be taken" while others left. I would think that the majority of those that are "taken" will be those that have first chosen to not accept the 'mark' in order to function in society and have left cities. Just guesses.

another way of saying this is that Zion will first be established "above", then it is established on the earth's surface.
S45
42 And before the day of the Lord shall come, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon be turned into blood, and the stars fall from heaven.

This is the sun having a micronova, we are on solar cycle 25, cycle 27 can be a gleissberg cycle. The last gleissberg cycle was 1957, which is why NASA and CIA was organized through Congress properly in 1958. They blamed it on Sputnik but the moon mission were named after the Greek god of the sun, Apollo.

Needless to say we get to live through Armageddon.
Interesting information there. It really is hard to wrap my mind around billions of people killing each other in the cities or fighting in war or dying of plagues. I really can't imagine it. I would have preferred it to happen when I was in my 30's. Oh well. Its still exciting that this all just might happen in our lifetimes. Things could still stretch out for another 20 yrs , but at this point, I can't see how. The only thing that I've told my children which is an absolute is that the economy will crash in their lives. Crash to 0.

The reset can only happen after that occurs. There is no 'easing' this to a soft landing. Hundreds of Trillions of debt from company to company and country to country. Impossible to reconcile. Other than the economy crashing, I can't say that I have any other solid timetable for events. 1-7 yrs and the economy implodes and burns in a heap. Likely within 2. Yet...today...99% of the people are still living on restaurant food and 3 days in their fridge. It's truly bizarre.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Re: Will the United States of America still be a country when the city of Zion is built?

Post by mudflap »

Subcomandante wrote: November 30th, 2022, 9:46 am I'm pretty sure the scriptures are quite clear that the Lord God will make an end of all the nations when Zion is restored.
It's actually not that clear - for example - this scripture will be fulfilled after Zion is established:
And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
nations shall come to Zion AFTER the law goes forth "of Zion" (or from Zion).

or this one: Zion is established by this point, yet the nations still exist and "walk in the light of it" (Zion).
Rev 21:23And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
I don't think nations themselves are the problem, so much as nations where Babylon has taken over, which is probably all of them at this point, so a cleansing is needed. but not "an end of all nations".

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

mudflap wrote: November 30th, 2022, 2:01 pm I don't think nations themselves are the problem, so much as nations where Babylon has taken over, which is probably all of them at this point, so a cleansing is needed. but not "an end of all nations".
Speaking of Babylon, it's my personal belief that America is Mystery Babylon, so I definitely fall into the camp that maintain this country will be destroyed. Where does all evil originate and get propagated out to all the world from? America. What nation has toppled dozens of other nations all for economic dominance? America.

If America is not destroyed, the BoM would not prove true.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Shawn Henry wrote: November 30th, 2022, 2:25 pm
mudflap wrote: November 30th, 2022, 2:01 pm I don't think nations themselves are the problem, so much as nations where Babylon has taken over, which is probably all of them at this point, so a cleansing is needed. but not "an end of all nations".
Speaking of Babylon, it's my personal belief that America is Mystery Babylon, so I definitely fall into the camp that maintain this country will be destroyed. Where does all evil originate and get propagated out to all the world from? America. What nation has toppled dozens of other nations all for economic dominance? America.

A civil war so bloody that blood will flow through the streets, if 5 in one house hold 3 will be against the other 2.

The lord’s people will prevail and maintain the lord’s constitution. It will be stripped back down to how it was in the beginning. China will then attack and the northern bridge will come down and we will be rescued. So much happens before the lord’s 2nd coming.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Bronco73idi wrote: November 30th, 2022, 8:47 am
ransomme wrote: November 30th, 2022, 3:20 am
Bronco73idi wrote: November 30th, 2022, 2:11 am
ransomme wrote: November 30th, 2022, 12:29 am

Wow, just wow, you make a lot of assumptions there. As in complete and total conjecture.

And I am amazed that that you take one redefinition (section 132 new and everlasting covenant), that makes no sense, and weight it over every other book of scripture (including many times in the D&C) and hundreds of verses. Especially when there has been such obvious doctoring of the text. Not to mention that the story behind the new text doesn't add up and was, of course, saved for 30+ years just to be lost after publication. Say what?

I suppose I shouldn't be awed by people believing these sorts of things anymore.
I do love me some Jeremiah 31, do you let your wife compass you? If your understanding of Jeremiah 31 was true, why didn’t Jesus do away with polygamy? Or Peter? Your thoughts and understandings are emotionally charged and don’t support the lord’s actions and words from his earthly mission. Most people are so blind that they don’t realize that he lived the mosaic law, he lived the law he gave to them, Peter lived that law and Paul petition to Peter to change it because of the new converts to Christianity.
Emotionally charged? No my thoughts and feelings on this subject are very clear, cool and collected. It's interesting that you would charge me with such an accusation seeing how fanciful your interpretations are.

And knowing that you willingly accept fraud (the fabricated section 132) as truth when it's blatant right before your eyes is discrediting for you. Just so you know.

Are you intimating something particular about "shall compass" in v22?
Sorry but Hebrew sabab (compass) does not mean anything sexual.
Nothing sexual about compass lol

It fits Isaiah

Hopefully you now understand why I said emotionally charged. My bring up 132 wasn’t about polygamy, you went straight for that topic like a hound dog.
ok, you referenced section 132, and to make a long story short my point is that section 132 is crap, and untrustworthy. My comment was not about polygamy per se. In the end, however inspired the US Constitution was, it is not so sound of a document that Zion would return from the bosom of God, after having been received thereto, and come down from Heaven and use it as a ruling document. Really, the US Constitution is beneath Zion.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

ransomme wrote: November 30th, 2022, 4:25 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: November 30th, 2022, 8:47 am
ransomme wrote: November 30th, 2022, 3:20 am
Bronco73idi wrote: November 30th, 2022, 2:11 am

I do love me some Jeremiah 31, do you let your wife compass you? If your understanding of Jeremiah 31 was true, why didn’t Jesus do away with polygamy? Or Peter? Your thoughts and understandings are emotionally charged and don’t support the lord’s actions and words from his earthly mission. Most people are so blind that they don’t realize that he lived the mosaic law, he lived the law he gave to them, Peter lived that law and Paul petition to Peter to change it because of the new converts to Christianity.
Emotionally charged? No my thoughts and feelings on this subject are very clear, cool and collected. It's interesting that you would charge me with such an accusation seeing how fanciful your interpretations are.

And knowing that you willingly accept fraud (the fabricated section 132) as truth when it's blatant right before your eyes is discrediting for you. Just so you know.

Are you intimating something particular about "shall compass" in v22?
Sorry but Hebrew sabab (compass) does not mean anything sexual.
Nothing sexual about compass lol

It fits Isaiah

Hopefully you now understand why I said emotionally charged. My bring up 132 wasn’t about polygamy, you went straight for that topic like a hound dog.
ok, you referenced section 132, and to make a long story short my point is that section 132 is crap, and untrustworthy. My comment was not about polygamy per se. In the end, however inspired the US Constitution was, it is not so sound of a document that Zion would return from the bosom of God, after having been received thereto, and come down from Heaven and use it as a ruling document. Really, the US Constitution is beneath Zion.
I can accept your answer, for Zion I believe D&C 101:77-80 means the constitution more then what is taught in church.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

Shawn Henry wrote: November 30th, 2022, 2:25 pm

yeah, I still don't think it will be "completely destroyed". I think most of the evil folks will be killed, but a lot of good people will remain. What does destroyed mean, in your opinion?

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

onefour1 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:25 pm What is your opinion? Will the US still be a country when the City of Zion is built or will it have crumbled?
there is no opinion.
Anyone that knows anything - about the scriptures, or God's plan,
knows the answer to that question. It's all in the scriptures,
and all one has to do, is just look and see for yourself - what's going on in the World
to see satan's plan and their NWO emerging - scripture being fulfilled
and America being taken down piece by piece - even while we speak.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

onefour1 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:37 pm The scriptures also tell us that when we go back to build the city, we will build up the waste places of Zion.

Doctrine and Covenants 101:18
18 They that remain, and are pure in heart, shall return, and come to their inheritances, they and their children, with songs of everlasting joy, to build up the waste places of Zion—

Doctrine and Covenants 103:11
11 But verily I say unto you, I have decreed that your brethren which have been scattered shall return to the lands of their inheritances, and shall build up the waste places of Zion.
why do the scriptures say " build up the waste places of Zion " ?
because America will be swept clean.

viewtopic.php?p=1282582&hilit=waste+pla ... n#p1282582

America will never be great again. We had our chance.
The Times of The Gentiles is coming to an end.
There will be no more United States of America.
This "choice land" will be swept clean because they do not
"serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ".

The next thing will be Zion.

This "choice land" has been given to the remnants of Jacob, and House of Israel.

Isaiah 51:3 2 Nephi 8:3

3 For Jehovah is comforting Zion,
bringing solace to all her ruins;
he is making her wilderness like Eden,
her desert as the garden of Jehovah.

Joyful rejoicing takes place there,
thanksgiving with the voice of song.

"In the millennial age of peace that follows the mission of Jehovah’s servant, promised lands—a second chief covenant blessing after offspring—transform into a new Paradise (Isaiah 11:1-9; 55:4-13; 65:17-25). Ruins are rebuilt by Jehovah’s elect in Zion who receive inheritances of land (Isaiah 44:26; 58:11-12; 61:4). To those who heed the voice of Jehovah’s servant (Isaiah 28:23; 50:10; 58:1), whose righteousness resembles his righteousness (v 1), all attests to covenant curses—ruins, wilderness, and desert—joyously reversing into covenant blessings" (Isaiah 32:15-20; 35:1-2, 6-7; 58:12)."

D&C 103
11 But verily I say unto you, I have decreed that your brethren which have been scattered shall return to the lands of their inheritances, and shall build up the waste places of Zion.

D&C 101
17 Zion shall not be moved out of her place, notwithstanding her children are scattered.
18 They that remain, and are pure in heart, shall return, and come to their inheritances, they and their children, with songs of everlasting joy, to build up the waste places of Zion—

2 Nephi 15:17 Isaiah 5:17
17 Then shall the lambs feed after their manner, and the waste places of the fat ones shall strangers eat.
“Jehovah will have compassion on Jacob and once again choose Israel; he will settle them in their own land, and proselytes will adhere to them and join the house of Jacob”

Isaiah 58:12
12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

"Jehovah’s returnees to Zion rebuild the ancient ruins under the direction of his servant: “Who fulfills the word of his servant, accomplishes the aims of his messengers, who says of Jerusalem, ‘It shall be reinhabited,’ and of the cities of Judah, ‘They shall be rebuilt, their ruins I will restore’” (Isaiah 44:26); “They will rebuild the ancient ruins, raise up the old waste places; they will renew the desolate cities demolished generations ago” (Isaiah 61:4); “Jehovah is comforting Zion, bringing solace to all her ruins; he is making her wilderness like Eden, her desert as the garden of Jehovah.” (Isaiah 51:3).

Isaiah 52:9
9 Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem: for the Lord hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Jerusalem.

"A time of comfort and rejoicing arrives when Jehovah’s people who expiate their iniquities see covenant curses turn into blessings and their desolate circumstances transformed (Isaiah 40:1-2; 49:8-13; 51:3; 61:1-3). With the empowerment of Jehovah’s servant and his associates, a new day dawns for those who ascend to the Zion/Jerusalem level and levels higher. Jehovah “comforts” them in their distress when he “redeems” them—when he releases them from bondage and gathers them home in a new exodus to Zion" (vv 3, 11-12; Isaiah 35:9-10; 43:1-2; 48:20-21; 51:9-12; 54:5-8; 66:12-13).

Very few members will be left after the cleansing
and will be (allowed) to "assist" the remnants of Jacob,
and House of Israel who's land this has been given to;
" to build up the waste places of Zion— "
to be numbered with them; the House of Israel, to build up the New Jerusalem.

3 Nephi 21
23 And they shall assist my people, the remnant of Jacob, and also as many of the house of Israel as shall come, that they may build a city, which shall be called the New Jerusalem.
24 And then shall they assist my people that they may be gathered in, who are scattered upon all the face of the land, in unto the New Jerusalem.
28 Yea, and then shall the work commence, with the Father among all nations in preparing the way whereby his people may be gathered home to the land of their inheritance.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

onefour1 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:37 pm The scriptures also tell us that when we go back to build the city, we will build up the waste places of Zion.

also,
you might be careful - just who you think you are referring to - when you say "we" - "we go back to build the city".

and House of Israel - who this land America has been given to,
and be numbered with them; the House of Israel, to build up the New Jerusalem.

Most everyone in America - including most members - are only tourists.

onefour1
captain of 1,000

Post by onefour1 »

Being There wrote: November 30th, 2022, 10:02 pm
onefour1 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:25 pm What is your opinion? Will the US still be a country when the City of Zion is built or will it have crumbled?
there is no opinion.
and all one has to do, is just look and see for yourself - what's going on in the World
Sure there are. Just read the over 50 posts above. I have found no scripture that specifically tells us that the United States of America will no longer exist at the time the City of Zion will be built. So based on ones interpretation of scripture, which is their personal opinion, they might believe that it will no longer exist or they may believe that it will still exist. Thank you for your opinion.

onefour1
captain of 1,000

Post by onefour1 »

Being There wrote: November 30th, 2022, 10:21 pm

This "choice land" has been given to the remnants of Jacob, and House of Israel.

"In the millennial age of peace that follows the mission of Jehovah’s servant, promised lands—a second chief covenant blessing after offspring—transform into a new Paradise (Isaiah 11:1-9; 55:4-13; 65:17-25). Ruins are rebuilt by Jehovah’s elect in Zion who receive inheritances of land (Isaiah 44:26; 58:11-12; 61:4). To those who heed the voice of Jehovah’s servant (Isaiah 28:23; 50:10; 58:1), whose righteousness resembles his righteousness (v 1), all attests to covenant curses—ruins, wilderness, and desert—joyously reversing into covenant blessings" (Isaiah 32:15-20; 35:1-2, 6-7; 58:12)."

D&C 103

D&C 101
17 Zion shall not be moved out of her place, notwithstanding her children are scattered.

17 Then shall the lambs feed after their manner, and the waste places of the fat ones shall strangers eat.
“Jehovah will have compassion on Jacob and once again choose Israel; he will settle them in their own land, and proselytes will adhere to them and join the house of Jacob”

12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

"Jehovah’s returnees to Zion rebuild the ancient ruins under the direction of his servant: “Who fulfills the word of his servant, accomplishes the aims of his messengers, who says of Jerusalem, ‘It shall be reinhabited,’ and of the cities of Judah, ‘They shall be rebuilt, their ruins I will restore’” (Isaiah 44:26); “They will rebuild the ancient ruins, raise up the old waste places; they will renew the desolate cities demolished generations ago” (Isaiah 61:4); “Jehovah is comforting Zion, bringing solace to all her ruins; he is making her wilderness like Eden, her desert as the garden of Jehovah.” (Isaiah 51:3).

9 Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem: for the Lord hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Jerusalem.

"A time of comfort and rejoicing arrives when Jehovah’s people who expiate their iniquities see covenant curses turn into blessings and their desolate circumstances transformed (Isaiah 40:1-2; 49:8-13; 51:3; 61:1-3). With the empowerment of Jehovah’s servant and his associates, a new day dawns for those who ascend to the Zion/Jerusalem level and levels higher. Jehovah “comforts” them in their distress when he “redeems” them—when he releases them from bondage and gathers them home in a new exodus to Zion" (vv 3, 11-12; Isaiah 35:9-10; 43:1-2; 48:20-21; 51:9-12; 54:5-8; 66:12-13).

3 Nephi 21
23 And they shall assist my people, the remnant of Jacob, and also as many of the house of Israel as shall come, that they may build a city, which shall be called the New Jerusalem.
24 And then shall they assist my people that they may be gathered in, who are scattered upon all the face of the land, in unto the New Jerusalem.
28 Yea, and then shall the work commence, with the Father among all nations in preparing the way whereby his people may be gathered home to the land of their inheritance.
I saw no evidence in your above posts that the United States of America will be completely destroyed. I too am under the impression that the US will not be a country but I have read no definitive proof of it in scripture. It is a matter of scriptural interpretation. and thus a matter of person opinion.

onefour1
captain of 1,000

Post by onefour1 »

Being There wrote: November 30th, 2022, 10:32 pm

also,
you might be careful - just who you think you are referring to - when you say "we" - "we go back to build the city".

You speak as if the remnant of Jacob is not the members of the Church. Can you give me a reference to who the remnant is if not the members of the church? My thoughts are that many of us in the Church receive our patriarchal blessings and at that time our lineage is pronounced. I have spoken with a patriarch about the lineages in our patriarchal blessings and he told me if you are adopted into the house of Israel it will state such in your blessing, otherwise you have the blood of the house of Israel within you and are a direct descendent. So if we in the church have the blood of Israel (Jacob) why would we not be considered a remnant of Jacob?

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

HereWeGo wrote: November 29th, 2022, 1:48 pm How can a City of Zion be built if there is no country, no functioning economy to acquire materials, and no freedom of movement?
Hollow Earth? Maybe there is truth to the rumors. ;)

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

onefour1 wrote: December 1st, 2022, 2:07 pm

D&C 103

D&C 101

3 Nephi 21
I saw no evidence in your above posts that the United States of America will be completely destroyed. I too am under the impression that the US will not be a country but I have read no definitive proof of it in scripture. It is a matter of scriptural interpretation. and thus a matter of person opinion.
There will be civil war and foreign invaders in America, there will be desolate major cities and waste places, and the US as you know it and think of it won't exist. Rather than completely destroyed, think of it as particularly unrecognizable. Think of the Nephite nation prior to the Lord's visit, these will be the norm of things: murderous secret combinations, political strife, lack of national security, class division, going tribal, and so on. Then add to that the antichrist reigning, making war against the saints, etc. Some of these things are in parallel, some in series, or both.

Helaman 10: 17-18
And it came to pass that thus he did go forth in the Spirit, from multitude to multitude, declaring the word of God, even until he had declared it unto them all, or sent it forth among all the people. And it came to pass that they would not hearken unto his words; and there began to be contentions, insomuch that they were divided against themselves and began to slay one another with the sword.

3 Nephi 3:22-25
22 And it came to pass in the seventeenth year, in the latter end of the year, the proclamation of Lachoneus had gone forth throughout all the face of the land, and they had taken their horses, and their chariots, and their cattle, and all their flocks, and their herds, and their grain, and all their substance, and did march forth by thousands and by tens of thousands, until they had all gone forth to the place which had been appointed that they should gather themselves together, to defend themselves against their enemies.
23 And the land which was appointed was the land of Zarahemla, and the land which was between the land Zarahemla and the land Bountiful, yea, to the line which was between the land Bountiful and the land Desolation.
24 And there were a great many thousand people who were called Nephites, who did gather themselves together in this land. Now Lachoneus did cause that they should gather themselves together in the land southward, because of the great curse which was upon the bland northward.
25 And they did fortify themselves against their enemies; and they did dwell in one land, and in one body, and they did fear the words which had been spoken by Lachoneus, insomuch that they did repent of all their sins; and they did put up their prayers unto the Lord their God, that he would deliver them in the time that their enemies should come down against them to battle.

JLHPROF
captain of 1,000

Post by JLHPROF »

D&C 103

D&C 101

3 Nephi 21
D&C specifically predicts the "end of ALL nations". By definition that would include the United States of America.
At some point there will be no national division. (Aahhh... open borders!)

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

onefour1 wrote: December 1st, 2022, 1:43 pm
Being There wrote: November 30th, 2022, 10:02 pm
there is no opinion.
Sure there are. Just read the over 50 posts above. I have found no scripture that specifically tells us that the United States of America will no longer exist at the time the City of Zion will be built. So based on ones interpretation of scripture, which is their personal opinion, they might believe that it will no longer exist or they may believe that it will still exist. Thank you for your opinion.
lol.
There is no opinion on this; (the scriptures are very clear on this matter)
but thanks for yours - thinking there is one.

why do I waste my time - in bring out the truth- to those that aren't even looking for it.
I guess maybe because, some that read this will see the truth.
I have found no scripture that specifically tells us that the United States of America will no longer exist
at the time the City of Zion will be built
talk about "interpretation of scripture, and personal opinion" -
you mean like you - thinking that there needs to be a scripture - that actually says it - the way you want it to -
that "the United States of America will no longer exist at the time the City of Zion will be built"
or else - it's just not true. lol

Obviously, you don't study the scriptures; nor do you keep the commandment the Lord gave -
to "search diligently" the words of Isaiah.
3 Nephi 23:1- 4
1 "And now, behold, I say unto you,
that ye ought to search these things.
Yea, a commandment I give unto
you that ye search these things diligently;
for great are the words of Isaiah."

onefour1
captain of 1,000

Post by onefour1 »

ransomme wrote: December 1st, 2022, 6:05 pm

D&C 103

D&C 101

3 Nephi 21
There will be civil war and foreign invaders in America, there will be desolate major cities and waste places, and the US as you know it and think of it won't exist. Rather than completely destroyed, think of it as particularly unrecognizable. Think of the Nephite nation prior to the Lord's visit, these will be the norm of things: murderous secret combinations, political strife, lack of national security, class division, going tribal, and so on. Then add to that the antichrist reigning, making war against the saints, etc. Some of these things are in parallel, some in series, or both.

Helaman 10: 17-18
And it came to pass that thus he did go forth in the Spirit, from multitude to multitude, declaring the word of God, even until he had declared it unto them all, or sent it forth among all the people. And it came to pass that they would not hearken unto his words; and there began to be contentions, insomuch that they were divided against themselves and began to slay one another with the sword.

3 Nephi 3:22-25
22 And it came to pass in the seventeenth year, in the latter end of the year, the proclamation of Lachoneus had gone forth throughout all the face of the land, and they had taken their horses, and their chariots, and their cattle, and all their flocks, and their herds, and their grain, and all their substance, and did march forth by thousands and by tens of thousands, until they had all gone forth to the place which had been appointed that they should gather themselves together, to defend themselves against their enemies.
23 And the land which was appointed was the land of Zarahemla, and the land which was between the land Zarahemla and the land Bountiful, yea, to the line which was between the land Bountiful and the land Desolation.
24 And there were a great many thousand people who were called Nephites, who did gather themselves together in this land. Now Lachoneus did cause that they should gather themselves together in the land southward, because of the great curse which was upon the bland northward.
25 And they did fortify themselves against their enemies; and they did dwell in one land, and in one body, and they did fear the words which had been spoken by Lachoneus, insomuch that they did repent of all their sins; and they did put up their prayers unto the Lord their God, that he would deliver them in the time that their enemies should come down against them to battle.
Thank you for your input and opinion.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

onefour1 wrote: December 1st, 2022, 2:21 pm
Being There wrote: November 30th, 2022, 10:32 pm

also,

You speak as if the remnant of Jacob is not the members of the Church. Can you give me a reference to who the remnant is if not the members of the church? My thoughts are that many of us in the Church receive our patriarchal blessings and at that time our lineage is pronounced. I have spoken with a patriarch about the lineages in our patriarchal blessings and he told me if you are adopted into the house of Israel it will state such in your blessing, otherwise you have the blood of the house of Israel within you and are a direct descendent. So if we in the church have the blood of Israel (Jacob) why would we not be considered a remnant of Jacob?
they're not -
the remnant of Jacob are not members of the Church.
Members of the church are GENTILES - and will stay GENTILES until they
perform their saving mission toward The House of Israel -
no matter what your patriarchal blessing says,
or even if you are a direct descendant and have the blood of The House of Israel.

"The repentant Gentiles are numbered with The House of Israel ONLY after they
perform their saving mission toward them.
The claim that Latter-Day Saints are of the House of Israel, descending through the mingled lineage of Ephraim,
though true, is thus provisional.
Whether Latter-Day Saints are of the House of Israel ultimately depends on whether they fulfill their prophetic mission"

Avraham Gileadi
"As we learn how the scriptures define Gentiles, we also understand what they teach about the role of Latter-day Saints.
The popular notion of Gentiles as non-Mormons appears inadequate when we come to realize
the message of The Book of Mormon."

"So long as we think of ourselves as the "good guys" in whatever scriptural scenario we are studying,
for example, we will learn very little from the scriptures.
We will not be able to apply their historical lessons to ourselves.
Most important, we will end up with only a hypothetical role or mission to fulfill, one lacking a correct idea of self-identity and purpose.
The scriptures speak of The House of Israel as well as the Gentiles in terms of both good and evil. At the root of the question of identities, therefore, is not who is good and who is bad, but rather what mission God asks us to fulfill."

(please read this)
Avraham Gileadi
"Serving as Kings and Queens of the Gentiles"
http://www.josephandjudah.com/2016/05/s ... tiles.html

this is just a small part taken from his talk.

"There comes a time in life when you have to take stock and ask yourself whether you are, in fact, doing what you came to do in this world. We read scriptures that speak of heroes and heroines who valiantly served God and accomplished miracles that saved much of humanity. Maybe they didn't do so at first, but when they awoke to a sense of who they were, they set about serving God to their utmost without the need to look back. We too seldom come to an awakening of who we are all at once because we often don't see ourselves as anyone special, and because heaven withholds its gifts from us until we finally conform our lives to God's will. But because we have implanted in us his divine gene, we are no less capable of being recreated into something like a god-magnificent and powerful-able to transform the world as did those illustrious forebears.
Thus it is with the end-time kings and queens of the Gentiles whom Isaiah predicts are to restore the house of Israel:

"I will lift up my hand to the Gentiles, raise my ensign to the peoples, and they will bring your sons in their bosoms and carry your daughters on their shoulders. Kings will be your foster fathers and queens your nursing mothers" (Isaiah 49:22-23). It is as if this passage from Isaiah acts as a lifeline that Book of Mormon prophets hold on to, knowing that God made provision from the beginning for those end-time Gentile kings and queens to save their descendants from their lost and fallen and scattered state.
For that reason, Book of Mormon prophets refer back to this passage again and again, as if to inspire those same kings and queens of the Gentiles who read the Book of Mormon to wake up and perform their saving role to the house of Israel. That role, however, has little to do with non-Israelites but everything to do with Israel's birthright tribe of Ephraim whose ancestors assimilated into the Gentiles and became "identified with the Gentiles" (Doctrine & Covenants 109:60).

* (list of things members have done, and continue to do )
"Let us additionally assume that we aren't among those same Gentiles "in Zion" (2 Nephi 28:21, 24, 32) who "are led, that in many instances they do err because they are taught by the precepts of men" (2 Nephi 28:14)-those who don't search the scriptures and repent of their error (cf. Jacob 7:23; Alma 14:1; 17:2 33:2; 3 Nephi 10:14) but who are "at ease in Zion" and assume "all is well" (2 Nephi 28:24-25). That we aren't among those who "hearken unto the precepts of men," who disallow "the power of God" in their lives and void "the gift of the Holy Ghost" (2 Nephi 28:26)-those who say, "We have received, and we need no more" (2 Nephi 28:27, 29), who get "angry" when confronted with "the truth of God" found in the scriptures when it conflicts with their "precepts of men" (2 Nephi 28:28, 31). That we aren't among those who end up denying the Lord God when his "arm"-his servant in the Book of Isaiah-"is lengthened out all the day long" (2 Nephi 28:32)."

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

D&C 103

D&C 101

3 Nephi 21
"scriptural interpretation" huh.

well I guess we better not even read the scriptures then,
if everything is only just going to be someones " scriptural interpretation" lol.

onefour1
captain of 1,000

Post by onefour1 »

JLHPROF wrote: December 1st, 2022, 6:06 pm

D&C 103

D&C 101

3 Nephi 21
D&C specifically predicts the "end of ALL nations". By definition that would include the United States of America.
At some point there will be no national division. (Aahhh... open borders!)
Doctrine and Covenants 87:6
6 And thus, with the sword and by bloodshed the inhabitants of the earth shall mourn; and with famine, and plague, and earthquake, and the thunder of heaven, and the fierce and vivid lightning also, shall the inhabitants of the earth be made to feel the wrath, and indignation, and chastening hand of an Almighty God, until the consumption decreed hath made a full end of all nations;

This is the only verse in the Doctrine and Covenants that I could find regarding a full end of all nations. However, this says nothing about the United States of America coming to an end before the City of Zion is built. Doctrine and Covenants 45 tells us the following:

Doctrine and Covenants 45:65-71
65 And with one heart and with one mind, gather up your riches that ye may purchase an inheritance which shall hereafter be appointed unto you.
66 And it shall be called the New Jerusalem, a land of peace, a city of refuge, a place of safety for the saints of the Most High God;
67 And the glory of the Lord shall be there, and the terror of the Lord also shall be there, insomuch that the wicked will not come unto it, and it shall be called Zion.
68 And it shall come to pass among the wicked, that every man that will not take his sword against his neighbor must needs flee unto Zion for safety.
69 And there shall be gathered unto it out of every nation under heaven; and it shall be the only people that shall not be at war one with another.
70 And it shall be said among the wicked: Let us not go up to battle against Zion, for the inhabitants of Zion are terrible; wherefore we cannot stand.
71 And it shall come to pass that the righteous shall be gathered out from among all nations, and shall come to Zion, singing with songs of everlasting joy.

It seems to me that with all the wars going on after the City of Zion is built that at that time there are probably still nations around. Maybe the end of all nations will not occur until after the City of Zion is built.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

D&C 103

D&C 101

3 Nephi 21
tell me this then.
HOW - can the Lord - ******** hurl to the ground - The Drunkards of Ephraim -
fulfilling Isa. 28:2, and not completely destroy The United States of America ?

as I've said in an other thread.

America IS FINISHED.
and The Times of the Gentiles - as spoken of in the scriptures - is coming to an end.
READ YOUR SCRIPTURES - AND TRUST IN THEM.

Our scriptures - the words of the Lord - Book of Mormon - and especially Isaiah
tell a different story - of what happens to America - the Gentiles - those that received the restored gospel.

I'll give you this though -
While The righteous principals of the Constitution may very will be saved and kept -
in the hearts of those saints that love liberty and love and serve the Lord -
that righteous remnant - that will return - (after America is swept clean) -
to build and establish Zion - living those righteous principals, -
The Constitution and America - the Gentiles -
including the church and the (Drunkards of Ephraim Isa. 28 church leaders)
will suffer the same fate and destruction - as did those in the Book of Mormon -
those who were also once blessed with the Lord's gospel,
but became full of pride and lost it to us - the Gentiles.
Those great prophets in the Book of Mormon - that tried to warn us - to not repeat their history.
But we did not heed their warnings to us - to not become like them, but have become like them - full of pride - thinking like they did - "we are special and blessed by the Lord - we can't ever lose the gospel".
They did - and so have we.

"Two consecutive histories of fallen peoples on this land fore-warn
the Gentiles of their own imminent fate. (Eth. 2:11; 8:21-26).
Mormon has vividly described the destruction of the Nephites. (Morm. 6:1-22).
Now Moroni recounts the destruction of the Jaredites in order to persuade
the Gentiles to repent. (Eth. 2:11; 8:23)."

So now - we will lose the gospel back to them, and suffer the same consequences as they did.

"I will bring the fulness of my gospel from among them"
https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... l#p1194575

*** The first will be last and the last, first

"At the first, the Jews (in the Book of Mormon vernacular, meaning the house of Israel) were redeemed, then they rejected God and the gospel was taken to the Gentiles. (Acts 10.) In these last days, Joseph Smith restored the gospel among the Gentiles; and when they reject it, it will be taken back to the Jews, and they will be redeemed.
Hence, the first will be last and the last, first."
(1 Ne. 13:42; Jacob 5:63; Ether 13:12; D&C 88:59; Matt. 19:30; 20:8,16.)

******** Isaiah 28, speaks of The "Drunkards of Ephraim! " (church leaders)

Isa. 28 "Ephraim and its prophets reap disaster for being delusional and for rejecting divine revelation."
and how the Lord will hurl them to the ground.

Isaiah 28
2 My Lord has in store one mighty and strong: as a ravaging hailstorm sweeping down,
or like an inundating deluge of mighty waters, he will hurl them to the ground by his hand.

The imagery of “a ravaging hailstorm sweeping down” and of “an inundating deluge of mighty waters”
identifies the king of Assyria/Babylon and his alliance of aggressor nations (Isaiah 8:7-8; 17:12; 18:2).

Although Jehovah provides a refuge for a repentant remnant of his people against the storms of their enemies
(Isaiah 4:6; 25:4-5; 57:13), he empowers the archtyrant—
Jehovah’s (left) hand—over “the drunkards of Ephraim” to cast their illustriousness to the ground

https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... d#p1222552

https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... m#p1193374

https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... h#p1037704

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

mudflap wrote: November 30th, 2022, 2:01 pm
Subcomandante wrote: November 30th, 2022, 9:46 am I'm pretty sure the scriptures are quite clear that the Lord God will make an end of all the nations when Zion is restored.
It's actually not that clear - for example - this scripture will be fulfilled after Zion is established:
And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
nations shall come to Zion AFTER the law goes forth "of Zion" (or from Zion).

or this one: Zion is established by this point, yet the nations still exist and "walk in the light of it" (Zion).
Rev 21:23And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
I don't think nations themselves are the problem, so much as nations where Babylon has taken over, which is probably all of them at this point, so a cleansing is needed. but not "an end of all nations".
Nation and country are not necessarily the same thing. Gentile nations are not the same as gentile countries. Nations refers to peoples, i.e. the nation of Israel. Biblically speaking, nations refers to peoples. So while countries will be destroyed, nations won't all be destroyed.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Being There wrote: December 1st, 2022, 7:50 pm

D&C 103

D&C 101

3 Nephi 21
tell me this then.
HOW - can the Lord - ******** hurl to the ground - The Drunkards of Ephraim -
fulfilling Isa. 28:2, and not completely destroy The United States of America ?

as I've said in an other thread.

America IS FINISHED.
and The Times of the Gentiles - as spoken of in the scriptures - is coming to an end.
READ YOUR SCRIPTURES - AND TRUST IN THEM.

Our scriptures - the words of the Lord - Book of Mormon - and especially Isaiah
tell a different story - of what happens to America - the Gentiles - those that received the restored gospel.

I'll give you this though -
While The righteous principals of the Constitution may very will be saved and kept -
in the hearts of those saints that love liberty and love and serve the Lord -
that righteous remnant - that will return - (after America is swept clean) -
to build and establish Zion - living those righteous principals, -
The Constitution and America - the Gentiles -
including the church and the (Drunkards of Ephraim Isa. 28 church leaders)
will suffer the same fate and destruction - as did those in the Book of Mormon -
those who were also once blessed with the Lord's gospel,
but became full of pride and lost it to us - the Gentiles.
Those great prophets in the Book of Mormon - that tried to warn us - to not repeat their history.
But we did not heed their warnings to us - to not become like them, but have become like them - full of pride - thinking like they did - "we are special and blessed by the Lord - we can't ever lose the gospel".
They did - and so have we.

"Two consecutive histories of fallen peoples on this land fore-warn
the Gentiles of their own imminent fate. (Eth. 2:11; 8:21-26).
Mormon has vividly described the destruction of the Nephites. (Morm. 6:1-22).
Now Moroni recounts the destruction of the Jaredites in order to persuade
the Gentiles to repent. (Eth. 2:11; 8:23)."

So now - we will lose the gospel back to them, and suffer the same consequences as they did.

"I will bring the fulness of my gospel from among them"
https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... l#p1194575

*** The first will be last and the last, first

"At the first, the Jews (in the Book of Mormon vernacular, meaning the house of Israel) were redeemed, then they rejected God and the gospel was taken to the Gentiles. (Acts 10.) In these last days, Joseph Smith restored the gospel among the Gentiles; and when they reject it, it will be taken back to the Jews, and they will be redeemed.
Hence, the first will be last and the last, first."
(1 Ne. 13:42; Jacob 5:63; Ether 13:12; D&C 88:59; Matt. 19:30; 20:8,16.)

******** Isaiah 28, speaks of The "Drunkards of Ephraim! " (church leaders)

Isa. 28 "Ephraim and its prophets reap disaster for being delusional and for rejecting divine revelation."
and how the Lord will hurl them to the ground.

Isaiah 28
2 My Lord has in store one mighty and strong: as a ravaging hailstorm sweeping down,
or like an inundating deluge of mighty waters, he will hurl them to the ground by his hand.

The imagery of “a ravaging hailstorm sweeping down” and of “an inundating deluge of mighty waters”
identifies the king of Assyria/Babylon and his alliance of aggressor nations (Isaiah 8:7-8; 17:12; 18:2).

Although Jehovah provides a refuge for a repentant remnant of his people against the storms of their enemies
(Isaiah 4:6; 25:4-5; 57:13), he empowers the archtyrant—
Jehovah’s (left) hand—over “the drunkards of Ephraim” to cast their illustriousness to the ground

https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... d#p1222552

https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... m#p1193374

https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... h#p1037704
Being There wrote: November 4th, 2022, 3:38 pm
Being There wrote: November 4th, 2022, 3:31 pm there won't be a country.
That's their plan - a NWO (New World Order)
America will be taken down and swept clean.
When Jehovah enters Egypt riding on swift clouds, the idols of Egypt will rock at his presence

In the book of Isaiah
Egypt, the super power always refers to the U.S.

Assyria - I believe could be modern-day Russia.- the beast - the bear.
The Lord uses him - His left hand - the king of Assyria - to be a scourge to us.

Gileadi

The Struggle within America—Isaiah Saw It

The importance of understanding Isaiah’s message increases daily as world events line up like the planets for the fulfillment of his prophecy.
Under the codename “Egypt”—the great superpower of Isaiah’s day—America is predicted to suffer spiritual decline, political ineptitude, economic collapse, internal anarchy, and invasion by a ruthless military world power from the North—an end-time “Assyria.”
On the other hand, a community of covenanters in Egypt turns back to God, who sends them a savior and delivers them (Isaiah 19–20). In the end, as the millennial age begins, “Egypt” again becomes “my people”—a righteous covenant people of God (Isaiah 19:25).

Isaiah 19 (in Isaiah - "Egypt is the U.S.)

"Isaiah 19 addresses the destruction and invasion of modern-day “Egypt”(America) by foreign invaders,
and the “cruel lord and a fierce king” who leads them. He is Isaiah’s “king of Assyria.”
Isaiah 19 also addresses the events that precede this foreign invasion.

There is civil war here first in verse 2. It is brought on by drought in verse 5,
the failure of various kinds of leaders in verses 11-14, and economic collapse in verse 15. "

1 An oracle concerning Egypt:
When Jehovah enters Egypt riding on swift clouds, the idols of Egypt will rock at his presence
and the Egyptians’ hearts melt within them.

Ancient Egypt, where Israel’s ancestors found refuge—birthplace of the birthright tribe of Ephraim, and of Moses, Israel’s deliverer—typifies a land with strong ties between Jehovah’s end-time people and end-time “Egypt.” In the Book of Isaiah’s apocalyptic context—when history repeats itself—the world’s superpower codenamed “Egypt” forms a part of Isaiah’s Greater Babylon and suffers covenant curses in Jehovah’s Day of Judgment.
So great is Egypt’s desolation on the heels of Jehovah’s “swift clouds” that its people’s hearts “melt within them” as in Isaiah’s vision of Babylon (Isaiah 13:6-8).

(civil war)
2 I will stir up the Egyptians against the Egyptians; they will fight brother against brother and neighbor against neighbor,
city against city and state against state.

3 Egypt’s spirit shall be drained from within; I will frustrate their plans, and they will resort to the idols and to spiritists,
to mediums and witchcraft.

Anarchy and civil war in the great superpower of the world form the prelude to its desolation. As much of the land is destroyed from within, Egypt’s enemies see their chance to invade from without. When Jehovah withdraws his Spirit because of a people’s evildoing, they are left to their own devices. Their alienation causes Jehovah to close the heavens. They lose the light they once had, and a man’s adversaries become those of his own people. Desperate, they turn to false channels of information—idols, spiritists, mediums, and witchcraft—only to compound their plight (Isaiah 8:19-20; 42:17; 44:17; 45:20).

4 Then will I deliver the Egyptians into the hand of a cruel master; a harsh ruler will subject them,says the Lord, Jehovah of Hosts.

The nation of Egypt in Isaiah’s day was ruled by a non-native Afro-Egyptian (Cushite) pharaoh of Egypt’s 25th dynasty (760-656 B.C.) (cf. Isaiah 18:1; 20:3-5).
This was a period of extensive government programs but of moral decline that set the stage for Assyria’s invasion and conquest of Egypt. Like ancient Egypt, end-time “Egypt” deteriorates politically (vv 11-15), experiences economic hardship (vv 8-10), and suffers severe drought conditions (vv 5-7). Egypt—the breadbasket of the world—is reduced to poverty.
Only the God of Israel, who rules over all nations, is able to save Egypt
(vv 20-24).

Isaiah 7
17 Jehovah will bring upon you and your people and your father’s house a day unlike any since Ephraim broke away from Judah—the day of the king of Assyria.

A time of national tragedy is to ensue—as when “Ephraim broke away from Judah” and Jehovah’s people became a house divided against itself (1 Kings 11:29-32; 12:19-21). Jehovah appoints the king of Assyria as his instrument to afflict his people who reject him (Isaiah 10:5-6). As his people’s king and protector—as their proxy representative—Ahaz, by his disloyalty to Israel’s God, directly impacts what happens to his people. It is just a matter of time, too, before Isaiah’s pronouncement is fulfilled and a righteous “son” or vassal (ben)—Immanuel—replaces the unrighteous Ahaz (vv 14-16).

18 In that day Jehovah will signal for the flies from the far rivers of Egypt and for the bees in the land of Assyria.
19 And they will come and settle with one accord in the river beds of the prairie and in rocky ravines, and by all ditches and water holes.
20 In that day my Lord will use a razor hired at the River—the king of Assyria—to shave your head and the hair of your legs, and to cut off even your beard.

Foreign armies, represented by swarms of flies and bees, invade the land in Jehovah’s Day of Judgment, implementing his covenant curse. The king of Assyria—Jehovah’s razor—takes captive the wicked of Jehovah’s people, shaving their hair in the manner of slaves. Historically referring to the Euphrates, the “River” (nahar) here characterizes the archtyrant as Lord Nahar—Lord River—a god of chaos in the Baal myth. The words “head” and “beard” allude to the people’s leaders (Isaiah 3:14; 9:15) whom the Assyrians exile first, as they did anciently, leaving the people leaderless.

Isaiah 20
Assyria subjugates the superpower Egypt after Jehovah’s prophet–servant gives three years’ warning.

1 In the year the general who was sent by Sargon king of Assyria came to Ashdod and took it by combat,
2 Jehovah had spoken through Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, Go and ungird the sackcloth from your loins and remove the shoes from your feet. And he had done so, going naked and barefoot.
3 Then Jehovah said, Just as my servant Isaiah has gone naked and barefoot for three years as a sign and portent against Egypt and Cush,
4 so shall the king of Assyria lead away the captives of Egypt and the exiles of Cush, both young and old, naked and barefoot, with buttocks uncovered—to Egypt’s shame.

Although Isaiah is already in a state of mourning because of the wickedness of Jehovah’s people and Assyria’s aggressiveness, Jehovah now asks him to go naked and barefoot as a “sign and portent” against Egypt and Cush (cf. Isaiah 8:18). Exposing himself to the elements and to people’s mockery, Isaiah—“my servant”—obeys. As a type of Jehovah’s end-time servant, Isaiah gives warning of Assyria’s invasion of Egypt and Cush (Upper Egypt) and of the humiliation of their captives. They have three years in which to repent before three years of Jehovah’s Day of Judgment overtake them (cf. Isaiah 16:14).

5 Men shall be appalled and perplexed at Cush, their hope, and at Egypt, their boast.
6 In that day shall the inhabitants of this isle say, See what has become of those we looked up to, on whom we relied for help and deliverance from the king of Assyria! How shall we ourselves escape?

The nations of the world who rely on Egypt’s military might to protect them see their hopes dashed when Assyria ravishes Egypt and Cush (Upper Egypt): “Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help, relying on horses, putting their trust in immense numbers of chariots and vast forces of horsemen, but who do not look to the Holy One of Israel, nor inquire of Jehovah!” (Isaiah 31:1); “Pharaoh’s protection shall turn to your shame, shelter in Egypt’s shadow to embarrassment” (Isaiah 30:2).
Without Jehovah’s divine intervention, the great superpower the world so admired proves no match for Assyria.

search "king of Assyria" https://www.isaiahexplained.com/search? ... of+Assyria
search "Assyria" https://www.isaiahexplained.com/search?search=Assyria

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

D&C 103

D&C 101

3 Nephi 21
besides all the evidence I've shown in Isaiah - showing that The United States of America will be completely destroyed,
here is even more - from The Book of Mormon - in Ether.

This is what happens when you don't serve the God of the land -even Jesus Christ.

America WILL be invaded, and the people (including members) will be put into bondage.
Because it is "a choice land"
a land and a people that no longer serves "the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ"

(Ether 2:9-12)
9 “And now, we can behold the decrees of God concerning this land, that it is a land of promise;
and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall serve God, or they shall be swept off when the fulness of his wrath shall come upon them. And the fulness of his wrath cometh upon them when they are ripened in iniquity.
10 For behold, this is a land which is choice above all other lands; wherefore he that doth possess it
shall serve God or shall be swept off; for it is the everlasting decree of God.
And it is not until the fulness of iniquity among the children of the land, that they are swept off.”

Ether says three times "swept off",
but the last time he says it, he says it like it will happen.
"And it is not until the fulness of iniquity among the children of the land, that they are swept off.”

Serve God or be swept off this "Choice Land" !
Where much is given, much is required.
Have we lived up to the lease of the land ? NO !

11 “And this cometh unto you, O ye Gentiles, that ye may know the decrees of God – that ye may repent, and not continue in your iniquities until the fulness come, that ye may not bring down the fulness of the wrath of God upon you as the inhabitants of the land have hitherto done.
12 Behold, this is a choice land, and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall be free from bondage, and from captivity, and from all other nations under heaven, if they will but serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ, who hath been manifested by the things which we have written.”

D&C 103
15 "Behold, I say unto you, the redemption of Zion must needs come by power;
16 Therefore, I will raise up unto my people a man, who shall lead them like as Moses led the children of Israel.
17 For ye are the children of Israel, and of the seed of Abraham,
and ye must needs be led out of bondage by power, and with a stretched-out arm.
18 And as your fathers were led at the first, even so shall the redemption of Zion be."