Essay: Where are the Robbers?

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Re: Essay: Where are the Robbers?

Post by blitzinstripes »

If you don't believe that Anthony Fauci, Justin Trudeau, Joe Biden, big Pharma CEO's, etc are Gadiantons, I CANT HELP YOU.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

The church won't talk about Gadiantons, as they do the bidding of the Gadiantons, leading some to suppose that there are no actual Gadiantons.

Kind of like this:
Screenshot_20221201-082135_Book of Mormon~2.jpg
Screenshot_20221201-082135_Book of Mormon~2.jpg (169.64 KiB) Viewed 531 times

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Chip wrote: December 1st, 2022, 9:25 am The church won't talk about Gadiantons, as they do the bidding of the Gadiantons, leading some to suppose that there are no actual Gadiantons.

Kind of like this:

Screenshot_20221201-082135_Book of Mormon~2.jpg
I had a guy on FB tell me that there was "no sin." Reminded me of Lehi's beautiful discourse on opposition in all things. If there is no good and evil, sin nor wickedness, then God would cease to be God.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

blitzinstripes wrote: December 1st, 2022, 9:15 am If you don't believe that Anthony Fauci, Justin Trudeau, Joe Biden, big Pharma CEO's, etc are Gadiantons, I CANT HELP YOU.
Do you think they are Crips or Bloods?

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

tribrac wrote: December 1st, 2022, 9:39 am
blitzinstripes wrote: December 1st, 2022, 9:15 am If you don't believe that Anthony Fauci, Justin Trudeau, Joe Biden, big Pharma CEO's, etc are Gadiantons, I CANT HELP YOU.
Bloods and Crips= little fish.

Gadiantons play on bigger fields. 😉

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

tribrac wrote: December 1st, 2022, 9:39 am
Latter-day gadiantons seek control of government. The Crips and the Bloods, and others of their sort do not strive for control of government.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

;)

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

It would be interesting to read a paper about another common Book of Mormon theme....class warfare and inequality including the directly related Priestcraft.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

endlessismyname wrote: November 29th, 2022, 6:49 pm I’ve made a lot of traction in conversations by pointing out that in all scripture, the *enemy* is clearly identified, but that in the modern day church, there seems to be no enemy.
The enemy is out there, to be sure. But now, if the Church leadership were to name them, they could come down on the Church and bring all hell with them, seriously hindering the Church's main mission. There is enough written in the Book of Mormon about the works of secret combinations that if we endeavour to "learn of...things which are,...things which are at home; things which are abroad; the wars and the perplexities of the nations, and the judgements which are on the land; and a knowledge also of countries and of kingdoms" (D&C 88:79), we will be able to see who and what they are. The shenanigans described in Alma 54, Helaman 1,2,3,6,7,8, 3 Nephi 6&7, and Ether 8 give us good clues as to what to look for.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

lundbaek wrote: December 15th, 2022, 1:58 pm
endlessismyname wrote: November 29th, 2022, 6:49 pm I’ve made a lot of traction in conversations by pointing out that in all scripture, the *enemy* is clearly identified, but that in the modern day church, there seems to be no enemy.
The enemy is out there, to be sure. But now, if the Church leadership were to name them, they could come down on the Church and bring all hell with them, seriously hindering the Church's main mission. There is enough written in the Book of Mormon about the works of secret combinations that if we endeavour to "learn of...things which are,...things which are at home; things which are abroad; the wars and the perplexities of the nations, and the judgements which are on the land; and a knowledge also of countries and of kingdoms" (D&C 88:79), we will be able to see who and what they are. The shenanigans described in Alma 54, Helaman 1,2,3,6,7,8, 3 Nephi 6&7, and Ether 8 give us good clues as to what to look for.
I think you're argument is reasonable, and I really like the way you express yourself.

Thanks for those scripture references... gives me a topical study for tonight!

And I once heard a comedian say that you knew you were a goner if you ever heard yourself use the word "shenanigans"... so be careful out there, old timer! :)

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Capitulating to sin is not how God works IMO.

Members think there's some secret sauce going on behind the scenes where church leaders are somehow dancing a fine line. They are not. They are fully complicit in promoting false and damning ideologies.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

Joseph Smith said that 'no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing.'

But I agree. The church is AFRAID of them. Which doesn't bode well for us.

Fear God. Not men.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I think that if the Church got into a scrap with the latter-day gadiantons (LDGs) the harm to its/our missionary program would deny the opportunity of learning the gospel and investigating the Church to how many people I cannot imagine. And I've no doubt its building program would be hindered as well. So, for those reasons I've resigned myself to doing what I can however I can to expose the LDGs and to persuade people to learn, uphold, and abide by the principles of the U.S. Constitution.

I don't expect agreement on this, but that's OK. But I do wish more LDSs would learn, uphold, and abide by the principles of the U.S. Constitution, and find ways to expose the LDGs. I find that the John Birch Society does a good job and provides good tools for the latter. And local Constitution study groups are a good way to persuade and motivate people to learn, uphold, and abide by the principles of the U.S. Constitution.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

The robbers are here amongst us,

when they won’t investigate someone’s story with a willingness to believe.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

endlessismyname wrote: December 15th, 2022, 2:04 pm
I think you're argument is reasonable, and I really like the way you express yourself.

Thanks for those scripture references... gives me a topical study for tonight!

And I once heard a comedian say that you knew you were a goner if you ever heard yourself use the word "shenanigans"... so be careful out there, old timer! :)
Shenanigans was a super reastaraunt on Saipan.

It was a sad day when they closed up shop. :(

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Post by Letfreedumbring »

lundbaek wrote: December 15th, 2022, 4:37 pm I think that if the Church got into a scrap with the latter-day gadiantons (LDGs) the harm to its/our missionary program would deny the opportunity of learning the gospel and investigating the Church to how many people I cannot imagine.
I hate to say this but the evidence is in. They can no longer harm the church greater than what it is doing to itself.
Numbers are declining across the board even convert baptisms of children born in the church but are age 9 which is the bread and butter of their missionary statistics.

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Post by Letfreedumbring »

You have thought out your response and also included scriptural references from your study.
Why is the church such an easy target for Gadianton robbers right now?
The lack of these two things historically - thinking and study.

Correlation killed any independent interest in the gospel to supposedly curb apostasy.
And church leaders kept preaching all is well message to help members feel comfortable enough to keep giving without thinking about it. Welcome to the New Church Normal.