Back when church leaders actually had some guts, Joseph Fielding Smith quote.

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Back when church leaders actually had some guts, Joseph Fielding Smith quote.

Post by kirtland r.m. »

"Satan has control now. No matter where you look, he is in control, even in our own land. He is guiding the governments as far as the Lord will permit him. That is why there is so much strife, turmoil, confusion all over the earth. One master mind is governing the nations. It is not the President of the United States…it is not the king or government of England or any other land; it is Satan himself.” (Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. 3, pp.314-315)

How very much worse things are now! Our youth are not being taught(in some important places) some of the very things that would help inoculate them against the evils and confusion now widespread across the earth. Older G.A.'s were brought up on this kind of information in above quote. Now they seem interested in criticizing patriots as radicals and "nationalistic", and somewhat out of step and foolish.

Focus on the real enemies of the gospel, their tactics, and their anti Christ beliefs would much better serve the Lord's purposes as it did a generation ago when we heard a verity of comments which are now seemingly ignored and not discussed, rather than nitpicking saints who are much like a greater majority of the members of the church fifty years ago, but now who seem to be under attack by the growing lefties in the church and elsewhere. Welcome to the last days.

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Re: Back when church leaders actually had some guts, Joseph Fielding Smith quote.

Post by Letfreedumbring »

Unfortunately it isn't just the lefties in the church unless we include the Q15 in that group.
Sadly, it is coming from the highest leaders in the church themselves. Hard to blame the congregation when it is being preached over the pulpit or in public.

I really doubt we have had a conservative leader in the church since Ezra Taft Benson, not sure on Hunter.
The rest were all romneys in conservative clothing.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Back when church leaders actually had some guts, Joseph Fielding Smith quote.

Post by kirtland r.m. »

Letfreedumbring wrote: November 29th, 2022, 9:08 pm Unfortunately it isn't just the lefties in the church unless we include the Q15 in that group.
Sadly, it is coming from the highest leaders in the church themselves. Hard to blame the congregation when it is being preached over the pulpit or in public.

I really doubt we have had a conservative leader in the church since Ezra Taft Benson, not sure on Hunter.
The rest were all romneys in conservative clothing.
Elder Packer and Elder Maxwell were awesome. I have heard them say things which you will not see talked about by any Q15 members I have ever heard about. Oh, the good ol' days!