Eye cataracts

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Eye cataracts

Post by Cruiserdude »

NowWhat wrote: November 29th, 2022, 8:00 am I had cataract surgery on both eyes about four years ago (Excel Eye Center in Provo). Now I see like a teenager, up close and far away. I was surprised to find, after surgery on the first eye, that I had been looking at the world through dirt-colored lenses: The snow was white when viewed through the completed eye, and dirty tan through the other eye. Two weeks later, with the second surgery, suddenly everything was beautiful.
That's incredible to me. Our modern times technology is unbelievable.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

@BeNotDeceived - I have put MSM drops in my left eye only for 4 days now with no headache at all, so I'm encouraged about that. I also put castor oil on my eyelids (both) for the last two nights. The cloudiness already seems a little clearer, but I won't judge the effectiveness of it until I can read with that eye.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

David13 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 11:05 pm Lutein.

I drove a guy to Provo to get eye surgery, but it turned out the lutein had cured him and he didn't need the surgery.

Or also beta carotene.
dc
Fascinating. 🤔

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Silver Pie wrote: November 28th, 2022, 12:50 pm In another thread, you said your cataracts were gone. How many times a day did you put drops in?

I tried MSM in both eyes, and it kept giving me headaches if I did it every day. More recently, I decided to put them in only the affected eye (because of your and the other person who posted successes). Jury's still out on whether or not it will give me those bad headaches.
BeNotDeceived wrote: November 11th, 2021, 6:11 am I went to see an eye doctor about a year ago and he said I was developing cataracts. At the time I didn’t think I was suffering any symptoms, but then a few months later I had trouble seeing small computer text, and so made another appointment.

It took about two weeks to get an appointment, and in the interim, a guy at work touted thee benefits of MSM. When I googled it, cataracts were high on the list it was good for. I ordered a bottle of 3% eye drops.

So I goes to me appointment, and see the head doc, who does a bunch more tests, and says make yet another appointment for the pre-surgery measurements. Turns out headlight glare is the most noticeable symptom. Then my MSM eye drops showed up, and from the first use the results were amazing. :)

A week later I show again and this time tell the lady optician about the miracle eye drops. She says she’s never heard of them, but tells me part of the deal is expensive post surgery eye drops. Anyways I was planning to go through with the surgery, but then a letter shows up saying the recommended treatment is a hard contact lens. Surgery apparently isn’t an option, because of previous eye surgery.

https://www.visioncenter.org/blog/cataracts-drops/ there’s an article that was updated late last month, but still the FDA is clueless about any eye drops.

Now I use a 15% MSM eye drops and found Castor Oil helps too. I tried Can-C ones, but see no improvement. There are also glycerin formulations, and many more for pets. Supplements are also highly touted. I heard an ad for prescription eye drops for dry eyes, and I’m thinking to go see another optometrist.

Anyone have any experience with this?
Did you find if you did it less often that you didn't get these problems?

I wonder if these bright screens that we stare at all the time now don't play their part.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Niemand wrote: December 6th, 2022, 5:50 pm Did you find if you did it less often that you didn't get these problems?

I wonder if these bright screens that we stare at all the time now don't play their part.
No headaches to date, and I've put the MSM drops in my left eye twice a day for the last several days.

It could be a factor, to be sure. I think the screens are not good for our eyes - neither is looking at something close all the time (sort of a "if you don't use it, you lose it" kind of thing in regards to far vision).

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 11th, 2021, 6:11 am I went to see an eye doctor about a year ago and he said I was developing cataracts. At the time I didn’t think I was suffering any symptoms, but then a few months later I had trouble seeing small computer text, and so made another appointment.

It took about two weeks to get an appointment, and in the interim, a guy at work touted thee benefits of MSM. When I googled it, cataracts were high on the list it was good for. I ordered a bottle of 3% eye drops.

So I goes to me appointment, and see the head doc, who does a bunch more tests, and says make yet another appointment for the pre-surgery measurements. Turns out headlight glare is the most noticeable symptom. Then my MSM eye drops showed up, and from the first use the results were amazing. :)

A week later I show again and this time tell the lady optician about the miracle eye drops. She says she’s never heard of them, but tells me part of the deal is expensive post surgery eye drops. Anyways I was planning to go through with the surgery, but then a letter shows up saying the recommended treatment is a hard contact lens. Surgery apparently isn’t an option, because of previous eye surgery.

https://www.visioncenter.org/blog/cataracts-drops/ there’s an article that was updated late last month, but still the FDA is clueless about any eye drops.

Now I use a 15% MSM eye drops and found Castor Oil helps too. I tried Can-C ones, but see no improvement. There are also glycerin formulations, and many more for pets. Supplements are also highly touted. I heard an ad for prescription eye drops for dry eyes, and I’m thinking to go see another optometrist.

My pops is starting to get 'floaters' in his eye, I think that's what he said, but I had just read this thread a few days before he mentioned his floaters to me. I was excited to tell him about MSM drops for the eyes!! It took a couple weeks and he has noticed legitimate improvement with the 'floaters'. I was so happy for him!
So thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience with this, hermano 👍🙏

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Cruiserdude wrote: December 10th, 2022, 11:18 am

My pops is starting to get 'floaters' in his eye, I think that's what he said, but I had just read this thread a few days before he mentioned his floaters to me. I was excited to tell him about MSM drops for the eyes!! It took a couple weeks and he has noticed legitimate improvement with the 'floaters'. I was so happy for him!
I've had floaters in my eye since childhood.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Niemand wrote: December 10th, 2022, 3:57 pm
Cruiserdude wrote: December 10th, 2022, 11:18 am

I've had floaters in my eye since childhood.
I remember my childhood doctor saying something about protein deposits in my eyes.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Silver Pie wrote: November 28th, 2022, 12:50 pm In another thread, you said your cataracts were gone. How many times a day did you put drops in?

I tried MSM in both eyes, and it kept giving me headaches if I did it every day. More recently, I decided to put them in only the affected eye (because of your and the other person who posted successes). Jury's still out on whether or not it will give me those bad headaches.

Castor oil was once a day, maybe 5 days a week.
The Isotine was 1-4 times a day.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

JohnnyL wrote: January 25th, 2023, 3:34 pm Castor oil was once a day, maybe 5 days a week.
Thanks. I appreciate the info.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Silver Pie wrote: January 25th, 2023, 3:54 pm
JohnnyL wrote: January 25th, 2023, 3:34 pm Castor oil was once a day, maybe 5 days a week.
I put the castor oil in at night--makes it easier. Keep the Isotine (or even salt water drops) nearby in case your eyes get dry or sticky.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

BroJones wrote: November 11th, 2021, 2:30 pm
karend77 wrote: November 11th, 2021, 12:46 pm I had fast growing cataracts- started in only one eye. I tried special eye drops including Dr Christophers brand and vitamins but they did not work. So did the surgery for one eye then 2 years later the other eye . Wasnt bad at all. Very happy with the results. If the eye drops can reverse the issues for you then congrats.
Can you tell us about the surgery? Do they knock you out or just numb the eye? Thx
I had mine remove 4 and 5 weeks ago. One at a time. Did the worst eye first. The surgeon I went to has his office in the hospital. So on the day I went to the surgery department as instructed. She told me to take my clothes off and put the gown on. I looked at her and said "I came in for my eyes." She gave me a look so I did as she said.

Woke up and they was all done.

It takes a week or so to heal so I waited and then went back in to get examined for glasses. I have been wearing glasses all of my life. I do not ever remember not wearing glasses. I could see pretty good. I mean not as good as with corrected vision, but I could drive and read road signs. That had never been the case before.

So I go in and get my glasses when they were ready and they don't work. I see better without them. So I figure to go back in and have a recheck and see if he can do it right this time. I've been busy so I haven't had time to go back in.

Thing is, I've never been able to see this good without glasses, ever. So I'm not too bummed out. Could have been worse.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I have castor oil and have been using it. I just ordered some Isotine. The reviews said it helped their (and their pets) cataracts to go away. It will be interesting to see how this works.

I've also heard that a carnivore diet is supposed to help vision (with Vitamin C supplements).

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

Fred wrote: January 25th, 2023, 4:08 pm
karend77 wrote: November 11th, 2021, 12:46 pm I had fast growing cataracts- started in only one eye. I tried special eye drops including Dr Christophers brand and vitamins but they did not work. So did the surgery for one eye then 2 years later the other eye . Wasnt bad at all. Very happy with the results. If the eye drops can reverse the issues for you then congrats.
Can you tell us about the surgery? Do they knock you out or just numb the eye? Thx
I had mine remove 4 and 5 weeks ago. One at a time. Did the worst eye first. The surgeon I went to has his office in the hospital. So on the day I went to the surgery department as instructed. She told me to take my clothes off and put the gown on. I looked at her and said "I came in for my eyes." She gave me a look so I did as she said.

It takes a week or so to heal so I waited and then went back in to get examined for glasses. I have been wearing glasses all of my life. I do not ever remember not wearing glasses. I could see pretty good. I mean not as good as with corrected vision, but I could drive and read road signs. That had never been the case before.

So I go in and get my glasses when they were ready and they don't work. I see better without them. So I figure to go back in and have a recheck and see if he can do it right this time. I've been busy so I haven't had time to go back in.

Thing is, I've never been able to see this good without glasses, ever. So I'm not too bummed out. Could have been worse.
I know a bunch of people, including plenty of family, who got new artificial lenses as part of their cataract surgery, and none of them wear glasses now. I have been thinking about having my eyes done, just for that reason alone. So, I am surprised to hear that you were expecting to still need glasses afterwards. I guess I need to look into this some more.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

tmac wrote: January 26th, 2023, 8:14 pm
Fred wrote: January 25th, 2023, 4:08 pm

I know a bunch of people, including plenty of family, who got new artificial lenses as part of their cataract surgery, and none of them wear glasses now. I have been thinking about having my eyes done, just for that reason alone. So, I am surprised to hear that you were expecting to still need glasses afterwards. I guess I need to look into this some more.
That is the case most of the time. My eyes were really bad. 20-400 vision. There was only so much he could do. There are other things beside the lens that make a difference. The very shape of your eyeball for one. My daughter had Lasik and she is thrilled.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

I have not tried this, but in Paul Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar book, they recommend using an eyewash cup and washing your eyes with apple cider vinegar. Make sure to study it out before attempting it. I can’t remember if they recommend diluting it or using it straight. But it was supposed to be good for cataracts.

I have had good results using apple cider vinegar on my skin. I use it instead of soap in the shower. That’s another thing recommended in Paul Bragg’s book. I got rid of warts on my hand, warts or moles or something on my leg and a callous on my Achilles tendon. After showering just a few times with acv. Oh yeah, and my skin has not been as dry this winter.

Unfortunately I think I gave my Bragg’s ACV book away, because I haven’t been able to find it anywhere so I can’t look up the info in there.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Wolfwoman wrote: January 26th, 2023, 8:44 pm I have not tried this, but in Paul Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar book, they recommend using an eyewash cup and washing your eyes with apple cider vinegar. Make sure to study it out before attempting it. I can’t remember if they recommend diluting it or using it straight. But it was supposed to be good for cataracts.
My experience with acv would lead me to dilute it first. I wish you had the book still - :) - then I'd know the dilution ratio.
I'll see what I can find out about this.

I appreciate your info.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Wolfwoman wrote: January 26th, 2023, 8:44 pm Unfortunately I think I gave my Bragg’s ACV book away, because I haven’t been able to find it anywhere so I can’t look up the info in there.
I found a few copies on pdfdrive.com

The relevant part (page 71):

Bragg’s Vinegar Eye Wash for Cataracts
My 70 year-young gardener in California went to his eye doctor because his eyes were getting cloudy. He was told he needed cataract surgery! Then he began drinking our vinegar and using Bragg’s Vinegar Eye Wash. Now his eyes are perfectly clear and he’s seeing better than ever!

Police Captain Diane’s best friend Spike
[a dog] is 14 1/2. His eyes were becoming increasingly more clouded by cataracts. Diane began using Bragg’s Vinegar Eye Wash in his eyes and now they are crystal clear and Spike is a happy doggie!

Bragg’s Vinegar Eye Wash:
3 tsp Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar in 4 oz. distilled water. You can use as an eyewash or as drops. Repeat 2 to 3 times daily. Keep solution in closed eyes for 2 minutes. Sometimes slight smarting occurs.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Silver Pie wrote: January 26th, 2023, 9:05 pm
Wolfwoman wrote: January 26th, 2023, 8:44 pm Unfortunately I think I gave my Bragg’s ACV book away, because I haven’t been able to find it anywhere so I can’t look up the info in there.
I found a few copies on pdfdrive.com

The relevant part (page 71):

Bragg’s Vinegar Eye Wash for Cataracts
My 70 year-young gardener in California went to his eye doctor because his eyes were getting cloudy. He was told he needed cataract surgery! Then he began drinking our vinegar and using Bragg’s Vinegar Eye Wash. Now his eyes are perfectly clear and he’s seeing better than ever!

Police Captain Diane’s best friend Spike
[a dog] is 14 1/2. His eyes were becoming increasingly more clouded by cataracts. Diane began using Bragg’s Vinegar Eye Wash in his eyes and now they are crystal clear and Spike is a happy doggie!

Bragg’s Vinegar Eye Wash:
3 tsp Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar in 4 oz. distilled water. You can use as an eyewash or as drops. Repeat 2 to 3 times daily. Keep solution in closed eyes for 2 minutes. Sometimes slight smarting occurs.
Oh awesome! Thank you!

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Wolfwoman wrote: January 26th, 2023, 8:44 pm in Paul Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar book, they recommend using an eyewash cup and washing your eyes with apple cider vinegar.
Silver Pie wrote: January 26th, 2023, 9:05 pm Bragg’s Vinegar Eye Wash:
I made some today. I didn't use an eye cup. Instead, I put it in an empty bottle that had an eyedropper lid (the kind with a bulb at the top that you squeeze). I've used it twice (once a few minutes ago).

I would say that the only way you can keep it in your eyes for two minutes is to hold the eye cup to your eye for two minutes. Tears begin to wash it out before two minutes is up. Also, it is difficult to see for a couple of minutes afterward. It did sting.

Because I can't keep my eyes open for eye drops, I dropped several drops on my closed lid, then blinked several times until it was in my eye (same way I do the msm).

Waiting for the Isotine to get here. It's supposed to get here in a couple of weeks.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

JohnnyL wrote: January 25th, 2023, 3:57 pm
Silver Pie wrote: January 25th, 2023, 3:54 pm
I put the castor oil in at night--makes it easier. Keep the Isotine (or even salt water drops) nearby in case your eyes get dry or sticky.
I just woke up in Midvale with dry sticky eyes and immediately an IVISIA ad came on FoxNews. These have Hyaluronic Acid and I began using them several months ago.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

I ordered some supplements from sight care. My vision hasn't improved or worsened, so it is mostly an experiment for a family member with caracts.
EDIT:

Holy heck, there's actual knock offs online at amazon for this label.

https://getsightcareorg.com//

I think this is the legitimate one, or at least it looks like the infomercial Candace Owens linked to. Same ingredients. Now of course I am not that gullible, I have my own divination and source verification methods.

I won't need them for long, they simply do what I can already do for the family member but they prefer pills over the esoteric healing methods. There have been a couple of info mercials, like the one for oral bacterial hygiene, that was very useful in terms of the info, even without the supplements.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Braggs must have one of the cleverest marketing campaigns around. They've got people believing that a) they are the only brand in town and b) a panacea.

Peeps
captain of 1,000

Post by Peeps »

Has anyone used eye drops made for pets on themselves? I have not used these eye drops, but I would try them if I were having cataract symptoms. I found that many medications for animals work for humans too. These are sold on Amazon, $32.99 for two 10ml bottles.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I started using MSM tonight. Probably too early to say. I'm not very used to eye droppers... still looks like I have a shoal of fish floating around in there.