Family Home Evening (FHE) Ideas?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Family Home Evening (FHE) Ideas?

Post by Robin Hood »

Thinker wrote: October 13th, 2021, 6:35 pm
Robin Hood wrote: October 9th, 2021, 4:14 pm I believe if you have to set aside an evening a week to spend with your family... you're doing it wrong.
How so?
What would be ideal, to you?
With the odd exception, every evening should be with the family.
The reason FHE was instituted was because we were spending our time playing sports, attending church activities... and so on. Every night was filled up with something and the family members were just ships that passed in the night.
But get rid of all that Babylonian clutter and free up our evenings to spend with our families, and the need for a church programme to make us condescend to spend time with them disappears.
Being with our family and interacting together should be the norm.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Robin Hood wrote: October 13th, 2021, 11:43 pm
Thinker wrote: October 13th, 2021, 6:35 pm
Robin Hood wrote: October 9th, 2021, 4:14 pm I believe if you have to set aside an evening a week to spend with your family... you're doing it wrong.
How so?
What would be ideal, to you?
With the odd exception, every evening should be with the family.
The reason FHE was instituted was because we were spending our time playing sports, attending church activities... and so on. Every night was filled up with something and the family members were just ships that passed in the night.
But get rid of all that Babylonian clutter and free up our evenings to spend with our families, and the need for a church programme to make us condescend to spend time with them disappears.
Being with our family and interacting together should be the norm.
Yes, ideally, but the way it often goes, is each is busy doing their own things (work, school, sports, responsibilities etc) so it makes sense to be sure at least once a week, we gather as a family to discuss spiritual matters. And ideally, we take time to have fun too.

I’m not suggesting we don’t spend time together otherwise. Only that a regular routine is established to gather specifically for spiritual teaching one another, & having fun/bonding.

Still, RH, I appreciate the reminder to incorporate together time daily. Some of my best memories with my dad growing up, was working along side him.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Most recently:

Grounded, knowing who u r
Look only to God for guidance, approval, &compassion.

“Pray without ceasing…” -1Theselonians 5

You are not a spiritual orphan but have a Heavenly Father and Mother - act like it!
(focus on -“GOD”):

Goals: SPF, PIES

Know who u r - values & priorities 1:14 -2:38…. 8:13-11:15
https://youtu.be/kc15FIo8IUU

Matthew 6:33
Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Luke 10:27
Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

Hymns: 227 & 228 You can make the pathway bright
ACTIVity: each pick 1 song dance w strobe light 💃🏼 🕺