Prophetic Pleadings

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Prophetic Pleadings

Post by endlessQuestions »

As I continue my deep dive on prophets, I found this video of interest.

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Re: Prophetic Pleadings

Post by Letfreedumbring »

So the prophet pleads with us to be alert to anyone who might be in danger of being abused and act promptly to protect them?

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

It really draws into contrast how much more practical previous prophets were. Pres. Nelson almost exclusively lives in the abstract.

Are we really being prepared for the second coming? It sure doesn't feel like preparation to me. And when I look around, I don't see a people spiritually ramping up for the things that are to come. In fact, it seems like people are spiritually stagnating and are more in tune with the world than ever before.

I find that this abstract preaching gives people the impression of great wisdom. But the net result does not appear to be more conversion and action among the members. When you combine this with the actual policy changes over the last few years, what we see is a membership that is more reliant on the institution and the world than ever before.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Serragon wrote: November 28th, 2022, 1:23 pm In fact, it seems like people are spiritually stagnating and are more in tune with the world than ever before.
What can you expect when the GC messages are about how well we are doing and that All is Well in Zion. Constant messages about how bright the future looks.