Let them Flee into the mountains

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Let them Flee into the mountains

Post by Fred »

HVDC wrote: November 24th, 2022, 10:21 pm
dennis wrote: November 24th, 2022, 8:36 pm HVDC I have 5 children, all married and they have not chosen to come to costa rica yet..... there is a very excellent school just down the road. I have found most things are as good or better here. there is no army, they use money saved from no military spending for education. there is no repeat no snow, lots of food, really friendly people , many people are moving here from other countries.
I had previously looked into Costa Rica and Panama but my wife wouldn't consider it.

Kids and family ties.

Enjoy.

Sir H
I tried to reply to your PM. You have something disabled. I forget the exact error.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Does anyone understand what “a time like Noah” means?

A time of great upheaval, earthquakes and natural disasters.

The sun has a clock and what we call a solar cycle shows a little of the sun’s clock cycle. The mountains is where we will be protected from the events that will plague the earth. Isaiah and revelation hints at the destruction that the sun will cause.

If it wasn’t for a small remnant we would be all burned up.

Isaiah 1

9 Except the Lord of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.

The bones in the cemetery they found in what they believe to be Gomorrah were warped from heat, intense heat!

Verse 9 is another way we know that Isaiah is more about the last days.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Bronco73idi wrote: November 25th, 2022, 11:14 am Does anyone understand what “a time like Noah” means?
Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

dennis
captain of 1,000

Post by dennis »

At that day when they shall sin against my gospel, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, and shall be lifted up in the pride of their hearts above all nations, and above all the people of the whole earth, and shall be filled with all manner of lyings, and of deceits, and of mischiefs, and all manner of hypocrisy, and murders, and priestcrafts, and whoredoms, and of secret abominations; and if they shall do all those things, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, behold, saith the Father, I will bring the fulness of my gospel from among them. And then will I remember my covenant which I have made unto my people, O house of Israel, and I will bring my gospel unto them.

Clearly this prophecy is directed toward us Latter-day Saints , for how could the fullness of the gospel be taken “from among” a group of people that it had never been given to in the first place?

dennis
captain of 1,000

Post by dennis »

Native Americans, the Lord’s “people who are a remnant of Jacob” in the land of promise, marshaling for war and going forth “among the Gentiles, yea, in the midst of them as a lion among the beasts of the forest, as a young lion among the flocks of sheep, who, if he go through both treadeth down and teareth in pieces, and none can deliver.”

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

HVDC wrote: November 24th, 2022, 6:15 pm
dennis wrote: November 24th, 2022, 6:03 pm The pattern we find in scripture is that when a society reaches a tipping point when they are “ripe for destruction” (Hel. 13:14), the Lord preserves the righteous by calling them out of the city or society, and leading them to a safe place, or into the wilderness. The Jaredites were led out of a wicked society into the wilderness, and eventually sailed to the promised land.

The Book of Mormon begins with its own callout as Nephi records his family’s departure from Jerusalem into the wilderness prior to the Babylonian invasion. Concerning this story, Avraham Gileadi wrote: “Considering to whom he is writing—his own people and the Gentiles of the latter days—his account is not merely a history but also a type and shadow of what will take place before the Lord’s coming to reign on the earth. . . he enables his latter-day readers to some day liken his exodus to themselves. Having seen our day, he adapts his writing to what will be of most worth to his readers.” (Gileadi, Studies in the Book of Mormon, p. 6)

If, as a record, the Book of Mormon is the ultimate type and shadow for us in the last days, then why would it start with this story if we could never expect to experience something similar in the end-time? The exodus of the early Latter-day Saints across the plains to Salt Lake City cannot be the fulfillment of this type as the Babylonians were a foreign invading army that breached the walls of the promised land, pillaging, plundering, and taking many captive. The Saints were victims of political persecution within their own nation.

Concerning a future calling out, Heber C. Kimball prophesied: “When the time comes that the Lord says, “Arise, and to your tents, O Israel,” then men must be pure inside and out; they must be for God, or they will have no part in the blessings conferred upon the righteous.” (JD 9:151) In His latter-day commentary on the parable of the wheat and the tares, the Lord foretold that the tares would “choke the wheat and drive the church into the wilderness.” (D&C 86:3)

It is clear we have a pattern here where the Lord calls out the righteous from the wicked; and this pattern will continue to play out in the end-time, as Jesus himself prophesied. I close with Hugh Nibley’s commentary on that prophecy of Jesus’ we began with: “There is no point to foretelling woes from which there is no deliverance, and the Lord does not leave the people helpless but tells them specifically what they are to do. In the first place, [they] were to do what they had always done in such an emergency: they were to flee to the mountains.” (Hugh Nibley,
Mountains.

Metaphor.

Or not?

Sir H
Metaphor

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

marc wrote: November 25th, 2022, 12:07 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: November 25th, 2022, 11:14 am Does anyone understand what “a time like Noah” means?
Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

How does 38 and 39 happen through out the world? Technology, who gave us that technology at this time?

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Fred wrote: November 25th, 2022, 10:55 am
HVDC wrote: November 24th, 2022, 10:21 pm
dennis wrote: November 24th, 2022, 8:36 pm HVDC I have 5 children, all married and they have not chosen to come to costa rica yet..... there is a very excellent school just down the road. I have found most things are as good or better here. there is no army, they use money saved from no military spending for education. there is no repeat no snow, lots of food, really friendly people , many people are moving here from other countries.
I had previously looked into Costa Rica and Panama but my wife wouldn't consider it.

Kids and family ties.

Enjoy.

Sir H
I tried to reply to your PM. You have something disabled. I forget the exact error.
Try again.

I think I fixed the problem.

Sir H

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

marc wrote: November 25th, 2022, 9:05 am
Niemand wrote: November 25th, 2022, 7:36 amEurope even more so. Bang in the middle of the two power blocs.
Are you German/do you live in Germany? I served my mission there in the Munich mission area back in 1989-91. It was so surreal when the Wall fell and countless East Germans poured over into the West. I loved it there. I know that niemand means nobody.
Favorite piece on the wall
Attachments
stayfree.JPG
stayfree.JPG (30.45 KiB) Viewed 390 times

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

HVDC wrote: November 24th, 2022, 6:49 pm
dennis wrote: November 24th, 2022, 6:23 pm Then let them who are in Judea flee into the mountains; Let him who is on the housetop flee, and not return to take anything out of his house; Neither let him who is in the field return back to take his clothes; And wo unto them that are with child, and unto them that give suck in those days; Therefore, pray ye the Lord that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the Sabbath day.” (JST Matt 24:13-17)

Jesus clearly prophesied here of a latter-day exodus, a flight into the wilderness for safety and protection. One that we should note does not involve returning, this is a permanent departure. Jesus further notes that this withdrawal of the righteous will be, as it was in the days of Noah, “for until that day that Noah entered into the ark, they [the wicked] were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, and knew not until the flood came and took them all away.” Things will seem normal, business as usual to thew wicked, “then shall be fulfilled that which is written, that in the last days, two shall be in the field; the one shall be taken and the other left. Two shall be grinding at the mill; the one taken and the other left.” (JST Matt. 24:45-48)

Lots of offspring.

Get busy.

Sir H
I read, 'lots of offspring' and it seemed unusual because if I were young and married, I would likely be choosing to wait to have children at this time.

Then I read "get busy" and it gave me a chuckle.

in unrelated news:

I heard from two people in the last month that Warren Jeffs has given out the order for the young women to get hitched and immediately start having children. I don't know if it's relative, but a friend of mine, which is related to a company in Cedar City reported to me that the Jeffite girls that were working there all quit in a day . (I call them Jeffites). This new 'revelation'' is a reverse of what he has been counseling which is to refrain from having children. I have friends which are close to that 'world' so they pass on the weird stories to me.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Niemand wrote: November 25th, 2022, 7:36 am
marc wrote: November 24th, 2022, 7:42 pm
dennis wrote: November 24th, 2022, 7:31 pm Three years ago , I fled to Costa Rica, I am very Happy here!!!! It is my opinion the destruction will be worse in the US, Canada and Europe. and less in the nations of Latin America.... better early than a day too Late,
I tend to strongly agree. I believe the US will utterly be destroyed. And get this...I live in Northern Utah right up against the eastern perimeter of Hill Air Force Base! But alas, I know that where I currently live is where the Lord has led me...for now.
Europe even more so. Bang in the middle of the two power blocs.
Once upon a time I moved my family to Saipan because Guam held a primary election on March 8. That was when I felt deceived by an angel of light photograph. Weird deal is being named after Gary Francis Powers, I was to meet brother David Powers there. Seven years later I move to Alaska and there is another Powers in my small workgroup. My AK address number remains extraordinary. Now I have a PO Box on 38th street in zip code 73008 and The Spy FM is OU’s radio station.

Orange hath emerged as a flying color. 8-)

How many does that make? :lol:

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 26th, 2022, 6:08 am
dennis wrote: November 24th, 2022, 7:31 pm Three years ago , I fled to Costa Rica, I am very Happy here!!!! It is my opinion the destruction will be worse in the US, Canada and Europe. and less in the nations of Latin America.... better early than a day too Late,
I tend to strongly agree. I believe the US will utterly be destroyed. And get this...I live in Northern Utah right up against the eastern perimeter of Hill Air Force Base! But alas, I know that where I currently live is where the Lord has led me...for now.
Once upon a time I moved my family to Saipan because Guam held a primary election on March 8. That was when I felt deceived by an angel of light photograph. Weird deal is being named after Gary Francis Powers, I was to meet brother David Powers there. Seven years later I move to Alaska and there is another Powers in my small workgroup. My AK address number remains extraordinary. Now I have a PO Box on 38th street in zip code 73008 and The Spy FM is OU’s radio station.

Did you live in Saipan for the seven years?

Sir H

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

HVDC wrote: November 26th, 2022, 6:36 am

Sir H
Yup

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 26th, 2022, 7:54 am

Sir H
Yup
Cool.

I investigated taking a job in Guam more than once.

Didn't work out for various reasons.

Alaska is on my list too.

Family up there.

Hate flying these days though.

Sir H

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

marc wrote: November 25th, 2022, 12:07 pm

If the polar ice melts, all coastal areas would be flooded. Maybe that is why we are told to head to the mountains.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

The sun has a clock and what we call a solar cycle shows a little of the sun’s clock cycle. The mountains is where we will be protected from the events that will plague the earth. Isaiah and revelation hints at the destruction that the sun will cause.

I agree about the mountains being a place of relief for what is to come.
some have suggested that before the great burning, some will go inside the earth. Admiral Byrd - Hollow earth location.
Over some time, I became close to some navajos years ago. One of them told me of three sacred entrances to underground passageways that went on 'forever'. They are known as Si-Pa-Poos. He told me of the general location of each but I'm quite certain that looking for them would be fruitless.

There are many references to this possibility. One is in the book "vision quest" by Tom Brown Jr.
He tells of his grandfathers vision of the future. he was shown events that would happen until the end itself.
The last event is the red sky. He says that during the red sky, those that are close to God will have one year from the red sky event to flee to the wilderness for safety and the earth will take them in. After the 1 yr period, the doors will be closed . It's enigmatic.

A very long time ago, I was shown the conflagration to come and it is beyond belief. The earth burning. Since that experience, I realized that no one on the surface of the earth will survive. I surmise this is the reason for the underground cities and bunkers that have been built in many places on earth. They know. I would guess that those types of people will simply get squished.

The D&C clearly says that the saints will be caught up in the clouds yet this topic is never discussed. The rapture doesn't exist in lds doctrine.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Mountains represent high ground. This has more than one implication.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

:geek:
FrankOne wrote: November 26th, 2022, 7:50 pm

I agree about the mountains being a place of relief for what is to come.
some have suggested that before the great burning, some will go inside the earth. Admiral Byrd - Hollow earth location.
Over some time, I became close to some navajos years ago. One of them told me of three sacred entrances to underground passageways that went on 'forever'. They are known as Si-Pa-Poos. He told me of the general location of each but I'm quite certain that looking for them would be fruitless.

There are many references to this possibility. One is in the book "vision quest" by Tom Brown Jr.
He tells of his grandfathers vision of the future. he was shown events that would happen until the end itself.
The last event is the red sky. He says that during the red sky, those that are close to God will have one year from the red sky event to flee to the wilderness for safety and the earth will take them in. After the 1 yr period, the doors will be closed . It's enigmatic.

A very long time ago, I was shown the conflagration to come and it is beyond belief. The earth burning. Since that experience, I realized that no one on the surface of the earth will survive. I surmise this is the reason for the underground cities and bunkers that have been built in many places on earth. They know. I would guess that those types of people will simply get squished.

The D&C clearly says that the saints will be caught up in the clouds yet this topic is never discussed. The rapture doesn't exist in lds doctrine.
The natives across the world have survival stories and since we can’t fit them into our creation and single flood timeline we mock them and arrogantly tell them they are wrong. Since we judged them so harshly with that we justify saying nothing they say has any relevance. It’s a shame really.

I have heard the cloud reference before and decided to do a quick search. In D&C there are 6 mentioned of cloud/clouds and 4 of them is the lord coming in a cloud. 78:21 sounds like when we die and not a rapture. 109:75 is a part of a pray and not “thus saith the lord”. I thought I remembered something like you did, when I read it it sounded like a rapture event. Who knows lol

The theory of the earth burning is about the sun having a micronova every 12k years. The puget sound was formed 11-13000 years ago and Manhattan was formed 22-24000 years ago. Both from an ice cap of roughly 3000’ of ice. Meaning we are due to go back to a glacial state and reset our magnetic field.

24,000 years ago the ocean was 350-400 feet lower and the water was on top of the poles in the form of ice. We know this ice cap came down to cover Manhattan. No one says what would create the energy to evaporate the ocean in main stream science. They try to teach “it got cold” but we know that the biggest and driest desert in the world is Antarctica because it’s too cold for weather.

They will also say the ice didn’t truly melt between 24,000 year old event and the 12,000 year event. To make the amount of ice you would need to form Manhattan and Puget sound it would have to be an extreme event and not a causal shifting.

Needless to say, the east coast is up again for serious calamity. Time frame, 2046-2052

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

HVDC wrote: November 26th, 2022, 8:19 am
BeNotDeceived wrote: November 26th, 2022, 7:54 am

Sir H
Yup
Cool.

I investigated taking a job in Guam more than once.

Didn't work out for various reasons.

Alaska is on my list too.

Family up there.

Hate flying these days though.

Sir H
Saipan is how I learned of OTEC from a wired article about a guy that a chandelier fell on in a Hawaii hotel.

Seems OPEC and company coddles the few, while most live a menial existence.

Our debt continues to spiral, while most remain clueless.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

marc wrote: November 26th, 2022, 7:59 pm Mountains represent high ground. This has more than one implication.
Yes, but mostly I would say that they are meant to represent sacred space.

There are many more calamities to come than just solar flares, flooding, earthquakes, volcanoes, nukes, etc

The ultimate mountain is Zion, a most sacred and high goal is translation, receiving the fullness.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

ransomme wrote: November 27th, 2022, 1:30 am
marc wrote: November 26th, 2022, 7:59 pm Mountains represent high ground. This has more than one implication.
Yes, but mostly I would say that they are meant to represent sacred space.

There are many more calamities to come than just solar flares, flooding, earthquakes, volcanoes, nukes, etc

The ultimate mountain is Zion, a most sacred and high goal is translation, receiving the fullness.
The most common catastrophe is imperfect copying of our cells.

dennis
captain of 1,000

Post by dennis »

We are ripe for destruction... NOW ! we are past the point of no return. the trump has fallen on the house of the lord. the cry to flee has gone out. The destruction has begun.

“The songs of the temple shall be howlings
in that day, saith the Lord God: there shall be many dead bodies in every place; they shall cast
them forth with silence” (Amos 8:3). Died Suddenly Died Unexpectedly Honestly How can it be said more clearly? Awake to the sense of your awful situation.