THAT's LIFE...

Discuss political news items / current events.
Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

THAT's LIFE...

Post by Elizabeth »

Elaine Green:
" Do not stop moving - it’s important to maintain mobility! Whatever you do, just keep walking, it’s so essential for your cardiovascular system and bone health and at the same time, not too strenuous on your joints. No need to win marathons, rather just get up and move. You don’t want to be frail and have to do a hip replacement at the age of 90. I learned in nursing school that once an older adult falls, their mortality rate increases by at least 20% because they stop walking, as they are afraid to fall again thereby they begin to lose muscle, bone mass, circulation, etc. creating a vicious cycle of weakening their physical health. Walking, gardening, swimming, tai chi, line dancing, there are many low-impact activities to do that can enrich your physical health. Take care not to do anything too daring that may break your bones (ie. skateboarding, skiing, horseback riding). If you take away anything from this, I cannot stress enough that mobility is the key!
• Do not stop learning - if you don’t use it, you lose it, which is exactly what happens to your brain. You need to keep making new neural connections and sharpen your brain’s ability, aka neuroplasticity. Always try to learn something new every day and if possible, take classes. You can learn a new instrument online! You can audit university courses! You can take up a new hobby like photography or woodwork, and learn how on YouTube. At the same time, learning gives you a sense of purpose and fulfillment.
• Do not stop caring about your health. You have many more years to live, how do you want to feel each day? You need good health to feel good. There are many things to do in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Eat fresh, unprocessed food for maximum nutrient intake, limit sugar and seed oils, limit processed foods, take care of your gut microbiome with fermented foods. Lift weights to maintain your muscle and bone mass (we lose 10% muscle mass per decade). protect your skin. I suppose these tips on health could apply to any age, but perhaps even more so for older adults as the body isn’t functioning as it used to when it was a teenager. I myself follow these rules, I limit sugar, processed foods, limit seed oils, and do my best to eat fresh, unprocessed food. I make my own yogurt and berry jam, I always eat a cup of raspberries as a snack for antioxidants and fibre. I recommend going to the doctor and getting tested for any issues, and ask how you can proactively improve your health. For example, if you have urinary retention, if you are a male, do you need to check your prostate? If you are a female, do you need to take more D-mannose to decrease UTI symptoms? How is your weight? Many diseases are exacerbated by higher BMIs. It’s also at this age where your health shows your lifestyle habits from your younger years, as well as any genetic predisposition to certain diseases.
Here’s to living well at any age :)"

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

THAT's LIFE...

Post by Elizabeth »

Jashon
captain of 100

Re: THAT's LIFE...

Post by Jashon »

Elizabeth wrote: September 14th, 2022, 2:01 am Eat fresh, unprocessed food for maximum nutrient intake, limit sugar and seed oils, limit processed foods, take care of your gut microbiome with fermented foods. Lift weights to maintain your muscle and bone mass (we lose 10% muscle mass per decade). protect your skin. I suppose these tips on health could apply to any age, but perhaps even more so for older adults as the body isn’t functioning as it used to when it was a teenager. I myself follow these rules, I limit sugar, processed foods, limit seed oils, and do my best to eat fresh, unprocessed food. I make my own yogurt and berry jam, I always eat a cup of raspberries as a snack for antioxidants and fibre. I recommend going to the doctor and getting tested for any issues, and ask how you can proactively improve your health.
Good advice here. Some further thoughts on the above:

Most doctors, if well-meaning, give useless advice about cholesterol. For instance, my wife has high LDL, but v. high HDL and v. low trigs. Still, her doctor recommends a statin, and this despite my wife's coronary artery calcium scan coming back as nearly perfect, mostly zero readings.

The way to maximize nutrient absorption is to increase meat consumption and decrease plant consumption. Plants block nutrient absorption, to varying degrees. They also have many defense chemicals that our body has to cope with.

Fibre isn't needed if you're eating high fat, low carb, the opposite of what is routinely recommended. LCHF eating is much healthier even though we've been told for decades that it isn't. This is another case of being recommended to eat in a way that degrades our physical and mental health, and makes us more dependent on the corrupt medical/pharma system.

Right about seed oils. If we reduced seed oil consumption to zero, many chronic diseases and cancers would disappear. If you stop ingesting seed oil entirely, you will notice almost immediately that your skin is less sensitive to sun exposure and that your eyes are less sensitive to sunlight. It's a very nice and simple tweak, which is extremely healthy for us. But you can't have any store-bought bread made with canola or soybean oil, because those are deleterious seed oils.

ori
captain of 1,000

Re: THAT's LIFE...

Post by ori »

Elizabeth wrote: February 9th, 2021, 2:36 pm Image
What does this mean? I can’t figure it out.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

THAT's LIFE...

Post by Elizabeth »

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

THAT's LIFE...

Post by Elizabeth »

DNA POINTS TO ELITES LIVING ON ARTIFICIAL ISLANDS CALLED CRANNOGS.

RESEARCHERS HAVE RECOVERED DNA FROM THE SEDIMENTS SURROUNDING CRANNOGS, ANCIENT ARTIFICIAL ISLANDS.

Crannogs were built and occupied from the Neolithic, 4000-2200 BC, through to the 16th century AD. They are typically described as a partially or entirely artificial island, usually constructed in lakes and estuarine waters. Hundreds have been found across Scotland, Ireland, and Northern Ireland; however, the aquatic location of crannogs makes them difficult for archaeologists to excavate.

Professor Antony Brown from UiT Arctic University of Norway, and an interdisciplinary team from across the UK took samples from lake sediments at crannog sites. The team found ancient DNA known as ‘sedaDNA’, along with environmental and biochemical data, suggesting that the structures were once used by elites according to a paper published in the journal Antiquity.

DNA points to elites living on artificial islands called crannogs - HeritageDaily - Archaeology News

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

THAT's LIFE...

Post by Elizabeth »

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

THAT's LIFE...

Post by Elizabeth »

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

THAT's LIFE...

Post by Elizabeth »