Not long after his baptism in 1830, Parley P. Pratt experienced a remarkable vision(future Temple elements).

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Not long after his baptism in 1830, Parley P. Pratt experienced a remarkable vision(future Temple elements).

Post by kirtland r.m. »

Ponder this.Here is a sample of what happened shortly after the baptism of Parley P. Pratt. Sacred elements that would soon be incorporated into sacred places.

“I cast my eyes upward to inquire from whence the light came, when I perceived a long chain of light extended in the heavens, very bright, and of a deep fiery red. It at first stood stationary in a horizontal position; at length bending in the center, the two ends approached each other with a rapid movement, so as to form an exact square. In this position it again remained stationary for some time, perhaps a minute, and then again the ends approached each other with the same rapidity, and again ceased to move, remaining stationary, for perhaps a minute, in the form of a compass; it then commenced a third movement in the same manner, and closed like the closing of a compass, the whole forming a straight line like a chain doubled. It again remained stationary for a minute, and then faded away.

“I fell upon my knees in the street, and thanked the Lord for so marvelous a sign of the coming of the Son of Man. Some persons may smile at this, and say that all these exact movements were by chance; but, for my part, I could as soon believe that the letters of the alphabet would be formed by chance, and be placed so as to spell my name, as to believe that these signs (known only to the wise) could be formed and shown forth by chance. Renewed in spirit and filled with joy I now pursued my way, and arrived at my aunt Van Cott’s, not weary, but refreshed with a long walk, and deep communion with myself and God. 1https://josephsmithfoundation.org/compass-and-square/

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Parley P. Pratt experienced a remarkable vision

Post by BeNotDeceived »

kirtland r.m. wrote: November 25th, 2022, 5:48 pm
Ponder this … I could as soon believe that the letters of the alphabet would be formed by chance, and be placed so as to spell my name, as to believe that these signs (known only to the wise) could be formed and shown forth by chance …
Letters of the Alphabet spelling a name.
Spoiler
By Chance: Check website in me profile.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Not long after his baptism in 1830, Parley P. Pratt experienced a remarkable vision(future Temple elements).

Post by kirtland r.m. »

Of some further interest.

Among the textile fragments excavated at Masada were the remains of pieces of fabric with L-shaped cloth markings affixed to them. Dating to before A.D. 73, these are among the very earliest known examples of such marked garments. . . . Because these markings seem to appear artistically in conjunction with some hope for life or glory after death, their presence on the clothing found at Masada may reflect something about the religious hopes and convictions of the Jewish fighters who died there.BYU Studies (1996-7), 251-8, John W. Welch and Claire Foley

The compass and square symbols have been discovered at the famous Jewish fortress Masada, at the Bar-Kokhba excavations, in an embankment at Dura-Europos, on a Jewish ossuary from Mt. Scopus and at the Agios Eleftherios Church in Athens, Greece. These sacred emblems have even been identified in the ancient civilization of Egypt on coffins, mummy cases, art and wall paintings. Other discoveries include Jewish tomb reliefs, sarcophagus lids from Palmyra, Syria, and numerous mosaics found in Rome, Ravenna, and Naples.https://josephsmithfoundation.org/compass-and-square/

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Parley P. Pratt experienced a remarkable vision

Post by kirtland r.m. »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 25th, 2022, 6:20 pm
kirtland r.m. wrote: November 25th, 2022, 5:48 pm
Ponder this … I could as soon believe that the letters of the alphabet would be formed by chance, and be placed so as to spell my name, as to believe that these signs (known only to the wise) could be formed and shown forth by chance …
Spoiler
… I could as soon believe that the letters of the alphabet would be formed by chance, and be placed so as to spell my name, as to believe that these signs (known only to the wise) could be formed and shown forth by chance …

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Parley P. Pratt experienced a remarkable vision

Post by BeNotDeceived »

kirtland r.m. wrote: November 25th, 2022, 10:34 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: November 25th, 2022, 6:20 pm
Spoiler
… I could as soon believe that the letters of the alphabet would be formed by chance, and be placed so as to spell my name, as to believe that these signs (known only to the wise) could be formed and shown forth by chance …

Perhaps PPP partook of a pattern previous to me picture shown above.

A second similar pattern for 3/18/2020 may be seen via me previous post. 8-)

Perhaps people will at long last engage in conversation about the probability of Thee Name forming at amazing times as those depicted.

Perhaps someone could Photoshop a picture, but how does one Photoshop an earthquake with a magnitude that may be said to be emblematic of the Davidic Servant?