Marijuana is not against the WOW

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Marijuana is not against the WOW

Post by Niemand »

logonbump wrote: November 21st, 2022, 4:21 am
Wondering Wendy wrote: November 20th, 2022, 9:19 pm I don't know if this is true, but I have heard it said in conspiracy theory circles that marijuana helps break MKUltra mind control. Has anybody else heard this or know if it's true?
Cathy O'Brien testified to this rule that when she was being trafficked, working as a high level prostitute and courier and under complete control thru MK Ultra handlers, she was allowed any drug except cannabis for this very reason.

It is also my experience, tho I have distanced myself from the drug, that previously implanted programming falls away when medicated.
LSD seems to have been pioneered as a means of brainwashing especially for interrogation purposes.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

cab wrote: November 21st, 2022, 4:25 am
MikeMaillet wrote: November 18th, 2022, 8:53 am Hi dosages of THC often lead to rather unpleasant experiences and all entheogens should be used by adults only. People who have had bad experiences with THC usually never repeat their experiments with high dosages. This is the voice of experience speaking. THC is not lethal nor is it harmful physically; eating too many Big Macs will kill you eventually but not cannabis.

The argument that cannabis is harmful just brings about a discussion of what-aboutism and leads nowhere. People are not dying of cannabis use just like people are not dying of covid. I'm 65 years old and began using cannabis at the age of about 50. I have not had any psychotic episodes nor have the dozens of people who I know use cannabis.

Cannabis has been legal in Canada for a few years now and the sky has yet to fall. I have yet to read a single story of any Canadian dying because of cannabis use. The cannabis dispensaries are staffed with knowledgeable people who will steer new users in the right direction.

Like I said before, it's a plant, period. If it makes you feel unpleasant, then don't use it.

Mike

Have you found it to be a successful tool in seeking the Lord? Has it allowed the scriptures to be opened up to you in any way?
What I want to know is if Mike has a full set of "natty dreads".... sorry Mike. 😃

The two pics below show two very different interpretations of cannabis use vis à vis scripture. One condemns it as pharmakeia and the other mentions it in the context of herbs of the field.
Attachments
spiritual-ritual-l.jpg
spiritual-ritual-l.jpg (178.05 KiB) Viewed 224 times

MikeMaillet
captain of 100

Post by MikeMaillet »

MikeMaillet wrote: November 18th, 2022, 8:53 am Hi dosages of THC often lead to rather unpleasant experiences and all entheogens should be used by adults only. People who have had bad experiences with THC usually never repeat their experiments with high dosages. This is the voice of experience speaking. THC is not lethal nor is it harmful physically; eating too many Big Macs will kill you eventually but not cannabis.

The argument that cannabis is harmful just brings about a discussion of what-aboutism and leads nowhere. People are not dying of cannabis use just like people are not dying of covid. I'm 65 years old and began using cannabis at the age of about 50. I have not had any psychotic episodes nor have the dozens of people who I know use cannabis.

Cannabis has been legal in Canada for a few years now and the sky has yet to fall. I have yet to read a single story of any Canadian dying because of cannabis use. The cannabis dispensaries are staffed with knowledgeable people who will steer new users in the right direction.

Like I said before, it's a plant, period. If it makes you feel unpleasant, then don't use it.

Mike

Have you found it to be a successful tool in seeking the Lord? Has it allowed the scriptures to be opened up to you in any way?
I have never used cannabis as a tool to get closer to the Lord; only righteousness can do that. I started using the plant years ago as a way to avoid anti-depressants and have kept using it because of the tempering nature it has on my easily excitable character. Using cannabis makes me nicer and quieter and more in the mood to study and ponder eternal things. Another positive effect is that I rely less on what I think I already know and this makes it more easy to recognize connections in the scriptures as well as to consider other interpretations.

Mike

MikeMaillet
captain of 100

Post by MikeMaillet »

Niemand wrote: November 21st, 2022, 4:34 am

Mike

What I want to know is if Mike has a full set of "natty dreads".... sorry Mike. 😃

The two pics below show two very different interpretations of cannabis use vis à vis scripture. One condemns it as pharmakeia and the other mentions it in the context of herbs of the field.
No dreads for me but at the age of 65 I still have most of my hair and it is still mostly black :-)

People who use drugs/plants to get closer to God will be sorely disappointed. Was it not Eve who got into trouble for eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge and was it not because the Serpent had promised her that this was the way to Godhood?

I remember reading about Rastafarianism years ago and had forgotten most of what I had read except that I remembered about Halle Sallasie. I'm not a subscriber to Rasta doctrine but do enjoy Jamaican music quite a bit, especially a style called Rocksteady. Here are a few samples - below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNxNwvjzGM0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cntvEDbagAw

I find it interesting that Jamaican music is so uplifting despite the difficult conditions with which most Jamaicans have had to face. Contrast this with today's RAP music where the music is mostly angry and filled with coarse expletives.

Mike

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

MikeMaillet wrote: November 21st, 2022, 5:36 am

Mike

I have never used cannabis as a tool to get closer to the Lord; only righteousness can do that. I started using the plant years ago as a way to avoid anti-depressants and have kept using it because of the tempering nature it has on my easily excitable character. Using cannabis makes me nicer and quieter and more in the mood to study and ponder eternal things. Another positive effect is that I rely less on what I think I already know and this makes it more easy to recognize connections in the scriptures as well as to consider other interpretations.

Mike

I’d say that humility gets us closer to the Lord more than anything. Often a perceived righteousness drives a wedge between us and the Lord.
I know someone who claims to have used THC/cbc to help eliminate the noise and approach the Lord in a more humble state of single mindedness and has had fascinating results.
To each their own I guess.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

MikeMaillet wrote: November 21st, 2022, 5:36 am

Mike

I have never used cannabis as a tool to get closer to the Lord; only righteousness can do that.

Mike
I would like to offer a suggestion on that topic.

Meditation is the greatest tool to get closer to the Lord. Being righteous prepares the way , but these are the scriptures that changed my life.

61 Therefore it is given to abide in you; the record of heaven; the Comforter; the peaceable things of immortal glory; the truth of all things; that which quickeneth all things, which maketh alive all things; that which knoweth all things, and hath all power according to wisdom, mercy, truth, justice, and judgment.

62 And now, behold, I say unto you: This is the plan of salvation unto all men, through the blood of mine Only Begotten, who shall come in the meridian of time.

==================

The teaching against meditation is a very modern one and is a false tradition.
It's all inside us and it is never truly found without going within.
"You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."
In different words : You shall know the truth because it sets you free. If it isn't the truth, it won't set you free.
Righteousness is necessary but it is outward. Going inward finishes the work.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

I don't believe that there is any evidence that marijuana is addictive. It is a proven fact that both CBD and THC have vast medicinal qualities. There are many good things that a person can have too much of.

Smoking marijuana is bad for the lungs. Getting high to escape reality is against common sense. If a Bishop told me marijuana was against the WoW, I would call him a liar. Simple fact. I know people that take CBD every day. You don't get high. The hemp plant has up to three tenths of a percent THC and is totally legal in all 50 states.

There are FAR too many health benefits to say that marijuana is any more harmful than vitamin C. Just depends on what your motivation is.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

MikeMaillet wrote: November 21st, 2022, 6:00 am
Niemand wrote: November 21st, 2022, 4:34 am

Mike

No dreads for me but at the age of 65 I still have most of my hair and it is still mostly black :-)

People who use drugs/plants to get closer to God will be sorely disappointed. Was it not Eve who got into trouble for eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge and was it not because the Serpent had promised her that this was the way to Godhood?

I remember reading about Rastafarianism years ago and had forgotten most of what I had read except that I remembered about Halle Sallasie. I'm not a subscriber to Rasta doctrine but do enjoy Jamaican music quite a bit, especially a style called Rocksteady. Here are a few samples - below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNxNwvjzGM0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cntvEDbagAw

I find it interesting that Jamaican music is so uplifting despite the difficult conditions with which most Jamaicans have had to face. Contrast this with today's RAP music where the music is mostly angry and filled with coarse expletives.

Mike
There has been a definite deterioration in mainstream black music for the last thirty or forty years. The old reggae/ska/rocksteady of the 60s and early 70s often had a genuine spirituality or at least humour which is lacking today. (Modern reggae tends to be awful.)

I'm not really a fan of cannabis, but I do appreciate it's probably less bad for you than a lot of pharmaceutical products which probably end up destroying your liver etc.

logonbump
captain of 100

Post by logonbump »

Fred wrote: November 21st, 2022, 10:36 pm I don't believe that there is any evidence that marijuana is addictive.
Evidence? None will be found, my friend. However, testimony? Here is a group of recovering, suffering cannabis addicts supporting one another online:
https://www.reddit.com/r/leaves
Not brave enough for Reddit and NSFW labels? See here: