When Does One Opt Out?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
harakim
captain of 1,000

When Does One Opt Out?

Post by harakim »

Most of the people on this forum talk about how deeply corrupt society is. I already know that based on just the people I've talked to in my occupation. How far do things have to go before you opt out of the corrupt society? Will it ever change if you don't? Honestly, what would it take for you to just walk away and say I'm done?

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: When Does One Opt Out?

Post by Cruiserdude »

harakim wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 12:58 pm Most of the people on this forum talk about how deeply corrupt society is. I already know that based on just the people I've talked to in my occupation. How far do things have to go before you opt out of the corrupt society? Will it ever change if you don't? Honestly, what would it take for you to just walk away and say I'm done?
What would 'just walking away and saying I'm done' entail, in your opinion?

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

harakim wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 12:58 pm Most of the people on this forum talk about how deeply corrupt society is. I already know that based on just the people I've talked to in my occupation. How far do things have to go before you opt out of the corrupt society? Will it ever change if you don't? Honestly, what would it take for you to just walk away and say I'm done?
We moved out to a semi-rural county with 85% Republicans. My husband works from home. We can go days with no real-life interaction with libtards or progmos. I would say we have almost opted out. If the SHTF we have some acreage even farther out, and at that point he would no longer have a job, so we would join the 1000 other people in a county of 700 sq miles, hours away from a metropolitan area.

That’s our opt-out plan. If we don’t make it to our bugout place, it’s all ready for someone else to use.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

I go to the store, because I can, but I don't have to. I have half a dozen extra eggs a day I don't know what to do with, but if TSHTF I suppose I could find a buyer. I'm far enough off the road that no one will ever find me by accident. I have my own electricity. I have enough new solar panels in stock to run electric heaters if I wanted to. The deer will move in once we get a good snow. I don't eat them as I am not hungry, but if I was, I would. I make a little money online so as long as it continues, I will keep feeding it.

I won't completely opt out until there is nothing to opt out of. As long as stores are open, I will buy what I need.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Sorry there is no "opt out " option, we all get to stay on this ride until it ends.

I recall reading a story of a Roman convicted of crimes against Ceaser or Rome. For punishment he was not executed, nor was he imprisoned. They took away his papers, they might have marked him, and they turned him loose saying "Your prison is Rome, for everywhere you could go Rome is there.".

And he was a prisoner, without his papers he had no access to any of his former possessions, he could not work at anything meaningful, acquire property, or travel. He could not vote, hold public office, he was not eligible for the preferred status under the law that Roman Citizens had. He was a prisoner in a prison without walls. Are you any different?

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

tribrac wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 2:42 pm Sorry there is no "opt out " option, we all get to stay on this ride until it ends.

I recall reading a story of a Roman convicted of crimes against Ceaser or Rome. For punishment he was not executed, nor was he imprisoned. They took away his papers, they might have marked him, and they turned him loose saying "Your prison is Rome, for everywhere you could go Rome is there.".

And he was a prisoner, without his papers he had no access to any of his former possessions, he could not work at anything meaningful, acquire property, or travel. He could not vote, hold public office, he was not eligible for the preferred status under the law that Roman Citizens had. He was a prisoner in a prison without walls. Are you any different?
Yup.

I mean, nope.

Yup, you're right.

Nope, I'm not any different.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

I've always tended to walk the 'hermit path'. I've worked toward walking away into the netherlands of the high Rocky mtns many times. but...God has always headed me off at critical points . He keeps me in the what I call, 'the game'.

my children are all raised now, and i guess I could step out, but that would leave them without a father/mother and we are a close family. A family of friends. I raised them with the idea that what people call friends will come and go but family is something you never alienate. Do whatever it takes to stay close because they will be the only ones that never let you down.

So... we stay and ride it out. but... living rural makes life enjoyable. We left the city many years ago and never looked back. I have no idea how people stay in medium to large cities today. They are cess pools of insanity. Like ants climbing over each other. Driving through LA or SLC is like visiting a swarming ant pile within a zoo. The tension in cities is incredilble and the majority of the people living there have no idea that they, themselves, are strung like a banjo.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

FrankOne wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 3:05 pm
I've always tended to walk the 'hermit path'. I've worked toward walking away into the netherlands of the high Rocky mtns many times. but...God has always headed me off at critical points . He keeps me in the what I call, 'the game'.

my children are all raised now, and i guess I could step out, but that would leave them without a father/mother and we are a close family. A family of friends. I raised them with the idea that what people call friends will come and go but family is something you never alienate. Do whatever it takes to stay close because they will be the only ones that never let you down.

So... we stay and ride it out. but... living rural makes life enjoyable. We left the city many years ago and never looked back. I have no idea how people stay in medium to large cities today. They are cess pools of insanity. Like ants climbing over each other. Driving through LA or SLC is like visiting a swarming ant pile within a zoo. The tension in cities is incredilble and the majority of the people living there have no idea that they, themselves, are strung like a banjo.
Small town/country/rural living is FAR better for me as well. I understand not all view things that way.....but I sure do. Just a year ago, I temporarily lived in a rural tiny town, in south east corner of Kansas right next to Oklahoma, and it was HEAVEN

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

My biggest obstacle is lack of financial independence. I simply lack the means to walk away from this society as much as I would love to do it. I'm afraid I will have to wait for some measure of collapse that eliminates much of the corrupt financial system and the end of our capitalist economy. If my family can survive the initial collapse, I am confident I can "rebuild" a life from the ruins. As in, I cannot afford to purchase sufficient land to build and farm sustainably. If we survive the collapse (assuming a high percentage do not) I can stake a claim and defend it independently. Currently my only other option would be to squat on a large tract of state or federal land and play hide and seek with the authorities.

In the near term, prior to the collapse, we are sufficiently prepared to bug in, along with good neighbors, in our rural area.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

In 5-7 years.

RTStone
captain of 10

Post by RTStone »

Fred wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 1:28 pm I go to the store, because I can, but I don't have to. I have half a dozen extra eggs a day I don't know what to do with, but if TSHTF I suppose I could find a buyer. I'm far enough off the road that no one will ever find me by accident. I have my own electricity. I have enough new solar panels in stock to run electric heaters if I wanted to. The deer will move in once we get a good snow. I don't eat them as I am not hungry, but if I was, I would. I make a little money online so as long as it continues, I will keep feeding it.

I won't completely opt out until there is nothing to opt out of. As long as stores are open, I will buy what I need.
Hey Fred, I always enjoy all of your posts. We are so much on the same page we must be kindred spirits. We moved to the free state of Florida living at nearly the end of the road in the Ocala National Forest on 3+ acres. We bought ducks this year for eggs. We gave away 3 dozen eggs to a needy family this week. I just harvested 2 watermelons this week. My winter crop of tomatoes are almost ready to harvest with over 50 plants. We grow bananas, avocados, a variety of citrus and things you have never heard of. I'm working on being independent from electricity. We have an abundance of wildlife visit our homestead, including ducks, cranes, gators, deer, turkeys, bobcats, doves, egrets, vultures, squirrels, and otters. We even have a fish pond. Duck hunting can be done near my pond. One day we had 6 cranes and 55 wild ducks in our back yard at the same time.

I am retired from the RR and my wife works from home. I don't know how you totally opt out. We still shop in town.
Attachments
Backyard Birds 2020.jpeg
Backyard Birds 2020.jpeg (303.03 KiB) Viewed 1722 times

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

Cruiserdude wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 3:16 pm
Small town/country/rural living is FAR better for me as well. I understand not all view things that way.....but I sure do. Just a year ago, I temporarily lived in a rural tiny town, in south east corner of Kansas right next to Oklahoma, and it was HEAVEN
Pleasanton KS perhaps?

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

just need this thing finished:

....oh, and a gas station job if things go south at my current job.

But really, you can only opt out if you are independent of the system - no debt, good health, provide your own food/water/clothes/shelter.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

RTStone wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 6:59 pm
Fred wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 1:28 pm I go to the store, because I can, but I don't have to. I have half a dozen extra eggs a day I don't know what to do with, but if TSHTF I suppose I could find a buyer. I'm far enough off the road that no one will ever find me by accident. I have my own electricity. I have enough new solar panels in stock to run electric heaters if I wanted to. The deer will move in once we get a good snow. I don't eat them as I am not hungry, but if I was, I would. I make a little money online so as long as it continues, I will keep feeding it.

Hey Fred, I always enjoy all of your posts. We are so much on the same page we must be kindred spirits. We moved to the free state of Florida living at nearly the end of the road in the Ocala National Forest on 3+ acres. We bought ducks this year for eggs. We gave away 3 dozen eggs to a needy family this week. I just harvested 2 watermelons this week. My winter crop of tomatoes are almost ready to harvest with over 50 plants. We grow bananas, avocados, a variety of citrus and things you have never heard of. I'm working on being independent from electricity. We have an abundance of wildlife visit our homestead, including ducks, cranes, gators, deer, turkeys, bobcats, doves, egrets, vultures, squirrels, and otters. We even have a fish pond. Duck hunting can be done near my pond. One day we had 6 cranes and 55 wild ducks in our back yard at the same time.

I am retired from the RR and my wife works from home. I don't know how you totally opt out. We still shop in town.
You have a lot better climate than me. You might look into solar panels. If you buy a pallet, you save 70%. Or in other words you pay 30 cents for a dollar at retail price. So you can sell half for double what you paid, and your half is free. Solar panels are easy to sell. About as easy as drugs in the summer time. Course it's always summer where you are. You can make an extra $50 grand a year, just on solar panels. You don't even have to hook them up. People come get them.

Then there is the added advantage of having your own free electricity.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

...and honestly - don't forget - the control over the world that "the god of this world" (Satan) has is only an illusion - he has no real power over it. It's God that makes the plants grow and the animals multiply and the trees that are good for lumber and buildings. And God made man "Lord over the whole earth", not Satan. We should start acting like it. You should read the essay by Hugh Nibley "Work we must, but the lunch is free." Says it much better than me, although quite a bit more long-winded: https://archive.interpreterfoundation.o ... s-Free.pdf

but anyway....

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Quite the convincing illusion....

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

I’ve decided I’d like a working retirement running a truck farm, producing enough of each crop for 100 families.

A truck farm has a wide variety of crops, the idea is to raise and harvest a “trucks worth” of harvest for each vegetable/fruit. (The truck in those days was a two ton flatbed, with stake sides).

Anyway, gotta hold for the moment, as home prices are cratering, with higher mortgage rates.

Home equity was gonna fund the purchase of twenty acre farm.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I wish I could. Creeps like Harari want to stop any chance of that happening. ☹

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Nw Missouri is nice and rural, all the way over to nauvoo. Housing and land is inexpensive. Try it soon... free speech Ok.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

As I said in another post, the pattern is clear:

God calls some to stay, and God calls some to opt out.

If you’re smart, you’ll do what He says.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

I cannot fully "opt out" due to my husband's dependence on medication. So we have chosen to be less dependent on every other aspect. Freeing us up to serve as needed.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

endlessismyname wrote: November 24th, 2022, 8:29 pm As I said in another post, the pattern is clear:

God calls some to stay, and God calls some to opt out.

If you’re smart, you’ll do what He says.
I planned and saved to move from Texas to a remote location closer to family. I was prompted to move from the city, but stay in a general area. Not opting out, instead following the spiritual relocation program. ;)

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Disabled single moms with special needs children and zero family or support already, don't get to opt out. I stay off the radar as much as I possibly can and I don't do anything the way everybody else does. I've homeschooled my son with autism and down syndrome since age 5, he's now almost 17 and smarter than almost every adult I know. I manage all his health and dental and mental health care and private hire if I need somebody, he's never even had a cavity and doesn't get sick. He's the coolest kid in the room no matter where he goes and makes sure absolutely everybody feels loved and included. He's got an incredibly witty sense of humor and is highly intelligent about things most people don't ever learn about. He's incredibly talented and outgoing and has his own YouTube channel and makes a lot of its own videos and everything he does on his tick tock channel. (Yes I'm aware China is tracking us, they are here on the forum too.) I'm also his caregiver 24/7 and manage every other aspect of his existence every day. (My life is sustained in there somewhere between all that too.)

But we still depend on TPTB to manufacture the air we breathe and the medicines we have to use and I'm not in a position to grow food for my family or be self-reliant. We're not in a position to even do our laundry by ourselves. As self-reliant as I am under extreme circumstances, I've learned how much I actually rely on this world to exist. Most people don't actually have the choices they think they do, and when you become disabled or have special needs you become even more aware of the things we take for granted everyday that we actually rely on this world for.

I think there's a lot of things that people aren't even realizing that are provided for us in this world like I jested about the air - only that's not a jest - they actually do that just like they manufacture the rain and earthquakes.. We can't actually opt out the ways that we wish we could. I know a lot about procuring water from nothing in the middle of the desert and foraging food and medicinal plants setting traps and building weapons and building shelters... I could teach some classes here. But there's no way I could actually live/survive that way with my son with the struggles we have, not even for an afternoon. And I would wager the most hardcore survivalist here is not considering SOMETHING that they provide for us in this world or that they control and the so called natural resources they manufacture for us.

My old landlord and his friends drove out to the middle of the desert and I mean the middle of nowhere. He showed me on the map and they must have taken gas cans out there... He said they were just playing around in the desert shooting guns and drinking beer. He got a call from the BLM next day and was told he needed to come into their office cuz he was in trouble. They told him they know he was playing around out there and he wasn't supposed to be.. who knows why some gov thing I'm sure. He tried to lie and they pulled up satellite images and zoomed in on his truck and his dog their faces.

So my point is there's nowhere to go and we rely on too much that we don't even realize we rely on every day. Even if we go out into the wilderness they know we're there and they control that area too - and that includes airspace and below ground. They have mapped every single inch of the world, and every one of us in it. Even if you're one of the smart polygamists who didn't register your kid with the state and give the Vatican the heel prick blood sample, they still know.

I believe we have less ability to completely opt out than we think, and they control more than people largely realize and they know more about us than people even know about themselves. They've planned it that way. Even if you own land you think you own but you don't own the way you think or hope you do. They still own and control it and we'll take it if they decide they want it or you shouldn't have it.

So I would love to fantasize about opting out if that were an actual choice, but I don't believe it actually is. Frankly I'm scared already everyday because my son and I don't have enough resources and I already know we wouldn't survive if we had to go through one more thing.... But they're controlling that not me. I haven't made the choices that brought us to this point in our life, this world and other people and the systems in place running this world made those choices for us and caused the struggles we have because others have more power than citizens.

So I just stay low like I said and pray somebody will hurry and "rapture" us out of here. Because most of us don't actually have the choices we think we do and I'm VERY aware of that in my own situation I have little choice and control over in this world.

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Post by FoundMyEden »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: November 25th, 2022, 9:04 am Disabled single moms with special needs children and zero family or support already, don't get to opt out. I stay off the radar as much as I possibly can and I don't do anything the way everybody else does. I've homeschooled my son with autism and down syndrome since age 5, he's now almost 17 and smarter than almost every adult I know. I manage all his health and dental and mental health care and private hire if I need somebody, he's never even had a cavity and doesn't get sick. He's the coolest kid in the room no matter where he goes and makes sure absolutely everybody feels loved and included. He's got an incredibly witty sense of humor and is highly intelligent about things most people don't ever learn about. He's incredibly talented and outgoing and has his own YouTube channel and makes a lot of its own videos and everything he does on his tick tock channel. (Yes I'm aware China is tracking us, they are here on the forum too.) I'm also his caregiver 24/7 and manage every other aspect of his existence every day. (My life is sustained in there somewhere between all that too.)

But we still depend on TPTB to manufacture the air we breathe and the medicines we have to use and I'm not in a position to grow food for my family or be self-reliant. We're not in a position to even do our laundry by ourselves. As self-reliant as I am under extreme circumstances, I've learned how much I actually rely on this world to exist. Most people don't actually have the choices they think they do, and when you become disabled or have special needs you become even more aware of the things we take for granted everyday that we actually rely on this world for.

I think there's a lot of things that people aren't even realizing that are provided for us in this world like I jested about the air - only that's not a jest - they actually do that just like they manufacture the rain and earthquakes.. We can't actually opt out the ways that we wish we could. I know a lot about procuring water from nothing in the middle of the desert and foraging food and medicinal plants setting traps and building weapons and building shelters... I could teach some classes here. But there's no way I could actually live/survive that way with my son with the struggles we have, not even for an afternoon. And I would wager the most hardcore survivalist here is not considering SOMETHING that they provide for us in this world or that they control and the so called natural resources they manufacture for us.

My old landlord and his friends drove out to the middle of the desert and I mean the middle of nowhere. He showed me on the map and they must have taken gas cans out there... He said they were just playing around in the desert shooting guns and drinking beer. He got a call from the BLM next day and was told he needed to come into their office cuz he was in trouble. They told him they know he was playing around out there and he wasn't supposed to be.. who knows why some gov thing I'm sure. He tried to lie and they pulled up satellite images and zoomed in on his truck and his dog their faces.

So my point is there's nowhere to go and we rely on too much that we don't even realize we rely on every day. Even if we go out into the wilderness they know we're there and they control that area too - and that includes airspace and below ground. They have mapped every single inch of the world, and every one of us in it. Even if you're one of the smart polygamists who didn't register your kid with the state and give the Vatican the heel prick blood sample, they still know.

I believe we have less ability to completely opt out than we think, and they control more than people largely realize and they know more about us than people even know about themselves. They've planned it that way. Even if you own land you think you own but you don't own the way you think or hope you do. They still own and control it and we'll take it if they decide they want it or you shouldn't have it.

So I would love to fantasize about opting out if that were an actual choice, but I don't believe it actually is. Frankly I'm scared already everyday because my son and I don't have enough resources and I already know we wouldn't survive if we had to go through one more thing.... But they're controlling that not me. I haven't made the choices that brought us to this point in our life, this world and other people and the systems in place running this world made those choices for us and caused the struggles we have because others have more power than citizens.

So I just stay low like I said and pray somebody will hurry and "rapture" us out of here. Because most of us don't actually have the choices we think we do and I'm VERY aware of that in my own situation I have little choice and control over in this world.
True, but are you saying that tptb can read the mind and do the will of God? Because if they can then we have no will to move closer to the outside of the cave. But if they can’t, then we still have the free will to move towards it, even if they tell us we can’t.
The physical options we have to prepare might just be more of an observation of what our spirits are preparing to do. Many people talk of the call out. And some might be called to one place or another…but what if the call out is just spiritual? I have had an interesting experience that verifies this might be the case. If one believes in multiple realms and/or some sort of mmp, than what type of control does this current reality actually have over us? What cannot be controlled? The spiritual can only be controlled by masking and binding and “tricking” through the physical.

Anyway, those are some of my thoughts when we think, “there is nowhere to hide, what’s the point in preparing.”

Btw, I was disabled as a young mother who had a disabled child myself. My heart goes out to you. ❤️

sam_onofree
captain of 50

Post by sam_onofree »

You can't live in the developed world and opt out. You can avoid the public, sure. But in my mind, opting out means living free and the governments will not allow that when it comes time to collect taxes. I think the best shot is to go somewhere other humans will never go, build a homestead on public land, and then pray nobody finds out.

I've been thinking about this a lot. My taxes fund some of the most evil, vile, and horrific things that decent people can't even imagine. It makes me sick.