Anyone know anything about Dick Bouman's 'All Book of Mormon Believers' DVDs from around 00/01?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Anyone know anything about Dick Bouman's 'All Book of Mormon Believers' DVDs from around 00/01?

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Bauman wrote: You’ll be amazed at the documented TRUE HISTORY between September 1827 and 1844, the original 14 revelations given through the sacred instrument (before they were altered), and what the name of the church is commanded to be. Also, the ONE and ONLY priesthood, the three offices, when the authority of the church was really restored (and who did it!), GOD’S WILL to establish the church according to the pattern taught by the disciples in the Book of Mormon, (later deleted) and the commandment to rely on the Book of Mormon for ALL things concerning the church (not just the foundation of!), the Gospel and the Rock; the detailed Plan of Salvation; the real role of the Gentiles, and the absolute importance of the Indians in Christ’s plan for America, including the importance of the Choice Seer, who is yet to come forth from the Native Americans (he’s not who you think!). Why all the living witnesses (except the Smiths) of the gold plates and the Book of Mormon left the church (including the original historian), when the history of the church was changed, and the secret organization that infiltrated the restoration (and even churches against the Book of Mormon!) and this nation as prophesied in the Book of Mormon!
http://www.allbookofmormonbelievers.org/

This is from his website, written around 2000/2001, and is a summary of what his DVD series covers (or at least part of what his DVD series covers.
"We recognize the world is in turmoil. We see the conclusion of the gentile system." from circa 2000. Someone very awake to what was going on.

Anyone ever heard of this person? Is he still alive? Sad to see that his Youtube channel never uploaded more material. Seems like a wise person. Hope things turned out well for he and his.

I'm happy his website is still up and running (well, running to an extent). There's a real charm to the look of do-it-yourself/simple website design from the late 90s. Stumbling on sites like this is like a taste of traveling through time.

The most poignant Book of Mormon commentary I have ever come across has come from believers of the Book of Mormon that could be categorized as sort of independent/non-Denominational believers of the Book of Mormon or Remnant-Mormons. Stuff like this is just another example of that trend

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Dick Bouman, servant of Christ

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Dick Bauman, servant of Christ wrote:
May 15, 2001

The title of this set of 6 DVDs is: "TO ALL BELIEVERS OF THE BOOK OF MORMON: "WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CHURCH?"

INDIVIDUAL DVD SESSION TITLES (60 to 90 minutes each)

T-1 Introduction: The Holy Spirit Awakens Our feelings That Things Aren’t Right

T-2 Coming Forth Of The Book Of Mormon

T-3 The Original Revelations Given Thru The Stone July 1828 – June 1829 Part #1

T-4 The Original Revelations Given Thru The Stone July 1828 – June 1829 Part #2

T-5 The Pure Doctrine of Christ Is Found In The Book Of Mormon

T-6 The Fullness Of The Gospel Is Found In The book Of Mormon

T-7 The Plan Of Salvation Part # 1

T-8 The Plan Of Salvation Part # 2

T-9 The Plan Of Salvation Part # 3

T-10 The church of Christ found In The Book Of Mormon: church # 1

T-11 The church of Christ found In The Book Of Mormon: churches # 2 & # 3

T-12 Apostasy Begins April 6, 1830 Part # 1

T-13 Apostasy Begins April 6, 1830 Part # 2

T-14 Apostasy Begins April 6, 1830 Part # 3, Conclusion & Call To Christ’s Work

To Contact the church of Christ: [ Dick Bauman ] 417-962-5551
Interesting that he identifies as a servant.

FoundMyEden
captain of 1,000

Re: Anyone know anything about Dick Bouman's 'All Book of Mormon Believers' DVDs from around 00/01?

Post by FoundMyEden »

Never heard of him but thanks for posting.

Wondering Wendy
captain of 100

Re: Anyone know anything about Dick Bouman's 'All Book of Mormon Believers' DVDs from around 00/01?

Post by Wondering Wendy »

I thought this was of great significance as I read his site.
While building a small bridge on my property about 10 miles east of Independence, I was contemplating some of the struggles going on in the Restoration, and wondering what was going to happen to the church. The Spirit of the Lord settled on me, and in an audible voice said:

"THE GREAT SEPARATION IS ABOUT TO TAKE PLACE, AND THE SEPARATION IS NOT OVER WOMEN’S ORDINATION, OR OPEN COMMUNION, OR WHO IS FUNDAMENTAL, OR WHO IS LIBERAL, OR WHO BELIEVES IN POLYGAMY OR NOT!

BUT WHO BELIEVES WHAT THE BOOK OF MORMON SAYS!"
Very interesting, and I wish I could see these DVD's. :D :(

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I assume this guy is/was RLDS.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

probably it's about time for every latter-day saint in the whole world to try and do pray as moroni did ...

"36 And behold, these things which we have desired concerning our brethren, yea, even their restoration to the knowledge of Christ, are according to the prayers of all the saints who have dwelt in the land.

37 And may the Lord Jesus Christ grant that their prayers may be answered according to their faith; and may God the Father remember the covenant which he hath made with the house of Israel; and may he bless them forever, through faith on the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
" mormon 9
:arrow:

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I've watched two of these so far.
He makes some very poor mistakes and interpretations, and for someone who says he follows only the Book of Mormon and what it says, relies heavily on commentaries by historical figures and books about the Church.
Very disappointing.
I also note that here we are 22 years later and no ones heard of him. Says it all.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Robin Hood wrote: November 24th, 2022, 6:22 am I've watched two of these so far.
He makes some very poor mistakes and interpretations, and for someone who says he follows only the Book of Mormon and what it says, relies heavily on commentaries by historical figures and books about the Church.
Very disappointing.
I also note that here we are 22 years later and no ones heard of him. Says it all.
Thanks for sharing your impressions

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Wondering Wendy wrote: November 24th, 2022, 12:26 am I thought this was of great significance as I read his site.
While building a small bridge on my property about 10 miles east of Independence, I was contemplating some of the struggles going on in the Restoration, and wondering what was going to happen to the church. The Spirit of the Lord settled on me, and in an audible voice said:

"THE GREAT SEPARATION IS ABOUT TO TAKE PLACE, AND THE SEPARATION IS NOT OVER WOMEN’S ORDINATION, OR OPEN COMMUNION, OR WHO IS FUNDAMENTAL, OR WHO IS LIBERAL, OR WHO BELIEVES IN POLYGAMY OR NOT!

BUT WHO BELIEVES WHAT THE BOOK OF MORMON SAYS!"
Very interesting, and I wish I could see these DVD's. :D :(
They're on YouTube.
Just search for Dick Bauman.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

I've watched and I put some comments on some of the problems I see with it.