Weapons in temples- yea or nay?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
tribrac
captain of 1,000

Re: Weapons in temples- yea or nay?

Post by tribrac »

That's a hard no for me.

But I seem to recall a church history legend that there was a time when there was an armed Mormon for each Mormon working on the temple. Hope we don't get there again, but look at all the graphitti, vandalism, and arson reported at LDS buildings in Utah in the past 12 months....

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Anyone see a guy was arrested today for carrying a handgun at LDS Business College?

This ain't your grandpa's church no more. If they react that way to a gun at college, you are not getting away with just a stern lecture if they catch you carrying inside the temple.

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

JK4Woods wrote: November 19th, 2022, 9:14 pm We had a guy come into the front of the temple, then after circulating around the waiting area, went into the enclosed garden area right by the recommend desk. Then he committed suicidal using a handgun.
Not good. Perhaps he gave up the signs and tokes and suffered his life to be taken?

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Of you could Simon a flaming sword sure
Attachments
Screenshot_20221130-154047.jpg
Screenshot_20221130-154047.jpg (299.21 KiB) Viewed 99 times

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

Maybe if you leave it in your vehicle and have your gov approved permit on you. But you shouldn't need it. It's been a while since I was down in Argentina, but there was a bomb threat at the Buenos Aires temple while I was there. It didn't even make the news. There was a brother in the ward I was attending that was a security guard at the temple, he sold his only vehicle to help pay for his son's mission- A great sacrifice for his family. Anyways one day I went over to his house for dinner and he shared a great story, he was really excited to tell someone about his work that was normally pretty boring- just walking the temple grounds. Apparently someone had made it into the temple with an 8mm video recorder and they caught the guy with it on the way out. I don't recall whether he said it was just another ordinance worker that was with him at the time or a member of the temple presidency, but they confiscated the video recorder and when the opened it up, the Hi8 tape had completely melted in the device.