The Word of Wisdom

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
silverado
captain of 100

Re: The Word of Wisdom

Post by silverado »

Jashon wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 12:06 pm
silverado wrote: November 21st, 2022, 10:29 amEating meat is healthy the study finds--but not for the animals that get eaten. If the Lord cares about a sparrow that falls, he cares about an animal that gets slaughtered.
You seem to believe in the ethical superiority of plant-based eating, but quadrillions of insects are intentionally killed each year, just in the US, in the production of plant food. Also, huge numbers of mammals are killed in the production of plant food. Parts of insects and mammals can end up in plant food, esp. in grains.

Whether one eats plant or animal food, the most humane way to eat is to raise the food yourself. If it's impossible, then well-chosen food sourcing is important.
The ethical superiority of plant based? My understanding of WoW 89:13 is that it "is pleasing unto" the Lord if we use animals sparingly. I want to please him and that is how I understand it. Others might have a different interpretation.
I agree with growing or choosing your food source to eat as humanely as possible, what ever it is.

Jashon
captain of 100

Post by Jashon »

An important point is that even eating only herbs and fruit leads to the slaughter of huge numbers of animals.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

“Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.“ Romans 14:1-3

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

nightlight wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 1:32 pm Eating healthy also includes the space between meals

It's strange how good you feel if keep yourself hungry

Whole wheat in moderation goes a long way
It's good to experience hunger. Physically, emotionally, mentally, etc. Fasting is extremely beneficial to man

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Mamabear wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 4:23 pm “Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.“ Romans 14:1-3
👍 New Testament gives us much clarity for dealing with the traditions of our fathers and of men

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Meat-eating, usage of animals, medicinal/psychtropic pharmakeia usage..

It may sound weird, but ill say it again, im definitely thinking all this w/ these subjects fall under Noah's Genesis`8-9 post-flood rainbow 🌈

for sure TPTB of our generation are definitely all about that nephilim life 🌊⏳☄️

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

silverado wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 9:40 am
Fred wrote: November 21st, 2022, 10:20 pm
silverado wrote: November 21st, 2022, 10:29 am Eating meat is healthy the study finds--but not for the animals that get eaten. If the Lord cares about a sparrow that falls, he cares about an animal that gets slaughtered. D&C 89;12-13 says THEY (not 'it') are to be used sparingly. We usually think of that as an amount. Sparingly means more than that. To be held in reserve to be used if needed (spare tire), to treat with mercy and compassion, to use tenderly.
Jesus ate fish. That is one of the purposes of animals. They even eat each other.
One of their purposes, yes it is. But we generally eat them a lot more than we need to.
There is a reason it is called the food chain.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

intuitively .. this might work well, maybe someone try and report ..

"THE MAGIC OF PEMF HEALING - JOHN WHITE #4 - 22ND NOV 2022
First published at 17:54 UTC on November 22nd, 2022.
The Mark Attwood Show
" https://www.bitchute.com/video/f7zYxm0W9duX/

"PEMF THERAPY FOR DIABETES
After my many years of medical practice, and more than 25 years of using magnetic therapies, I have seen truly life-altering and dramatic results from the use of PEMFs in diabetics. Not only do PEMF therapies help to condition all tissues to be as healthy as possible, especially as we get older, but they also accelerate the natural health recovery of diabetic tissues.

Since we can’t ever get rid of AGEs, all we can do is to make the tissues containing them be more healthy and resistant, and to recover and rebuild better long-term. This is exactly what PEMFs do. As I said, I have seen dramatic improvements in diabetics using PEMFs, when the usual options (including dramatic surgeries like amputations) were all that was considered. By changing diets and applying whole-body PEMFs, one of my own patients was reversed from having to have bilateral below-the-knee amputation of his legs.

PEMF THERAPY COMBATTING DIABETIC NEUROPATHY
" https://www.drpawluk.com/blog/diabetes-pemf-therapy/

PEMF Therapy diabetes
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=PEMF+Therapy+ ... =h_&ia=web
:arrow:

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

“Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach’s sake and thine often infirmities.” 1 Timothy 5:23
🥰

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

ummm..., sushi_ has been in the mode of struggling with health problem, not so serious but ..

here sold herbal ingredients alcoholic beverages,
like https://duckduckgo.com/?q=%E9%A4%8A%E5% ... &ia=images

yep sushi_ had tried some, and every time took it, felt nudging not to have it, for the span of two, three years probably around 5, 6 times. then one day came across a newspaper article shows/explains kinda zero tolerance to alcohol drinks persons type, and definitely fit to sushi_, that was thunder bolt out of blue stricken moment .. since then able to totally forget about those beverages .. that was 5, 6 years ago ..

for sushi_ proves wow about strong drink is the gold ..

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

nightlight wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 1:32 pm Eating healthy also includes the space between meals

It's strange how good you feel if keep yourself hungry

Whole wheat in moderation goes a long way
^ exactly.

It is my observation that, in general, the problems people have with eating wheat is due to eating too much of all foods.

My personal experience is that if you wait till you really feel that hunger gnawing, your digestive system is amped up and ready to digest just about anything that you eat. but...of course, don't justify a huge meal when you're really hungry.... no bueno.

On the flip side, this is why eating ice cream is so 'bad' for the gut. We've all felt it, right? You eat a full meal...and you really want some ice cream. Then...afterwards, your gut says "bad move"'. Your digestive tract is already loaded with food and then you top it off with something that is difficult to digest (mixture of high sugar and high creme).

Wait till you're really hungry and try eating a dish of ice cream. Not a huge dish. Your digestion will take it apart.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

sushi_chef wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 6:35 pm ummm..., sushi_ has been in the mode of struggling with health problem, not so serious but ..

here sold herbal ingredients alcoholic beverages,
like https://duckduckgo.com/?q=%E9%A4%8A%E5% ... &ia=images

yep sushi_ had tried some, and every time took it, felt nudging not to have it, for the span of two, three years probably around 5, 6 times. then one day came across a newspaper article shows/explains kinda zero tolerance to alcohol drinks persons type, and definitely fit to sushi_, that was thunder bolt out of blue stricken moment .. since then able to totally forget about those beverages .. that was 5, 6 years ago ..

for sushi_ proves wow about strong drink is the gold ..
I'm not fully understanding your post, but I would like to.

what specific beverage are you referring to and what is the benefit of it? The image link shows all kinds of different things. Is there an english name for the beverage?

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

looks like mainly sold here ..

Yomeishu Japan 養命酒 Herbal Liqueur 700ml
https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E9%A4%8A%E5%9 ... uage=en_US

陶陶酒  tohtohshu
https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E9%99%B6%E9%9 ... uage=en_US

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

LDS church added a comma after “used” and it changes the meaning to eat meat sparingly all the time to some of the time.

D&C 1835 80:2 (see above) And it is pleasing unto me that they should not be used only in times of winter, or of cold, or famine.

D&C LDS 1921 89:13 And it is pleasing unto me that they should not be used, only in times of winter, or of cold, or famine.

https://seekingyhwh.org/resources/word-of-wisdom/

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

This post I did shows verses from the Book of Mormon how the righteous ate meat all the time, even while vegetation was abundant.
https://seekingyhwh.org/2017/04/30/bom- ... -the-time/

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Here are additional scriptures that tells us that we are to eat meat.

Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14 are Biblical Kosher laws (Orthodox/Pharisee Jews teach and do add to the law) which tell us what meats we can eat.

BSD Deuteronomy 12:15 But whenever you want, you may SLAUGHTER and EAT MEAT within any of your gates, according to the blessing the LORD your God has given you. Both the ceremonially clean and unclean may eat it as they would a gazelle or deer,

1 Timothy 4:1-3
1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall DEPART FROM THE FAITH, GIVING HEED to SEDUCING SPIRITS, and DOCTRINES OF DEVILS; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 3 Forbidding to marry, and COMMANDING TO ABSTAIN FROM MEATS, which GOD hath CREATED to be RECEIVED with THANKSGIVING of them which BELIEVE and KNOW THE TRUTH.

D&C (LDS 49:18-19) (RLDS 49) (1833 52) (1835 65) (1844 65) 18 And whoso FORBIDDETH to [up to, including, or, and, effect] ABSTAIN from MEATS, that MAN SHOULD NOT EAT the same, is NOT ORDAINED OF GOD; 19 For, behold, the BEASTS of the field and the FOWLS of the air, and that which cometh of the earth, is ORDAINED for the use of man for FOOD and for raiment, and that he might have in abundance.

1828 Webster's Dictionary, TO:
TO, preposition
2. Noting MOTION TOWARDS A STATE OR CONDITION. He is going to a trade; he is rising to wealth and honor.
3. Noting ACCORD or ADOPTATION; as an occupation suited to his taste; she has a husband to her mind.
4. Noting address or COMPLELLATION, or the direction of a discourse. These remarks were addressed to a large audience.
5. Noting attention or APPLICATION.
8. Noting AMOUNT, rising to They met us, to the number of three hundred.
12. Noting the subject of an AFFIRMATION.
13. In COMPARISON of.
14. AS FAR AS.
17. Noting OBLIGATION; as duty to God and to our parents.
20. Noting EFFECT or END. The prince was flattered to his ruin. He engaged in a war to this cost. Violent factions exist to the prejudice of the state.
21. to as a SIGN of the INFINITIVE, precedes the radical verb. Sometimes it is used instead of the ancient form, for to noting purpose. David in his life time intended to build a temple. The legislature assembles annually to make and amend laws. The court will sit in February to try some important causes.
22. It precedes the radical verb after adjectives, noting the object; as ready to go; prompt to obey; quick to hear, but slow to censure.
23. It precedes the radical verb, noting the object.
24. It precedes the radical verb, noting CONSEQUENCE.
25. It notes EXTENT, DEGREE or END. He languishes to death, even to death. The water rises to the highth of twenty feet. The line extends from one end to the other.
27. After have, it denotes duty or NECESSITY.
TO is often used adverbially to MODIFY the sense of verbs; as, to come to; to heave to The sense of such phrases is explained under the verbs respectively.

D&C (LDS 59:16-17) (RLDS 59) (1833 60) (1835 19) (1844 19)
16 Verily I say, that inasmuch as ye do this, the fulness of the earth is yours, the BEASTS of the field and the FOWLS of the air, and that which climbeth upon the trees and walketh upon the earth; 17 Yea, AND the herb, and the good things which come of the earth, whether for FOOD or for raiment, or for houses, or for barns, or for orchards, or for gardens, or for vineyards;

47 – Going Vegan? is a great video about problems of going Vegan from the Bible.

YHWH in His High Holidays (never called Jewish Holidays in the scriptures) commands us to eat meat. I believe one of many reasons that devils try to convince people not to eat meat is to get people not to keep these commandments.

In Parable of the Prodigal Son(s) in Luke 15:11-32 the fatted calf was killed and eaten to celebrate the return of a sinner. One a side note, the pigs in the story are viewed negatively.

Luke 15:23,27,30
23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
27 And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
30 But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.

https://seekingyhwh.org/resources/health/

ישראל1
Hi, I'm new.

Post by ישראל1 »

mes5464 wrote: November 21st, 2022, 4:31 am This article made me think of the Word of Wisdom and my own health:

New study finds meat is healthy, no real health risks - TheBlaze
Researchers at the University of Washington’s Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) released a study titled: "Health effects associated with consumption of unprocessed red meat: a Burden of Proof study." The paper was published in Nature journal in October.

The scientists declared, "We found weak evidence of association between unprocessed red meat consumption and colorectal cancer, breast cancer, type 2 diabetes, and ischemic heart disease. Moreover, we found no evidence of an association between unprocessed red meat and ischemic stroke or hemorrhagic stroke."

The authors of the study noted, "While there is some evidence that eating unprocessed red meat is associated with increased risk of disease incidence and mortality, it is weak and insufficient to make stronger or more conclusive recommendations."
Not long ago, I was diagnosed pre-diabetic. A knew before the doctor told me because the Holy Ghost has been hounding me about it for some time. I like to drink Colas is one problem and like most people I consumed my share of potatoes and grains. When my A1C came back 0.1% in the diabetic range I decided to pay attention to my blood sugar and see what I could do about it. I bought a glucose meter at Walmart and started testing 8 times a day to see my trends. I cut out all sugars (which was very hard) and I switched to keto friendly breads. I found that my body couldn't handle the grains or potatoes. I finally changed to a meat and low carb vegetable diet my blood sure came down but I still hover in the mid to high 100s. I can easily end up in the red by eating some bread or potatoes. Now that I have made the switch to a keto diet I have started to loose weight and my blood sugar is in the green (on the high end for sure but according to my glucose meter I'm within the acceptable range). The only way I could get my sugar down any more would be to stop eating all together.

I have a nagging feeling about the Word of Wisdom (not to mention food storage). Am I keeping with the WoW? Should I be eating breads and such, and just accept that diabetes might shorten my life? The WoW does say to eat meat sparingly and with keto one is doing anything but that so I'm torn and looking to see what other opinions I can get on the subject.
For what it’s worth, I was watching a documentary about the Keto diet, and the tremendous benefits to the human body, with my family, and I was pondering why the Lord would give the revelation regarding the WoW, with its tremendous restraints on meat consumption to the saints.

I was then impressed with the thought that the Lord was trying to fatten his people up in preparation for the exodus west, and the lean times in which they would find themselves in within the coming years.

Don’t know if there is any validation in it, but it was an interesting thought at the time.

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Post by Letfreedumbring »

mes5464 wrote: November 21st, 2022, 4:31 am
I have a nagging feeling about the Word of Wisdom (not to mention food storage).

Am I keeping with the WoW? Should I be eating breads and such, and just accept that diabetes might shorten my life? The WoW does say to eat meat sparingly and with keto one is doing anything but that so I'm torn and looking to see what other opinions I can get on the subject.
In my experience, I have learned you have to find what works for you personally on these things. We are not all the same health wise which is why the WoW and Food Storage sound like a one size fits all but it is not.

Not even the highest leadership obey these two things like you think you should do which might surprise you.