Tour of downtown Salt Lake City and it's homeless crisis...when the Mormon Church owns a trillion dollars

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Re: Tour of downtown Salt Lake City and it's homeless crisis...when the Mormon Church owns a trillion dollars

Post by gruden2.0 »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: November 20th, 2022, 7:32 am The church is amassing all this wealth.... For what purpose?

So that they can build churches and temples that are scattered all over the world? This is not gathering Israel. "But they are saving it for later!" Later?? What happens later? Do we not know that money will be made worthless? How will they be able to continue to have Israel scattered while being broke as to the things they once hoarded?
One stray thought that occurs to me is that when they switch to a digital currency, what does the Mormon church end up with? Is it a 1:1 swap, or something else?

A CBDC cannot only control people, but the central bank can literally decide which organizations live or die. If there's a company they don't like, say one that sells natural remedies, they can lock them out and they immediately disappear overnight. The same is true for any religious organization.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Re: Tour of downtown Salt Lake City and it's homeless crisis...when the Mormon Church owns a trillion dollars

Post by Subcomandante »

gruden2.0 wrote: November 21st, 2022, 5:39 pm
InfoWarrior82 wrote: November 20th, 2022, 7:32 am The church is amassing all this wealth.... For what purpose?

So that they can build churches and temples that are scattered all over the world? This is not gathering Israel. "But they are saving it for later!" Later?? What happens later? Do we not know that money will be made worthless? How will they be able to continue to have Israel scattered while being broke as to the things they once hoarded?
One stray thought that occurs to me is that when they switch to a digital currency, what does the Mormon church end up with? Is it a 1:1 swap, or something else?

A CBDC cannot only control people, but the central bank can literally decide which organizations live or die. If there's a company they don't like, say one that sells natural remedies, they can lock them out and they immediately disappear overnight. The same is true for any religious organization.
Forget the CBDC. We are already seeing banks divesting from people and organizations who exhibit tendencies deemed by the banks to be non-inclusive. That is the "Social" score of the ESG.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

gruden2.0 wrote: November 21st, 2022, 5:39 pm

It will be important to have a medium of exchange that can be traded for anything of value. We should all have goods or services that are in demand. For instance, I try to keep a pallet of solar panels on hand. Sometimes I trade for something I would rather have than cash. Just this week, I traded for a 20 foot box like on the back of a Uhaul or Ryder truck. It has a garage roll-up type door on the back and a people door on the side, near the front. It might cost me $500 to get it moved here, but I couldn't build one for a couple grand. It will make a nice Youtube studio. A person with a greenhouse or nice garden can sell fruits and vegetables. We should all have something.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Subcomandante wrote: November 21st, 2022, 4:04 pm
InfoWarrior82 wrote: November 21st, 2022, 2:28 pm
Subcomandante wrote: November 21st, 2022, 1:59 pm
InfoWarrior82 wrote: November 21st, 2022, 9:50 am

Who said anything about illegal immigration?
That's literally the only way you are going to be able to gather the Saints to the United States right now.

Ironically though most everyone, myself included, are AGAINST illegal immigration.

Do you have any way that you could gather in the Saints all over the world now, in 2022?

Put up or shut up
Why not just issue a statement that says "We expect all members to legally and lawfully immigrate to the center stake of Zion as soon as they have the means to do so."

?

It used to be this way.

Instead, these men just gave up on the Lord's commandment.
Because you know darn well that that is nearly impossible for at least half of the international membership, if not more.

That's still not the point...

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: November 21st, 2022, 10:43 pm
Subcomandante wrote: November 21st, 2022, 1:59 pm

That's literally the only way you are going to be able to gather the Saints to the United States right now.

Ironically though most everyone, myself included, are AGAINST illegal immigration.

Do you have any way that you could gather in the Saints all over the world now, in 2022?

Put up or shut up
Why not just issue a statement that says "We expect all members to legally and lawfully immigrate to the center stake of Zion as soon as they have the means to do so."

?

It used to be this way.

Because you know darn well that that is nearly impossible for at least half of the international membership, if not more.

Yeah, it very much IS the point. If you want a physical gathering to Zion in its current state, people will have to battle immigration laws or enter illegally into the country. Now, if you are on the Lord's timetable, which is not our own timetable, it is, currently, build up Zion where you are, and then when the Lord causes the end of all the nations, THEN you gather into Zion.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Subcomandante wrote: November 22nd, 2022, 7:31 am
InfoWarrior82 wrote: November 21st, 2022, 10:43 pm

?

It used to be this way.

Yeah, it very much IS the point. If you want a physical gathering to Zion in its current state, people will have to battle immigration laws or enter illegally into the country. Now, if you are on the Lord's timetable, which is not our own timetable, it is, currently, build up Zion where you are, and then when the Lord causes the end of all the nations, THEN you gather into Zion.
You keep insisting people will have to fight laws and do illegal things. Lolol. Why???

I have already given you a perfect example. Need me to do it again? Okay:

"We encourage all members of the church to do what they can, legally and lawfully, to immigrate to the appointed place of New Jerusalem. We understand that it may take a long time for individuals to meet this call, but we know that with patience and faith, the Lord will provide a way for the continuing gathering of Israel upon the promised land."

Tell me where things went sideways.

The church leaders didn't just call off the gathering of Israel. That would have been bad enough. But they did something worse... They changed the definition of the gathering of Israel to mean something completely different. Abhorrent.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

I’m not going to put everything in quotes in order to comment about ‘the Gathering. It’s too tedious.

Are we forgetting Doctrine & Covenants 133:21-27?

I’m on a phone with few bells & whistles so you will need to look it up.
Last edited by buffalo_girl on November 22nd, 2022, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Very impressive stories coming from TheChristian and FrankOne; and right on the money. Thanks for posting.