RMN Explained

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: RMN Explained

Post by larsenb »

endlessismyname wrote: January 7th, 2022, 10:16 am
briznian wrote: January 7th, 2022, 9:38 am Owl & Key IS Skull & Bones. Just another name:

https://utahcommhistory.com/2018/12/18/ ... y-of-utah/
Don’t think so. Unless by IS you mean “is a subsidiary of” or “feeds members into”. It seems pretty clear there are two distinct entities at play.

In the end, I’m just wondering why it is these leaders are joining secret societies at all. Every college kid on earth knows the kinds of things you have to do to be initiated… and they aren’t exactly wholesome recreation if you know what I mean.
The association from the cited passage is ambiguous.

However, the Owl and Key society at the UofU was established in 1910, a year after the UofU Skull and Bones. They also seem to have initiated the induction of women into their organizations about the same time. Then you have the example both in your post and in the article cited of two Skull and Bones members being selected to be Owl and Key.

Yeh, they seem to be connected.

The rites of the Yale Skull and Bones are indeed repellent, and if the UofU rites are similar, shame on Robert Hales. Then you have the story of the Yalies robbing the skull of Geronimo from his grave and incorporating it into their ceremonies . . . .

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Oaks and Nelson were called together in the 80s. I don’t believe Kimball woke up to do that. I need to research it more.
There are similarities about them. They didn’t serve missions, both their wives died within a few years of each other, both remarried quickly, were both members of skull and bones? What else am I missing?

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Mamabear wrote: February 7th, 2022, 7:17 am Oaks and Nelson were called together in the 80s. I don’t believe Kimball woke up to do that. I need to research it more.
There are similarities about them. They didn’t serve missions, both their wives died within a few years of each other, both remarried quickly, were both members of skull and bones? What else am I missing?
Both like to talk about their successful careers.
Both are hair follically challenged.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

ithink wrote: January 7th, 2022, 9:33 am
endlessismyname wrote: January 7th, 2022, 9:27 am
endlessismyname wrote: January 7th, 2022, 9:24 am
InfoWarrior82 wrote: January 7th, 2022, 9:16 am

Owl & Key at UofU back in the day was a secret society/fraternity along the lines as Skull & Bones (As Robert D. Hales was a member of).

Today Owl & Key and Skull and Bones at U of U are still secret societies, but now they allow both men and women.

I know that Skull & Bones is definitely ungodly and nefarious, but I am not too familiar with Owl & Key. To me, it seems awfully similar to "322 scroll & key" secret society at Yale along with "Wolf's Head". Hollywood is trying to whitewash these secret societies for the public to think that these things are only found in fantasy land and only conspiracy theorists talk about them. Look up "Locke and Key" television series. The Owl significance reminds me of the Owl (Molech-type statue) at the Bohemian Grove.
At first glance, comparing Owl and Key to Skull & Bones seems a stretch. More research needed…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owl_and_Key
This article says this "Skull and Bones" isn't associated with Yale. Says all groups are "completely autonomous". But then they go on to say they are all essentially accomplishing the same purpose.

https://dailyutahchronicle.com/2009/02/ ... 100-years/

Looks like there’s definitely some kind of connection, though:

“ There are only about 10 students in each Skull and Bones Society initiation class, but membership is lifelong. Many members go on to be initiated into the Owl and Key Society prior to graduating, which is officially recognized by the U as an honor society. The U recognizes Owl and Key members at commencement, and though the members of the Skull and Bones Society are kept a secret, those listening carefully at graduation can detect the members of Skull and Bones.”

Do you have any evidence RMN was in Skull and Bones, or just Owl and Key?
This is hilarious, regarding Hugh W. Pinnock, where they just casually throw in owls and bones right next to Beehive and General Authority

Nothing to see here folks.
Elder Pinnock was born on Jan. 15, 1934, in Salt Lake City. In 1953, he graduated from Granite High School, where he was student body president his senior year. He graduated from the University of Utah in 1958 with a degree in management from the College of Business. At the U. he was president of the student body, a member of the Sigma Chi fraternity and a member of several honor societies, including Owl and Key, Skull and Bones and Beehive
https://www.deseret.com/2000/12/18/1954 ... dies-at-66

Says the groups are independent, but then goes on to explain the function of each, which is the same. So a skull and bones member is still skull and bones no matter where they came from.
https://dailyutahchronicle.com/2009/02/ ... 100-years/
You're right. That was hilarious. 🤣
I cracked a big old smile while reading and then frowned as I realized secret societies had likely infiltrated the church long long ago, and right before our eyes.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

What I want to know was what a grown man was doing in the Beehives? Did he join MIA maids too?

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

I read that Owl and Key members at the UofU actually are the ones who decide who gets to be part of Skull and Bones.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Gadget wrote: January 6th, 2022, 5:28 pm I believe the current prophet is in the process of setting up bondage for the saints cause thats the only thing that will bring them back to God. That doesn't mean that I have to be part of the process. I'm moving my family out of Utah this spring. March 2020 and forward has been a big warning. If you see it, just pray for safety and you will be led out.

Its not the prophets main job to protect you physically. That is of less concern then a lost spirit. Think about that. You are correct with what is happening but wrong about responsibility. We come here to die and be tormented, but that doesn't mean you can't use your agency and follow the spirit while the flock is becoming more worldy.
On the one hand you say Nelson is "setting up bondage for the saints cause thats the only thing that will bring them back to God".

Which you appear to believe is a good thing.

I agree that he is but not the why he is.

His job is to speak for the Lord, not punish the Saints.

Then you say, "That doesn't mean that I have to be part of the process".

Well, color me shocked, but why don't you want to be brought back to God?

Do you think running away from the cleansing fire of chastisment will save you from this righteous bondage?

Stay and reap the whirlwind of correction.

After all, you believe in what he is doing.

You are an odd one.

You can smell the smoke, but you cannot see what is causing the fire.

Methinks you are double minded.

And just like you cannot run from what is coming.

You cannot run from what you are.

Choose a side now.

Because soon.

One will be chosen for you.

There will be no escape.

Except through the enemy.

We did not come here to die and be tormented.

Men are that they might have Joy.

No one ever said we wouldn't have to earn it.

Sir H

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

HVDC wrote: February 7th, 2022, 8:29 am
Gadget wrote: January 6th, 2022, 5:28 pm I believe the current prophet is in the process of setting up bondage for the saints cause thats the only thing that will bring them back to God. That doesn't mean that I have to be part of the process. I'm moving my family out of Utah this spring. March 2020 and forward has been a big warning. If you see it, just pray for safety and you will be led out.

Its not the prophets main job to protect you physically. That is of less concern then a lost spirit. Think about that. You are correct with what is happening but wrong about responsibility. We come here to die and be tormented, but that doesn't mean you can't use your agency and follow the spirit while the flock is becoming more worldy.
On the one hand you say Nelson is "setting up bondage for the saints cause thats the only thing that will bring them back to God".

Which you appear to believe is a good thing.

I agree that he is but not the why he is.

His job is to speak for the Lord, not punish the Saints.

Then you say, "That doesn't mean that I have to be part of the process".

Well, color me shocked, but why don't you want to be brought back to God?

Do you think running away from the cleansing fire of chastisment will save you from this righteous bondage?

Stay and reap the whirlwind of correction.

After all, you believe in what he is doing.

You are an odd one.

You can smell the smoke, but you cannot see what is causing the fire.

Methinks you are double minded.

And just like you cannot run from what is coming.

You cannot run from what you are.

Choose a side now.

Because soon.

One will be chosen for you.

There will be no escape.

Except through the enemy.

We did not come here to die and be tormented.

Men are that they might have Joy.

No one ever said we wouldn't have to earn it.

Sir H
Amen sir H.
Prophets lead people out of bondage not into it. If that’s what she thinks he’s doing -and she supports him, why flee?

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

CaptainM wrote: January 6th, 2022, 12:19 pm The following post is copied from https://anonymousbishop.com/musings-of-a-fool/ I encourage you to read the whole post on the site; as well as the other blog entries.

"I spent a fair amount of time on this blog highlighting things that have contributed to my loss of faith in the direction of the LDS Church.  I began in 2014 shortly after having been released as a bishop.  However, my concerns actually began many years earlier at least regarding certain issues and topics.  I tried to address many of these concerns as a bishop and made honest attempts to be bold, persuasive, and thoughtful as I did.  I discovered that the scriptures are the best way to make a case.  But, I came to realize that even the scriptures or words of Joseph Smith are very often ignored in favor of today’s so called prophets.  “The living oracles” doctrine is the new “stare decisis” of Mormonism.  Sadly.  No one can argue against this statement while being honest, because this is what the Brethren themselves teach.

In fact, the Apostle who preaches this sermon the most is Elder Neal Andersen.  Elder Andersen is a man I happen to like very much.  I find him to be very kind, capable, and sincere.  I think in his mind, not only is NOT sustaining the prophets “the high road to apostasy,” BUT I think he also believes sincerely that sustaining the prophet is the MOST important thing we can do.  That it’s the BEST way we can truly follow Christ.  He leads the Brethren in referring to President Nelson the most in his talks, having named him 98 times in conference since Nelson became president and 23 times in his last Conference talk alone.

President Nelson, despite being perhaps the least interesting and least revered president in Church history, “continues to be referenced more than any Latter-day Saint prophet with 133 mentions — whether named, quoted or footnoted” — in this last month’s General Conference.  This clearly demonstrates the idea that this practice of prophet preeminence is becoming more and more prevalent.

Let’s be honest — and intending no disrespect — but, Elder Nelson was never a Church leader most people ever enjoyed listening to in Conference.  His talks were and still are unnotable from a doctrinal or even “interesting” standpoint.  I found myself even as a bishop cringing over his style and his rather creepy, seemingly staged, smiles into the camera.  For me, he’s never been someone I’ve been very inspired by.

Most telling of all as to what perhaps his own peers have thought of him for the last 50 years comes from the very telling comment his wife Wendy made shortly after being installed as Church president, when she said that the new prophet is finally “unleashed to follow through on all the things he’s wanted to do.”  Think about the implication of that statement! 

The Brethren claim they collaborate and vigorously debate endlessly together over important issues and that they always vote on those issues and obtain unanimity.  So, apparently, ALL the ideas Elder Nelson ever had for nearly 50 years, even while President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, were rarely or never embraced unanimously by his 14 other colleagues.  Not a sign of one whose ideas were well loved and accepted.

Now think of the converse of that implication–All the ideas Elder Nelson advocated for for nearly 50 years, which the Brethren were largely against, are now magically being put into action.  Translation?  If the Brethren really did ever debate anything, they don’t anymore.  They now blindly do what the prophet wants to do.  What the prophet says IS what they ALL agree on unanimously.

Of course, when it comes time to finally put into place all the changes of President Nelson that everyone was once against, we get statements like this one from Elder Holland:"
“I bear my own witness that these adjustments are examples of the revelation that has guided this Church from its beginning. They are yet more evidence that the Lord is hastening His work in its time.”
lots to think about . . I didn't realize bishops ever felt this way . . which is a good way . . . your words make me think

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

endlessismyname wrote: January 7th, 2022, 10:16 am
briznian wrote: January 7th, 2022, 9:38 am Owl & Key IS Skull & Bones. Just another name:

https://utahcommhistory.com/2018/12/18/ ... y-of-utah/
Don’t think so. Unless by IS you mean “is a subsidiary of” or “feeds members into”. It seems pretty clear there are two distinct entities at play.

In the end, I’m just wondering why it is these leaders are joining secret societies at all. Every college kid on earth knows the kinds of things you have to do to be initiated… and they aren’t exactly wholesome recreation if you know what I mean.
because they came from elite families . . .these elite families live a different social life. . . you are probably not in their social class and nor know someone who is or you would easily see thier different approach to memberships, careers, friends, etc.

JSmith
captain of 100

Post by JSmith »

CaptainM wrote: January 6th, 2022, 12:19 pm The following post is copied from https://anonymousbishop.com/musings-of-a-fool/ I encourage you to read the whole post on the site; as well as the other blog entries.

"I spent a fair amount of time on this blog highlighting things that have contributed to my loss of faith in the direction of the LDS Church.  I began in 2014 shortly after having been released as a bishop.  However, my concerns actually began many years earlier at least regarding certain issues and topics.  I tried to address many of these concerns as a bishop and made honest attempts to be bold, persuasive, and thoughtful as I did.  I discovered that the scriptures are the best way to make a case.  But, I came to realize that even the scriptures or words of Joseph Smith are very often ignored in favor of today’s so called prophets.  “The living oracles” doctrine is the new “stare decisis” of Mormonism.  Sadly.  No one can argue against this statement while being honest, because this is what the Brethren themselves teach.

In fact, the Apostle who preaches this sermon the most is Elder Neal Andersen.  Elder Andersen is a man I happen to like very much.  I find him to be very kind, capable, and sincere.  I think in his mind, not only is NOT sustaining the prophets “the high road to apostasy,” BUT I think he also believes sincerely that sustaining the prophet is the MOST important thing we can do.  That it’s the BEST way we can truly follow Christ.  He leads the Brethren in referring to President Nelson the most in his talks, having named him 98 times in conference since Nelson became president and 23 times in his last Conference talk alone.

President Nelson, despite being perhaps the least interesting and least revered president in Church history, “continues to be referenced more than any Latter-day Saint prophet with 133 mentions — whether named, quoted or footnoted” — in this last month’s General Conference.  This clearly demonstrates the idea that this practice of prophet preeminence is becoming more and more prevalent.

Let’s be honest — and intending no disrespect — but, Elder Nelson was never a Church leader most people ever enjoyed listening to in Conference.  His talks were and still are unnotable from a doctrinal or even “interesting” standpoint.  I found myself even as a bishop cringing over his style and his rather creepy, seemingly staged, smiles into the camera.  For me, he’s never been someone I’ve been very inspired by.

Most telling of all as to what perhaps his own peers have thought of him for the last 50 years comes from the very telling comment his wife Wendy made shortly after being installed as Church president, when she said that the new prophet is finally “unleashed to follow through on all the things he’s wanted to do.”  Think about the implication of that statement! 

The Brethren claim they collaborate and vigorously debate endlessly together over important issues and that they always vote on those issues and obtain unanimity.  So, apparently, ALL the ideas Elder Nelson ever had for nearly 50 years, even while President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, were rarely or never embraced unanimously by his 14 other colleagues.  Not a sign of one whose ideas were well loved and accepted.

Now think of the converse of that implication–All the ideas Elder Nelson advocated for for nearly 50 years, which the Brethren were largely against, are now magically being put into action.  Translation?  If the Brethren really did ever debate anything, they don’t anymore.  They now blindly do what the prophet wants to do.  What the prophet says IS what they ALL agree on unanimously.

Of course, when it comes time to finally put into place all the changes of President Nelson that everyone was once against, we get statements like this one from Elder Holland:"
“I bear my own witness that these adjustments are examples of the revelation that has guided this Church from its beginning. They are yet more evidence that the Lord is hastening His work in its time.”
"... the nice thing about citing God as an authority is that you can prove anything you set out to prove. It’s just a matter of selecting the proper postulates, then insisting that your postulates are ‘inspired.’ Then no one can possibly prove that you are wrong.“

— Robert A. Heinlein, book If This Goes On—

By imbuing all policy and church messaging as inspired, and by teaching a backhanded "prophetic infallibility" in the notion that these men can "NEVER" lead you astray, the church has created a pattern of circular logic that always reinforces their position of power and casts even the most sincere, believing critics as the opposition.

the church motto is "Pay lip service to human fallibility, but deny any ideas that the institution is fallible"

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: January 7th, 2022, 8:43 am.
School fraternities have been around a long time. Yes, it's possible and likely that ones like Skull and Bones at Yale have become a network for powerful and nefarious people, but did that Skull and Bones even start out that way? This Owl and Key, are they drinking baby's blood and making dark covenants or is it just a school club?

A lot of organizations start off harmless and become corrupt over time as certain people infiltrate and take it over.

Just like my wife's homeschool group. It started off with a good solid group and then two Karens created a new chat group and excluded my wife and her sister even though they started the group in the first place. It was a secret combination in our own day and time and it happened all of a sudden and without warning. The same can be true for these other organizations.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Robin Hood wrote: January 7th, 2022, 8:28 am
briznian wrote: January 7th, 2022, 7:11 am Buried in the railroad thread is evidence that RMN is a Manchurian.
What's a Manchurian in this context?
Someone that has been psychologically broken and controlled. i.e. the Manchurian Candidate (watch the old black and white if you haven't seen it, the remake is garbage.)

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

so you liked Sinatra more than Denzel?

GeeR
captain of 1,000

Post by GeeR »

Original_Intent wrote: February 7th, 2022, 2:41 pm
Robin Hood wrote: January 7th, 2022, 8:28 am
briznian wrote: January 7th, 2022, 7:11 am Buried in the railroad thread is evidence that RMN is a Manchurian.
What's a Manchurian in this context?
Someone that has been psychologically broken and controlled. i.e. the Manchurian Candidate (watch the old black and white if you haven't seen it, the remake is garbage.)
The remake is not garbage! It SHOUTS loud and clear that the technology is here and present for controlling human beings and turning innocent people into zombies or assassins with no free will.

Florida man in face-eating attack believed he was 'half-man, half-dog,' doctor says

Investigators say they found Austin Harrouff biting John Stevens' face

STUART, Fla. – A forensic psychologist says a former college student believed he was "half-dog, half-man" when he fatally attacked a man and woman at their home and was found biting one of their faces.

The Palm Beach Post reports Dr. Phillip Resnick made the conclusion in a 38-page mental-health report released this week by the Martin County State Attorney's Office.

Investigators say they found Austin Harrouff, now 22, biting John Stevens' face while making growling noises on Aug. 15, 2016.

Resnick's report says the fact that Harrouff persisted in biting Stevens "in the presence of police officers, in spite of threats of being shot, being tased and receiving multiple kicks to the head, suggests that Mr. Harrouff was actively psychotic."
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/2019/ ... ctor-says/

It happened again!

On the morning of May 26, 2012, 31-year-old Rudy Eugene drove to Miami Beach, Florida, to Urban Beach Week.[5] His Haitian-flag-draped purple Chevrolet Caprice became disabled along the way. After spending 30–40 minutes at the site, as filmed on security video in and around the car,[5] he abandoned it about noon, and began to cross the 3-mile-long (4.8 km) span of the MacArthur Causeway, stripping himself of his clothing and disposing of his driver's license as he advanced westward, according to eyewitnesses.[6] His vehicle was eventually discovered and towed by Miami Beach police. Inside the car, police discovered a Bible and five empty water bottles, which they believed had been recently consumed.

Eugene—who eventually became completely naked, discarding even his shoes and his Bible at the crime scene[5]—encountered 65-year-old Ronald Poppo at approximately 1:55 pm. Poppo had been lying underneath the elevated Metromover people mover viaduct when Eugene began to pummel him, strip him of his pants, and bite his face. The attack unfolded at the west end of the MacArthur Causeway, near the headquarters of The Miami Herald in the Arts & Entertainment District neighborhood of Downtown Miami.[7] It was at first believed that neither Eugene nor Poppo[2] knew the other before their encounter, until a July 2012 publication revealed that Eugene had met Poppo while working for the homeless community of Miami.[8] A passing cyclist, Larry Vega, came upon the scene and alerted authorities via 9-1-1.[9] A few minutes later, Miami Police Department officer Jose Ramirez[10] arrived and, after doing a double take at the spectacle,[11] warned Eugene to desist from attacking Poppo. Eugene ignored the officer's warnings and, instead, reportedly growled at him, then resumed biting his victim.[9] The attack ended at 2:13 pm with Officer Ramirez shooting Eugene once at first, which proved ineffective, and then another four times. The ordeal was captured by a security camera on The Miami Herald building.[12] Surveillance video shows that the attack continued for 18 minutes before help arrived. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_cannibal_attack

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

TheDuke wrote: February 7th, 2022, 2:56 pm so you liked Sinatra more than Denzel?
haha it wasn't that! I just thought the original was amazing!

I shouldn't have said the remake was garbage - it got the message across just fine. It was only garbage compared to the original. (And yes, I think the tech was available when the original was made, or at least was being investigated.)

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

The original film has much better acting than the remake.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Original_Intent wrote: February 7th, 2022, 3:38 pm
TheDuke wrote: February 7th, 2022, 2:56 pm so you liked Sinatra more than Denzel?
haha it wasn't that! I just thought the original was amazing!

I shouldn't have said the remake was garbage - it got the message across just fine. It was only garbage compared to the original. (And yes, I think the tech was available when the original was made, or at least was being investigated.)
There are much worse remakes around. I could name the remakes of the Day of the Jackal and the Italian Job which manage to miss the premise of the original.

The remake of the Thomas Crown Affair is quite fun though.