Need confirmation, who's keys?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
ransomme
captain of 1,000

Need confirmation, who's keys?

Post by ransomme »

Here are two sets of passages that I think for together, but I I'm asking if anyone else sees it too.

D&C 7
1 And the Lord said unto me: John, my beloved, what desirest thou? For if you shall ask what you will, it shall be granted unto you.
2 And I said unto him: Lord, give unto me power over death, that I may live and bring souls unto thee.
3 And the Lord said unto me: Verily, verily, I say unto thee, because thou desirest this thou shalt tarry until I come in my glory, and shalt prophesy before nations, kindreds, tongues and people.
4 And for this cause the Lord said unto Peter: If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? For he desired of me that he might bring souls unto me, but thou desiredst that thou mightest speedily come unto me in my kingdom.
5 I say unto thee, Peter, this was a good desire; but my beloved has desired that he might do more, or a greater work yet among men than what he has before done.
6 Yea, he has undertaken a greater work; therefore I will make him as flaming fire and a ministering angel; he shall minister for those who shall be heirs of salvation who dwell on the earth.
7 And I will make thee to minister for him and for thy brother James; and unto you three I will give this power and the keys of this ministry until I come.

D&C 27
12 And also with Peter, and James, and John, whom I have sent unto you, by whom I have ordained you and confirmed you to be apostles, and especial witnesses of my name, and bear the keys of your ministry and of the same things which I revealed unto them;
13 Unto whom I have committed the keys of my kingdom, and a dispensation of the gospel for the last times; and for the fulness of times, in the which I will gather together in one all things, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth;
Last edited by ransomme on November 17th, 2022, 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Re: Need confirmation

Post by ransomme »

D&C 27
12 And also with Peter, and James, and John, whom I have sent unto you, by whom I have ordained you and confirmed you to be apostles, and especial witnesses of my name, and bear the keys of your ministry and of the same things which I revealed unto them;

Joseph was made an apostle, a special witness, and given the keys off HIS OWN ministry and of things that were revealed to Peter, James, and John.

But Peter, James, and John were given the "power and the keys of this ministry until [Christ] come(s)."

In v.12 it ends referring "unto them" meaning Peter, James and John. Then 13 starts with "Unto them" which is still referring to Peter, James and John again, is it not?

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

ransomme wrote: November 17th, 2022, 5:10 am Here are two sets of passages that I think for together, but I I'm asking if anyone else sees it too.

D&C 7
1 And the Lord said unto me: John, my beloved, what desirest thou? For if you shall ask what you will, it shall be granted unto you.
2 And I said unto him: Lord, give unto me power over death, that I may live and bring souls unto thee.
3 And the Lord said unto me: Verily, verily, I say unto thee, because thou desirest this thou shalt tarry until I come in my glory, and shalt prophesy before nations, kindreds, tongues and people.
4 And for this cause the Lord said unto Peter: If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? For he desired of me that he might bring souls unto me, but thou desiredst that thou mightest speedily come unto me in my kingdom.
5 I say unto thee, Peter, this was a good desire; but my beloved has desired that he might do more, or a greater work yet among men than what he has before done.
6 Yea, he has undertaken a greater work; therefore I will make him as flaming fire and a ministering angel; he shall minister for those who shall be heirs of salvation who dwell on the earth.
7 And I will make thee to minister for him and for thy brother James; and unto you three I will give this power and the keys of this ministry until I come.

D&C 27
13 Unto whom I have committed the keys of my kingdom, and a dispensation of the gospel for the last times; and for the fulness of times, in the which I will gather together in one all things, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth;
So it appears Peter, James and John have the keys. Interesting.
That would explain a lot.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

The last shall be first and the first shall be last

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Robin Hood wrote: November 17th, 2022, 6:33 am
ransomme wrote: November 17th, 2022, 5:10 am Here are two sets of passages that I think for together, but I I'm asking if anyone else sees it too.

D&C 7

D&C 27
So it appears Peter, James and John have the keys. Interesting.
That would explain a lot.
It makes sense of things like this, where it seems that John the Beloved is the Endtime Elijah in light of D&C 77:9-11, 14

9 Q. What are we to understand by the angel ascending from the east, Revelation 7th chapter and 2nd verse? A. We are to understand that the angel ascending from the east is he (John see v.14) to whom is given the seal of the living God over the twelve tribes of Israel; (144K) wherefore, he crieth unto the four angels having the everlasting gospel, saying: Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. And, if you will receive it, this is Elias which was to come to gather together the tribes of Israel and restore all things.
10 Q. What time are the things spoken of in this chapter (Rev. 7) to be accomplished? A. They are to be accomplished in the sixth thousand years, or the opening of the sixth seal.
11 Q. What are we to understand by sealing the one hundred and forty-four thousand, out of all the tribes of Israel—twelve thousand out of every tribe? A. We are to understand that those who are sealed are high priests, ordained unto the holy order of God, to administer the everlasting gospel; for they are they who are ordained out of every nation, kindred, tongue, and people, by the angels to whom is given power over the nations of the earth, to bring as many as will come to the church of the Firstborn.
14 What are we to understand by the little book which was eaten by John, as mentioned in the 10th chapter of Revelation? A. We are to understand that it was a mission, and an ordinance, for him to gather the tribes of Israel; behold, this is Elias, who, as it is written, must come and restore all things. (fulfilling His covenants with the people of Israel)

And D&C 113:5-6

5 What is the root of Jesse spoken of in the 10th verse of the 11th chapter? 6 Behold, thus saith the Lord, it is a descendant of Jesse, as well as of Joseph, unto whom rightly belongs the priesthood, and the keys of the kingdom, for an ensign, and for the gathering of my people in the last days.

WikiUp
captain of 100

Re: Need confirmation, who's keys?

Post by WikiUp »

Why not more than one set of keys?

Perhaps each dispensation head has a set of keys.

Must God be restricted to one set of keys?

Different keys for different task

After all, Keys are only God's authorization to accomplish a purpose or task.

Most have multiple sets of car and house keys to allow numerous people to use the car or enter the house.

Why can't God do like wise?

cachemagic
captain of 100

Post by cachemagic »

WikiUp wrote: November 17th, 2022, 7:27 am Why not more than one set of keys?

Most have multiple sets of car and house keys to allow numerous people to use the car or enter the house.

I believe that keys are not authorization for control, they are for unlocking information and mysteries.

WikiUp
captain of 100

Post by WikiUp »

cachemagic wrote: November 17th, 2022, 8:17 am

I believe that keys are not authorization for control, they are for unlocking information and mysteries.
Then why do the Q15 say they control the Church and by definition the members?

I agree, Keys for information and that is mistakenly used for control. Information is power.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

WikiUp wrote: November 17th, 2022, 8:36 am

I agree, Keys for information and that is mistakenly used for control. Information is power.
The Q15 DO control the church. They obtained that authority from the State of Utah and the United States government via Articles of Incorporation.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

WikiUp wrote: November 17th, 2022, 8:36 am

It seems clearer and clearer that we have been brought into this trap having been led by the philosophies of men mingled with scripture. Those keys are indeed used to control rather than enlighten. And now we are led by a bonesman.

D&C 121:39 We have learned by sad experience that it is the nature and disposition of almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority, as they suppose, they will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

❝I’ve always heard that Joseph Smith knew more about the kingdom of God than he could share. Because if he did, people in the church would want to kill him. Sound absurd? Robert Horne, while living in Nauvoo, heard the prophet speak in the Nauvoo Temple —

“On May 23, 1843, I listened to a discourse preached in the Nauvoo temple, which was then only partially finished. Brother Joseph was talking on the pre-existence of our spirits, and our relations to God in the spirit world, and our standing in the family circle of our Father. Now I am telling the truth, and I remember that while thus talking he suddenly turned around to the Apostles sitting on the stand and said in effect:
‘Brethren, if I were to tell you all I know of the kingdom of God, I do know that you would rise up and kill me.’
Brother Brigham arose and said, ‘Don’t tell me anything that I can’t bear, for I don’t want to apostatize.’
Brother Joseph, addressing the Apostles, then said: ‘The weight of this kingdom has been as a millstone around my neck, but I am going to roll it off on your shoulders, and then the kingdom of God will go on.’
There were eleven of the Apostles present at this time. Among them I saw Parley Pratt, Orson Pratt, Willard Richards, Geo. A. Smith, Brigham Young and John Taylor. I don’t remember the others.” (Robert Horne,
“Reminiscences of the Church in Nauvoo,” Latter-Day Saints’ Millennial Star, Vol. 55, No. 36, Sept. 4, 1893, p. 585)

https://www.deilataylor.com/if-i-were-to-tell-you-all/
joseph millstone neck shoulders
search.php?keywords=joseph+millstone+ne ... mit=Search

they may have gathering israel key only, should focus on proselytizing not only by words but also by deeds all-things-in-common type life style .. those prone to controlling tendencies should be released ..
:arrow:

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

In the parables of the vineyard, the Lord seems to take the same servants with him when he labors in the vineyard. I know MMP just throws a wrench in things, but what exactly would Peter and James be doing outside of mortality. There doesn't seem to be a need for their leadership in the spirit world and mortality is where all the growth and learning is done. If agency allows for it, I know I would say, hey coach, put me back in. The two JST changes make it seem that John the Baptist was Elijah. Maybe all the holy prophets who choose to are given the opportunity to return to mortality. Joseph did seem to hint that he was someone we would know from the Bible.

I think your interpretation is right. I still have issues with section 77, however. Why did JS purposefully not include it in the 1835 and 1844 editions of the D&C? For what reason was is not meant to be canonized? That's another topic though.

Wondering Wendy
captain of 100

Post by Wondering Wendy »

Shawn Henry wrote: November 18th, 2022, 1:50 pm In the parables of the vineyard, the Lord seems to take the same servants with him when he labors in the vineyard. I know MMP just throws a wrench in things, but what exactly would Peter and James be doing outside of mortality. There doesn't seem to be a need for their leadership in the spirit world and mortality is where all the growth and learning is done. If agency allows for it, I know I would say, hey coach, put me back in. The two JST changes make it seem that John the Baptist was Elijah. Maybe all the holy prophets who choose to are given the opportunity to return to mortality. Joseph did seem to hint that he was someone we would know from the Bible.
I haven't discarded this possibility, though I think this scripture might serve to discount it.
Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Also, I have a hard time believing there are so few noble and great ones that the Lord would have to literally send them more than once. Why wouldn't he give the opportunity to others?

Anyway, I haven't received any personal revelation on the matter, so I forbear any conclusions until I do.

Edited to add:
I do believe Joseph is returning, however, to finish his work. I believe the 1st Resurrection will take place shortly, along with the translation of the 144k. There's soon going to be quite a few immortal beings running to and fro across the earth taking care of the Lord's business. :D

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Shawn Henry wrote: November 18th, 2022, 1:50 pm In the parables of the vineyard, the Lord seems to take the same servants with him when he labors in the vineyard. I know MMP just throws a wrench in things, but what exactly would Peter and James be doing outside of mortality. There doesn't seem to be a need for their leadership in the spirit world and mortality is where all the growth and learning is done. If agency allows for it, I know I would say, hey coach, put me back in. The two JST changes make it seem that John the Baptist was Elijah. Maybe all the holy prophets who choose to are given the opportunity to return to mortality. Joseph did seem to hint that he was someone we would know from the Bible.

I think your interpretation is right. I still have issues with section 77, however. Why did JS purposefully not include it in the 1835 and 1844 editions of the D&C? For what reason was is not meant to be canonized? That's another topic though.
Good question, I think that 77&113 weren't included just because he saw it as a part of his work on the Bible and not a revelation for the whole Church. I'm sure that there are other times he did this same thing.

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

"Brother Brigham arose and said, ‘Don’t tell me anything that I can’t bear, for I don’t want to apostatize."

More revisionist bull shiz.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

ransomme wrote: November 19th, 2022, 3:09 am

Good question, I think that 77&113 weren't included just because he saw it as a part of his work on the Bible and not a revelation for the whole Church. I'm sure that there are other times he did this same thing.
Yeah, that makes sense, because nothing New Translation related was to be published until the work was finished and could go forth in one volume.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

as I've repeatedly said for years now -

PLEASE fill me in, on just what role John plays in the last days ? (according to these scriptures - below)
or are all these scriptures (below) invisible, and I guess just mean nothing.

Interesting how so many I've talked to, post such impressive scriptures
about Joseph Smith, *** (that are so convincing - that even some of the brightest are convinced
and deceived thinking that the end-time servant is JS, when he's clearly not,)
*** yet they always fail to prove or even to answer - or give any answers -
about the scriptures I posted - clearly showing
who this end-time servant really is, by one of the missions he performs - and that is - to gather Israel.

and as I've already posted. (sorry for the repeat of some things)

Our exclusive Priesthood rights to end

The Lord told Joseph Smith that His Restored Priesthood would
"remain through you and your lineage until the restoration of all things spoken by the mouths of all the holy prophets since the world began."
D&C 86:10
He also said we held our Priesthood jointly with those who held Dispensation Keys before us.
D&C 112: 30 -33
30 For unto you, the Twelve, and those, the First Presidency, who are appointed with you to be your counselors and your leaders, is the power of this priesthood given, for the last days and for the last time, in the which is the dispensation of the fulness of times,

31 Which power you hold, in connection with all those who have received a dispensation at any time from the beginning of the creation;

32 For verily I say unto you, the keys of the dispensation, which ye have received, have come down from the fathers, and last of all, being sent down from heaven unto you.

D&C 27

To Joseph Smith was given the keys of this dispensation, BUT NEVER
did he receive the presiding "keys of this ministry" of the Gospel or
"keys of the kingdom of God" of ALL dispensations from
A.D.30 to Christ's Second Coming.
These keys are held by Peter, James, and John.
Futhermore inasmuch as Peter and James have passed through
and beyond the invisible veil, it places John as the only one
holding these certain presiding keys in the flesh.

D&C 7

1 And the Lord said unto me: John, my beloved, what desirest thou?
For if you shall ask what you will, it shall be granted unto you.

3 And the Lord said unto me: Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
because thou desirest this thou shalt tarry until I come in my glory,
and shalt prophesy before nations, kindreds, tongues and people.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(now where have you heard that before ?)
lds.org
John seals up many things relative to the last days—
He is commissioned to participate in the restoration of all things.

D&C 77
6 And also with Elias, to whom I have committed the keys of bringing to pass the restoration of all things
spoken by the mouth of all the holy prophets since the world began, concerning the last days;

Rev. Chapter 10
11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D&C 7 continued

6 Yea, he has undertaken a greater work;
therefore I will make him as flaming fire and a ministering angel;
he shall minister for those who shall be heirs of salvation who dwell on the earth.

7 And I will make thee to minister for him and for thy brother James;
and unto you three I will give this power and the keys of this ministry until I come.

(and where have you heard that before ?) "ministering angel"
D&C 77
9 Q. What are we to understand by the angel ascending from the east, Revelation 7th chapter and 2nd verse?

A. We are to understand that the angel ascending from the east is he to whom is given the seal of the living God over the twelve tribes of Israel; wherefore, he crieth unto the four angels having the everlasting gospel, saying: Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
And, if you will receive it, this is Elias which was to come to gather together the tribes of Israel and restore all things.

Our exclusive right to this Priesthood will therefore terminate at the return of
The lord’s end - time servant.
John the beloved - the Davidic king - the marred servant.

He is the "Root of Jessie"
"unto whom rightly belongs the priesthood,
and the keys of the kingdom"
and in Isaiah 11:10 (*** at bottom)

The Davidic King, a Man like Moses that will free the saints from their bondage and lead the exodus to Zion.
and"whom rightly belongs the priesthood, and the keys of the kingdom, for an ensign,
and for the gathering of my people in the last days"

He is the "angel ascending from the east" in Revelation 7:2,
and who also is Elias - both the angel of His Presence and Elias who announces the Lord.
Elias which was to come to gather together the tribes of Israel and restore all things.

D&C 77:14
14 Q. What are we to understand by the little book which was eaten by John,
as mentioned in the 10th chapter of Revelation?

A. We are to understand that it was a mission, and an ordinance,
for him to gather the tribes of Israel; behold, this is Elias, who, as it is written, must come and restore all things.

-----------------------------------------------------

lds.org
"(2) Elias is also a title for one who is a forerunner; for example, John the Baptist,"

"(3) The title Elias has also been applied to many others for specific missions or restorative functions that they are to fulfill; for example, John the Revelator (D&C 77:14) "

A “sweet” but “bitter” mission and ordinance
to gather the tribes of Israel.

lds.org
Rev. Chapter 10

9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me,
Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
10 And I took the little book out of the angel’s hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

The "little book" was his mission, he saw
what his own mission would be; to gather Israel
in the last days, and be an Elias - a forerunner
to the coming of Christ. Just as John the Baptist
was an Elias - a forerunner to Christ.
For this important mission he (John the Rev.)
has tarried in the flesh for 19 centuries.

*** Isaiah 11:10

10 ¶ And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people;
to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.

12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

He is the "Root of Jessie" in Isaiah 11:10
He is a descendant of Jesse as well as of Joseph. (verse 5,6)

D&C113

5 What is the root of Jesse spoken of in the 10th verse of the 11th chapter?

6 Behold, thus saith the Lord, it is a descendant of Jesse,
as well as of Joseph, unto whom rightly belongs the priesthood,
and the keys of the kingdom, for an ensign,
and for the gathering of my people in the last days.

Wondering Wendy
captain of 100

Post by Wondering Wendy »

Being There wrote: November 19th, 2022, 7:29 pm as I've repeatedly said for years now -

PLEASE fill me in, on just what role John plays in the last days ? (according to these scriptures - below)
or are all these scriptures (below) invisible, and I guess just mean nothing.

Interesting how so many I've talked to, post such impressive scriptures
about Joseph Smith, *** (that are so convincing - that even some of the brightest are convinced
and deceived thinking that the end-time servant is JS, when he's clearly not,)
*** yet they always fail to prove or even to answer - or give any answers -
about the scriptures I posted - clearly showing
who this end-time servant really is, by one of the missions he performs - and that is - to gather Israel.

and as I've already posted. (sorry for the repeat of some things)

Our exclusive Priesthood rights to end

The Lord told Joseph Smith that His Restored Priesthood would
"remain through you and your lineage until the restoration of all things spoken by the mouths of all the holy prophets since the world began."
D&C 86:10
He also said we held our Priesthood jointly with those who held Dispensation Keys before us.
D&C 112: 30 -33
30 For unto you, the Twelve, and those, the First Presidency, who are appointed with you to be your counselors and your leaders, is the power of this priesthood given, for the last days and for the last time, in the which is the dispensation of the fulness of times,

31 Which power you hold, in connection with all those who have received a dispensation at any time from the beginning of the creation;

32 For verily I say unto you, the keys of the dispensation, which ye have received, have come down from the fathers, and last of all, being sent down from heaven unto you.

D&C 27

To Joseph Smith was given the keys of this dispensation, BUT NEVER
did he receive the presiding "keys of this ministry" of the Gospel or
"keys of the kingdom of God" of ALL dispensations from
A.D.30 to Christ's Second Coming.
These keys are held by Peter, James, and John.
Futhermore inasmuch as Peter and James have passed through
and beyond the invisible veil, it places John as the only one
holding these certain presiding keys in the flesh.

D&C 7

1 And the Lord said unto me: John, my beloved, what desirest thou?
For if you shall ask what you will, it shall be granted unto you.

3 And the Lord said unto me: Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
because thou desirest this thou shalt tarry until I come in my glory,
and shalt prophesy before nations, kindreds, tongues and people.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(now where have you heard that before ?)
lds.org

D&C 77
6 And also with Elias, to whom I have committed the keys of bringing to pass the restoration of all things
spoken by the mouth of all the holy prophets since the world began, concerning the last days;

Rev. Chapter 10

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D&C 7 continued

6 Yea, he has undertaken a greater work;
therefore I will make him as flaming fire and a ministering angel;
he shall minister for those who shall be heirs of salvation who dwell on the earth.

7 And I will make thee to minister for him and for thy brother James;
and unto you three I will give this power and the keys of this ministry until I come.

(and where have you heard that before ?) "ministering angel"
D&C 77
9 Q. What are we to understand by the angel ascending from the east, Revelation 7th chapter and 2nd verse?

A. We are to understand that the angel ascending from the east is he to whom is given the seal of the living God over the twelve tribes of Israel; wherefore, he crieth unto the four angels having the everlasting gospel, saying: Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
And, if you will receive it, this is Elias which was to come to gather together the tribes of Israel and restore all things.

Our exclusive right to this Priesthood will therefore terminate at the return of
The lord’s end - time servant.
John the beloved - the Davidic king - the marred servant.

He is the "Root of Jessie"
"unto whom rightly belongs the priesthood,
and the keys of the kingdom"
and in Isaiah 11:10 (*** at bottom)

The Davidic King, a Man like Moses that will free the saints from their bondage and lead the exodus to Zion.
and"whom rightly belongs the priesthood, and the keys of the kingdom, for an ensign,
and for the gathering of my people in the last days"

He is the "angel ascending from the east" in Revelation 7:2,
and who also is Elias - both the angel of His Presence and Elias who announces the Lord.
Elias which was to come to gather together the tribes of Israel and restore all things.

D&C 77:14
14 Q. What are we to understand by the little book which was eaten by John,
as mentioned in the 10th chapter of Revelation?

A. We are to understand that it was a mission, and an ordinance,
for him to gather the tribes of Israel; behold, this is Elias, who, as it is written, must come and restore all things.

-----------------------------------------------------

lds.org
"(2) Elias is also a title for one who is a forerunner; for example, John the Baptist,"

"(3) The title Elias has also been applied to many others for specific missions or restorative functions that they are to fulfill; for example, John the Revelator (D&C 77:14) "

A “sweet” but “bitter” mission and ordinance
to gather the tribes of Israel.

lds.org
Rev. Chapter 10

9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me,
Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
10 And I took the little book out of the angel’s hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.

The "little book" was his mission, he saw
what his own mission would be; to gather Israel
in the last days, and be an Elias - a forerunner
to the coming of Christ. Just as John the Baptist
was an Elias - a forerunner to Christ.
For this important mission he (John the Rev.)
has tarried in the flesh for 19 centuries.

*** Isaiah 11:10

10 ¶ And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people;
to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.

12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

He is the "Root of Jessie" in Isaiah 11:10
He is a descendant of Jesse as well as of Joseph. (verse 5,6)

D&C113

5 What is the root of Jesse spoken of in the 10th verse of the 11th chapter?

6 Behold, thus saith the Lord, it is a descendant of Jesse,
as well as of Joseph, unto whom rightly belongs the priesthood,
and the keys of the kingdom, for an ensign,
and for the gathering of my people in the last days.
From my understanding, the 1st Resurrection and translation of the 144k will occur first (remaining barley harvest). The 144k and the first Elders (Joseph Smith and co.), maybe others, (these are all in the spirit of Elijah) will begin the harvest by gathering the wheat (current terrestrial saints) from across the earth, setting up Zion and bringing the believers to it for safety from the great tribulation.

Then, sometime during this time, John the Revelator will come with all the lost 10 ten tribes he will have gathered.

Who will be called as leader of Zion? Don't know for sure; I don't think the scriptures tell us. The Church of the Firstborn has no leader but God. Zion will have Christ, himself, once he returns. I don't think it really matters who gets the call before Jesus arrives in person, as those of a celestial heart will all be ONE. These will be the Priests and Kings, Priestesses and Queens, who will rule and reign with Christ over the world during the Millennium.

Anyway, this is the way I see it at this time. :)