Official Church statement: Respect for Marriage Act

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Re: Official Church statement: Respect for Marriage Act

Post by spiritMan »

Lizzy60 wrote: November 19th, 2022, 11:48 am I checked out my few sources where I find the pulse of what pro-lgbtq progmos think about an issue. Guess what? They mostly detest what the church statement said about the Respect for Marriage Act.
So the liberals hate it (because the church supports a religious exemption)
And the conservatives hate it (because the church says they want to preserve lgbtq “rights”)
And only the brainless lemmings think it’s a wonderful thing.

The church is annoying people right and left! Yes, pun intended.
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

nightlight wrote: November 19th, 2022, 12:08 pm
spiritMan wrote: November 19th, 2022, 11:36 am
nightlight wrote: November 19th, 2022, 10:55 am
Thinker wrote: November 19th, 2022, 9:52 am As a man have you ever conceived and gave birth to a baby completely on your own?
ALL of society (babies) are produced through the sperm of a man & egg from a woman. It’s nonsense to suggest otherwise.

There are healthy, logical herd mentalities & there are dysfunctional, illogical herd mentalities.

Healthy herd mentalities:
Brushing & Flossing idea
Other hygienic ideas
Wearing clothes when it’s cold ( :lol: & hot but less)
Having animals live in your house
Celebrating holidays, birthdays etc
Dancing
Belief that though government is inevitably imperfect & not ideal, it’s needed

Dysfunctional herd mentalities:
Pretending government is not needed - including marriage, as if children/future-society will all be born under religious marriage - on top of that huge order, pretending that religions will ensure ALL children are cared for, if both parents bail.
Pretending homosexuality is the natural order of things
Pretending human sacrifice scapegoating is godly
Pretending killing a baby in utero is ok
Pretending killing just because someone told you to is ok & should be celebrated
Lol

A gay couple can END UP with a baby without being married..... I didn't think I needed to spell that out.

But thanks for the biology lesson lol

And you simply don't understand Christianity. You can try to lump it in with abortion, but you're just counting to show your lack of understanding the world as it is

And I never said we didn't need a government... I said the government shouldn't be involved in marriage. It changes nothing

This is more evidence that you don't even understand what you worship...that you are in fact dogmatic

Those who are part of the new age religion...they worship themselves. And because they live in a world with billions of people, they are bound to cross paths with those who are more than, better than... So they will lean to that mans understanding, hence folks thinking a government should have a hand in marriage.
They make flesh their arm

It's how a subject sees the world
Does society have an interest in preventing the abuse of children?
Obviously. Physical harm to children should be met with a jail cell or bullet... depending on severity

But spiritual abuse is cloudy subject

I could teach my son that there is no sin. That Satan is the true God. That man lives by his own genius. That Jesus is liar. That same sex relations are fine if you think they are fine. That casual sex with multiple partners is the way we are wired Etc
This obviously harms a person spirituality, which will manifest in the mental and physical..... But you cannot make a laws against this.

I mean you could... but you wouldn't be a free society

Our main prerogative is not safety though.

Having freedom in a fallen world is dangerous
So society has 0 interest in a pedophile adopting a child?

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

spiritMan wrote: November 19th, 2022, 12:11 pm

Lol

A gay couple can END UP with a baby without being married..... I didn't think I needed to spell that out.

And you simply don't understand Christianity. You can try to lump it in with abortion, but you're just counting to show your lack of understanding the world as it is

And I never said we didn't need a government... I said the government shouldn't be involved in marriage. It changes nothing

This is more evidence that you don't even understand what you worship...that you are in fact dogmatic

Those who are part of the new age religion...they worship themselves. And because they live in a world with billions of people, they are bound to cross paths with those who are more than, better than... So they will lean to that mans understanding, hence folks thinking a government should have a hand in marriage.

Obviously. Physical harm to children should be met with a jail cell or bullet... depending on severity

I could teach my son that there is no sin. That Satan is the true God. That man lives by his own genius. That Jesus is liar. That same sex relations are fine if you think they are fine. That casual sex with multiple partners is the way we are wired Etc
This obviously harms a person spirituality, which will manifest in the mental and physical..... But you cannot make a laws against this.

Are you reading what I'm writing ???

A person guilty of pedophilia should either be met with a bullet or never see the outside of a jail cell again

One fox two fox red fox blue fox

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

nightlight wrote: November 19th, 2022, 12:16 pm

A person guilty of pedophilia should either be met with a bullet or never see the outside of a jail cell again

A person who proclaims they have sexual attraction to children but don't act on it?

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Highest rates of sexual/emotional/physical abuse come from non-biological parents.

So you advocate for putting children into homes where 1) they will NEVER have the opportunity to know what male-female bonding looks like. 2) are much, much higher rates of abuse.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

You advocate for the abuse of children.

Putting them intentionally into homes with 2 queers IS abuse.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Lizzy60 wrote: November 19th, 2022, 11:48 am I checked out my few sources where I find the pulse of what pro-lgbtq progmos think about an issue. Guess what? They mostly detest what the church statement said about the Respect for Marriage Act.
So the liberals hate it (because the church supports a religious exemption)
And the conservatives hate it (because the church says they want to preserve lgbtq “rights”)
And only the brainless lemmings think it’s a wonderful thing.

The church is annoying people right and left! Yes, pun intended.
Who was the father of confusion again? Oh yeah that's right..... Goshcakes I wonder why the church is using that modus operandi. 🤔

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

spiritMan wrote: November 19th, 2022, 12:21 pm

Wait...

Do you think we should take away the parental rights of a parent who turns gay?

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

nightlight wrote: November 19th, 2022, 12:46 pm

Wait...

Do you believe a child should be raised in an environment where they are taught that having 2 men copulate together is acceptable?
Where one of those men is not the biological father, where the highest rates of sexual/physical/emotional abuse occurs?

If a queer parent decides to go get "married" to another queer . . .absolutely!

The state has made these types of decisions for hundreds of years. When mom and dad get divorced the state places the child with the parent that the state believes will provide the best environment for the raising of a healthy adult. That usually means the mother. For the state to place a child into household where a homosexual relationship is ongoing between two adults is ABUSE.

If you cannot see that-it just means you do not believe that homosexuality is really that bad, it's more akin to just drinking and getting drunk rather than an ABOMINATION (which is what God calls it).

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

spiritMan wrote: November 19th, 2022, 12:52 pm

Wait...

Do you believe a child should be raised in an environment where they are taught that having 2 men copulate together is acceptable?
Where one of those men is not the biological father, where the highest rates of sexual/physical/emotional abuse occurs?

The state has made these types of decisions for hundreds of years. When mom and dad get divorced the state places the child with the parent that the state believes will provide the best environment for the raising of a healthy adult. That usually means the mother. For the state to place a child into household where a homosexual relationship is ongoing between two adults is ABUSE.

If you cannot see that-it just means you do not believe that homosexuality is really that bad, it's more akin to just drinking and getting drunk rather than an ABOMINATION (which is what God calls it).
First off, I don't think drinking is bad. Lol

And I think homosexuality is a sin that will take you to hell. Not just the act, but even the thought

And according to your logic that would mean you don't think Satanism is that bad, since you think an antichrist should have parental rights but not a homosexual

🤔

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

nightlight wrote: November 19th, 2022, 1:12 pm

Wait...

And I think homosexuality is a sin that will take you to hell. Not just the act, but even the thought

And according to your logic that would mean you don't think Satanism is that bad, since you think an antichrist should have parental rights but not a homosexual

🤔
I'm really confused here.

So you believe homosexuality is a sin and will take you to hell-even the thought of it.

But you are perfectly fine with homosexuality being enforced by the state to ensure that children are taught it by their homosexual guardians thus leading them to hell?

Where did I say that an antiChrist Satanism should have parental rights?

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

spiritMan wrote: November 19th, 2022, 1:30 pm

Wait...

🤔

So you believe homosexuality is a sin and will take you to hell-even the thought of it.

But you are perfectly fine with homosexuality being enforced by the state to ensure that children are taught it by their homosexual guardians thus leading them to hell?

Oh lol so you think of Satanist should be able to be a Satanist but just not have children?

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

Wait...

🤔
Maybe to make this a little clearer.

Even Satanism requires a man and a woman to create a child. If a Satanic couple split up, I would advocate their children going to a Christian family to be raised. I would not advocate for the children going with either.

A homosexual couple CANNOT have children UNLESS the STATE grants them the RIGHT to have kids. Like, literally it is impossible.

If the state says homosexual couples cannot adopt, no surrogacy for homosexual couples, and children of a formally heterosexual couple where one partner splits and becomes homosexual should go to the heterosexual couple, there is 0, absolutely 0 way that a homosexual couple can have children.

That is the way that it should be.

A heterosexual satanic couple can have children outside of the purview of the state and would only come under the purview of the state IF the satanic couple did something overt (i.e. divorce or abuse). Otherwise, they could be satanic and teach their children it and no one would know.

This is the great divider. The only way for a homosexual couple to obtain (or steal) children is because the state enforces homosexuality and enforces laws to ensure that a homosexual couple has taken a child from a heterosexual couple.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

nightlight wrote: November 19th, 2022, 1:36 pm

🤔

Oh lol so you think of Satanist should be able to be a Satanist but just not have children?
See the above comment. A homosexual couple can only be GRANTED children by the state. That's the only way it is possible. This should NEVER happen.

A Satanic couple can actually produce children of their own-it is not granted. Those children should be removed upon divorce or abuse.

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

nightlight wrote: November 19th, 2022, 1:36 pm

🤔

You believe pedophiles should be able to raise children.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

spiritMan wrote: November 19th, 2022, 1:40 pm

Wait...

🤔

Even Satanism requires a man and a woman to create a child. If a Satanic couple split up, I would advocate their children going to a Christian family to be raised. I would not advocate for the children going with either.

A homosexual couple CANNOT have children UNLESS the STATE grants them the RIGHT to have kids. Like, literally it is impossible.

If the state says homosexual couples cannot adopt, no surrogacy for homosexual couples, and children of a formally heterosexual couple where one partner splits and becomes homosexual should go to the heterosexual couple, there is 0, absolutely 0 way that a homosexual couple can have children.

A heterosexual satanic couple can have children outside of the purview of the state and would only come under the purview of the state IF the satanic couple did something overt (i.e. divorce or abuse). Otherwise, they could be satanic and teach their children it and no one would know.

This is the great divider. The only way for a homosexual couple to obtain (or steal) children is because the state enforces homosexuality and enforces laws to ensure that a homosexual couple has taken a child from a heterosexual couple.
👁️ 👁️

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

nightlight wrote: November 19th, 2022, 1:46 pm
spiritMan wrote: November 19th, 2022, 1:40 pm

🤔

👁️ 👁️
I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

You doubt the fact that homosexual couples cannot have children unless granted them by the state?

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Democrats in Congress are moving quickly to enact their ‘Respect for Marriage Act,’ which would repeal the Defense of Marriage Act, which denied some government benefits to married, same-sex couples. Glenn says this bill may be an ‘extraordinarily bad idea,’ and Senator Mike Lee joins him to explain why. First, Senator Lee says ‘there’s not a chance in hell’ the Supreme Court would overturn gay marriage rights. So, what then is the point of this bill? In this clip, Senator Lee says the bill may give government the ability to RETALIATE against religious institutions, organizations, or charities who favor a traditional view of marriage…

The Red Pill
captain of 1,000

Post by The Red Pill »

Sunain wrote: November 19th, 2022, 3:48 pm Democrats in Congress are moving quickly to enact their ‘Respect for Marriage Act,’ which would repeal the Defense of Marriage Act, which denied some government benefits to married, same-sex couples. Glenn says this bill may be an ‘extraordinarily bad idea,’ and Senator Mike Lee joins him to explain why. First, Senator Lee says ‘there’s not a chance in hell’ the Supreme Court would overturn gay marriage rights. So, what then is the point of this bill? In this clip, Senator Lee says the bill may give government the ability to RETALIATE against religious institutions, organizations, or charities who favor a traditional view of marriage…
The Church should learn that if you lay down with dogs...you get fleas. You make deals with the devil, and you get burned. 🔥

But hey, Brigham criticized monogamy (traditional view of marriage)...so maybe this is just karma.

Joan7
captain of 100

Post by Joan7 »

I cannot get this 1994 First Presidency letter to show up here:
http://www.ldspapers.faithweb.com/cgi-b ... riages.jpg
Last edited by Joan7 on November 19th, 2022, 6:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Clown show.

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

Thinker wrote: November 19th, 2022, 9:52 am
nightlight wrote: November 17th, 2022, 8:58 am
Thinker wrote: November 17th, 2022, 8:17 amExactly.
And on here where herd mentality is not immune, the notion is actually popular.
Suggesting marriage should not involve government is suggesting we should have no government period. And such arguments give little thought to the real reason of “legal” marriage: children.

'If men were angels, no government would be necessary.'
-James Madison
Herd mentality?
It's actually the opposite, with all those in favor for government regulations on ALL things as the 🐏🐏🐏🐏

And I don't need to be married to have a child. A gay couple doesn't either

So.....what good is the mighty "government acknowledgement"?

Its nonsense. It's empty words on worthless paper

Return to sender
As a man have you ever conceived and gave birth to a baby completely on your own?
ALL of society (babies) are produced through the sperm of a man & egg from a woman. It’s nonsense to suggest otherwise.

There are healthy, logical herd mentalities & there are dysfunctional, illogical herd mentalities.

Healthy herd mentalities:
Brushing & Flossing idea
Other hygienic ideas
Wearing clothes when it’s cold ( :lol: & hot but less)
Having animals live in your house
Celebrating holidays, birthdays etc
Dancing
Belief that though government is inevitably imperfect & not ideal, it’s needed

Dysfunctional herd mentalities:
Pretending government is not needed - including marriage, as if children/future-society will all be born under religious marriage - on top of that huge order, pretending that religions will ensure ALL children are cared for, if both parents bail.
Pretending homosexuality is the natural order of things
Pretending human sacrifice scapegoating is godly
Pretending killing a baby in utero is ok
Pretending killing just because someone told you to is ok & should be celebrated
Lol

One of the reasons that we are currently in a war with Ukraine is because of the LGBT+ agenda. Prior to the war, Ukraine was one of the top places for gays to get surrogate babies. Once the war started, their merchandise was behind enemy lines, and that was simply unacceptable.
Now, Russia is fighting the US, and they are using Ukraine citizens to fight it. Currently, they have spent more than twice what we spent on the Afghanistan Conflict, and we don't even have soldiers there. SMH

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

The truth is this fraudulent "Marriage Act" is an infringement of the first amendment and is unequivocally unconstitutional!! It does NOT protect religious freedoms and will have the exact opposite effect that the church is portraying and spewing. They really think we are that stupid. No doubt this Act will pave the way for gay marriages in the temple along with a number of other wrongs. Very disheartening to see the continual erosion of the Bill of Rights and to think the church is a willing participant in that is absolutely disgusting and unacceptable. Goodbye to our constitutional republic. The church absolutely has NO balls or moral compass right now. All is not well in Zion. #GoodGlobalCitizen

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

Lol

Not anymore. A few years ago, you could find a lot of studies showing how harmful it was for children being raised in same-sex homes. What I recall, is that violence and sexual abuse were abnormally high compared to the nuclear family & single parent homes. Lesbian homes were actually the highest in sexual abuse and violence. astronomically high. I can't find any of those studies anymore, too bad I didn't download them when I had a chance. The book burning, and rewriting history has already began.