I found this very interesting and would like to discuss it

For non-mainstream, heterodoxical discussions. Request access to the Heretic Group here.
Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: I found this very interesting and would like to discuss it

Post by Cruiserdude »

WikiUp wrote: October 26th, 2022, 8:44 am mes5464 or anyone else, how do I get the link to this video?

Please provide the link>

Morgan Philpot claims in the video he does not do YouTube, etc.
You can click on the title in the actual embedded video and it should go to the actual youtubes site/page for it...... Or this is it also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpzybc5NI3U

decision2020
captain of 50

Post by decision2020 »

investigator wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 2:23 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 6:40 am I clicked on a random spot, 2 hrs 35 min, and I found it interesting he interpreted the word "stratagem" as deception.

mes5464, do you have a particular topic he covers or a cliff note overview?
He states that Russ Nelson was using stratagem when he urged the saints to get the jab. smh
a senior friend(and member) of mine, took the jab, and died a few months after.
he was staunch lds and a member of some very conservative think groups.
so i was dumbfounded when i heard he took the shots and follow-up boosters.
not so much shocked when i heard he passed from a heart attack.
a fairly healthy man as well.. so i wonder.. where was the discernment here ?
even myself, being right leaning, when trump announced the vaccines, my spidey senses rang clear off the charts.
i even know some regular temple attendees who ran to take the jab.. clearly you are closer to the veil when being in the temple as much.. where is/was the discernment ?

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

decision2020 wrote: October 26th, 2022, 9:22 am a senior friend(and member) of mine, took the jab, and died a few months after.
even myself, being right leaning, when trump announced the vaccines, my spidey senses rang clear off the charts.
i even know some regular temple attendees who ran to take the jab.. clearly you are closer to the veil when being in the temple as much.. where is/was the discernment ?
Sometimes I get so frustrated with people I love who have caved to peer pressure - especially when it sometimes has dire consequences. But I remember when I have gone along with insanity just because everyone’s doing it, or out of being too lazy to question anything. We are works in progress & sometimes must learn the hard way.

Sad about your friend. I’ve known of similar deaths & more with new health problems since getting the experimental shots. Before I researched or knew much about the shots, I was woken up with the Spirit & the message, “The vaccine is 1 of the poisons.” Yet, I hadn’t set foot in a temple for years - because I had trust crisis with the church leaders. My temple is within - prayer & meditation anytime anywhere. That’s not to say I’m always in tune - but I’ve definitely sensed the need to try to keep the Spirit.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

WikiUp wrote: October 26th, 2022, 8:44 am mes5464 or anyone else, how do I get the link to this video?

Please provide the link>

Morgan Philpot claims in the video he does not do YouTube, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpzybc5NI3U

investigator
captain of 100

Post by investigator »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 6:40 am I clicked on a random spot, 2 hrs 35 min, and I found it interesting he interpreted the word "stratagem" as deception.

He states that Russ Nelson was using stratagem when he urged the saints to get the jab. smh
Moroni did not use stratagem against his own people, he used it against his enemy. Moroni's use of stratagem did not result in the deaths and destruction of the immune systems of his own people. He used stratagem to defeat the enemies of the church and to save the lives and liberty of his own people. There is no correlation whatsoever to how Russell Nelson "used stratagem" with how Moroni used it. This is just a weak attempt to justify the actions of the brethren.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: October 25th, 2022, 12:07 am It's really interesting to see how bad the mental gymnastics gets for some members who try and explain away the obvious. A five hour presentation to attempt to make the argument that President Nelson lied to the church on purpose to see who would get the shot or not... Yet he himself with all the others did photoshoots of themselves getting the shots. I guess he lost to his own strategem.
Exactly. All anyone really has to do is read Isaiah Chapter One. That'll clue you in to the state of the church and those who lead it. Even the Savior said Isaiah's words "shall be", meaning a future fulfillment. There isn't much future left ... we're seeing it happen all over again.

Nevervaxxed
captain of 100

Post by Nevervaxxed »

I watched a more recent video he did that was "only" 3 hours long. He has some good information in it scripturally, but he lost me when he said Pres Nelson had no choice but to obey the government mandates to vaccinate, shut down churchs and temples, etc..., because the chuch, as a 501 c corporation, was "owned by the government". He also stated that it was our fault as memebers, because we "voted" people into power who have overthrown the constitution. He also claims that every time we vote, we are voting for politicians that will "kill our neighbors" and force others to "adhere to our personal beliefs". Some of his assertions and understanding of the scriptures as they pertain ot use in the last days seemed to be a stretch too. he did provide some good info on the 105 billion Cox and CO laundered for the modern gadianton robbers, and many of his points on Ezra's Eagle prophecy seemed to be on point... my biggest take away was the absolute cognitive disodence and mental gymnastics he undertook to excuse the actions and words of the brethren, especially our "prophet". Hey, but maybe is is 100% correct; but based on the pleathera of evidence I have seen, mostly provided by Reluctant Watchman, right here in this forum, I haven't been able to reconsile the practice of polygamy as acceptable by the Lord. Currently I am highly suspicious of our woke "church" and "the brethren", as they appear to more interested in staying in good standing the globalist "powers that be" than with God, something the Savior fought - to his death - while he was on the earth.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

We addressed this video here:

viewtopic.php?t=68833

If you have a love for the scriptures, you should watch all 5 hours.

Nevervaxxed
captain of 100

Post by Nevervaxxed »

How much is diff from the 3 hour and 49 minute version (2 months ago) that I already watched? I am interested, but there's a lot more I want to know answers too...

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Thinker wrote: November 12th, 2022, 6:29 pm
decision2020 wrote: October 26th, 2022, 9:22 am a senior friend(and member) of mine, took the jab, and died a few months after.
Sometimes I get so frustrated with people I love who have caved to peer pressure - especially when it sometimes has dire consequences. But I remember when I have gone along with insanity just because everyone’s doing it, or out of being too lazy to question anything. We are works in progress & sometimes must learn the hard way.

Sad about your friend. I’ve known of similar deaths & more with new health problems since getting the experimental shots. Before I researched or knew much about the shots, I was woken up with the Spirit & the message, “The vaccine is 1 of the poisons.” Yet, I hadn’t set foot in a temple for years - because I had trust crisis with the church leaders. My temple is within - prayer & meditation anytime anywhere. That’s not to say I’m always in tune - but I’ve definitely sensed the need to try to keep the Spirit.
Would it help to know they will all be going to the lower kingdom in the heavrn timeline?

It is still much better than this hell we call earth civ.

Even the dropouts are not going to get recycled. This is a burning but not the final one. That one is much like the heat death of the universe.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Ymarsakar wrote: May 8th, 2023, 9:57 am
Thinker wrote: November 12th, 2022, 6:29 pm

Would it help to know they will all be going to the lower kingdom in the heavrn timeline?

Even the dropouts are not going to get recycled. This is a burning but not the final one. That one is much like the heat death of the universe.
No it won’t help because I know someone who had a great heart - a great person except for being too gullible about news. It’s probable he died from the booster, but I wouldn’t want him to suffer more than he did throughout his life in various ways.

The tricky thing is everyone of us has both good & evil. And though with some people who have hurt me, at times I’ve wanted them to get their own back. I know I’m being tested. How will I treat my enemies? It’s easy to be kind to those who are nice to me. But what about those who hurt me? Boundaries are good - but also it’s good to remember that we all are imperfect - just in different ways.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Thinker wrote: May 13th, 2023, 1:47 pm
Ymarsakar wrote: May 8th, 2023, 9:57 am
Thinker wrote: November 12th, 2022, 6:29 pm Sometimes I get so frustrated with people I love who have caved to peer pressure - especially when it sometimes has dire consequences. But I remember when I have gone along with insanity just because everyone’s doing it, or out of being too lazy to question anything. We are works in progress & sometimes must learn the hard way.

No it won’t help because I know someone who had a great heart - a great person except for being too gullible about news. It’s probable he died from the booster, but I wouldn’t want him to suffer more than he did throughout his life in various ways.

The tricky thing is everyone of us has both good & evil. And though with some people who have hurt me, at times I’ve wanted them to get their own back. I know I’m being tested. How will I treat my enemies? It’s easy to be kind to those who are nice to me. But what about those who hurt me? Boundaries are good - but also it’s good to remember that we all are imperfect - just in different ways.
Well u can watch me because there are some who dont like me here and do not have a fair sense of play or justice.

That may give u some ideas. Rrgretably i cannot tell u directly what some solutions are. U have focused ur eye on it.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

mes5464 wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 5:51 pm

He also said that we were supposed to be close enough to the spirit that we would know NOT to partake of the vaccine. I can't say I agree with that. I feel like the Lord directs his prophets to tell the truth, even if it gets them or us killed. I can't think of a single example of the Lord directing his prophet to tell his people a falsehood, even if it's for their own good.
sometimes, we are set in front of a terrible reality:

6Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Repent, and turn yourselves from your idols; and turn away your faces from all your abominations. 7For every one of the house of Israel, or of the stranger that sojourneth in Israel, which separateth himself from me, and setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to a prophet to inquire of him concerning me; I the LORD will answer him by myself: 8And I will set my face against that man, and will make him a sign and a proverb, and I will cut him off from the midst of my people; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

9And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel. 10And they shall bear the punishment of their iniquity: the punishment of the prophet shall be even as the punishment of him that seeketh unto him; 11That the house of Israel may go no more astray from me, neither be polluted any more with all their transgressions; but that they may be my people, and I may be their God, saith the Lord GOD.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 6:16 pm
mes5464 wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 6:07 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 5:59 pm Um, polygamy? 🙂
I don't want to read too much into this comment but if I get your meaning then I would say this:

First, one has to decide if polygamy was a true or false principle. I have to say that I don't have a testimony of it. Because of Jacob's speech in the BoM, I'm inclined to say it was not a correct principle. However, I do believe that there will be more righteous women in the celestial kingdom than men, and they will need/want husbands.

Second, one has to have a testimony of the proclamation to stop the practice of plural marriage. Since I don't have a testimony of polygamy then it stands to reason that I don't have a testimony of the proclamation, BUT if polygamy is a true and correct principle, I don't believe that the Lord would have stopped it. I could be wrong about that but that's what my gut tells me.
It’s a bit more simple than that. According to church narrative, Joseph was both practicing polygamy and condemning it at the same time. And he allowed his brother and wife to condemn it in public and on record, right up until a month or two before they were murdered. Again, that’s if you believe the church. “Lying for the Lord” was a common mantra in Utah in the early days.
condemning it for outsider judgement.

doing it out of God's guidance.

Lying because he thought he had to. (fear).

Life is a stage. Play your part, you can't avoid it. Take it serious and fight the fight and die or live lightly and die. It makes no difference to God, only to YOU.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

FrankOne wrote: May 13th, 2023, 10:13 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 6:16 pm
mes5464 wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 6:07 pm

I don't want to read too much into this comment but if I get your meaning then I would say this:

First, one has to decide if polygamy was a true or false principle. I have to say that I don't have a testimony of it. Because of Jacob's speech in the BoM, I'm inclined to say it was not a correct principle. However, I do believe that there will be more righteous women in the celestial kingdom than men, and they will need/want husbands.

Second, one has to have a testimony of the proclamation to stop the practice of plural marriage. Since I don't have a testimony of polygamy then it stands to reason that I don't have a testimony of the proclamation, BUT if polygamy is a true and correct principle, I don't believe that the Lord would have stopped it. I could be wrong about that but that's what my gut tells me.
It’s a bit more simple than that. According to church narrative, Joseph was both practicing polygamy and condemning it at the same time. And he allowed his brother and wife to condemn it in public and on record, right up until a month or two before they were murdered. Again, that’s if you believe the church. “Lying for the Lord” was a common mantra in Utah in the early days.
condemning it for outsider judgement.

doing it out of God's guidance.

Lying because he thought he had to. (fear).

Life is a stage. Play your part, you can't avoid it. Take it serious and fight the fight and die or live lightly and die. It makes no difference to God, only to YOU.
I do take it seriously. My belief w/ regard to the early saints practices is well-measured and has garnered significant effort mentally and spiritually. Polygamy (and polyamory, which did happen with BY) was an abomination. As I said, it’s simple.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Ymarsakar wrote: May 13th, 2023, 6:37 pm Well u can watch me because there are some who dont like me here and do not have a fair sense of play or justice.

That may give u some ideas. Rrgretably i cannot tell u directly what some solutions are. U have focused ur eye on it.
I think at least part of it is miscommunication because online misses so much context & nonverbal communication. And sometimes people are too quick to post without thinking about it. I’ve done this before & you have it seems too… ie when you said you had to look up what lds meant. 😁

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Thinker wrote: May 14th, 2023, 7:14 pm
Ymarsakar wrote: May 13th, 2023, 6:37 pm Well u can watch me because there are some who dont like me here and do not have a fair sense of play or justice.

I think at least part of it is miscommunication because online misses so much context & nonverbal communication. And sometimes people are too quick to post without thinking about it. I’ve done this before & you have it seems too… ie when you said you had to look up what lds meant. 😁
Tbm not lds. Lsd lds was the joke but i did not tell it here