Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post calls to action or information about events, meetings, or lectures that are liberty and/or gospel related.
creator
(of the Forum)

Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by creator »

UPDATE:

The 2022 Joel Skousen Year End Analysis video is available on YouTube now. BANNED on YouTube.

Rumble video link >>

MP3 download is available at latterdayconservative.com >>

# # #

Announcement from the Highland Group:

You are cordially invited to hear Joel Skousen at the first-Friday-of-the-month Highland Meeting on Friday, December 2, from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM, at the SLCC Auditorium in Sandy, Utah.

There are a limited number of seats (300) at this venue. Some of you will be driving long distances to attend, and you will want the assurance that you will have a seat when you arrive. Therefore, we are selling tickets via Eventbrite for this meeting. The fee is a nominal $5.00.

If you do not have the money for this event, please let us know, and we will help you out. We hope you will join us. The venue is convenient to the I-15 freeway.

Date: Friday, December 2, 2022
Time: 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

Miller Free Enterprise Center 101 Auditorium
9750 South 300 West
Sandy, UT 84070

Where to buy tickets? >>

Joel has a ton of valuable information to share with us. This will be a very special World Affairs Brief!

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Joel Skousen Year End Highland Meeting - Friday, December 2

Post by Original_Intent »

I've been to one of Joel's Highland meetings, it was VERY worthwhile.

NowWhat
captain of 100

Post by NowWhat »

Good, substantive meeting last year; we're in for this year. Thanks!

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Tickets for this are almost sold out.. FYI for anyone thinking of attending.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

creator wrote: November 18th, 2022, 9:17 am Announcement from the Highland Group:

You are cordially invited to hear Joel Skousen at the first-Friday-of-the-month Highland Meeting on Friday, December 2, from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM, at the SLCC Auditorium in Sandy, Utah.

There are a limited number of seats (300) at this venue. Some of you will be driving long distances to attend, and you will want the assurance that you will have a seat when you arrive. Therefore, we are selling tickets via Eventbrite for this meeting. The fee is a nominal $5.00.

If you do not have the money for this event, please let us know, and we will help you out. We hope you will join us. The venue is convenient to the I-15 freeway.

Date: Friday, December 2, 2022
Time: 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

Miller Free Enterprise Center 101 Auditorium
9750 South 300 West
Sandy, UT 84070

Where to buy tickets? >>

Joel has a ton of valuable information to share with us. This will be a very special World Affairs Brief!
You are our eyes and ears.
Bear in mind that some of us live thousands of miles away.
Please return and report.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Joel's read on Donald Trump is pretty much a perfect match for my own.

Very good info on the election fraud. I hope Subcommandante gives it a listen.

At the point I have listened, he has only mentioned the Roe v. Wade in passing. I believe Roe v. Wade overturn happened so there would be a reasonable explanation for the 2022 election results - which I agree with Joel, 2022 was as badly stolen as 2020.

edit: I appreciate him calling out Bill O'Reilly also - BoR was a poor excuse for a conservative journalist.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

I just finished watching, Joel is on point in almost every regard; I liked his segment on listening to promptings it reminded me very much of the awesome book "Following the Light of Christ into His Presence".

I felt a minor disagreement with his thoughts on spanking, although I think I raised my boys erring too far on the other side of being permissive. But I don't feel right about "coming at your kids like a freight train" when they choose poorly (and perhaps he was speaking a bit hyperbolically).

I really felt that most of the points about what is going on in the world were dead on. Like I said above, I think he has a near-perfect read on Donald Trump. A very imperfect man, but I am very thankful that he was in power when he was, I think this caused a hiccup in the plans of TPTB. Not saying I think he is a great man at all - but he was flawed in ways that actually served the purpose of anti-globalists. He definitely surrounded himself by some bad people, and his ego hasn't allowed him to admit how wrong he was on vaxx. I agree with his opinion on DeSantis. I think our only hope politically (if we have any) is that we have to demand safeguards similar to what DeSantis did in Florida regarding election integrity. At least whether we vote right or wrong, we will get what we really deserve rather than what the corrupt mafia bosses decide.

This video was great. I actually felt uplifted and more hopeful just because truth is still being spoken.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Well, it's banned on YouTube already, which was somewhat expected, but I wanted to at least test to see if they had relaxed their insane policies at all.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I watched a little. Yes, he seems to speak the truth about all of this. But several things I'm curious about.

Why would youtube ban it for "terms of service" violation? Too much truth speaking? Not subservient enough to government? Or what pathetic excuse do they use.

Second, how is it that people don't already know what he says. This is all common knowledge stuff as I see it.
dc

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Thank you for sharing this. I wonder if President Nelson and Oaks will watch.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

David13 wrote: December 4th, 2022, 11:13 am I watched a little. Yes, he seems to speak the truth about all of this. But several things I'm curious about.

Why would youtube ban it for "terms of service" violation? Too much truth speaking? Not subservient enough to government? Or what pathetic excuse do they use.

Second, how is it that people don't already know what he says. This is all common knowledge stuff as I see it.
dc
Most likely because of what he said about the COVID hoax / fake pandemic and vaccines. That's also why they banned it last year. I even tested the theory last year by re-uploading a censored version with the covid/vaxx references removed (that is one is still up). He's also seemingly shadow banned on YouTube in general.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

David13 wrote: December 4th, 2022, 11:13 amSecond, how is it that people don't already know what he says. This is all common knowledge stuff as I see it.
Yes, much of it were things that you would already know if you're paying a little bit of attention to world events.

Maybe some people just like to hear an "expert" reassure them of what they already know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The gathering aspect of the meeting is appealing to me (being in a room with hundreds of like-minded people, and getting to catch up with old friends that I maybe only see once a year). And I'm very introverted, but it's different being around like-minded people.

And there has usually been at least some unique perspective that Joel brings in. I don't necessarily agree 100% with his perspective on everything but I've always enjoyed that yearly Joel Skousen meeting.

investigator
captain of 100

Post by investigator »

I listened to Joel's talk. There were some parts which are problematic for me. At about the 26:30 time frame he is talking about Donald Trump. He says "I have never seen Donald Trump admit error. Never. That's a problem. When you make a mistake you need to admit error." But yet Joel never has the courage to call upon his churches leaders to admit error. At 2:17:40 a man asks about the churches involvement in the climate change agenda. Joel says "I don't want to speak too openly about my criticism of the church because I am an active member of the church and that could get me in trouble."
13 Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things of darkness, wherein we know them;
7 For, behold, you should not have feared man more than God. Although men set at naught the counsels of God, and despise his words
Joel fears man more than he fears God and is unwilling to speak the truth about the church for fear he could "get in trouble"

In addition to that at about the 1:28:35 time frame he says "Christianity has bought into that, its called unconditional love. Christ loves everyone no matter what you do, it's just not true".

Joel fails to understand that God is still able to love his children without condition even if they are disobedient and he directs his fury toward them for their own good.

I also do not like Joel's explanation of how to follow the spirit. Too much relying upon "feelings" which I believe sets a person up for deception. We need to be able to hear His voice not rely upon feelings.

Other than that it was pretty good.

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

endlessismyname wrote: December 4th, 2022, 11:15 am
Thank you for sharing this. I wonder if President Nelson and Oaks will watch.
🤣🥸😉

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

investigator wrote: December 4th, 2022, 12:05 pm I listened to Joel's talk. There were some parts which are problematic for me. At about the 26:30 time frame he is talking about Donald Trump. He says "I have never seen Donald Trump admit error. Never. That's a problem. When you make a mistake you need to admit error." But yet Joel never has the courage to call upon his churches leaders to admit error. At 2:17:40 a man asks about the churches involvement in the climate change agenda. Joel says "I don't want to speak too openly about my criticism of the church because I am an active member of the church and that could get me in trouble."
13 Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things of darkness, wherein we know them;
7 For, behold, you should not have feared man more than God. Although men set at naught the counsels of God, and despise his words
Joel fears man more than he fears God and is unwilling to speak the truth about the church for fear he could "get in trouble"

In addition to that at about the 1:28:35 time frame he says "Christianity has bought into that, its called unconditional love. Christ loves everyone no matter what you do, it's just not true".

Joel fails to understand that God is still able to love his children without condition even if they are disobedient and he directs his fury toward them for their own good.

I also do not like Joel's explanation of how to follow the spirit. Too much relying upon "feelings" which I believe sets a person up for deception. We need to be able to hear His voice not rely upon feelings.

I agree with your criticisms, although perhaps a bit more nuanced.

There are reasons, legitimate ones, for staying within the good graces of the church. What Joel said indicated that there are problems, but that he didn't want to be at loggerheads with the church. While you might personally disagree with this approach, I believe it is sufficient, and depending on an individual's path may be necessary.

I felt Joel's position to "come at your kids like a freight train" when they used their agency to make bad choices - was a bit much. I definitely feel that I erred on the other side of being too permissive, and probably erred more bigly than Joel. But as Joel himself put it, I felt spiritual discomfort about his parenting advice.

Regarding "feelings" - perhaps I interpreted it too much thru the lens of the book "Following the Light of Christ into His Presence". What I heard was evaluate promptings and follow them if they pass muster. Take note also of promptings that give you reasons NOT to do what you have been prompted and know you should do.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Original_Intent wrote: December 4th, 2022, 12:20 pm
investigator wrote: December 4th, 2022, 12:05 pm I listened to Joel's talk. There were some parts which are problematic for me. At about the 26:30 time frame he is talking about Donald Trump. He says "I have never seen Donald Trump admit error. Never. That's a problem. When you make a mistake you need to admit error." But yet Joel never has the courage to call upon his churches leaders to admit error. At 2:17:40 a man asks about the churches involvement in the climate change agenda. Joel says "I don't want to speak too openly about my criticism of the church because I am an active member of the church and that could get me in trouble."

I agree with your criticisms, although perhaps a bit more nuanced.

There are reasons, legitimate ones, for staying within the good graces of the church. What Joel said indicated that there are problems, but that he didn't want to be at loggerheads with the church. While you might personally disagree with this approach, I believe it is sufficient, and depending on an individual's path may be necessary.

I felt Joel's position to "come at your kids like a freight train" when they used their agency to make bad choices - was a bit much. I definitely feel that I erred on the other side of being too permissive, and probably erred more bigly than Joel. But as Joel himself put it, I felt spiritual discomfort about his parenting advice.

Regarding "feelings" - perhaps I interpreted it too much thru the lens of the book "Following the Light of Christ into His Presence". What I heard was evaluate promptings and follow them if they pass muster. Take note also of promptings that give you reasons NOT to do what you have been prompted and know you should do.
It helps discovering a USPS on 38th street in zip code 73008. Even more help is discovering The Spy FM when you're named after the spy that almost got the world blowed up. Signs such as this along with the most magnificent sign to date in 2002 leaves little room to doubt that I'm in the right place.

KNBA has awesome Hawaii Music at the moment for those in the aloha spirit. :lol:

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

He made a couple of errors. In reference to the pre-existence he quoted a passage from Jeremiah 1:4 but twice said it was from Nehemiah.
He also labelled Jacinda Ardern (NZ prime minister) a lesbian, which clearly she is not.
Makes me wonder how accurate the rest of his comments are.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Friday, December 2

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Robin Hood wrote: December 4th, 2022, 12:46 pm He made a couple of errors. In reference to the pre-existence he quoted a passage from Jeremiah 1:4 but twice said it was from Nehemiah.
He also labelled Jacinda Ardern (NZ prime minister) a lesbian, which clearly she is not.
The other year he said you would see lasers if tptb were setting fires with them.

Apparently unaware of infrared carbon dioxide lasers, which are far more powerful.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

investigator wrote: December 4th, 2022, 12:05 pm I listened to Joel's talk. There were some parts which are problematic for me. At about the 26:30 time frame he is talking about Donald Trump. He says "I have never seen Donald Trump admit error. Never. That's a problem. When you make a mistake you need to admit error." But yet Joel never has the courage to call upon his churches leaders to admit error. At 2:17:40 a man asks about the churches involvement in the climate change agenda. Joel says "I don't want to speak too openly about my criticism of the church because I am an active member of the church and that could get me in trouble." . . . .
This is one area where I see Trump being misunderstood: never admitting error. I see it more as reflecting what he learned from Norman Vincent Peale, focusing on positive. Peale allegedly was a congregant in the Church Trump went to when younger.

In an interview that probed Trump's religious beliefs, he was asked if he ever asked God's forgiveness when he sins or makes an error, Trump's reply was that when he recognizes he made a mistake or sinned, he corrects his error, and moves on.

In announcing his bid for the 2024 Presidency election, he clearly gave concessions to the anti-Vax people, indicating more may be coming.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Robin Hood wrote: December 4th, 2022, 12:46 pm He made a couple of errors. In reference to the pre-existence he quoted a passage from Jeremiah 1:4 but twice said it was from Nehemiah.
Interesting about his reference to 'Nehemiah' - makes me wonder if he believes that's an actual record of scripture?

Word is that Ardern was ex'd because of being an unrepentant lesbian and her disagreement with the Church on 'gay marriage', etc. Are you suggesting she's a biological male, pretending to be a woman, and is therefore, not a lesbian?

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

EmmaLee wrote: December 4th, 2022, 1:28 pm
Interesting about his reference to 'Nehemiah' - makes me wonder if he believes that's an actual record of scripture?

Word is that Ardern was ex'd because of being an unrepentant lesbian and her disagreement with the Church on 'gay marriage', etc. Are you suggesting she's a biological male, pretending to be a woman, and is therefore, not a lesbian?
Jacinda Ardern resigned from the church. She lives with a male partner and gave birth to a child a year or two back.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Robin Hood wrote: December 4th, 2022, 2:15 pm
EmmaLee wrote: December 4th, 2022, 1:28 pm

Jacinda Ardern resigned from the church. She lives with a male partner and gave birth to a child a year or two back.
Interesting how so many people on the forum are wrong about Ardern, as I've only ever heard her referred to as a lesbian here, and more recently, as a transgender. Makes me wonder how accurate any information on the forum is.

Although, living with a man, and having a baby with him, doesn't mean she isn't a lesbian. I know two women that fit that very description and refer to themselves as lesbians. And whether ex'd or left herself, she's no longer a member of the LDS Church, due to her views on all things gay (or at least, that's the reason she gives). <<shrug>>

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

larsenb wrote: December 4th, 2022, 1:04 pm
investigator wrote: December 4th, 2022, 12:05 pm I listened to Joel's talk. There were some parts which are problematic for me. At about the 26:30 time frame he is talking about Donald Trump. He says "I have never seen Donald Trump admit error. Never. That's a problem. When you make a mistake you need to admit error." But yet Joel never has the courage to call upon his churches leaders to admit error. At 2:17:40 a man asks about the churches involvement in the climate change agenda. Joel says "I don't want to speak too openly about my criticism of the church because I am an active member of the church and that could get me in trouble." . . . .
This is one area where I see Trump being misunderstood: never admitting error. I see it more as reflecting what he learned from Norman Vincent Peale, focusing on positive. Peale allegedly was a congregant in the Church Trump went to when younger.

In an interview that probed Trump's religious beliefs, he was asked if he ever asked God's forgiveness when he sins or makes an error, Trump's reply was that when he recognizes he made a mistake or sinned, he corrects his error, and moves on.

In announcing his bid for the 2024 Presidency election, he clearly gave concessions to the anti-Vax people, indicating more may be coming.

BREAKING NOW: Following pressure from House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy – BIDEN TO RESCIND VACCINE MANDATE – for military personnel...

It was fun writing up me accommodation request with information that I post here regularly. :lol:

It was supposed to be a conversation, but TPTB didn't follow through, much like when I've engaged people here, about the probability that the next significant earthquake will have a measured magnitude of 7.3.

Speechless, but not without cause. :mrgreen: dbnp

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

BeNotDeceived wrote: December 4th, 2022, 4:10 pm
larsenb wrote: December 4th, 2022, 1:04 pm

BU

BREAKING NOW: Following pressure from House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy – BIDEN TO RESCIND VACCINE MANDATE – for military personnel...

It was fun writing up me accommodation request with information that I post here regularly. :lol:

It was supposed to be a conversation, but TPTB didn't follow through, much like when I've engaged people here, about the probability that the next significant earthquake will have a measured magnitude of 7.3.

Speechless, but not without cause. :mrgreen: dbnp
Now there's an off-the-wall post. Not sure what you are driving at. But I have no problem with your thinking the next significant earthquake here (I assume) will have a magnitude of 7.3