The Mormon church in Canada: Where did more than $1 billion go? - The Fifth Estate

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
p8riot
captain of 100

The Mormon church in Canada: Where did more than $1 billion go? - The Fifth Estate

Post by p8riot »

Notwithstanding the obvious leftist agenda behind the piece (focus on LGBTQ, taxes are good, etc.), if even just a small bit of the financial modus operandi of the church are true, that is very troubling and no way in harmony with Christ's teachings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgxGYUyvJio

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The Mormon church in Canada: Where did more than $1 billion go? - The Fifth Estate

Post by Chip »

In the beginning of the video, the narrator talks about how successful the church has been and that even the Broadway play "The Book of Mormon" was a runaway hit! They wouldn't need to be so crafty to tell the story.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Re: The Mormon church in Canada: Where did more than $1 billion go? - The Fifth Estate

Post by MikeMaillet »

The Fifth Estate is a CBC production and I absolutely refuse to listen to these smug SOBs. I remember in the 80s when I was a clerk at church that Canadian donations went to some bank in Alberta. I figured that the money made its way to SLC after that.

Mike