Uchtdorf: God gave us masks. God gave us a vaccine.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
tribrac
captain of 1,000

Re: Uchtdorf: God gave us masks. God gave us a vaccine.

Post by tribrac »

God gave us vaccines. God gave us two arms?

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/so ... -two-arms/

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Jesus brought in converts. Joseph Smith brought in converts. The church grew for over a hundred years. People read the Book of Mormon and were converted. Pretty simple. But one day, people realized that the church tells a different story than the BoM. In fact some BoM words were even changed to reflect popular opinion. Also, the church disregards parts of the BoM and the Bible.

So people pray to find out for themselves. They receive a witness. The two stories are in opposition. The scriptures say that God does not change. The church changes every day. Membership is in a free fall. Only new births of existing members keep it going.

One has to be rather stupid to call the covid hoax instructions from the church anything but a lie. The church is actually satan's partner on many fronts. Only an idiot can deny it.

So when people pray for the answer and decide to follow Christ and the scriptures instead of the church, how do you account for that?

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

tribrac wrote: November 16th, 2022, 12:23 pm God gave us vaccines. God gave us two arms?

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/so ... -two-arms/
LOL at this comment in that link:
“God also gave me two middle fingers. I think it’s so you and Joe Biden can both see one at the same time.”
And let us not forget it was Donald Trump who appointed Fauci as the leading member of the White House's coronavirus task force, declared a national emergency (and never rescinded it) over the Coronavirus hoax, and initiated Operation Warp Speed to quickly bring new dangerous vaccines to the world. Biden has his own share of major problems, but he inherited the COVID mess from Trump.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

So...God gave us Trump. God gave us Biden?

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

What Elder Uchtdorf is leaving out is context, and I believe he is doing this intentionally. He is taking advantage of the unquestioning worship of most members for the leaders.

God gave us lots of things, but we only use them in the context in which they are appropriate. The fact that something exists is not evidence that God wants us to use that thing in all circumstances. It is the type of justification a parent gives to their pre-pubescent child to get them to compliance.

Who can take this kind of nonsense seriously? Our leaders have been a complete failure during the last few years. They could have used the events of the last few years to solidify our position in contrast to the world and to unify the Saints. Instead, they have chosen to align themselves more and more closely with the world with the fruit being division, confusion, and dependence.

There was a time when I was excited and overjoyed at the prospect of going to listen to one of our apostles speak. Now I wonder if I should even go and spend most of my time shaking my head at what I see and hear at these meetings. These men seem more managers than special witnesses of the Divine.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Maybe the vaxx WAS a godsend - with the way the world is shaping up, perhaps the vaxx serves as some kind of "pre-trib rapture" mechanism.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Original_Intent wrote: November 16th, 2022, 1:43 pm Maybe the vaxx WAS a godsend - with the way the world is shaping up, perhaps the vaxx serves as some kind of "pre-trib rapture" mechanism.
All God does is remove the hedge of protection.

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Post by Letfreedumbring »

So maybe Nelson is the prophet we needed for our day, how else could we awake from our slumber.

Yes every single conference gets more and more blatant.
Sometimes I need to pinch myself to make sure this is not a dream.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Letfreedumbring wrote: December 17th, 2022, 1:42 am So maybe Nelson is the prophet we needed for our day, how else could we awake from our slumber.
By having leaders that teach truth.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

creator wrote: December 17th, 2022, 3:41 pm
Letfreedumbring wrote: December 17th, 2022, 1:42 am So maybe Nelson is the prophet we needed for our day, how else could we awake from our slumber.
Called but not chosen. And why are they not chosen?

Obeone
captain of 1,000

Post by Obeone »

creator wrote: December 17th, 2022, 3:41 pm