Special Fireside in Nevada

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Re: Special Fireside in Nevada

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

To these men, building a whole bunch more temples IS building Zion / The Kingdom of God on the Earth. I've never understood this concept.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Robin Hood wrote: November 14th, 2022, 9:18 am Why does Sis. Nelson have to be on the ticket?
To appease the feminists in the church.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

ransomme wrote: November 14th, 2022, 10:26 am MOAR teeemples, I'll have anoootherrr plz...
I don't why, but I heard Golem's voice in your words, but maybe that's it. Maybe he's wearing a ring of power that compels him to build temples so that Sauron can spy on us out of the steeples.

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

Post by Letfreedumbring »

iWriteStuff wrote: November 14th, 2022, 8:30 am
This is anecdotal, of course, but when I lived in the Denver temple district they used to bring in a lot of temple workers from Colorado Springs and the Ft. Collins area. Then they built the Ft. Collins temple. Soon after, it became very difficult to find enough people to staff the Denver temple since easily 1/3 of the workers came from Ft. Collins. Then they started lobbying for more people from the Colorado Springs area.

I believe what I am suggesting is that there are a finite number of available and worthy temple workers per area. Adding more temples can create resource constraints, especially if the church isn't exactly growing in that area.
This is the problem with any global church. It is making decisions that do not take into account available local resources as well as unique situations that apply to that area and may not present itself elsewhere. Of course, since each temple and its location is decided by revelation this should not be an issue.

The Lord clearly wanted to keep the temples mostly empty and just push members to fill in the holes one size fits all style because that is the Savior's way. This is an incredibly wasteful use of tithing funds and unnecessary sacrifices being demanded of the members because of lack of planning and dare we say maybe even bothering to ask the Lord to begin with.
Last edited by Letfreedumbring on November 14th, 2022, 12:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Never understood the over emphasis on Not recording them.

As a missionary I watched a visiting 70 jumpdown the throat so to speak of a young eager missionary who had a cassette recorder.

Wow, the contrast as the guy went from "church speak" to corporate tool in a split second, then tried to go back to churchspeak. It was very uncomfortable for everyone in the room.

I don't understand the legal principle behind it, but they had a similar policy in the old MTc. They had posters of the Commitment Pattern, which missionaries were supposed to memorize, but they would confiscate your roll of film if you took a photo of it.

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

tribrac wrote: November 14th, 2022, 12:10 pm Never understood the over emphasis on Not recording them.

As a missionary I watched a visiting 70 jumpdown the throat so to speak of a young eager missionary who had a cassette recorder.

Wow, the contrast as the guy went from "church speak" to corporate tool in a split second, then tried to go back to churchspeak. It was very uncomfortable for everyone in the room.

I don't understand the legal principle behind it, but they had a similar policy in the old MTc. They had posters of the Commitment Pattern, which missionaries were supposed to memorize, but they would confiscate your roll of film if you took a photo of it.
They are following the Lord's way of not recording things as the heathen. Nixon recorded everything and he wasn't inspired. Of course, Nixon was speaking as a man many times and not as president. The Lord works in mysterious and undocumented ways.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

tribrac wrote: November 14th, 2022, 12:10 pm Never understood the over emphasis on Not recording them.

Just to refresh everyone's memory this is the "Commitment Pattern" from the MTC:

1. Prepare the investigator to feel the spirit
2. Inviting them to make commitments
3. Follow up to help them keep their commitments

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Shawn Henry wrote: November 14th, 2022, 11:50 am
ransomme wrote: November 14th, 2022, 10:26 am MOAR teeemples, I'll have anoootherrr plz...
I don't why, but I heard Golem's voice in your words, but maybe that's it. Maybe he's wearing a ring of power that compels him to build temples so that Sauron can spy on us out of the steeples.
This ring?
Attachments
SnB ring.JPG
SnB ring.JPG (24.73 KiB) Viewed 561 times

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

I sometimes imagine some of the ancient disciples, who struggled to have their message recorded and heard (engraving metal plates, anyone?), slapping their forehead as current church leaders demand their message not be recorded and shared.

Letfreedumbring
captain of 100

tribrac wrote: November 14th, 2022, 12:10 pm
I sometimes imagine some of the ancient disciples, who struggled to have their message recorded and heard (engraving metal plates, anyone?), slapping their forehead as current church leaders demand their message not be recorded and shared.
Will we see the 116 lost tapes of GA meetings where they discussed how to warn the general membership about covid in Dec 2019?

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

endlessismyname wrote: November 14th, 2022, 1:58 pm

Didn’t you know when a GA speaks its as sacred as a temple ceremony? Can’t have nobody recording all the good stuff. Too much of that and soon the world will know what we actually believe!

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Haha lots of sarcasm 😜

But seriously, it needs to be said...

The reason for the prohibition of recording is fear. Straight up fear of being found out as uninspired.

DrTheopolis
captain of 10

Post by DrTheopolis »

ransomme wrote: November 14th, 2022, 10:26 am I wonder why Nelson is so bullish on temples?

Sure seems like he's drunk on the idea... MOAR teeemples, I'll have anoootherrr plz...

It doesn't seem very prudent to keep upping the ante and to keep committing so many resources.

It seems to me that RMN doesn't believe that there are any lean times coming, let alone the Lord anytime soon
I think the church is building temples as fast as possible because, for the moment, we can. In order to complete all the temple work that must be done before the end, we need a lot of temples all over the world. There is a time coming, not far off, when the church will not be able to construct temples any longer. Build them while you can.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

DrTheopolis wrote: November 14th, 2022, 5:00 pm
ransomme wrote: November 14th, 2022, 10:26 am I wonder why Nelson is so bullish on temples?

Sure seems like he's drunk on the idea... MOAR teeemples, I'll have anoootherrr plz...

It doesn't seem very prudent to keep upping the ante and to keep committing so many resources.

It seems to me that RMN doesn't believe that there are any lean times coming, let alone the Lord anytime soon
I think the church is building temples as fast as possible because, for the moment, we can. In order to complete all the temple work that must be done before the end, we need a lot of temples all over the world. There is a time coming, not far off, when the church will not be able to construct temples any longer. Build them while you can.
Why build temples all over the world when we believe in a literal gathering?

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: November 14th, 2022, 5:03 pm

According to Holland, we no longer believe in a literal gathering. Seriously, he said that. Dixie College Devotional, December 2012.

“Our Call Is to Build Zion Where We Are

One of the many unique characteristics of our dispensation, this the dispensation of the fulness of times—the last and greatest of all dispensations—is the changing nature of how we establish the kingdom of God on earth. You see, one of the truly exciting things about this dispensation is that it is a time of mighty, accelerated change. And one thing that has changed is that the Church of God will never again flee. It will never again leave Ur in order to leave Haran, in order to leave Canaan, in order to leave Jerusalem, in order to leave England, in order to leave Kirtland, in order to leave Nauvoo, in order to go who knows where. No, as Brigham Young said for us all, “We have been kicked out of the frying-pan into the fire, out of the fire into the middle of the floor, and here we are and here we will stay.”11

Of course, that statement wasn’t a comment about the Salt Lake Valley only or even the Wasatch Front generally; it became a statement for the members of the Church all over the world. In these last days, in this our dispensation, we would become mature enough to stop running. We would become mature enough to plant our feet and our families and our foundations in every nation, kindred, tongue, and people permanently. Zion would be everywhere—wherever the Church is. And with that change—one of the mighty changes of the last days—we no longer think of Zion as where we are going to live; we think of it as how we are going to live.”

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Where does this ideas come from about needing to build so many temples and doing the work the way we do it?currently?

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Lizzy60 wrote: November 14th, 2022, 5:08 pm

According to Holland, we no longer believe in a literal gathering. Seriously, he said that. Dixie College Devotional, December 2012.

One of the many unique characteristics of our dispensation, this the dispensation of the fulness of times—the last and greatest of all dispensations—is the changing nature of how we establish the kingdom of God on earth. You see, one of the truly exciting things about this dispensation is that it is a time of mighty, accelerated change. And one thing that has changed is that the Church of God will never again flee. It will never again leave Ur in order to leave Haran, in order to leave Canaan, in order to leave Jerusalem, in order to leave England, in order to leave Kirtland, in order to leave Nauvoo, in order to go who knows where. No, as Brigham Young said for us all, “We have been kicked out of the frying-pan into the fire, out of the fire into the middle of the floor, and here we are and here we will stay.”11

Of course, that statement wasn’t a comment about the Salt Lake Valley only or even the Wasatch Front generally; it became a statement for the members of the Church all over the world. In these last days, in this our dispensation, we would become mature enough to stop running. We would become mature enough to plant our feet and our families and our foundations in every nation, kindred, tongue, and people permanently. Zion would be everywhere—wherever the Church is. And with that change—one of the mighty changes of the last days—we no longer think of Zion as where we are going to live; we think of it as how we are going to live.”
Maybe this is Exhibit A for why they don’t want to record anything. Holland single-handedly obliterated the 10th article of faith, rewriting both scripture and doctrine, and he did it with complete impunity.

What, really, do we believe any more?

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

iWriteStuff wrote: November 14th, 2022, 5:19 pm

Maybe this is Exhibit A for why they don’t want to record anything. Holland single-handedly obliterated the 10th article of faith, rewriting both scripture and doctrine, and he did it with complete impunity.

When will they change this?

10 We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Wow! That doesn't say anything like what you claimed it did!

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

David O. McKay announced in the early 1950s that the gathering had ended and members were encouraged to stay in their own lands.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

Christianlee wrote: November 14th, 2022, 5:50 pm David O. McKay announced in the early 1950s that the gathering had ended and members were encouraged to stay in their own lands.
He said that Utah wasn't the gathering place.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: November 14th, 2022, 4:57 pm Haha lots of sarcasm 😜

But seriously, it needs to be said...

The reason for the prohibition of recording is fear. Straight up fear of being found out as uninspired.
I imagine they would unironically tell us that the reason it shouldn’t be recorded is that the message is for the local population, forgetting that most of the Bible is epistles written to local congregations.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

iWriteStuff wrote: November 14th, 2022, 5:19 pm

This talk is published by the Church, and so is the audio. If they had a problem with his obliteration of the literal gathering of Israel, they could remove it. It’s not a conference talk. It’s Dixie College. We still have proof of what he said because it’s on LDS.com.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Immigration laws. Pretty darn simple if you ask me.

Now when the Lord hath begun to make an end to all nations, THEN we can talk about a literal gathering to one place.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Christianlee wrote: November 14th, 2022, 5:50 pm David O. McKay announced in the early 1950s that the gathering had ended and members were encouraged to stay in their own lands.
Because then a critical mass was starting to be reached in many different lands.

Seriously, no one here has heard of immigration laws and quotas?