Holland in Helsinki

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Re: Holland in Helsinki

Post by Subcomandante »

ransomme wrote: November 13th, 2022, 1:08 am In case anyone is interested, I got this link from a friend. Finland conference Nov. 13, 2022

https://youtu.be/KhCPhh_5To0
That was a beautiful conference! I probably will never understand the detractors here.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Subcomandante wrote: November 13th, 2022, 4:34 pm
ransomme wrote: November 13th, 2022, 1:08 am In case anyone is interested, I got this link from a friend. Finland conference Nov. 13, 2022

That was a beautiful conference! I probably will never understand the detractors here.
For starters, it might be the lack of the Gospel of Christ in the messages. There was also some really weird messaging and stories that were disjointed.

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

Lizzy60 wrote: November 13th, 2022, 10:09 am Who gives a drawn-out description of the fathers in our lives, including the fathers in our homes, our spouses’ fathers, the fathers of our wards, and even the fathers of our stakes, and how we may need to rely on these fathers even more in the future as times become more difficult.............AND NEVER MENTIONS OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN?!?!

I am speechless.

Except…yes he did. He absolutely did. I guess you were distracted? That was pretty much the conclusion of his talk.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Allison wrote: November 13th, 2022, 9:33 pm
Lizzy60 wrote: November 13th, 2022, 10:09 am Who gives a drawn-out description of the fathers in our lives, including the fathers in our homes, our spouses’ fathers, the fathers of our wards, and even the fathers of our stakes, and how we may need to rely on these fathers even more in the future as times become more difficult.............AND NEVER MENTIONS OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN?!?!

I am speechless.

Except…yes he did. He absolutely did. I guess you were distracted? That was pretty much the conclusion of his talk.
I heard this too.

TheChristian
captain of 100

Post by TheChristian »

The need for the preaching of the Cross and for mankind to put their trust in the One that hung there is the message for today, its the old, old message that is ever new.
Its the message that brings comfort, healing and joy, lifts up the weary soul, brings hope and true fellowship with God, the message that the promised Comforter testifies of in almighty dramatic power to all that hear it and believe.
If these men are to be Witnesses to our Lord, then let them proclaim Him from every pulpit and preach no other message.
Jesus of Nazerath is Lord, eternal life and timeless happiness is in His name alone..........

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

I am speechless.

If I listened to his entire talk, but something distracted me at the end so that I missed his testimony of the Father in his conclusion, I would have to say that most of his talk was NOT centered on Christ. I do remember hearing a lot about Church.

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

ransomme wrote: November 13th, 2022, 9:40 am This was Stockholm
https://youtu.be/taZzM9W00eo

This was the YA/YSA agreed on Helsinki
https://youtube.com/watch?v=HunTgQKUHkI&feature=share
I really wish Elder Holland would stop the jokes about his not being rich. It is tone deaf and he absolutely would be considered rich compared to most of the world. He has all his needs taken care of, plus some.

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

Lizzy60 wrote: November 14th, 2022, 9:10 am

I am speechless.

If I listened to his entire talk, but something distracted me at the end so that I missed his testimony of the Father in his conclusion, I would have to say that most of his talk was NOT centered on Christ. I do remember hearing a lot about Church.

Thank you for your honesty. It would have been easy to miss.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Will you remember this as the world and economy slide into further turmoil, and decline?
This sounds like a WEF member...
who will remember.JPG
who will remember.JPG (97.45 KiB) Viewed 561 times

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

ransomme wrote: November 14th, 2022, 2:30 pm

Will you remember this as the world and economy slide into further turmoil, and decline?
who will remember.JPG
Literally crying "all is well" and "tomorrow shall be like today, but even better"

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Jeremiah 6:14

Amplified Bible
“They have treated superficially the [bloody] broken wound of My people, Saying, ‘Peace, peace,’ When there is no peace.

Jeremiah 6 - Berean Std Bible

13 For from the least of them to the greatest, all are greedy for gain; from prophet to priest, all practice deceit. 14 They dress the wound of My people with very little care, saying, ‘Peace, peace,’ when there is no peace at all. 15 Are they ashamed of the abomination they have committed? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; when I punish them, they will collapse,” says the LORD.…

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers

(14) They have healed . . . slightly.--Literally, as a thing of nought, a light matter. The words "of the daughter" are in italics, as indicating that the marginal reading of the Hebrew omits them. They are found, however, in the present text.
Peace, peace.--The word is taken almost in the sense of "health," as in Genesis 43:27-28, and elsewhere. The false prophets were as physicians who told the man suffering from a fatal disease that he was in full health. As the previous words show, the prophet has in his mind the false encouragements given by those who should have been the true guides of the people. Looking at Josiah's reformation as sufficient to win the favour of Jehovah, they met Jeremiah's warnings of coming evil by the assurance that all was well, and that invasion and conquest were far-off dangers.

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

Chip wrote: November 14th, 2022, 4:29 pm Jeremiah 6:14

Amplified Bible
“They have treated superficially the [bloody] broken wound of My people, Saying, ‘Peace, peace,’ When there is no peace.

Jeremiah 6 - Berean Std Bible

13 For from the least of them to the greatest, all are greedy for gain; from prophet to priest, all practice deceit. 14 They dress the wound of My people with very little care, saying, ‘Peace, peace,’ when there is no peace at all. 15 Are they ashamed of the abomination they have committed? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; when I punish them, they will collapse,” says the LORD.…
Ezekiel 13
9 “So My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and utter lying divinations. They will have no place in the council of My people, nor will they be written down in the register of the house of Israel, nor will they enter the land of Israel, so that you may know that I am the Lord God.
10 It is definitely because they have misled My people by saying, ‘Peace!’ when there is no peace. And when anyone builds a wall, behold, they plaster it over with whitewash;
11 So tell those who plaster it over with whitewash, that it will fall. A flooding rain will come, and you, hailstones, will fall, and a violent wind will break out.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

who will remember.JPG
Yeah, can you believe he's saying that prayers will be answered?

The Brethren Derangement Syndrome on the forum is alive and well, it seems.

Alexander
the Great

Post by Alexander »

Isaiah 1
15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.

Micha 3
4 Then they will cry out to the Lord,
But He will not answer them.
Instead, He will hide His face from them at that time
Because they have practiced evil deeds.

Ezekiel 8
18 Therefore, I indeed will deal in wrath. My eye will have no pity nor will I spare; and though they cry out in My ears with a loud voice, yet I will not listen to them.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

I quit paying tithing awhile ago. Now I am able to help my grown children who are feeling the effects of the beginning of Biden’s recession.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Artaxerxes wrote: November 14th, 2022, 4:47 pm

who will remember.JPG

That is not a simple, God answered prayers. There is no indication that things will be more peaceful or prosperous in the world over the next decade or two. So if things don't improve, then who will remember this?

Plus prayers are for us to thank God, to ask for His will and for forgiveness. Prayers need to be righteous, and not vain nor repetitious.

Plus people traveled far and at great expense to hear a big nothing burger. I don't find making fun of the 70 uplifting or those two empty stories edifying. I didn't hear any special witness of Christ. People are hungering after and thirsting for the word but instead they got muddy.

Artaxerxes
captain of 1,000

Post by Artaxerxes »

ransomme wrote: November 14th, 2022, 5:16 pm

who will remember.JPG

That is not a simple, God answered prayers. There is no indication that things will be more peaceful or prosperous in the world over the next decade or two. So if things don't improve, then who will remember this?

Plus prayers are for us to thank God, to ask for His will and for forgiveness. Prayers need to be righteous, and not vain nor repetitious.

Plus people traveled far and at great expense to hear a big nothing burger. I don't find making fun of the 70 uplifting or those two empty stories edifying. I didn't hear any special witness of Christ. People are hungering after and thirsting for the word but instead they got muddy.
There's every reason to believe things will be better. Poverty and malnutrition are way down. Life expectancy is way up. Crime has been trending down for a long time, despite the recent uptick. Freedom is on the march. I fully expect things will continue to improve.

Prayer is for a lot of things. "Prayer is a form of work and is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all blessings."

It sounds like he exhorted people to pray. That's certainly worth the price of admission.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

who will remember.JPG
This is like the very Temple Elder Holland tries to espouse, and he does sound like a WEF member ...

https://www.thechurchnews.com/global/20 ... generation

thechurchnews.com
Leaders & Ministry

======

I'm sorry - but we're THIS close. There are two Christs. There are TWO Messiahs.

Anointed Ones = Two Messiahs = Two Christs

Messiah Ben Joseph / Firstborn (Ephraim) / King Messiah / he must have a "Son of Man"
Messiah Ben David / Jesus Christs / cannot be a "Son of Man"

Zechariah 4:Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

I've won what is inside in the big question: What is inside the sealed portion of the plates?

(7:44)
Last edited by Alaris on November 14th, 2022, 7:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

“Despite the trying time, however, Elder Holland spoke with optimism and hope that “happier days lie ahead.”
The prayers of the righteous will prevail, and we will have peace and prosperity for the rising generation,” he said.”

Oh I get it. If we’re righteous and pray, evil will go away and peace will reign.
Rising generations won’t be poor because of communism and inflation. That will go away too.

Moroni104
captain of 100

Post by Moroni104 »

Thanks for sharing.

It is always interesting and nice to be able to hear what is being said in different places.

I didn't observe anything in this talk that seemed out of place, as is suggested by some of the other people providing comment.

SuHwak
captain of 50

Post by SuHwak »

Mamabear wrote: November 14th, 2022, 7:23 pm Oh I get it. If we’re righteous and pray, evil will go away and peace will reign.
Rising generations won’t be poor because of communism and inflation. That will go away too.
You do not believe in righteousness and prayer? The evil will indeed be removed from our personal lives, and peace will reign in our spirit indeed through faith in Jesus Christ, righteousness and prayer.
If they are righteous and pray the rising generations will have sufficient for their needs.

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

who will remember.JPG

Yeah I quit taking my pills a while back. I figured I didn't need them anymore. :)

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

Alexander wrote: November 13th, 2022, 10:10 am

At about the 1:23:00 mark, Holland recounts this story from President Mckay, in which he went into the mountains to pray as a boy "going up like Enos", spending the entire day expecting a spiritual manifestation or "gaining of a testimony". Holland states, "well if you know the story, you know he didn't succeed. And even if you didn't know the story, you probably guessed, which is why I'm telling the story, that he tried and he didn't get a manifestation."
Holland continues and describes how Mckay didn't get anything up on that mountain; it wasn't until Mckay's mission (which he went on out of duty and respect for his parents and ward) that he felt like he "obtained a testimony".

Holland's moral of the story is that nobody he knows has obtained something as expected like that in the scriptures, of a great manifestation. Everybody he knows has "gotten a testimony" just by doing their church duties. No

So basically "don't go into the mountains or the grove to pray; you won't experience God that way".
Thank God that I know PERSONALLY, that he is dead wrong on this. The Lord himself taught us that if we seek him, we will find him and that if we knock, it shall be opened unto us. I encourage all who are able, to take a journey into the wilderness. Fast if you are able. If you put that kind of effort into seeking Him, he will answer you. Enos wasn't any more or less than you and I. Same with Moses, and JS. Despite their high callings, they were simply sinners and mortals like you and I. Don't sell yourself short like the suits in SLC. They seem to want to deny you such things or lower your expectations for some reason. Never stop seeking Him. He honors and rewards our diligent efforts to commune with Him. This I know.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

blitzinstripes wrote: November 15th, 2022, 6:39 am
Alexander wrote: November 13th, 2022, 10:10 am

At about the 1:23:00 mark, Holland recounts this story from President Mckay, in which he went into the mountains to pray as a boy "going up like Enos", spending the entire day expecting a spiritual manifestation or "gaining of a testimony". Holland states, "well if you know the story, you know he didn't succeed. And even if you didn't know the story, you probably guessed, which is why I'm telling the story, that he tried and he didn't get a manifestation."
Holland continues and describes how Mckay didn't get anything up on that mountain; it wasn't until Mckay's mission (which he went on out of duty and respect for his parents and ward) that he felt like he "obtained a testimony".

Holland's moral of the story is that nobody he knows has obtained something as expected like that in the scriptures, of a great manifestation. Everybody he knows has "gotten a testimony" just by doing their church duties. No

So basically "don't go into the mountains or the grove to pray; you won't experience God that way".
Thank God that I know PERSONALLY, that he is dead wrong on this. The Lord himself taught us that if we seek him, we will find him and that if we knock, it shall be opened unto us. I encourage all who are able, to take a journey into the wilderness. Fast if you are able. If you put that kind of effort into seeking Him, he will answer you. Enos wasn't any more or less than you and I. Same with Moses, and JS. Despite their high callings, they were simply sinners and mortals like you and I. Don't sell yourself short like the suits in SLC. They seem to want to deny you such things or lower your expectations for some reason. Never stop seeking Him. He honors and rewards our diligent efforts to commune with Him. This I know.
I think that because they don't have these kind of experiences that they don't think anyone else will either. So they magnify their unbelief using their position and influence to push unbelief onto others. 😢