Democrats renew push to force covid mask wearing

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Re: Democrats renew push to force covid mask wearing

Post by Christianlee »

Glad my area is not run by Demonrats.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

WHAAAA????? Biden said that the pandemic was over in September. Turns out it was a strategy to improve the Dem's chances for the midterms. One that worked almost to perfection...

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

So how long before the Church pushes masks again?

Hopefully they learned... I think fewer would be willing to adopt them

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

ransomme wrote: November 12th, 2022, 4:09 pm So how long before the Church pushes masks again?

For sure not at the top. They’ll jump right on it again, proving they have not learned anything from this. Spell bound they are.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

madvin wrote: November 12th, 2022, 5:02 pm
ransomme wrote: November 12th, 2022, 4:09 pm So how long before the Church pushes masks again?

For sure not at the top. They’ll jump right on it again, proving they have not learned anything from this. Spell bound they are.
To my local friends who don't want to call a spade a spade, this would throw them over the edge, into clarity.

I expect the leaders to continue on this trajectory until they "brick" the whole church.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Truth has no place in the thinking of leftists. We see this every day as people are persecuted for climate change denier, election results denier, multiple gender denier, fake science denier, etc.

Is a person or organization that praises Biden, respects Hillary, promotes the covid hoax, partners with the UN, partners with the WEF, joins the secret clergy response team, donates to the democratic party, suggests following corrupt government, calls a purely satanic elixir a godsend, discourages asking God for help in place of a shot proven to be fatal in many cases, discourages Elders giving a Blessing for ANY reason, and a trillion others, pure evil, incredibly stupid, or simply uninformed about anything of importance?

They can not truthfully say that they did not know. Far too many people have told them for this to be the case.

Because we do know that they do know, it proves they are lying.

It's kind of a big deal for people to believe that they simply did not know any better and made a mistake. Being in regular two-way communication with God and all. Professing inability to lead us astray.

Do they remind you of Gomer Pyle?

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

It'll depend on the region. They'll definitely push masks in areas where mask mandates are had again. They'll leave it to the discretion of the members in areas where mask mandates are not had.

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

The mask is a leftist’s MAGA hat. No wonder they push it!

If the mask requirement returns to church, I hope more of our members will prefer to sit it out at home. After getting over my resentment about not being allowed to attend church without a mask, I was actually enjoying how easy it was to watch Zoom for an hour and let everyone else do the work. Toward the end it almost seemed as if some of our ward members were a little envious of our long “vacation.” I’ll for sure enjoy it more this time.

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

Subcomandante wrote: November 12th, 2022, 7:00 pm

It'll depend on the region. They'll definitely push masks in areas where mask mandates are had again. They'll leave it to the discretion of the members in areas where mask mandates are not had.
They pushed them in areas with zero mandates. What makes you think that wouldn't happen again?

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Dems were quiet about Vax, masks, culture warfare, abortion activism and green deconstruction of our lives.

While they threatened oil and gas companies to get lower gas prices, lied about student debt elimination and increasing Social Security. And colluded with their corporate buddies to have the corporatios wait to do layoffs until just after the election (see Meta, Lyft, Disney, Stanley Morgan, Netflix and more to come).

Rubicon
captain of 1,000

Post by Rubicon »

Didn't even the hardcore CDC people and fellow travelers admit that masks never really stopped anything? Ramping up this "we are at war with Eurasia - we have always been at war with Eurasia, and have never been at war with Eastasia" whiplash won't work. Except in some unfortunate countries. This would be a nonstarter, even in liberal areas in the US. The genie is out of the bottle, and can't be put back in. If I'm wrong, then would the last person out please turn off the lights?

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Ugly people like Democrats, Communists, and Idiots should wear masks.

To let the rest of us know who they are.

It also let's me walk amongst the herd unmolested.

They are so stupid.

Moo.

Sir H

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

Fred wrote: November 12th, 2022, 5:49 pm Truth has no place in the thinking of leftists. We see this every day as people are persecuted for climate change denier, election results denier, multiple gender denier, fake science denier, etc.

Is a person or organization that praises Biden, respects Hillary, promotes the covid hoax, partners with the UN, partners with the WEF, joins the secret clergy response team, donates to the democratic party, suggests following corrupt government, calls a purely satanic elixir a godsend, discourages asking God for help in place of a shot proven to be fatal in many cases, discourages Elders giving a Blessing for ANY reason, and a trillion others, pure evil, incredibly stupid, or simply uninformed about anything of importance?

They can not truthfully say that they did not know. Far too many people have told them for this to be the case.

Because we do know that they do know, it proves they are lying.

It's kind of a big deal for people to believe that they simply did not know any better and made a mistake. Being in regular two-way communication with God and all. Professing inability to lead us astray.

Do they remind you of Gomer Pyle?
Leftist agitators manipulating the American Voter.
Sir H

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Rubicon wrote: November 13th, 2022, 5:59 am Didn't even the hardcore CDC people and fellow travelers admit that masks never really stopped anything? Ramping up this "we are at war with Eurasia - we have always been at war with Eurasia, and have never been at war with Eastasia" whiplash won't work. Except in some unfortunate countries. This would be a nonstarter, even in liberal areas in the US. The genie is out of the bottle, and can't be put back in. If I'm wrong, then would the last person out please turn off the lights?
They did early on – spring 2020 – that was mainly because they were hard to come by and had been snaffled up.

My pet peeve is when people say "since Covid" or "since the pandemic". I point out to them that Covid was supposedly on the go in October 2019 (hence the name Covid-19) and it took six months for lockdowns to appear. It's confusing to them.

There was a very nasty flu going around in late '19 here, far worse than anything from 2020 onwards.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Depends on the local/regional government and where "the Church" is located...same as last go-around...

Vote with your feet....

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

CuriousThinker wrote: November 12th, 2022, 7:43 pm

They pushed them in areas with zero mandates. What makes you think that wouldn't happen again?
Where was that the case? ...zero mandates?

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

Jason wrote: November 13th, 2022, 4:50 pm

In Texas, Utah, other places too I am sure, where there were no longer mandates members were still told to wear them when they came to church. I saw it in Texas myself.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

CuriousThinker wrote: November 13th, 2022, 5:56 pm
Jason wrote: November 13th, 2022, 4:50 pm

In Texas, Utah, other places too I am sure, where there were no longer mandates members were still told to wear them when they came to church. I saw it in Texas myself.
I personally don't know of an area where there were zero mandates. Sure mandates were rolled back sooner rather than later in many places...but the "government" mandates were put in place everywhere. Federal funding required such...and everyone partook from the federal money spigot...

I saw the same things as you in Idaho which was probably pretty similar to Texas. I also saw a wide variance within my little neck of the woods of eastern Idaho depending upon local authorities and which way they leaned on the issue. I also know the church took the conservative viewpoint (in terms of the pandemic and what was publicly viewed as careful and safe)...ultimately though with time it was left to the determination of local leadership...

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

My new favorite hobby is to approach a mask wearer and say "hang in there, I'm sure they'll have a vaccine soon".

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

Allison wrote: November 12th, 2022, 7:36 pm The mask is a leftist’s MAGA hat. No wonder they push it!

If the mask requirement returns to church, I hope more of our members will prefer to sit it out at home. After getting over my resentment about not being allowed to attend church without a mask, I was actually enjoying how easy it was to watch Zoom for an hour and let everyone else do the work. Toward the end it almost seemed as if some of our ward members were a little envious of our long “vacation.” I’ll for sure enjoy it more this time.
It was difficult for me to sit through most zoom/ YouTube broadcasts- couldn't stand seeing the masked gaslighters on parade - from organist, choristers, speakers, bishops, councilors to stk President and other authorities strategically placed to "stand guard "- always watching for unmasked rebels. .. sickening to witness children wearing masks
It all got in the way of hearing messages let alone feeling the Spirit
There were a few exceptions - those who didn't mask and lifted my spirit by their words of truth

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

TwochurchesOnly wrote: November 14th, 2022, 10:10 am
Allison wrote: November 12th, 2022, 7:36 pm The mask is a leftist’s MAGA hat. No wonder they push it!

It was difficult for me to sit through most zoom/ YouTube broadcasts- couldn't stand seeing the masked gaslighters on parade - from organist, choristers, speakers, bishops, councilors to stk President and other authorities strategically placed to "stand guard "- always watching for unmasked rebels. .. sickening to witness children wearing masks
There were a few exceptions - those who didn't mask and lifted my spirit by their words of truth

Yes, all of that ate at me for quite a long time, but think how much harder it would have been to attend church and have to see those theatrics all over the place, as well as the stupid hand sanitizer pedestals. Someone described how heartbreaking it was to see this one large and stalwart family come in with all of the children marching behind the parents, every single one of them down to the two year old, in a black mask. So grateful I never had to see that kind of thing.

Besides, all we could really see on Zoom was our Bishop in his seat (masked) and the organist, plus sometimes the speaker pulling off a mask while approaching the podium. But the beauty of it was, we were home in our pajamas and snacking, if we felt like it, on our cushy furniture, and after less than an hour, we were done for the week—Poof!

darknesstolight
captain of 1,000

Post by darknesstolight »

Go to your townhall and tell your local officials what they can and cannot do. Be proactive and stand on a line where you won't budge.

It's not gonna get better unless The People do something. Check out the shenanigans.

https://ocgov.granicus.com/player/clip/ ... fb1bacc087

EDIT: If you want to skip to the good part go to time 11:55 in video

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

Allison wrote: November 14th, 2022, 11:22 am

Yes, all of that ate at me for quite a long time, but think how much harder it would have been to attend church and have to see those theatrics all over the place, as well as the stupid hand sanitizer pedestals. Someone described how heartbreaking it was to see this one large and stalwart family come in with all of the children marching behind the parents, every single one of them down to the two year old, in a black mask. So grateful I never had to see that kind of thing.

Besides, all we could really see on Zoom was our Bishop in his seat (masked) and the organist, plus sometimes the speaker pulling off a mask while approaching the podium. But the beauty of it was, we were home in our pajamas and snacking, if we felt like it, on our cushy furniture, and after less than an hour, we were done for the week—Poof!

While it was nice to be comfy at home, my nagging thoughts could not make sense of fact that all these people were either going along to get along( masks and jabs, lgbtqxyz...) or they actually believed all the lies or were blind or in denial - sooo, I didn't care what they had to say, about anything. So, I stopped listening.(Also, mask wearing is new IQ test)

I see now that it all was part of helping to shake me awake - no more drowsiness ---getting past the initial shock of reality of our awful situation, toughening up my spiritual skin, so I can move forward armed with courage and faith and truth

Recent, infrequent attendance in person has been telling as well - a few still masking ( and children !!!) my tongue is sore from biting it/not speaking out, at church and other public places )
Rarely can I say amen to a talk or "testimony", let alone sit thru the entire mtg
Last month, a bishop (not conducting) got up after testimonies to invite everyone to come to tithing declaration - sign up - and told the children/ youth to ask their parents what it is and to take them all along for this very important meeting ...😡😤
If I'd had children there, I would have confronted afterwards - Something along lines of " how dare you involve children in adult matters- coercion, blackmail, etc " and told him some truth bombs about tithing
Lucky for me, I just left -
Gotta pick my battles
Conserve my brain and energy

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Allison wrote: November 14th, 2022, 11:22 am

My ward meets in a building that is 30 miles away, and isn’t in our Stake boundary, when there is a building closer, so we also enjoyed the lack of a 60-mile commute.

Also, in Texas, churches were NEVER closed, by mandate of the governor. LDS churches were closed for months, and masks were required for months after that. For awhile the vaxxed could attend without a mask but the unvaxxed still had to wear a mask. This was crazy because the same people who opposed masks also opposed the vaxx, for the most part. And no one wanted to pretend to be vaxxed in order to take off their mask, because they didn’t want people to think they were okay with the vaxx, as well as the dishonesty of that deception.

So. We. Stayed. Home.