Special Fireside in Nevada

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Special Fireside in Nevada

Post by JK4Woods »

We've been getting announcements that this coming Sunday, there will be a special fireside for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the State of Nevada.

Speakers will be President Russel M. Nelson, Wendy Nelson, and M. Russell Ballard, acting president of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.

The fireside will be Live, and an hour and fifteen minutes long.
The broadcast will be transmitted in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, and American Sign Language.

From the flier in our stake:
"We are grateful for the opportunity to hear President and Sister Nelson and President Ballard give counsel and direction. We encourage members to listen to, study, and apply the counsel given."

What, pray-tell, will be the topics for counsel and direction...??

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Re: Special Fireside in Nevada

Post by Christianlee »

They won’t have anything new or important to say.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Christianlee wrote: November 12th, 2022, 9:03 am They won’t have anything new or important to say.
1) Profit make you smrt!
2) Profit have revelation every night!
3) If you follow smrt Profit you will get to heaven!
4) If you no follow smrt Profit you go to..... Starbucks.
5) Have you heard that we have a smrt Profit?
6) Where will you go if no follow smrt Profit?
7) It's Sunday - where my money at?
8) We thank you O God for a smrt Profit!
9) Amen!
10) P.S. - Profit!

What did I miss?

P.S.S - I just saved you 1.25 hours. You're welcome.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

iWriteStuff wrote: November 12th, 2022, 9:13 am
Christianlee wrote: November 12th, 2022, 9:03 am They won’t have anything new or important to say.
1) Profit make you smrt!
9) Amen!
10) P.S. - Profit!

What did I miss?

11. Covenant Path, Covenant Path, Covenant Path
12. Temples, Temples, Temples

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

13. Stay. In. The. Boat!

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

That in itself, if true, should be significant.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

JK4Woods wrote: November 12th, 2022, 8:46 am We've been getting announcements that this coming Sunday, there will be a special fireside for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the State of Nevada.

Speakers will be President Russel M. Nelson, Wendy Nelson, and M. Russell Ballard, acting president of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.

The broadcast will be transmitted in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, and American Sign Language.

"We are grateful for the opportunity to hear President and Sister Nelson and President Ballard give counsel and direction. We encourage members to listen to, study, and apply the counsel given."

That should be pretty interesting. There was a temple announced for NW Las Vegas...

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Special assignment in an alien invasion psyop to make people turn to the church🤔👽🛸✝️🕍

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

1) Profit make you smrt!
9) Amen!
10) P.S. - Profit!

What did I miss?

I just 😂 so hard!

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

1) Profit make you smrt!
9) Amen!
10) P.S. - Profit!

What did I miss?

I have never laughed as hard at a forum post as this one. Thank you.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

JK4Woods wrote: November 12th, 2022, 8:46 am We've been getting announcements that this coming Sunday, there will be a special fireside for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the State of Nevada.

Do tell.

Sir H

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

I would guess, since Ballard is included, that it's about Missionary work?

spiritMan
captain of 1,000

Post by spiritMan »

I would go to ask the direct question about why we as parents we are expected to send our sons and daughters to be companions with queers. If that is acceptable, then why is it not acceptable to have young single men be companions with young single women . . .they don't "act on it' so what the problem?

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Based on my experience with 'special' firesides in the past, just keep your expectations really low. REALLY low. 👍😁

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

One thought I had is that with the economic slowdown, I suspect tithing receipts are probably in the toilet, so if I were setting up a "drinking game" I suspect paying a full and generous tithing will be at least mentioned, if not repeatedly so.

The god send is not really in vogue so I suspect it will not be mentioned much, if at all.

Missionary work is also a good way to get full tithe payers - wouldn't it be hilarious if people were counselled to proselyte in more well-off neighborhoods since we seem to believe in a prosperity gospel, so God clearly wants those better off to be the focus of getting saved...

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Original_Intent wrote: November 12th, 2022, 3:03 pm One thought I had is that with the economic slowdown, I suspect tithing receipts are probably in the toilet, so if I were setting up a "drinking game" I suspect paying a full and generous tithing will be at least mentioned, if not repeatedly so.

The god send is not really in vogue so I suspect it will not be mentioned much, if at all.

Missionary work is also a good way to get full tithe payers - wouldn't it be hilarious if people were counselled to proselyte in more well-off neighborhoods since we seem to believe in a prosperity gospel, so God clearly wants those better off to be the focus of getting saved...

My friend's wife did her mission in the Philippines and they were instructed only to proselytize in the wealthy neighborhoods above the slums, because they would need the wealthier Philipinos converted first, so that they could later help convert the poor. She struggled with this, but rationalized it in her mind and EVEN made it part of her testimony.

This is partly why what Leland is saying on this forum about the church wanting to limit its membership is not unbelievable to me.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Original_Intent wrote: November 12th, 2022, 3:03 pm One thought I had is that with the economic slowdown, I suspect tithing receipts are probably in the toilet, so if I were setting up a "drinking game" I suspect paying a full and generous tithing will be at least mentioned, if not repeatedly so.

My previous Stake President focused an entire ward conference talk on how affluent our ward was, and we needed to be sharing the gospel with our affluent friends and neighbors, and he used a neighboring stake as an example of how some affluent people in that stake joined the church years ago and how much they had contributed to the church with the leadership positions they held (and money, of course, although not specified).

I was really tired of the word “affluent” by the time he was done.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

I'm so interested to see what they say. Please report back!

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Lizzy60 wrote: November 12th, 2022, 3:25 pm

My previous Stake President focused an entire ward conference talk on how affluent our ward was, and we needed to be sharing the gospel with our affluent friends and neighbors, and he used a neighboring stake as an example of how some affluent people in that stake joined the church years ago and how much they had contributed to the church with the leadership positions they held (and money, of course, although not specified).

I was really tired of the word “affluent” by the time he was done.
Did he say "affluent" even more than "had the opportunity to..."?

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

LDS Physician wrote: November 12th, 2022, 3:31 pm

I'm so interested to see what they say. Please report back!
Well if its anything like their special message to Europe in January or will be "follow and emulate RMN" by Wendy Nelson, and nebulous and baseless bright future for Europe/Nevada talk, aka all is well in Zion
Last edited by ransomme on November 12th, 2022, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

Chip wrote: November 12th, 2022, 3:20 pm

My friend's wife did her mission in the Philippines and they were instructed only to proselytize in the wealthy neighborhoods above the slums, because they would need the wealthier Philipinos converted first, so that they could later help convert the poor. She struggled with this, but rationalized it in her mind and EVEN made it part of her testimony.

This is partly why what Leland is saying on this forum about the church wanting to limit its membership is not unbelievable to me.
Reminds me of my son’s mission in Hungary (1997-1999) where he would go proselyte among the gypsies. Even though, as I understand it, the missionaries weren’t supposed to do that, my son went there anyway. His companions would always try to talk him out of it to no avail.

He would also stop many people on the streets on the way to appointments etc. just to talk with them about the gospel all the time, driving some of his companions crazy because he would always make them late.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Word to the wise: don’t use “drinking game” and “toilet” in the same post. 😂😂😂

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Please ask about his affiliation with Skull and Bones.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

Subcomandante wrote: November 12th, 2022, 10:05 am That should be pretty interesting. There was a temple announced for NW Las Vegas...
Maybe Rusty got revelation to install holy slot machines in the lobby. Triple 7's gives you complete absolution from sin for 24 hours.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

gruden2.0 wrote: November 12th, 2022, 5:16 pm
Subcomandante wrote: November 12th, 2022, 10:05 am That should be pretty interesting. There was a temple announced for NW Las Vegas...
Maybe Rusty got revelation to install holy slot machines in the lobby. Triple 7's gives you complete absolution from sin for 24 hours.
😂😂😂